Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 374718 times)

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
Re: The Scottish Football Thread 2014/15
« Reply #320 on: November 3, 2014, 04:14:30 pm »
Motherwell away ,if the clowns had gave the balls a good shake we wouldn't have seen so many premier league match ups , can't see Cathro being enticed with the Motherwell job , to early for him .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: November 3, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »
It is not just the 5 all premiership ties that open out the draw, Hearts and Rangers who are currently the top two in the championship are also playing Premiership opposition.

But I was watching the draw begging for the team we are playing. At least it should not be another 7-0 defeat *sigh* I am presuming it may well be the TV game as well.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: November 3, 2014, 05:38:09 pm »
Admirable attempt to not call it Castle Greyskull but it's Snake Mountain surely? :D

What's happened to Ryan Gauld by the way? Has he played much for Sporting yet? Whenever I've looked he's not been in the squad. I guess it's to be expected to an extent - is he still finding his feet and will he get much playing time out there do you think?

Playing well in the B team seemingly, had a full Scotland cap ,in their champions league squad ,the lad is doing it the right way , would be concerned if he wasn't pushing for a place in the 1 st team this time next year though .
JFT96

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #323 on: November 3, 2014, 06:09:52 pm »
Playing well in the B team seemingly, had a full Scotland cap ,in their champions league squad ,the lad is doing it the right way , would be concerned if he wasn't pushing for a place in the 1 st team this time next year though .

Cheers, good luck to him.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: November 3, 2014, 06:18:01 pm »
A wee bit of common sense about Scotland's shame game

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/reasons-to-be-fearful/

Last Saturday evening I got an idea of just how much the hacks in Glasgow had been grieving the loss of the ‘Old Firm’.

I did not really have a handle on how much they felt the loss of the fixture that defined their … ahem …journalism.

Well, now I know.

On Radio Clyde, anything mentioned about carnage on the streets or domestic abuse by callers was swatted away.

Apparently the national game in Scotland “needs this match” and anything else is detail.

Presumably within this narrative we can file the name of Mark Scott as a detail, although I am sure the lad’s family would see it differently.

My preferred scenario would have been Celtic being drawn against one of the other clubs and being beaten in that semi-final.

I would much rather that the Sevco customer base had two victorious outings at Hampden than my club meet with the creature that was created by Charles of Normandy in 2012.

However, it will happen now and the hacks cannot contain their glee.

A long time ago I once heard an experienced journalist dissing another member of my trade.

“Ah him, he’s just a bungalow writer”.

I didn’t get the significance of the term and the look on my face must have conveyed that because an explanation was proffered immediately.

“One story. He’s only got one story”.

As with all homophone humour it only really works with the spoken word.

The hacks have been huddled in their Old Firm bungalow since 2012.

This is the story that they understand and what they’re comfortable with.

Over the last two years or so The People have developed a sense of victimhood that would make members of an end of the world cult appear rational and open to debate.

They believe that their club was the victim of a vast conspiracy.

This scenario would not be out of place within the script of “A Beautiful Mind”.

I’m fairly certainly that some of The People have a wall of their abode plastered with cuttings and post it notes that connects half of humanity into this conspiracy.

The simple truth is more prosaic.

Rangers went out of business owing millions of pounds to 276 creditors.

The club formed in 1872 self-destructed in 2012.

No one made them borrow money that they could not afford and they were not forced to adopt creative taxation polices that Hector considered a form tax evasion.

Quite simply Rangers did it to themselves.

Since Charlie Green turned up and bought the body parts of the dead club the grotesque entity he created has managed to somehow lose £67m in 18 months.

Coincidentally during that time Charles of Normandy got himself a château.

All of this means that The People, imbued with a  Herrenvolk sense of entitlement, have been publicly humiliated and openly derided on Planet Fitba for over two years.

Rather than face up to the facts they sought refuge in a conspiracy theory where Rangers was a helpless victim rather than that author of their own downfall.

Regardless of what happens on the field of play that fixture early next year could provide a releaser cue to the next Jason Campbell.

When the mainstream media is asked to discuss ‘Old Firm violence’ they are already operating within a narrative that is based upon a false equivalence.

The ‘one side is as bad as the other’ mantra is an official fiction that official Scotland must abide by.

Anyone who is not on message is told rather quickly to parrot the officially sanctioned truth of Rorschachian symmetry.

However, the truth can be revealed by examining blood stains rather than inkblots.

I will not be in Glasgow during that fixture. Instead, I will seek the tranquillity of an Irish hillside.

My fear is that the emergency services will be anything but tranquil before and after that match at Hampden.

The hacks, by peddling the same club myth, have only fed the sense of injustice that The People now want to make someone pay for.

Those who cling to the North Korean viewpoint that this is the same club at Ibrox may wish to pay back the thousands of pounds owed to the Ambulance Service by Rangers (1872 -2012).

The same fascist underclass that celebrated in George Square when fear defeated hope in the independence referendum will be hoping to strike terror into some unfortunate, outnumbered victim.

Some of the chaps who sing of wading up to their knees in blood are not averse to spilling some of it providing, of course, that the haemoglobin has sufficient traces of perceived Irishness.

However, the hacks are happy.

The city that voted to leave Britain in September will again see the face of Bulldog Britain in all of its tacky fascism at the national stadium.

In the next three months the stenographers will mercilessly wear out the lexicon of armed conflict in describing this game of association football.

I have on occasion mixed with the denizens of the Fitba fourth estate and they did not immediately strike me as war correspondent material.

The last time these two sets of supporters were in Hampden at the same time, The People indulged in constant Fenian blood wading and belted out the Famine Song.

The Scottish Government’s Justice Minister Kenny MacAskill stated that:

“This was the showpiece final everyone wanted to see, and it was a great advert for Scottish football.

“Both teams were passionate, committed and it was end to end stuff from kick off to the final whistle.

“The players, management and fans contributed to a memorable occasion, and I urge that their positive example inside the ground is replicated outside it over the course of the evening and beyond.”

This “showpiece” included a cacophony of anti-Irish racism from a section of the Rangers support throughout the match.

Even the hacks could not invent any false symmetry apropos the discriminatory chanting at the final, so they hardly mentioned it.

Of course Celtic and Sevco were likely to meet at some point.

However, it is the glee of the hacks that I find nauseating.

Thankfully today I am off down the Rocky Road for the entire week.

I am attending the Web Summit which has been called Davos for geeks.

Twenty thousand assorted digital types from all over the planet will be in Dublin for a week of deals, debate and the craic.

I’m wearing the NUJ jersey and I’m really looking forward to it.

Apparently I also have to do a thing called ‘networking’.

I should be ok at that as some of my kin in Mayo were fishermen a long time ago.

Subsequently, my sojourn in the capital will mean that this site will have little if any new output this week.

Which is probably for the best for at the moment my mind is darkened and my outlook made bleak by an appalling vista which fills the Glasgow hacks with such giddy glee.

They should be sick with shame.

Share this:
Email

JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: November 4, 2014, 07:40:02 am »
Wow , just wow , so the wee clown is advocating cheating even more to allow clubs in the top league , even the rangers "'punished ' remark is shocking , they were liquidated never paid their bills and the rules were bent to allow them in ,the rewriting of history up here is laughable ,why not go the whole hog and just allow the top teams into the euros finals and bin diddy teams like Scotland , what an utter fool strachan is , should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute ..
The whole weegia carry on up here sickens me to the back teeth , my club has record season ticket sales ,sitting top of the league and have a strong youth policy as do many other teams outwith the weegie bubble , Hamilton being one of the best football playing teams I have seen this year also , it's all about the money though eh , fucking clowns ruining the game again , won't be long till the shame game though they can shoot their load all over that as domestic violence rises and casualty is full tho eh .

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/530715/Gordon-Strachan-league-engineering-Rangers-Hibs-Hearts

Speaking on Sky’s ‘Goals on Sunday’ programme, the Scotland boss said getting all three promoted is for the good of the game.

This season only one team is certain of climbing up from the Championship.

One other team could gain promotion via the play-offs but one club is guaranteed to spend another term in the second tier.

Strachan reckons the hype at the impending Old Firm League Cup semi-final shows how much the game has missed the Glasgow derby.

And he reckons finding a way to “manipulate” the leagues to get all the big guns back in double-quick time would be a good move.

He said: “Somehow we have to get these three teams back. People say you can’t manipulate it, but I think you must to get them back in the Premiership.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2014, 07:49:04 am by dundeered »
JFT96

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #327 on: November 4, 2014, 10:01:20 am »
eff off.  Disgusting.  Seriously effed off with that.  This is coming from the coach of the National team.  Effing disgrace.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2014, 10:06:35 am by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #328 on: November 4, 2014, 10:42:12 am »
can see it now Motherwell get relegated only to be brought right back up with the league restructure  ;D

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: November 4, 2014, 10:47:14 am »
can see it now Motherwell get relegated only to be brought right back up with the league restructure  ;D
eff off.  Disgusting.  Seriously effed off with that.  This is coming from the coach of the National team.  Effing disgrace.

Azi so they should :) , ghirl agreed  , seriously so who do we sacrifice for the greater good ? , the weegie media are saying very little about this when it should be back page news , GS should have kept his pus shut on this one , he was always an annoying arrogant little c*nt but I gave him a wee bit of time now that he is manager of the national team I forgave him a bit , he can fuck off now though , what an utter clown
JFT96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: November 4, 2014, 11:24:56 am »
Never mind Strachan how the fuck is Doncaster still in a job ? still no league sponsor and hes been trying for how long ?

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: November 4, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »
I am finding the League more interesting this season. And it is not because Hearts remain the only unbeaten team in Scotland.

Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Inverness have all sat top. It is also looking like the relegation and playoff place could be interesting too.

Do I want Hearts automatically put back in the top tier? No. I would rather earn it. As for Rangers they are where they deserve to be, and should not be allowed promotion without sorting their financial basketcase status out.

And yes Doncaster should have gone. As should several other high ranking scottish officials.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #332 on: November 4, 2014, 04:16:09 pm »
I am finding the League more interesting this season. And it is not because Hearts remain the only unbeaten team in Scotland.

Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Inverness have all sat top. It is also looking like the relegation and playoff place could be interesting too.

Do I want Hearts automatically put back in the top tier? No. I would rather earn it. As for Rangers they are where they deserve to be, and should not be allowed promotion without sorting their financial basketcase status out.

And yes Doncaster should have gone. As should several other high ranking scottish officials.

Why should the new rangers mob get preferential treatment after all they have done? I`m not even talking about what a social anathema they are, I am talking about their gross incompetence.

What other country in the world would even consider promoting a team that emerged from the ruins of a club that went bankrupt and are now losing money at an alarming rate in their new guise?

It`s not social justice and It`s not how capitalism works either.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: November 4, 2014, 07:47:07 pm »
Why should the new rangers mob get preferential treatment after all they have done? I`m not even talking about what a social anathema they are, I am talking about their gross incompetence.

What other country in the world would even consider promoting a team that emerged from the ruins of a club that went bankrupt and are now losing money at an alarming rate in their new guise?

It`s not social justice and It`s not how capitalism works either.

It's the SFA / SPFL at the best all sycophants who think football starts and finishes in Glasgow , I detest them and now the clown strachan has took a rangers player away with the full Scotland team when many are ahead of the boy , pathetic servile nonsense .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: November 5, 2014, 01:53:46 am »
It's the SFA / SPFL at the best all sycophants who think football starts and finishes in Glasgow , I detest them and now the clown strachan has took a rangers player away with the full Scotland team when many are ahead of the boy , pathetic servile nonsense .

And now Gordon Strachan is still saying that Hearts/Hibs/Whatever you call them should be in the top flight.

They would be if the deserved to be there. And they don't. Never mind the incompetence of the SPFL/SFA. They just don't deserve to be there. (And I still think Rangers deserve to be EoSL/SoSL/Lowland League)

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #335 on: November 5, 2014, 03:38:03 am »
It really boils my blood hearing that we need "rangers".  Rangers were liquidated in 2012.  They were so liquidated because they were a financial disaster.  Their new incarnation are a financial disaster who have burned through money at a disgusting rate.  We do not need them to get preferential treatment. Other clubs in Scotland have worked hard to run themselves well and keep the team doing ok on the pitch as well.  Last season's Scottish Cup Final was contested by two such clubs. Yet they are ignored in favour of telling us how we all need a club that can't effin run  itself!

Helen, your lot look like earning it and I hope you keep it up...I don't care who it is, but Hibs or someone else better get their backsides in gear and beat sevco to the championship play off place. 
« Last Edit: November 5, 2014, 03:40:54 am by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline LionheartCFC

• But Tiger fucking hates them
  • Anny Roader
  • "I am not a neutral, I am Chelsea"
« Reply #336 on: November 5, 2014, 05:09:42 am »
It really boils my blood hearing that we need "rangers".  Rangers were liquidated in 2012.  They were so liquidated because they were a financial disaster.  Their new incarnation are a financial disaster who have burned through money at a disgusting rate.  We do not need them to get preferential treatment. Other clubs in Scotland have worked hard to run themselves well and keep the team doing ok on the pitch as well.  Last season's Scottish Cup Final was contested by two such clubs. Yet they are ignored in favour of telling us how we all need a club that can't effin run  itself!

Helen, your lot look like earning it and I hope you keep it up...I don't care who it is, but Hibs or someone else better get their backsides in gear and beat sevco to the championship play off place.

I watched that cup final last season. Was a fantastic game and the atmosphere sounded superb, with both teams bringing a good following to the game. St Johnstone have had a few of our ex players over the years too, what with Jody Morris and Micheal Duberry heading up to Scotland late in their careers - and doing well apparently. Im sure Rangers, hearts and Hibs would be beneficial financially to the top league up there though, with the attendences and away support they bring to the smaller clubs?
“I am not a fundamentalist in football. What I mean is that in football you have your ideas, you die with your ideas. No. People ask me: what is your model of play?
Model of play against who? When? With which players?
I cannot answer to that. Am I too stupid, or am I too smart?
I think some people in football are becoming a bit fundamentalist"

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: November 5, 2014, 06:56:17 am »
Im sure Rangers, hearts and Hibs would be beneficial financially to the top league up there though, with the attendences and away support they bring to the smaller clubs?

Missing the point football isn't and shouldn't be just about the money , sevco are a disgrace of a club and are still losing money proving they should never have bent the rules to allow them in , they boycott tannadice anyway due to a perceived injustice .All other clubs have tried and are trying to cut their cloths accordingly and are developing young players and actually now playing them in their first teams ,this is the way forward , the time of chasing money caused by the previous incarnation of sevco almost destroyed Scottish football , rangers dying saved it , we should never turn back to the way it was again even though the media and the money men are pushing hard for it , and only for the 2 big clubs .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: November 5, 2014, 10:48:52 am »
Would a team haemorrhaging money be an asset? no. "Rangers" are techically insolvent and the only thing keeping them going are Share Issues and Emergency Loans and the Manager still wants to sign Players and at inflated wages.

Hearts are a team who having had a horrendous 12 months were relegated on merit as were Hibs.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: November 5, 2014, 05:12:20 pm »
Would just like to say Strachan is a bell end , still not over how he has managed to include a sevco player in the scotland team , unbefuckingleivable  . Got offered an Ireland game ticket  with seat on a bus and knocked it back ,im still that angry .Buffoon doesn't come close .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: November 5, 2014, 05:26:02 pm »
Turnbull Hutton is retiring from raith , a genuine decent bloke who stuck up for Scottish football , even against death threats from rangers fans .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29917294

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18656012
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: November 5, 2014, 10:17:02 pm »
Turnbull Hutton is retiring from raith , a genuine decent bloke who stuck up for Scottish football , even against death threats from rangers fans .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29917294

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18656012

The  Daily Ranger  will  probably  print  his  address.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: November 6, 2014, 10:58:02 am »
The  Daily Ranger  will  probably  print  his  address.

Nae  doubt , I'm now sick of the nonsense about this Glasgow derby and looking forward to the new firm game of Dundee united v Aberdeen , as we all know there is no old firm anymore as that went when rangers died , maybe that means we can now call ourselves the old firm though that wouldn't sit well with me as I want no association with that bigotfest .

Got well on the box tomorrow night so will avoid the trip through and keep my pennies for the boozer for the Liverpool game on Saturday .
After me slagging well off they will no doubt do that new manager/ no manager thing that players seem to do and have a stormer and put us to the sword :) .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 7, 2014, 12:32:32 am »
Some interesting news coming out of Tynie today.

Firstly, Official Football team of HMS Edinburgh.

Secondly, plans for remembrance for our game v Raith on Saturday. They are potentially allowing Raith to use their Away Shirt (Please be a nice day) as it is their McRae's shirt as well.

Oh and the remembrance service from Haymarket will allegedly be broadcast on SSN.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: November 8, 2014, 10:42:18 am »
Well that was disappointing , played like Barcelona the first half no striker so don't get a goal , brilliant to watch but pointless , well did a great smash and grab job , still top but not for much longer , Och well :(
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2014, 03:58:08 pm »
Calum Paterson has been called up to the full Scotland squad from the u21 squad

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2014, 05:05:29 pm »
Fucking unbelievable , Strachan is just being a dick now after his previous comments about fiddling the leagues to get the 3 teams up , one more call off and I would expect a hibs player to be there . 
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2014, 06:37:11 pm »
Calum Paterson has been called up to the full Scotland squad from the u21 squad

I had honestly no idea who he or macleod were...ofc I struggle with the Killie team these days...

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2014, 08:00:52 am »
Strachan playing to the media perception/ lies that the championship will be better than the premier this year , what a complete and utter fud .
The boy Patterson from what my jambo season ticket holding brother says is no bad , but no where near a full Scotland call up .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2014, 05:20:45 pm »
'Armageddon' strikes again , Aberdeen cleared their debts the moral way , turnover up , wages to turnover down , fans through the gates up .
The boy Doncaster and his weegie cohorts should be ashamed of their talking down of the Scottish game , which has improved for all them outside of the two cheeks .

Released on AFC's website this morning:

"Aberdeen Football Club plc today announces its annual results for the year ended 30th June 2014.
After the year end the Club reached agreement with the key debt holders and the bank to restructure its debt and share capital. Some of the necessary steps have already been completed and, subject to shareholder approval, the remainder will be completed this year. It is expected that net debt will be reduced by £14.49m.

As part of this restructuring local businessman Willie Donald and his wife Elaine will become shareholders in the Club. Also as part of the restructuring the Aberdeen FC Community Trust will receive a sizeable shareholding.

With regard to the restructuring [Stewart Milne] stated "The negotiations have been ongoing for a number of months now and these arrangements will I believe be transformational for the Club. The Club are indebted to Willie and Elaine for the role they have played in this. If the final steps are approved at the AGM we will have a strong balance sheet and the debt servicing burden will be removed allowing us to drive forward on training facilities and the plans for the new stadium with much greater confidence in our ability to raise the additional investment needed".

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/5358.php

Not all on here will celebrate seeing a rival in a stronger financial position but personally I love the way Armageddon has been the gift that keeps on giving. The fact that clubs like United and Aberdeen have been able to strengthen at a time when the Ibrox club have been in the lower leagues gives the lie to all the rubbish about how Scottish Football faced disaster unless a deal was done to get a liquidated club magically reincarnated in the top flight. If we are ever told again that Scottish Football needs a strong Son of Sevco, we know better.
JFT96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »
for some of the bigger clubs its been great but for the smaller teams like motherwell it has affected us, we dont have that big a suppport max 4000 regardless how we play finish up our support remains the same problem is with rangers not playing us at fir park we miss out on the money their away support would bring. the rest of the spl dont have that big a away following and that affects our budget. Also doesn't help when you have muppets like Neil Doncaster still in a job and he still cant get the league a sponsor

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2014, 04:07:56 pm »
I have never understood why the league/SFA doesn't produce and then sell on it`s own TV&Media product, rather than put it out to tender. Hire professionals, make it good, control the image of what they have then sell to the highest (or best!) bidder. It seems to work for North American sports. There is great potential there, especially if you take in historical archive footage and international games.

Speaking of best bidder, is anyone else pissed off that they can`t watch Scotland games without paying SKY for the pleasure? Funnily enough I can watch any England game I want on "terrestrial" TV. The bold Sir Alex Salmond should fix this before he leaves office  ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:09:32 pm by KillieRed »

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: November 13, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »
Aye , the folk that run our football are a disgrace can't see past the TC , and are shit scared of upsetting them .
It's pathetic and is why our national team has dropped to such a level that we have to bring in English lads that wouldn't even get on the bench or in the squad for an a England B team .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »
More fun at mordor , just a complete mess

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30053692
Four men have been detained by police following an investigation into the sale of Rangers Football Club in 2011.

The men were held during early morning raids at addresses across the UK in an operation which involved officers from Surrey Police, Cheshire Police and Thames Valley Police.

Police Scotland have been investigating the sale of Rangers from Sir David Murray to Craig Whyte for over a year.

It is understood Mr Whyte is not one of the four men who are being held.

JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2014, 04:10:37 pm »
More fun at mordor , just a complete mess

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30053692
Four men have been detained by police following an investigation into the sale of Rangers Football Club in 2011.

The men were held during early morning raids at addresses across the UK in an operation which involved officers from Surrey Police, Cheshire Police and Thames Valley Police.

Police Scotland have been investigating the sale of Rangers from Sir David Murray to Craig Whyte for over a year.

It is understood Mr Whyte is not one of the four men who are being held.

But I have seen the   names of those who allegedly have been arrested ..

And it does not look good for Newco at all.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »
Massive fiddling behind the scenes , even the SFPL , SFA can't save them this time .
Deserved ,horrible club
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
Massive fiddling behind the scenes , even the SFPL , SFA can't save them this time .
Deserved ,horrible club

I have to confess I gave up following and therefore understanding this story ages ago, mostly due to lack of interest.

The most pertinent and frankly funny thing about it all has been those {sometimes} inside Ibrox and the stay away "loyal" fans looking outside and pointing the fingers at everyone else, meanwhile muttering of conspiracies, reprisals, boycotts and vendettas have been going on since the original club was put to sleep, but they should have been looking upstairs instead!

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2014, 08:35:29 pm »
If they had any humility as fans for what their club has done I would have had a wee bit of understanding , but fuck them , karma is a bitch eh
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »
I have to confess I gave up following and therefore understanding this story ages ago, mostly due to lack of interest.

This is the Police/Serious Fraud Office investigation into the 2011 takeover by Craig Whyte.
Unfortunately it has a knock on effect on the current club.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2014, 10:19:58 pm »
On the up,l this Armageddon carry on is fucking ace, AROB MOTM for me
JFT96