Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 374779 times)

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
Re: The Scottish Football Thread 2014/15
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2014, 11:34:11 am »
Really want to see us play with two up front.  Wakaso starting as well. Commons or McGregor to drop to the bench.

Also Dundee Derby today. 
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2014, 08:02:58 am »
Fantastic finish to what has been a disappointing week , beating the wee blue team up the street , and giving them a right doing to end their undefeated run to go top of the league .Pleasing to see most of them leave at 3-0 and just us having a wee sing song .Good banter in the pubs afterwards as expected too .
Celtics draw leaves them 2 points short of us and the man utd game all added to a great day .Roll on Wednesdays cup derby .
JFT96

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2014, 08:53:21 am »
Scott Brown got stadium MOTM and he only came on in the second half. Says it all.

Head scratching starting line up.  Diabolical first half.  No urgency, no leader and no clue.  Slightly better, but nowhere near good enough second half. 

Positioning absolutely dreadful. They seem lost as to where and how they are supposed to play. Disijointed...I could go on and on... s**te!!!

"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:34 am »
Is there a genuine chance that Celtic might not win the League this season? Who are the other realistic contenders?

Or will Celtic string a winning run together sooner or later (or change the manager?!)?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
Is there a genuine chance that Celtic might not win the League this season? Who are the other realistic contenders?

Or will Celtic string a winning run together sooner or later (or change the manager?!)?
I reckon if they ditch the manager and get in someone competent they will walk it.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2014, 11:47:44 am »

they will be fine, Dutd are probably the best team of the rest if they can all stay fit, ICT will fall away imo which is a shame really but even if celtic are 20 points behind the top in January, they can still catch em, 

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »
Superb , the wee blue team up the street put in their place , 4-1 on Sunday , and 1-0 in the cup tonight , 90th minute goal , sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :) .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2014, 11:00:12 am »
Top of the league hangover today
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »
I missed two 5 goal games :( because on holidays and now rangers are being hammered by hibs. (Oh well 6 points clear plus superior goal difference before October will help)

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2014, 09:48:30 pm »
Well played Hibs.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2014, 05:53:28 pm »
In south Britain for work so missed the score last night , about time hibs got the finger out ,would be hilarious if hearts and hibs finished above the rangers :)
JFT96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 1, 2014, 12:57:22 am »
Hibs problem is going to be that they cant get their players up for the smaller games, bigger games they can put a performance but the lesser gmaes they cant get motivated

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 1, 2014, 01:18:09 am »
Dont see Hibs managing to finish above Hearts or Rangers over the course of the season. Hopefully there is a decent opposition for Rangers in the play offs. Dont want to see them anywhere near the top tier ever again. I've got the feeling that if there is ever another Old Firm game, it will kick off big time. Scotland can be grateful that there wasnt one just before or after the referendum.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 1, 2014, 07:13:59 am »
My mate who is a Celtic fan telling me last night that griffiths could be loaned out to hibs , he's a cracking player with a great record at that level and could see him give them that bit extra
JFT96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 2, 2014, 10:48:23 am »
Faddy has signed for St johnstone, gutted too see faddy play for another scottish team but i really hope it works out for him up there

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 2, 2014, 05:11:26 pm »
Rangers are only getting part of the roseburn when they visit Tynie.

As for Thumb that talk has been going round since August

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 2, 2014, 09:12:47 pm »
Pathetic crowd at parkhead , looks like the whole top tier shut , fair play to the real fans that have turned up .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 3, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »
League leaders on BT sport next , should be a good game , always look forward to seeing GMS , lad is a real talent , unplayable at times more tricks than Dynamo
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 4, 2014, 01:02:03 am »
Sorry for your loss mate ;)

Relative from NI over to watch the Arabs tonight,  went home disgruntled. Killie the better team by all accounts.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 4, 2014, 08:48:45 am »
Ha ha cheers , Killie well deserved it , the pitch did play a little part but no more than that
JFT96

Offline Isbloated

• TYPED "CHOLO" BECAUSE HE CANNOT SPELL "DIEGO SIMEONE!"
  • Main Stander
« Reply #260 on: October 5, 2014, 05:09:07 pm »
Ronny Delia is awful.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 5, 2014, 05:39:34 pm »
Hamilton deserving of league topping , best football playing side I've seen this year , really hope Delia stays in the job as I did when moyes at the scum :)
JFT96

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #262 on: October 5, 2014, 08:33:06 pm »
Lads, I have a question, working for a university paper. I came across a Mirror article stating Celtic got £2.4 million for winning the league in 2013. Problem is, I know the figure is probably true, but including a Mirror article in my source list would not make a brilliant impression. Does anybody know a place where I can find the same figure that's slightly more reputable? Ta!
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 6, 2014, 12:37:22 am »
Lads, I have a question, working for a university paper. I came across a Mirror article stating Celtic got £2.4 million for winning the league in 2013. Problem is, I know the figure is probably true, but including a Mirror article in my source list would not make a brilliant impression. Does anybody know a place where I can find the same figure that's slightly more reputable? Ta!

not exactly what you are asking for but this is a percentage figure from the SPL (as was) without the overall figure http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/revenue-distribution-2009-06-01/

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #264 on: October 6, 2014, 08:25:21 am »
not exactly what you are asking for but this is a percentage figure from the SPL (as was) without the overall figure http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/revenue-distribution-2009-06-01/

Ta! Really need to figure this out to get a credible piece. This puts me another step in the right direction :)
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 6, 2014, 08:52:46 am »

Congratulations to Hamilton, a proper football team, and properly run club:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29398771

Imagine going to that place as lambs to the slaughter and winning for the first time in 3 quarters of a century, AND going top of the league.

It used to be the case that a trained monkey could manage the OF to silverware. I guess trained monkeys are in short supply if the likes of Delia and McCoist can get a job with them these days.

Att: 42,412 . Loving those empty seats.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 6, 2014, 08:55:38 am »

This outlines the plans that were put in place when discussing the reconstruction. It seems from 2013-2014, 1st place would get you £2.4M, which is just over £300k down from the previous season. Hope this helps.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/229106-how-much-money-does-your-club-stand-to-make-from-league-reconstruction/

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 8, 2014, 08:32:38 am »

Thought I`d post this piece on Ian Cathro before Dundeered got in there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29463560

His career sounds pretty similar to BRs so far.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 8, 2014, 07:57:42 pm »
Thought I`d post this piece on Ian Cathro before Dundeered got in there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29463560

His career sounds pretty similar to BRs so far.

Stuck it in the Spanish futba thread a few days ago  :) , braw lad very driven with his own ideas , Gauld being one of his products , more to come at united too .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2014, 12:28:01 pm »
Boy I know getting ready for today's game :) :)

JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2014, 04:22:41 pm »
North of Uk team to face Georgia :)

‪#‎SCOGEO‬ | Here is the Scotland team to face Georgia:

Marshall, Hutton, Robertson, R.Martin, Hanley, Maloney, Morrison, Brown (c), S.Fletcher, Naismith, Anya

Subs | Gordon (GK), C.Martin, Reynolds, Whittaker, Bannan, Burke, D.Fletcher, G.Dorrans, Gilks (GK), May

‪the boy robertson at LB is the one I was raving about last year he has stepped up to premiership level well ,now for international , part time 2 years ago too .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »
9 points clear and only team in SPFL unbeaten.
Dumbarton only team to take points from us.

Looking good at the moment. Still a long way to go between now and May 3rd

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:15 am »
North of Uk team to face Georgia :)

‪#‎SCOGEO‬ | Here is the Scotland team to face Georgia:

Marshall, Hutton, Robertson, R.Martin, Hanley, Maloney, Morrison, Brown (c), S.Fletcher, Naismith, Anya

Subs | Gordon (GK), C.Martin, Reynolds, Whittaker, Bannan, Burke, D.Fletcher, G.Dorrans, Gilks (GK), May

‪the boy robertson at LB is the one I was raving about last year he has stepped up to premiership level well ,now for international , part time 2 years ago too .

Played well, generally, without being clinical in front of goal. Neither Naismith nor Fletcher impressed much.

The fullbacks seemed to provide most of the threat. Oh, and the ref was very frustrating, seemed to give the Georgians most of the 50/50 calls. Was he Russian?

Poland beating Germany is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »
http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/10/10/season-ticket-away-day-discount/

Motherwell FC, in partnership with Dundee United FC, is delighted to offer Season Ticket holders an away day incentive.

The joint scheme between the two clubs will allow Motherwell Season Ticket holders to gain entry to Tannadice on Saturday 24th January 2015 for just £10 for adults and £5 concessions/juveniles.
Steelmen should present ‘Special Voucher A’ from the back of their ‘Well Season book at the turnstile at Tannadice to receive the discount – one voucher per fan.
In return, United Season Ticket holders will get a similar offer at Fir Park when their side visits for the BT Sport Live Friday night game on 7th November 2014.

Arabs should use ‘Voucher F’ from their books and present it on the night of the game to receive their discount – again, one voucher per fan.
The Club is constantly working with, and listening to, supporters with the aim of making Scottish Football as attractive and flexible as possible
Commenting, Motherwell General Manager Alan Burrows said: “The Club is constantly working with, and listening to, supporters with the aim of making Scottish Football as attractive and flexible as possible.

“Only last month we were the first SPFL Premiership club to introduce a ‘Flexi Ticket’, giving fans the opportunity to buy 5 or 10 game packages where they have the option of which matches they wish to attend.
“However, the true value will always be with the Season Ticket and I hope this pilot scheme between Motherwell and Dundee United can act as a catalyst for something bigger.
“All too often, visiting fans have been ignored and in my view, the deterioration of the travelling support is one of the key overriding factor in the general decrease in average attendances in top flight Scottish Football.
“The home crowds at Fir Park have, by and large, remained fairly steady over the last few decades, whereas it is the travelling contingent that has really suffered. As a league, we could perhaps examine this in greater detail, gauge its success with a view to perhaps extending it further, if the interest is there.”

Brilliant idea by both teams, hopefully more teams take this sorta deal up

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2014, 08:10:42 pm »
£16,000,000 just to get to the end of the season?
Oh well I just want to go and get us to score a fair few past Dumbarton tommorow and keep the pressure on them.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2014, 09:21:38 pm »
Bring on the Wee Team Hibees.

I am delighted. 9 points clear, superior goal difference and beaten every other team in the SPFL championship. Fingers crossed we can keep this run going till May

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2014, 06:20:53 am »
Superb from the jambos again , really hope you can keep it up , sadly I think they wil finish second and will beat the premier team convincingly over two legs , seemingly united were absolutely honking against thistle but sneaked a draw , caught bits of the commentary over here in turkey and looking forward to going up to ICT when I get back always a great away day .
JFT96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2014, 10:38:16 am »
getting pretty worried now, we look devoid of ideas and our squad looks out on its feet, hoping Mcall can turn it around but hes saying the same thing every week now

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2014, 10:48:39 am »
getting pretty worried now, we look devoid of ideas and our squad looks out on its feet, hoping Mcall can turn it around but hes saying the same thing every week now

Tell yourself what I did last year..."there`s always Ross County", "there`s always St.Mirren" etc...

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:44 am »

Agreed , your lads were brutal up here , like they were playing for a draw from the off , reminded me of Hamilton from a few seasons ago and they went down .
JFT96