Author Topic: Darts thread  (Read 965077 times)

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
Re: Darts thread
« Reply #400 on: December 23, 2008, 08:19:02 pm »
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #401 on: December 23, 2008, 08:20:19 pm »
Roland hasnt recovered at all from his injury, but because of the way the rankings work, hes defending money, so he needs the 5k to help with points, he will lose 3-0 though so lump on it!!

Yeah weve got a few suprises in store, new walk on music and lets just say the glasses are staying........

Cleary...

Where's the Vid mate?

And where's the vid of you..:P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #402 on: December 23, 2008, 08:21:02 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 23, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »
Cleary...

Where's the Vid mate?

And where's the vid of you..:P

dyu know wat i even spoke to him about 15 mins before the match, he said his shoulders fucked, the painkillers only last a few legs!
 he played very well
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: December 23, 2008, 09:37:42 pm »
This was in the players lounge after the game, right infront of Ady  ;D
 Bill Shankly

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 24, 2008, 02:20:01 pm »

Cleary was that you sitting next to  nicholson?? half a shaved head with a bit of growth on top??

;D

Bill Shankly

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 24, 2008, 02:34:31 pm »
 :-X
 Bill Shankly

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #407 on: December 24, 2008, 02:41:06 pm »
Fucking big time charlie ;D
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline ste669

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #408 on: December 24, 2008, 04:32:55 pm »
Quote from: Cleary on December 20, 2008, 03:00:49 PM
John Part drunk a litre bottle of JD before he went on stage last night! straight aswell!
john part is pissed nerly everytime he goes on stage ,lewis can also put them away seen him get a few bollockings for turning up pissed ,i could spill a few beans on them all but not my thing
been back stage loads and know most all of the pdc players and a few bdo ones like fitton and o'shea ,fordham etc they can drinkl most punters under the table .

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 24, 2008, 05:18:10 pm »
Quote from: Cleary on December 20, 2008, 03:00:49 PM
John Part drunk a litre bottle of JD before he went on stage last night! straight aswell!
john part is pissed nerly everytime he goes on stage ,lewis can also put them away seen him get a few bollockings for turning up pissed ,i could spill a few beans on them all but not my thing
been back stage loads and know most all of the pdc players and a few bdo ones like fitton and o'shea ,fordham etc they can drinkl most punters under the table .

Lewis has got a little better, he has a few vodka red bulls before playing now!
 I could spill a few beans too trust me, had a very long chat with Chris Mason on Monday night, could fill a page with some of the stuff he was telling me, not only about him either, Ricky Hattons name popped up a few times aswell.........
 Bill Shankly

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 24, 2008, 06:33:56 pm »
Whose looking favourite for this is it another taylor vs barney final or can we expect some shocks?

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 24, 2008, 06:45:50 pm »
Whose looking favourite for this is it another taylor vs barney final or can we expect some shocks?

It will be a Taylor Barney final, I can almost 100% garuntee that
 There will be a few shocks though, not being biased but I can see Paul getting to the quarters
 Bill Shankly

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2008, 07:05:08 pm »
Barney was really impressive the other night, it's just a shame that he seems to suffer sometimes under pressure from the crowd, not necessarily directed at him though.

I thought Klaasen was superb against Lloyd. Could maybe see him as a dark horse.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: December 24, 2008, 07:13:55 pm »
Cheers i just hope we get a great final close game , been to many one sided finals involving taylor  :) apart from 2 or 3, dominated every world final he has played.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: December 24, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »
Cheers i just hope we get a great final close game , been to many one sided finals involving taylor  :) apart from 2 or 3, dominated every world final he has played.

What finals have you been watching? haha
 Apart from the Part Manley and Preistley whitewash matches they all have all been close!
 Painter took him to a final leg decider, as did Barney in two of the greatese matches ever!
 I think we will see another thriller this year!
 I would absolutly love to see Paul get past Lewis, as he will then have either McGowen or Priestley who both are beatable, and then Wade who looked far from brilliant in his first round match, gone back to his original darts aswell.

Bill Shankly

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: December 24, 2008, 08:08:59 pm »
I think Wade will do Barney if they come up against each other.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 24, 2008, 08:12:48 pm »
I think Wade will do Barney if they come up against each other.

Not in a million years on current form
 Wade has been average all year compared to previous standerds set by himself, Barney lookedback to his best in the first round!
 Bill Shankly

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: December 24, 2008, 08:15:39 pm »

Not in a million years on current form
 Wade has been average all year compared to previous standerds set by himself, Barney lookedback to his best in the first round!

Agree that Wade was rubbish in the 1st round but I don't think you can read much into that. Taylor only averaged 96 and you can guarantee he will up that by 10 against a decent player. Barney has to get through Hamilton anyway which will be tough. I just fancy Wade to pick it up and get through to the final this year, he's badly underperformed in the Worlds so far.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: December 24, 2008, 08:22:49 pm »
Agree that Wade was rubbish in the 1st round but I don't think you can read much into that. Taylor only averaged 96 and you can guarantee he will up that by 10 against a decent player. Barney has to get through Hamilton anyway which will be tough. I just fancy Wade to pick it up and get through to the final this year, he's badly underperformed in the Worlds so far.

Im not just basing it on yesterdays peformance, im going on all the floor matches ive seen him play aswell all year! very far from his best
 We will see though
 Bill Shankly

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: December 24, 2008, 08:32:02 pm »
Im not just basing it on yesterdays peformance, im going on all the floor matches ive seen him play aswell all year! very far from his best
 We will see though

I'm on him each way, hope he can get on a good run.

Also backed your boy Nicholson at big odds to win his quarter before the tournament, he looked good in the Grand Slam but I wasn't expecting him to play that well against Ady Gray! Lewis won't be too pleased playing him in the next round.

Offline Kerant

• Hertha Berlin Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #420 on: December 24, 2008, 09:14:28 pm »
My dad has put a tenner on Thornton winning this year at 28/1, bit of a silly bet if you ask me.

Not been able to catch a lot of the worlds yet as I've been away from home. Have always liked Wade so I'll be backing him to go all the way this year.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: December 24, 2008, 10:20:19 pm »
My dad has put a tenner on Thornton winning this year at 28/1, bit of a silly bet if you ask me.

Not been able to catch a lot of the worlds yet as I've been away from home. Have always liked Wade so I'll be backing him to go all the way this year.

Big fan of Thornton (apart from him being sponsered by the sun) hes good but not good enough to win a major yet
 Bill Shankly

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #422 on: December 24, 2008, 11:32:25 pm »
Big fan of Thornton (apart from him being sponsered by the sun) hes good but not good enough to win a major yet

Doubling really lets him down at times, wouldn't fancy him if the going got tough in a close one
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: December 25, 2008, 07:53:21 am »
Doubling really lets him down at times, wouldn't fancy him if the going got tough in a close one

Normally hes shit hot at doubles, and when he gets going on the treble hes scary! he will beat Mardle
 Bill Shankly

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 25, 2008, 10:29:56 am »
Who's everyone on for the weekend matches? McDine?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #425 on: December 25, 2008, 11:13:56 am »
I'm going on New Years Day, can't wait.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #426 on: December 25, 2008, 12:28:20 pm »
They're staying in our hotel. It's a tough life.... ;D

Some of us were even offered the chance to share a cab with the brunette Nicola to Ally Pally but somewhat foolishly turned it down and decided to walk there instead.

Who's everyone on for the weekend matches? McDine?

I'd think you'd be fine with all the favourites bar Dudbridge on Saturday.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: December 25, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »
Some of us were even offered the chance to share a cab with the brunette Nicola to Ally Pally but somewhat foolishly turned it down and decided to walk there instead.

You going to be around on Monday???
 Bill Shankly

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #428 on: December 25, 2008, 03:16:15 pm »
Hooooommmmooooooo ;D

Don't even start spray tan boy.

You going to be around on Monday???

Nope. :( I'm on the BDO stuff after Crimbo.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 25, 2008, 10:57:45 pm »

Nope. :( I'm on the BDO stuff after Crimbo.

Do you get paid in wages or free raffle tickets for the meat raffle
 Bill Shankly

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: December 27, 2008, 07:04:22 pm »
good one tonight

taylor  v van gerwen on about 8.30

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: December 27, 2008, 08:50:08 pm »
Very nice 10 darter by Taylor then
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline grimreaper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: December 27, 2008, 08:57:03 pm »
taylor is Schooling van earwig atm  :P

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: December 27, 2008, 09:14:22 pm »
Taylor walking this...

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #434 on: December 27, 2008, 09:16:33 pm »
So much for Van Gerwin!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline grimreaper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2008, 09:17:07 pm »
no one is stoping taylor this year hes on fire

great win and great way to finish it of on a 121

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2008, 09:18:42 pm »
MVG done nothing wrong there, good average but just helpless against that.

Offline grimreaper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 27, 2008, 09:23:07 pm »
haha just had a quick few throws mwself and got a 174 happy days , me third highest score ever ;D

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: December 27, 2008, 09:24:48 pm »
Van Gerwens bird is amazing looking.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #439 on: December 27, 2008, 10:01:05 pm »
Put a tenner on Mardle when he was one set down at 3/1. Come on lad!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.