32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 638691 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #9040 on: August 10, 2020, 02:56:20 pm »
Williams & O'Sullivan have played 2 frames in the time it takes Selby to take one shot. ;D
#Sausages

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9041 on: August 10, 2020, 04:09:55 pm »
Williams playing some class stuff so good to watch as well

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9042 on: August 10, 2020, 04:16:16 pm »
Williams is on top form here. He has brought his A game.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9043 on: August 10, 2020, 04:25:07 pm »
Ronnie really seems out of sorts, what on earth was he doing with that shot?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9044 on: August 10, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »
Top drawer stuff from Williams this.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9045 on: August 10, 2020, 04:36:38 pm »
6-2 can't see Williams losing this one now this game is over

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9046 on: August 10, 2020, 04:38:47 pm »
ron seemed to play shite after the mid-session but that was some great potting from williams.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9047 on: August 10, 2020, 04:45:10 pm »
6-2 can't see Williams losing this one now this game is over

You don't think the best player ever to lift a cue is capable of overturning a 4 frame deficit with 17 frames teft to play?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9048 on: August 10, 2020, 04:49:37 pm »
Maflin acting like hes been partying for 2 days.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9049 on: August 10, 2020, 05:20:39 pm »
You don't think the best player ever to lift a cue is capable of overturning a 4 frame deficit with 17 frames teft to play?

It went under the radar a bit mate but Ebdon actually retired in April
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9050 on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:51 pm »
Considering McGill has probably had about 2 hours kip he'll be ecstatic with this scoreline.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9051 on: August 10, 2020, 08:13:29 pm »
Selby playing pretty well here. Robertson is struggling.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9052 on: August 10, 2020, 08:16:58 pm »

The best player ever to lift a cue is up in the studio mate.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9053 on: August 10, 2020, 08:18:29 pm »
Trudd and Wilson seem to be trying their hardest not to win this frame

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9054 on: August 10, 2020, 08:59:15 pm »
God please don't let Selby get to another final I would rather watch Ebdon play.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9055 on: August 10, 2020, 09:02:57 pm »
I love Ronnie, he's my favourite player of all time - the lad is a wizard on the table and will go down as a great.

But the more I hear him talk, the more I think that he just comes across as a full on wanker.

I don't know any other sportsman at the top of their game who religiously degrades the sport they play and openly criticises their competitors ability.

He just sounds so arrogant and ungrateful. It's absolutely cringeworthy to listen to.

If he doesn't want to be there, quit. Stop turning up, saying he's just there to 'try and have a bit of fun'  and to 'try and enjoy it'.

Whinging about having to avoid people when fans are at the crucible.... :butt

He is one of the nicest people you could ever meet a really genuine fella. His interviews are just firmly tongue in cheek. He is box office and is a bit like a boxer trash talking. It makes headlines and promotes the sport.

That one interview and McGill-Clarke has probably produced more media coverage than the rest of the tournament put together.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9056 on: August 10, 2020, 09:20:33 pm »
Actual use of the swan neck!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9057 on: August 10, 2020, 11:10:13 pm »
Selby bashing up Robinson.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9058 on: August 10, 2020, 11:37:58 pm »
Selby bashing up Robinson.

In the longer format Selby is a formidable match player.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #9059 on: August 10, 2020, 11:50:29 pm »
Big fan of Selby, one for the purists.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9060 on: August 11, 2020, 12:37:05 am »
Big fan of Selby, one for the purists.

John Parrot is a family friend. I remember a conversation just after Parrot broke through in which my Dad suggested that Terry Griffiths and Denis Taylor would soon drop out of the top 16 because the next generation were more talented. John just had this horrified look on his face and put the record straight. What they lacked in talent they more than made up for in sheer match play nous.

Selby is like that. Players want to get in amongst the balls and build a rhythm. Draw the frame out and that rhythm disappears. Players like Selby produce match winning breaks from nothing, when they are cold and have no rhythm. That kind of mental strength grinds players down.

You play Selby and he makes every frame a battle. Players like Selby are the Atletico of snooker.

Given how slow the tables are playing because the tournament is being played 4 months later I wouldn't be surprised if a grinder wins this year.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9061 on: August 11, 2020, 11:00:05 am »
Agree with some of the above although I don’t think Selby’s break building is anywhere near as slow as Griffiths or Ebdon used to be. Sometimes he takes a long time deciding a shot and can play too negatively especially when out of form. He’s now in form in this tournament and has smashed Robertson with heavy scoring and good safety

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9062 on: August 11, 2020, 11:04:59 am »
Selby bores me to tears. A great player no doubt but i would not like snooker if everybody played like him.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9063 on: August 11, 2020, 12:05:29 pm »
Got to admire Selby for his matchplay and toughness.  Even when he's losing heavily, you can never count him out.  He can also score heavily when he wants to.

I admire the all round game of snooker (all playing styles).  It's not just about potting balls as quickly as possible.  The main reason why Trump has elevated himself to the next level over the past year or so, is cause he has worked on his safety game a lot.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:05:23 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9064 on: August 11, 2020, 12:08:05 pm »
Selby bores me to tears. A great player no doubt but i would not like snooker if everybody played like him.
People like him are the reason why Snooker is a dying sport in the UK what sane kids would watch people like Selby grinding it out for 20 hours zzzzzzzzzz.  Thank god for Ronnie or the BBC would have cancelled Snooker I feel.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9065 on: August 11, 2020, 12:09:43 pm »
Poor miss on the Black from Robertson though, even though i thought he was a bit low on the black he should have potted it
#Sausages

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #9066 on: August 11, 2020, 12:40:01 pm »

The only player to study his break off shot, walk around the table a few times etc!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9067 on: August 11, 2020, 12:40:05 pm »
People like him are the reason why Snooker is a dying sport in the UK what sane kids would watch people like Selby grinding it out for 20 hours zzzzzzzzzz.  Thank god for Ronnie or the BBC would have cancelled Snooker I feel.

Isn't that more to do with kids these days wanting instant gratification. As for Ronnie he actually brought in Ray Reardon to help him tighten up his game and improve tactically.

Personally I enjoy watching a mixture of styles especially over the longer matches at the crucible.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9068 on: August 11, 2020, 01:23:30 pm »
Isn't that more to do with kids these days wanting instant gratification. As for Ronnie he actually brought in Ray Reardon to help him tighten up his game and improve tactically.

Personally I enjoy watching a mixture of styles especially over the longer matches at the crucible.

Agreed, i do like the different styles of play, some in frame tactical battles can be epic, if you're playing the likes of Ronnie, you're not going to play his type of game, otherwise you're going to get hammered, so you're going carve him up & leave him in the long grass, which get's him frustrated & he starts missing shots, leave players like Ronnie on & you're 5-0 frames down next to no time & wondering what the fuck has happened
#Sausages

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9069 on: August 11, 2020, 03:01:35 pm »
So poor from Ronnie to lose that frame. He doesn't look on it at all.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9070 on: August 11, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »
So poor from Ronnie to lose that frame. He doesn't look on it at all.

That break then was awful. You don’t see breaks like that from club players.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9071 on: August 11, 2020, 03:12:19 pm »
And then he goes and knocks in a century ;D

Very weird couple of frames.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9072 on: August 11, 2020, 03:12:59 pm »
Shite him
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9073 on: August 11, 2020, 03:30:41 pm »
Shite him

Will never achieve anything in the game haha

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9074 on: August 11, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »
Hope Ronnie wins anyway but be a cracking final session if Ronnie goes in 9-7 at worst

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9075 on: August 11, 2020, 04:37:00 pm »
trudd gone. so-called crucible curse strikes again

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9076 on: August 11, 2020, 04:38:02 pm »
Sublime this from Ronnie

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9077 on: August 11, 2020, 04:38:49 pm »
Ronnie has really stepped up.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9078 on: August 11, 2020, 04:39:19 pm »
Was thinking he was done for and then it's 8-7 ;D

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9079 on: August 11, 2020, 04:43:56 pm »
trudd gone. so-called crucible curse strikes again

One of Wilson, McGill and Maflin will be in the final now. Huge opportunity for one of those lads.