Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 420356 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #5680 on: January 14, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »
The Dirk defenders have resorted to new lows
Quite.

But then you remember that their standards of what is acceptable in a top flight footballer are so embarrassingly low anyway, so it makes sense that same desperate mediocrity spills over into other areas.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5681 on: January 14, 2011, 05:59:20 pm »
I got this one from a Xmas cracker actually.

There was a blond Dutchman called Dirk
Who was known for his bloody hard work
But for all of  his sweat
We shouldn't forget
He's a Lada and we need a Merc.

Talent gone to waste Yorky :)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5682 on: January 14, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »
No, I'd never agree with such irrational, unfounded and extreme dislike for a Liverpool player.

I quite like him. I just don't rate him as a footballer. It's not an "irrational" thing. I've supplied plenty of reasons and continue - I hope -  to examine his game. Are those reasons "unfounded". I don't know. If they are without basis then you're welcome to argue against them with your own reasons.

Too often though it seems you prefer to just slate the poster's character (you love to call them 'bitter') or question his motivations ('biased!').
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5683 on: January 14, 2011, 06:01:16 pm »

Talent gone to waste Yorky :)

How do you know I don't write limericks professionally?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5684 on: January 14, 2011, 06:02:35 pm »
This whole thread needs euthanising.

I think that's the kindest option really, this has been going downhill for weeks or months, same old names, same old arguments, same waste of bandwidth.

Plenty else to talk about, let's put thjis out of it's misery until something new and relevant crops up and start a new topic.

87:13

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5685 on: January 14, 2011, 06:03:43 pm »
No, I'd never agree with such irrational, unfounded and extreme dislike for a Liverpool player.
*sigh*

C'mon Neil. You hate it but it isn't irrational or unfounded. Extreme is debatable, but the cause of that is down to the sight of him 90 minutes every fucking week. Well until now. Kenny's no fool.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5686 on: January 14, 2011, 06:06:21 pm »
I think that's the kindest option really, this has been going downhill for weeks or months, same old names, same old arguments, same waste of bandwidth.

Plenty else to talk about, let's put thjis out of it's misery until something new and relevant crops up and start a new topic.

Well that's me Yorky and Neil down to the Jobcentre then....

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5687 on: January 14, 2011, 06:06:38 pm »

Don't visit it? Compared to most threads it seems reasoably well written, if entrenched. Might as well close down the site.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5688 on: January 14, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »
Don't visit it? Compared to most threads it seems reasoably well written, if entrenched. Might as well close down the site.

Not the point though. It serves no purpose whatsoever. It's well past it's sell-by date. Everybody knows everybody's position now. Nothing new in the last month at least.

And especially after the spat of the eight years olds earlier....

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:10:24 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5689 on: January 14, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
Look, there's no need for this topic to keep a permanent slot on page 1, meaning another, probably more current and relevant topic gets knocked onto page 2.

There's no place for a thread to rumble on and on and round and round, over and over old ground from well established, entrenched positions, from about half a dozen posters, posting little more than "he is", "he isn't", "he is", "he isn't", "he is", "he isn't", "he is", "he isn't", "he is", "he isn't", arguments. Everybody knows what everybody else thinks and no-one's going to change their views, so...

If a new and relevant story comes up involving Dirk, then someone can start a new topic but this one's had it.