Author Topic: Our own 'Green Brigade' first meeting...  (Read 13278 times)

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our own 'Green Brigade' first meeting...
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 12:34:27 pm »
Would be quite fun to chant kopites are gobshites if we were in the Anny Road aswell haha ;D
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 01:16:47 pm »
 :duh

Sorry to be a negative Nora but its hard to take this seriously when you're suggesting to meet at Anfield just before an away game!

Seriously, I think you should delete that post as it's going to put a lot of people off coming to your meeting at all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 01:19:43 pm »

Sorry to be a negative Nora but its hard to take this seriously when you're suggesting to meet at Anfield just before an away game!

Seriously, I think you should delete that post as it's going to put a lot of people off coming to your meeting at all.

I'm sure he took it back immediately and a fair few of the lads who wanted to attend the meeting are going to Blackburn (myself included) so it isn't happening then.

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 01:19:50 pm »

It's already been rectified mate, I didn't mean to say that night, was doing this at 2am and was quite tired haha  :wave
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 01:22:46 pm »
in that case I'm in.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 01:43:52 pm »
Before I say anything, I think wires have been crossed. Text doesn't really do the best at conveying what someone is thinking. When I said 'embarassing' I mean't it that for a moment (among my Spuds mates) I personally felt a bit embarrassed. I did not mean that the match goers were generally embarassing with their support. It's a fine line maybe, but an important one I feel, as I mean't no offence to anyone at all.

The reason I was so interested in this group, being an OOT and unable to be a regular, is that when I do get to games, the only tickets available are generally in the Main Stand or Annie Road, as a lot of other OOTs seem to find. So when in these sections I know how much more likely it is that any songs I try and start will fall on their arse. However, if there was some kind of visual cue like I said in the initial thread, I think it would be helpful.
As for the being excluded (and please bear with me as this is difficult to put into words) I understand how this needs to be for regular match goers, but words like Obviously people who come a few times a season can join in that would be the aim. But you wouldn't really be a part of the group if you came up twice a season or something.
don't make me feel very included, if you get what I mean.
Yeah, regulars can do more than I can, no question, but I wanted to feel more a part of it than just someone who joins in.

I'm not really finding the words to articulate a feeling here, so please try and understand that anything I've written is mean't to be constructive.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »
Before I say anything, I think wires have been crossed. Text doesn't really do the best at conveying what someone is thinking. When I said 'embarassing' I mean't it that for a moment (among my Spuds mates) I personally felt a bit embarrassed. I did not mean that the match goers were generally embarassing with their support. It's a fine line maybe, but an important one I feel, as I mean't no offence to anyone at all.

The reason I was so interested in this group, being an OOT and unable to be a regular, is that when I do get to games, the only tickets available are generally in the Main Stand or Annie Road, as a lot of other OOTs seem to find. So when in these sections I know how much more likely it is that any songs I try and start will fall on their arse. However, if there was some kind of visual cue like I said in the initial thread, I think it would be helpful.
As for the being excluded (and please bear with me as this is difficult to put into words) I understand how this needs to be for regular match goers, but words like Obviously people who come a few times a season can join in that would be the aim. But you wouldn't really be a part of the group if you came up twice a season or something.
don't make me feel very included, if you get what I mean.
Yeah, regulars can do more than I can, no question, but I wanted to feel more a part of it than just someone who joins in.

I'm not really finding the words to articulate a feeling here, so please try and understand that anything I've written is mean't to be constructive.

I do get what you mean. That is why I think a system could be put in place to help OOTs get tickets. As I have said previously if you actually go to the ground there are usually more tickets available in more areas of the ground that what shows up online. Something to think about.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »
Will be there providing its before a game.
AMF

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 10:28:58 pm »
My quick thoughts.........yes try to get about 100 people who block book the same section every week. Ask the club if they would allocate this area as was suggested.

If 100 people start to sing then it will spread like a fire........you need enough people that can be clearly heard. Best time to start singing is when it has gone quiet......or when the opposing fans start to sing.

Another idea.............get something visible like yellow or white scarves that stand out. Then when the group starts to sing, hold these up so the rest of the crowd can see - it will be a visible signal to join in........maybe corny but it might work. I'd also like to see a drummer or somebody who plays the trumpet.........an audible cue to start singing.

Good luck.
#JFT97

Offline Jadam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »
My quick thoughts.........yes try to get about 100 people who block book the same section every week. Ask the club if they would allocate this area as was suggested.

If 100 people start to sing then it will spread like a fire........you need enough people that can be clearly heard. Best time to start singing is when it has gone quiet......or when the opposing fans start to sing.

Another idea.............get something visible like yellow or white scarves that stand out. Then when the group starts to sing, hold these up so the rest of the crowd can see - it will be a visible signal to join in........maybe corny but it might work. I'd also like to see a drummer or somebody who plays the trumpet.........an audible cue to start singing.

Good luck.

Are you joking??
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." -
               Rafa Benitez

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:52 pm »
This is the kind of talk we don't need.
I have been to a few games this season, limited due to trivial things like buying a house, saving to get married and living in London.
The first was Norwich at home. I was sat in the main stand, right up the top, in the corner above the away fans and when we managed to get a chant or two going, to rally against the 'is this a library' chant, the Norwich fans applauded. Good lads.

I don't appreciate a post that is insulting. Putting a disclaimer in as your final sentence does not make a difference. Ask, before you insult.

Please don't take offence mate but if you want to be part of some kind of Red Ultras then you'd be putting following your team ahead of buying a house or getting married. If that's your choice then fair enough but there are lads who go to every game, home and away, Europe and the lot. I'm not one of them and the idea that someone in my position is going to show the Kop how it's done is laughable. I'll join in when the songs get going but the answer has to come from lads who are there week in week out.

It's a piece of piss singing your heart out when you're on an occasional trip up to Anfield.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2012, 12:09:16 am »

Good luck.

I'm also hoping this is some sort of windup?

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 12:14:33 am »
I'm also hoping this is some sort of windup?

As long as Glen Johnson plays the trumpet wearing his 'Our Suarez is a friend of all colours' t-shirt then I'm in.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:29 am »
Wind-up surely?  ???

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:01 am »
Wind-up surely?  ???

No just an idea........what's yours? I thought this was a debate........next time I'll wear a clown suit just for your entertainment.
#JFT97

Offline xstoofer

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 09:22:32 am »
The Green Brigade are a ultra nationalist and pro IRA section of the Celtic support and are often an embarrassment to the majority of fans who attend Celtic park.

Anyone remember the carry on with the poppy day 2010, that was them, not a group to emulate for any decent Liverpool supporter, we don't follow we lead.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:53 pm »
The Green Brigade are a ultra nationalist and pro IRA section of the Celtic support and are often an embarrassment to the majority of fans who attend Celtic park.

Anyone remember the carry on with the poppy day 2010, that was them, not a group to emulate for any decent Liverpool supporter, we don't follow we lead.

Nothing to do with politics, everything to do with atmosphere.
Read the thread not the title.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »

I know what you mean but remember we aren't Celtic, we're LFC, we don't have an agenda or sectarian hate for anyone. 
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men