Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 307538 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #5280 on: July 23, 2020, 05:13:11 pm »
Halo looks like Halo but by god that doesn't look next gen considering the likes of RDR2, TLOU2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding etc

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5281 on: July 23, 2020, 05:56:58 pm »
None of the exclusives impressed me at all. The games classed as console launch exclusive obviously means they are coming to the PS5 at a later date. Fable could be good but that looks a few years away.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5282 on: July 23, 2020, 06:10:25 pm »
Not so much an advert for a new console, as much as an advert for Game Pass.

Absolutely terrible.
AHA!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5283 on: July 23, 2020, 06:15:17 pm »
Incredibly poor showcase. Not one game made me want to go out and get the series X.

Only thing that interested me was Fable, with only a very short teaser, that’ll be a good year or two out, at which point, we may see a price drop so will pick one up then.

Xbox just sold a lot of PS5s.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5284 on: July 23, 2020, 07:17:23 pm »
Not so much an advert for a new console, as much as an advert for Game Pass.

Absolutely terrible.

They seem to be happy being the Netflix version of gaming but the problem with Netflix is that it only has a handful of really good stuff to watch and the rest is shite. It will be the same for Game Pass.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:20:40 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5285 on: July 23, 2020, 07:19:20 pm »
I did read they’re on about scraping the need for Gold to play online, which may garner some more sales. I’ll end up getting both, probably PS5 first this time though.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5286 on: July 23, 2020, 08:18:43 pm »
Wow, I’m actually shocked at how bad that “showcase” was. Maybe I’m getting old, but there was so many childish cartoony games in there - I have no interest in any of them. Lots of them had worse graphics than early current gen too - really odd.

I’ve traditionally been an Xbox guy (although I’ve had a PS4 pro for a while too), but there is no incentive for me to get an XSX. Microsoft’s focus seems to be on gamepass, xcloud and making games for PC too - I have no real interest in any of this. I just want good AAA games for a games console. Plus their strategy of continuing to produce cross-gen games makes me think what’s the point of spending £500 on a new console, just for slightly better graphics.

If I buy any new console in the next couple of years, I think it’ll be the PS5.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: July 23, 2020, 11:26:36 pm »
It’s come out that Halo is going to be a ‘Game as a service’ type of thing.

All new story will be told via updates to Infinite, Raytracing will be added as a later patch, there won’t be another standalone Halo game for a while.

MS have basically just killed their biggest franchise.

They’re setting themselves up to move away from the console market in the next 10 years or so IMO.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #5288 on: July 23, 2020, 11:49:00 pm »
I am hyped as fuck for a few of those games.

I'll play them on Game Pass.  On my PC.

This will be the last Xbox console.  And they're ok with that.  Fair play to be honest.  Dying for Fable.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5289 on: July 24, 2020, 12:03:16 am »
Why is everyone angry that the Xbox show sucked isn't this place full of Playstation fanboys anyway  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: July 24, 2020, 08:33:10 am »
They’re setting themselves up to move away from the console market in the next 10 years or so IMO.
Yeah and in all honesty, Gamepass really is the best value on the market. I don't see myself getting an Xbox in the foreseeable future, but could subscribe to Gamepass on PC once I get that upgraded
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5291 on: July 24, 2020, 09:31:22 am »
Halo was apparently a 6 month old build.

Everything that had ‘Console Launch Exclusive’ before it is likely to appear on the PS5 over the next year aswell. So The Medium will see it’s way to PS at some point.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5292 on: July 24, 2020, 09:38:51 am »
I can't believe how bad Halo looked. That image of the brute doing the rounds is awful.

Found the fella.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:04:32 am by AndyMuller »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5293 on: July 24, 2020, 10:21:56 am »
I can't believe how bad Halo looked. That image of the brute doing the rounds is awful.

Found the fella.

:lmao

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5294 on: July 24, 2020, 01:53:03 pm »
Wow, I’m actually shocked at how bad that “showcase” was. Maybe I’m getting old, but there was so many childish cartoony games in there - I have no interest in any of them. Lots of them had worse graphics than early current gen too - really odd.

I’ve traditionally been an Xbox guy (although I’ve had a PS4 pro for a while too), but there is no incentive for me to get an XSX. Microsoft’s focus seems to be on gamepass, xcloud and making games for PC too - I have no real interest in any of this. I just want good AAA games for a games console. Plus their strategy of continuing to produce cross-gen games makes me think what’s the point of spending £500 on a new console, just for slightly better graphics.

If I buy any new console in the next couple of years, I think it’ll be the PS5.

As a definite Xbox fanboy I was also shocked how boring I found the showcase. Nothing there (apart from Halo) made me want to get the new XSX.

Really disappointed.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5295 on: July 25, 2020, 12:28:54 am »
Just watched the highlights from it. I wasn’t so impressed with the ps one but this was terrible. Shocked at how bad halo looked.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5296 on: July 25, 2020, 09:37:05 am »
MS consoles have never impressed me but Forza is a top racer, best played on PC! Of all the MS exclusives its Flight Simulator 2020 that has me gagging at the bit, that will be huge on Xbox I have no doubts.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5297 on: July 25, 2020, 12:55:15 pm »
Smart delivery and game pass might be enough of a selling point for me to get an xbox early on this gen.

Already know I'll get a ps5 at some point for their exclusives, but I'm kind of burnt out on the third person open world game currently.

Wish they'd release the pricing already.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5298 on: July 27, 2020, 12:24:49 pm »
MS consoles have never impressed me but Forza is a top racer, best played on PC! Of all the MS exclusives its Flight Simulator 2020 that has me gagging at the bit, that will be huge on Xbox I have no doubts.

Flight Simulator I used to play religiously on a PC when I was younger. Interested to see how it will work on an Xbox.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: July 27, 2020, 10:21:35 pm »
Interview with one of the xbox guys earlier, basically saying that they don’t think games should have sequels anymore, they should just be updated via gamepass.

Sounds like they want to make the majority of their games as Games as a Service similar to Destiny.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5300 on: July 27, 2020, 10:33:14 pm »
Interview with one of the xbox guys earlier, basically saying that they don’t think games should have sequels anymore, they should just be updated via gamepass.

Sounds like they want to make the majority of their games as Games as a Service similar to Destiny.
Yeah, that's the plan whether or not people want to admit it or not. The Xbox One online only policy might have seemed a bit too brash from MS at the time, but all they did was jump the gun on it. In reality, everyone is being blindly shepherded towards a digital and online only future. Instead of hitting with us with it all at once, like MS tried with the One launch, the industry is doing it by stealth. You only need to look at the trends of what's been hugely popular in the past few years. The major publisher are all trying to push their major ip's to a GAAS bollocks. The problem with that is is that a game as a service demands that a player put all their play time into one game. So, eventually the bubble will burst and they'll realise that it's a goldrush not worth pursuing as each of their attempts falls flat on its face because someone else got their first. It's not sustainable. We will eventually move into that all digital utopia the gaming industry is hellbent on taking us to, though. Yes, that also includes Sony and Nintendo. 

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5301 on: July 27, 2020, 10:53:17 pm »
I honestly don’t see why anyone would buy the new Xbox. You’d be better off getting game pass on a pc.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5302 on: July 27, 2020, 11:44:08 pm »
I honestly don’t see why anyone would buy the new Xbox. You’d be better off getting game pass on a pc.

I think the PC selection is way smaller than the console one? I did a trial last month and there wasn't much (for me anyway).
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5303 on: July 28, 2020, 12:37:06 am »
I think the PC selection is way smaller than the console one? I did a trial last month and there wasn't much (for me anyway).

Gamepass is just a load of fluff games with the odd decent one though. It’s not the be all and end all that people make it out to be.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5304 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:03 am »
Gamepass is just a load of fluff games with the odd decent one though. It’s not the be all and end all that people make it out to be.

Yeah I wanted Forza 7 but I got whatever the other Forza series is instead. I guess it's like Netflix, hours of filler with the odd gem.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5305 on: July 28, 2020, 09:08:54 am »
Because not everyone has got a PC?  And to build a decent PC (of a similar spec to an XSX) would cost about double the price, even if it does have additional benefits like customisation etc.?

Having said that, I don't think I'll be getting an XSX or a PS5 for at least a couple of years, until some decent games come out.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5306 on: July 28, 2020, 09:29:28 am »
Because not everyone has got a PC?  And to build a decent PC (of a similar spec to an XSX) would cost about double the price, even if it does have additional benefits like customisation etc.?

Having said that, I don't think I'll be getting an XSX or a PS5 for at least a couple of years, until some decent games come out.

Buy a PS5 then ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5307 on: July 28, 2020, 11:47:19 am »
Grounded is coming out next week, one of the more interesting games shown IMO despite being an AA game.

Buy a PS5 then ;D
You have to buy all the PS5 games worth having, with Gamepass you can just buy the sub and have a fairly large selection of decent games. I personally don’t buy games on launch due to how expensive it is IMO and can see the appeal, although like many I enjoy PS games and don’t want to miss out on them next gen

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:51:38 am by Malaysian Kopite »

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5308 on: July 28, 2020, 11:53:57 am »
Out today, isn’t it?
AHA!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5309 on: July 28, 2020, 11:57:20 am »
Out today, isn’t it?
Oh yeah, looks like it’s today, no reviews threw me off

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5310 on: July 28, 2020, 12:01:11 pm »
Don’t think there’ll be any, as it’s technically releasing in Game Preview/Early Access.

Been looking forward to this one for a while, albeit not much of a fan of the building aspect in games.
AHA!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5311 on: July 28, 2020, 01:53:03 pm »
Grounded just looks like a re-skin of every other survival game out there to me.

Looks incredibly boring.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5312 on: July 28, 2020, 06:07:36 pm »
I've noticed that Halo Infinite is being torn to shreds with memes of that brute already. It might be a bit childish, but it always makes me laugh how the gaming community reacts so quickly with things like that. Some of them are genuinely funny.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5313 on: July 29, 2020, 12:23:05 am »
I've noticed that Halo Infinite is being torn to shreds with memes of that brute already. It might be a bit childish, but it always makes me laugh how the gaming community reacts so quickly with things like that. Some of them are genuinely funny.

He’s even been named as Craig. Took a whole hour for it to go viral.

#CraigTheBrute

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5314 on: July 29, 2020, 05:38:24 am »
Not arsed, I don't play Halo, don't play any exclusives on either system except Uncharted and Forza, still looking forward to getting a Series X

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5315 on: July 29, 2020, 01:08:49 pm »
Grounded is now the #1 best selling game in the World on Steam and the #2 most-watched game on Twitch on its launch day.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5316 on: August 11, 2020, 08:47:12 pm »
Halo pushed back to next year and the new Xbox has been confirmed to release in November.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5317 on: August 11, 2020, 10:21:39 pm »
Halo pushed back to next year and the new Xbox has been confirmed to release in November.
With no launch games  :-\

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5318 on: August 12, 2020, 01:07:17 am »
With no launch games  :-\

Nope, they’re marketing has shifted to ‘enjoy four generations of games on XSX’

They’re pushing gamepass hard.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #5319 on: August 12, 2020, 01:36:57 am »
Question for Xbox fans - particularly those leaning towards the XBX over the PS5.

What's the case for the XBX over the PS5? Is it the slightly better specs? Loyalty to particular games / the console generally? Just like to play games that you can play on PC, with a controller on your TV?

As I've said in another thread I'm considering whether I want to get a PS5. I already have a decent PC that will be able to run new AAA games on high, if not ultra settings for the next year or two, and then on progressively less specy settings for the following 3-4 years. I also have a Switch.

The reason I'm leaning towards PS5 for a console is I feel like almost all games I'd want to play on the XBX are available on PC, whereas I have a fair amount of FOMO over some PS games that I've wanted to play for ages, like the Last of Us games and Ghost of Tsushima.

But I want to make sure that I've considered all of the angles. At the moment the only things that the Xbox has going for it for me are:

1. The PS5 looks possibly a bit too big. Don't mind the design but minimalism would be a plus.
2. XBX has better hardware specs so theoretically should perform a bit better for a bit longer.

That's it.