Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 309724 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: IPTV
« Reply #840 on: January 16, 2019, 12:18:51 pm »
Hellrazor:

I have the GSE app installed on my Apple TV and all the channels still work. I haven't done anything at all. It was down for a while but came back a week or so later. If it's the same one we talked about over pm?

Pheeny:

I'm always on the lookout for backups if the ones I have fail, so please send a PM.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #841 on: January 16, 2019, 12:56:45 pm »
Hellrazor:

I have the GSE app installed on my Apple TV and all the channels still work. I haven't done anything at all. It was down for a while but came back a week or so later. If it's the same one we talked about over pm?

i havent anything on tv, just the app from the company we talked about who are now gone and taken over and not answering tickets but are automatically renewing subs (i actually cancelled my bank card today as their site is showing up as unsecure)

i tried in vain to restore it on tv but nothing worked then for good measure i hit a wrong button and it all went and i cant reinstall it

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: January 16, 2019, 01:40:47 pm »
i havent anything on tv, just the app from the company we talked about who are now gone and taken over and not answering tickets but are automatically renewing subs (i actually cancelled my bank card today as their site is showing up as unsecure)

i tried in vain to restore it on tv but nothing worked then for good measure i hit a wrong button and it all went and i cant reinstall it

Yeah I will do the same.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #843 on: January 17, 2019, 08:28:48 pm »
Hi all. I'm looking for a little guidance.

I've currently got a Firestick, which was loaded with Kodi by a mate of a mate, who put on 3 movie/tv channels (Covenant, Genesis, Neptune) and a sports channel thing with about 20 different sub-channels.

None of them work anymore.

I've heard they've now gone, but I don't know and am not sure if I just need to update or something. Does anyone know?

Secondly, if I want to just switch to IPTV, how do I go about doing that? Are there any tutorials knocking about? Bear in mind that I'm a tech-numpty with a really poor grasp of how this stuff all works, so I'd need an idiot's guide.

Grateful for any help.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: January 17, 2019, 08:41:56 pm »
Hi all. I'm looking for a little guidance.

I've currently got a Firestick, which was loaded with Kodi by a mate of a mate, who put on 3 movie/tv channels (Covenant, Genesis, Neptune) and a sports channel thing with about 20 different sub-channels.

None of them work anymore.

I've heard they've now gone, but I don't know and am not sure if I just need to update or something. Does anyone know?

Secondly, if I want to just switch to IPTV, how do I go about doing that? Are there any tutorials knocking about? Bear in mind that I'm a tech-numpty with a really poor grasp of how this stuff all works, so I'd need an idiot's guide.

Grateful for any help.

It's all easy to do mate,I'm busy tonight but I'll pm you instructions on what to do with your Kodi (start by wiping it clean) and how to install some apps (not kodi) that will give you livetv,movies and tv shows.

Iptv is just as easy to do as well mate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #845 on: January 17, 2019, 08:52:07 pm »

It's all easy to do mate,I'm busy tonight but I'll pm you instructions on what to do with your Kodi (start by wiping it clean) and how to install some apps (not kodi) that will give you livetv,movies and tv shows.

Iptv is just as easy to do as well mate.

Much appreciated - I'm not in any real hurry so don't do it till you're not busy

Cheers
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #846 on: January 17, 2019, 09:27:21 pm »
Most IPTV providers will help you install everything and have step by step guides on how to get things up and running.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: January 19, 2019, 03:56:03 am »
Has anyone tried the new 4K Zgemma H7 boxes? I'm very tempted to get one now that Canal+ Poland are showing the Premier League in 4K.

Really interested in this as I get Canal+ no probs after moving my dish away from $ky and they show all the games with no need for VPN or backups whatever.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: January 19, 2019, 08:43:41 am »
Oh yea and if anyone wants a really reliable service then feel free to PM me and I'll point you in the right direction. ;)

Here are the prices -
£10= 1 month
£20 = 3 months / multiroom £30
£40 = 6 months / multiroom £60
£60 = 12 Months / multiroom £90

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #849 on: January 19, 2019, 11:01:41 am »
ticket has now been deleted  ::)

ive seen people say their renewals ran automatically over christmas

mines not due for another 8 months but i wont be paying this lot any money

used my card to pay so at some point ill be cancelling that card and getting a new one

cancelling the service via their website in advance in a few months.
Having the same issues-these new people look exceeding dodgy.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: January 19, 2019, 02:19:54 pm »
Having the same issues-these new people look exceeding dodgy.

I cancelled with these folks. I've taken one up with the guys Pheeny recommended. Very happy so far.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: January 19, 2019, 06:12:26 pm »
Apologies to those I recommended it too although I did advise caution. Hope no one lost out money wise

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: January 19, 2019, 07:00:13 pm »
Here are the prices -
£10= 1 month
£20 = 3 months / multiroom £30
£40 = 6 months / multiroom £60
£60 = 12 Months / multiroom £90
Further to this,the lad who runs the service has had numerous website which have all been taken down,therefore now he only does word of mouth, so if you want a sub I'd need to add you to his Facebook or wattsapp group.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: January 19, 2019, 08:02:50 pm »
Apologies to those I recommended it too although I did advise caution. Hope no one lost out money wise
That I'm afraid is the risk with any IPTV nothing you or indeed I can do about it.

I lost money on the last one I used and was a bit dubious about getting a new one,so far I've been lucky with this one as I've been with him for a year and had no problems (yet)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: January 19, 2019, 09:17:16 pm »
That I'm afraid is the risk with any IPTV nothing you or indeed I can do about it.

I lost money on the last one I used and was a bit dubious about getting a new one,so far I've been lucky with this one as I've been with him for a year and had no problems (yet)
yeah I've had a few knock backs

But up money

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2019, 10:12:29 pm »
I lost £4 once  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: January 20, 2019, 12:28:00 am »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: January 20, 2019, 07:33:34 am »
I lost £4 once  ;D
Bloody hell if that had happened to me I'd never use IPTV again...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2019, 09:20:36 am »
I seriously wonder about these new guys that took over Satsnee. I cancelled my subscription with them (chose the immediately option) and got confirmation that it would be cancelled within 24 hours (this was 3 days ago). Today I received an email that my card had failed (I cancelled my credit card too).

So despite cancelling my sub and receiving confirmation, they still tried to take payment from me.

This is IPeeTv I'm talking about. I seriously recommend getting away from them.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2019, 11:17:14 am »
Doesn't sound good does it. My card was cancelled anyway so they can't get me

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2019, 04:15:49 pm »
I have never and would never sign up for any that doesn't allow paypal & if that was my only option then I would sign up for and use a virtual one.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: January 23, 2019, 09:26:01 am »
Two more attempts to take payment from my credit card. One this morning and another yesterday. I requested cancellation a week ago.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: January 23, 2019, 09:42:52 am »
Two more attempts to take payment from my credit card. One this morning and another yesterday. I requested cancellation a week ago.
unbelievable

some shower. every payment i ever made to sats was from a now cancelled card

would advise anyone (again) to cancel whatever card they used

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #863 on: January 23, 2019, 12:44:42 pm »
What’s everyone using now for the footy?

Stuck with UM / SM / SN who have been sound since their issues last year but my subscription will be up for renewal soon.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: January 23, 2019, 04:13:14 pm »
unbelievable

Opened a ticket to ask why they are still trying to charge my card. Logged in just now to see if I had received an answer and lo and behold, the ticket has been deleted!
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: January 23, 2019, 04:43:32 pm »
Opened a ticket to ask why they are still trying to charge my card. Logged in just now to see if I had received an answer and lo and behold, the ticket has been deleted!
yeah it is a waste of time opening a ticket with them

pity as satsnee were good and at least got back to you. i know a guy who has worked dodgy boxes for years and he said satsnee were brilliant

atleast the app is still working. preferred the tv but also for a good back up a friend gave me access ages ago to his BT app for watching games.

ill cancel the service (if their site isnt taken down) somewhere down the line and see what happens then when they try to charge

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #866 on: January 23, 2019, 04:54:47 pm »

Stuck with UM / SM / SN who have been sound since their issues last year but my subscription will be up for renewal soon.

I still use SM and they seem to have got their act together after a load of problems last year.

Revs as a back up has been pretty good.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: January 23, 2019, 04:58:13 pm »

Weird because I requested cancellation (at the end of billing period, so in July) and they emailed be almost straight away saying it's been processed etc.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #868 on: January 23, 2019, 07:59:43 pm »
unbelievable

Just be careful mate if the payment was a CPA (continuous payment authority) rather than a Direct Debit or Standing order then even if you cancelled your card then the authority to take payment can still be live.

It may be worth your while contacting your card issuer and ask them to cancel the payment authority.

I got a Now TV contract for my Mother and cancelled with NOW (Sky) the Debit card I had used had been cancelled but the payment still went out. It is pretty common for it to happen and why I now don't set up CPA's.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: January 23, 2019, 08:04:32 pm »
Good thinking Al. I'll do that tomorrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: January 23, 2019, 10:36:40 pm »
Weird because I requested cancellation (at the end of billing period, so in July) and they emailed be almost straight away saying it's been processed etc.

It was still the Satsni guys running it then right? These guys have taken over from them.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: January 23, 2019, 10:40:18 pm »
I opened another ticket and asked why they deleted my other one. They told me that they have removed all payment details from my account. Won't take their word for it though, and asked what way I can check on that myself.

Al: I used my credit card, rather than a debit card. Do you think I will have to contact my issuer as well?

Edit: it's a bit weird. In my account details it says that the payment method is PayPal, bit when I contacted them whilst it was still SatsNi, they said they don't use PayPal, only strip payment. What does strip payment mean?

Edit again: or did they mean Stripe payment?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:56:41 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #872 on: January 23, 2019, 10:46:48 pm »
I got a bargain when I signed up to mine. £15 for 12 months and it's been Spot on.

Prices currently are:

£7 for 1 month
£16 for 3 months
£25 for 6 months
£49 for 12 months

Runs on:

Android devices
Apple devices iOS
ZGemma Boxes
Enigma2 Boxes
MAG Boxes
STB Emulators

Also a Kodi Add On, about 1200 channels in total

Recommended Apps
Their own Android App
STB Emulator
SmartSTB

PM me if you want a link, they also have a FB support group
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: January 24, 2019, 07:35:12 am »
It was still the Satsni guys running it then right? These guys have taken over from them.

No this was just a few days ago. So would be the IPT people.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: January 24, 2019, 03:40:10 pm »

still use fl the most
had to use vpn for few games but 90% were fine without
barely a jitter in last few months

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #875 on: January 25, 2019, 10:01:07 am »
Still with Mobsters, but I've needed a vpn for the last couple of 3pm's. Used Revs as a backup. Both been sound.

Offline rothers

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #876 on: January 27, 2019, 11:26:28 am »
Anyone recently updated their hardware for IPTV?

I’m still using a zgemma h2s which I’ve had since the CS days. Thinking about upgrading to a new box and would like to keep the sly EPG as the missus can use that. Be nice to get Freeview & IPTV which I can record, pause and do series link, etc... but with a lot quicker processor as the zgemma is getting slower by the day?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #877 on: January 27, 2019, 08:20:56 pm »
I opened another ticket and asked why they deleted my other one. They told me that they have removed all payment details from my account. Won't take their word for it though, and asked what way I can check on that myself.

Al: I used my credit card, rather than a debit card. Do you think I will have to contact my issuer as well?

Edit: it's a bit weird. In my account details it says that the payment method is PayPal, bit when I contacted them whilst it was still SatsNi, they said they don't use PayPal, only strip payment. What does strip payment mean?

Edit again: or did they mean Stripe payment?

Yeh I would because continous payments can be still be authorised. They pretty much rely on the integrity of whoever you authorise to take the payments.  With a direct debit or standing order you can cancel the authorisation pretty much at will. You are still bound by whatever contract you have entered into and the other party can take action against any debt you acrue but with a CPA it is far more difficult to stop.

The onus is on you to get the service provider to cancel at their end.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #878 on: January 27, 2019, 08:49:25 pm »

I’m still using a zgemma h2s which I’ve had since the CS days. Thinking about upgrading to a new box and would like to keep the sly EPG as the missus can use that. Be nice to get Freeview & IPTV which I can record, pause and do series link, etc... but with a lot quicker processor as the zgemma is getting slower by the day?

I was in pretty much the same position just over a year ago.

The Zgemma was a enigma 2 box that was specifically built for card sharing. The requirements were pretty low, your satelite system delivered the picture and basically all the box did was to take care of the encryption. Hence why a zgemma is pretty low powered.

With IPTV there are 3 routes you can go down. You can have a MAG box which is pretty low powered and logs in to a dedicated IPTV portal, with the Mag box you have a pretty much a system that tries to emulate an Set top box.

You can have an android box that emulates logging in to a portal with software such as perfect player but is pretty clunky and relies on the usually shite remote that comes with the box or an equally clunky mini keyboard and dongle.

Or you can get devices that can act as a set top box and log in to a dedicated portal plus they are a fully fledged android box. That is the route I went down.

None of them are perfect and to be honest we still have Sky for general viewing but the IPTV works pretty well for sport and movies.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #879 on: January 28, 2019, 06:05:06 am »

Zgemma i55 is pretty good but iptv only. The Mag boxes are probably the most reliable but no sky epg and again,only iptv. If you want freesat or cable along with iptv then you'd be looking at something like a VU+ Zero or a Zgemma H2H