Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 44452 times)

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »
but he's every bit as good as xavi and iniesta have every been

Xavi and Iniesta are the 2 greatest Spanish footballers of all time. IMO Gerrard at his best was just as good as them. But for the football identity that they play, Gerrard wouldn't fit in, I don't think. Just my opinion of course, I love Gerrard, he's my favourite player ever, look at my username :)

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:36 pm »
Why would we spend £14m on Tiote for him to be 3rd choice DM behind wee Jay?  ;D
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »
Just my opinion mate. I thought we were better against Norwich, mancs, Swansea etc but didn't get the result we deserved. Anyway onwards and upwards, pleased with the win.

I'd just like to know what part of our performance you thought was bad, bar Downing's crosses. Like Alan said this was one of the few games this season in which we actually got better as the game progressed, instead of starting strong then tailing off.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:50 pm »
Joke.of.a.supporter.

How would you describe his performances since he signed? I'd fucking love the lad to be banging them in but the bottom line is he's been here nearly a year now and looks nowhere near Liverpool standard.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »
With Kuyt we blocked the most of their attacks on their own half... I don't understand why is he on the bench every weekend while Henderson and his "friends" play...

Steve was great with his balls and his goal of course. Keep doing skipper!

I think Bellamy can replace Luis well temporarily.

Andy Carroll...pff... useless guy. Henderson, Carroll, Downing...change them, sell them or just leave them. Don't care. Just make some changes in January! Otherwise we gonna sink thanks to FA and ourselves. See the reds wasn't given by the ref? pffff. FA hand is above us...  They really don't want to see us in the top four. Disgusting... :boxhead  Markedly like bitches.....

Anyway...Happy New Year all! :hally

:lmao

Happy New Year indeed.

« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »
Carroll needs to get into the box more. Countless times he's hanging at the edge of the box, and we've got no one in the box when a cross comes in.
Its not just about being in the box he needs to anticipate the crosses more and give his team mates good movement so they can find him. Gerrard is a top player and can pick Andy out with alot more ease but that's not to say that Bellamy, Downing, Enrique and Johnson's crosses into the box were poor

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #406 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:01 pm »
If this is aimed at me you can get the fuck and stop putting words in my mouth.
We won....stop ruddy moaning......

Honestly, if you didn't talk such balderdash then no one would have said that.

Reap what you sow and all that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »
How would you describe his performances since he signed? I'd fucking love the lad to be banging them in but the bottom line is he's been here nearly a year now and looks nowhere near Liverpool standard.

Get off of his back.  He is 22, has not had a run of games, has had two injuries, the pressure of the price tag, settling in problems, team not used to playing with him... etc etc ad nauseam
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #408 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:11 pm »
With Kuyt we blocked the most of their attacks on their own half... I don't understand why is he on the bench every weekend while Henderson and his "friends" play...

Andy Carroll...pff... useless guy. Henderson, Carroll, Downing...change them, sell them or just leave them. Don't care. Just make some changes in January! Otherwise we gonna sink thanks to FA and ourselves. See the reds wasn't given by the ref? pffff. FA hand is above us...  They really don't want to see us in the top four. Disgusting... :boxhead  Markedly like bitches.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk?version=3&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk?version=3&amp;</a>

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #409 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:58 pm »
Xavi and Iniesta are the 2 greatest Spanish footballers of all time. IMO Gerrard at his best was just as good as them. But for the football identity that they play, Gerrard wouldn't fit in, I don't think. Just my opinion of course, I love Gerrard, he's my favourite player ever, look at my username :)

different style of football i agree, but gerrard would fit far more easily into that that team than he has any of the england teams, the reason he looks out of place in the england team is cuz he's a footballer,and a very unselfish one at that, a skill not applicable to the being a england footballer

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2011, 10:32:03 pm »
I'd just like to know what part of our performance you thought was bad, bar Downing's crosses. Like Alan said this was one of the few games this season in which we actually got better as the game progressed, instead of starting strong then tailing off.
I didn't think we were bad per se, I just felt we struggled first half and let Newcastle control it far too much at times. I thought Newcastle had more of the ball than any other away side we've played and as such I didn't feel it was a great performance in conparison. That does mean we were bad though!

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2011, 10:32:49 pm »
Bellamy, Skrtel, Gerrard, top class, Thought Jay and Hendo were decent too, hopefully Adams dropped for a few games, bring on city!
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2011, 10:32:55 pm »
not a pop at Adam

read the previous posts connected

Just stating a case that the big man has a right to talk to his team mates about his lack of service

Should hang his head in shame & give the signing-on fee back after that peach from Gerrard

« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2011, 10:33:42 pm »
He needs to combine what he was doing in the first half; coming deep, receiving the ball and laying it off, with what he was doing in the second half when Gerrard came on; storming into the box to try and get on the end of a cross. He just needs a run of games and a goal to boost his confidence, then we might start seeing something resembling the form he produced whilst playing for Newcastle. At the moment he's like a shrinking violet, reluctant to run into the box in case he misses a chance, or running deep to get the ball, laying it off, then not busting a gut to get in a threatening position. Just need to be patient.
Well I'm not impatient, I just want us to win. I would much rather see Carroll scoring goals than not.

I look at players who are constantly criticized like Henderson, Adam and Downing and I can clearly see more positives in their games than Carroll that's why I bother talking about it. I don't expect him to be perfect now but I expected him to be doing better.

Anyway we won and I'm happy, will just wait for Mostar so I can rewatch the game.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »
If this is aimed at me you can get the fuck and stop putting words in my mouth.

Fuck off fatty. It wasn't about you. Your ego is almost as large as your waist.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:24 pm »
ba is going to ANC?

fuck me newcastle will be 10th at the end of Jan
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »
Yikes
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:38 pm »
I didn't think we were bad per se, I just felt we struggled first half and let Newcastle control it far too much at times. I thought Newcastle had more of the ball than any other away side we've played and as such I didn't feel it was a great performance in conparison. That does mean we were bad though!

The difference today is that we had a cutting edge mate in gerrard and a downing playing better than he has and craig being on top of his game. The little periods we had of possession counted and there was purpose in the passing. So having a cutting edge gives you the points while not having it, a good performances results in fewer points as you capitalise on the possession.

« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2011, 10:35:59 pm »
I don't recall any cross apart from Enrique which he drilled across the 6 yard box where we really threatening on crosses. Downing's crosses rarely beat first man.
I remember plenty in the first half analysis, I think Glen put in a few as well as Stewie

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2011, 10:36:47 pm »
In Stevie we may have just found our new right-sided midfielder, the perfect supply line for Andy's monster headers.  Definitely something to think about especially when/if we lose Luis for his suspension.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:01 pm »
one of the biggest surprises of the night was hearing Jamie Redknapp talk a bit of sense after the game  :o
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:06 pm »
With Stevey in the team Carroll will be much better than he has looked without
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:28 pm »

I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:29 pm »

Fatty? Right.

Almost as tiresome as Hassinator.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:33 pm »
Thank fuck we finally got our glue back into the side. Steven Gerrard just knits the parts together to make the whole - what a colossus he is. As soon as he comes on the side just clicked and we seemed to look like a potent unit whereas before it was all bitty and forced.

Keep this man fit at all costs.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2011, 10:38:14 pm »
Yikes

I would also have accepted "Meow!" and "Get her!"
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2011, 10:38:22 pm »
Fatty? Right.

Almost as tiresome as Hassinator.
Pictures of moobs please.

I will judge the argument
W

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2011, 10:38:28 pm »
In Stevie we may have just found our new right-sided midfielder, the perfect supply line for Andy's monster headers.  Definitely something to think about especially when/if we lose Luis for his suspension.

gerrard would be our best player in most positions on the pitch

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:21 pm »
different style of football i agree, but gerrard would fit far more easily into that that team than he has any of the england teams, the reason he looks out of place in the england team is cuz he's a footballer,and a very unselfish one at that, a skill not applicable to the being a england footballer

Agreed. I was more talking about the Barca philosophy though. He'd be a boss for Spain, imagine a midfield trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Gerrard...

Offline moses

• Anny Roader
  • liverpool are magic, everton are tragic..
« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:31 pm »
lets not too carried away with today's performance
'I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure'

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #430 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »
Should hang his head in shame & give the signing-on fee back after that peach from Gerrard

I relish the game when gerrard and carrol get 90 mins together Gerrard has the vision to see the asset Andy is and actually puts the balls into him if they had more time he wouldv scored with that service. I would sooner see him hitting the bar unlucky than not even getting a sniff.

the next match you might be eating your words unless Andy drops to the bench again

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #431 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:53 pm »
Why would we spend £14m on Tiote for him to be 3rd choice DM behind wee Jay?  ;D

No Ta, Watched Tiote closely tonight, and whilst his destroying is fine, his distribution and work with the ball is very poor.  He doesn't know what to do with it. 
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2011, 10:41:21 pm »
I didn't think we were bad per se, I just felt we struggled first half and let Newcastle control it far too much at times. I thought Newcastle had more of the ball than any other away side we've played and as such I didn't feel it was a great performance in conparison. That doesn't mean we were bad though!

Fair enough, but then again Newcastle are a much better team than some of the others who have been to Anfield this season.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2011, 10:41:38 pm »
Why can't we play them every week? :D
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2011, 10:42:43 pm »
Just got back from the game.

Don't think we played that well to be honest. However it's about time we started winning games playing ugly.

If we have lucky with injuries and suspensions we have the best back five in the country.

Henderson and Adam struggled again I thought. However things changed when Stevie came on. It's a shame we won't get the back bone of Reina, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez on the pitch together this season.

Good three points and glad to see some goals hit the net for a change. Still had to hit the bar though didn't we before full time.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #435 on: December 30, 2011, 10:42:59 pm »
lets not too carried away with today's performance

Remi is that you? ;)
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #436 on: December 30, 2011, 10:43:02 pm »
No Ta, Watched Tiote closely tonight, and whilst his destroying is fine, his distribution and work with the ball is very poor.  He doesn't know what to do with it. 

He certainly did not strike me as a comparible player to Lucas, work rate was poor at best
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 30, 2011, 10:43:15 pm »
Ahh happy days we scored 3!!! :D.

Bellamy is class, Skrtel is a quality, Gerrard the world class and wee litle Jay has balls bigger then his head.
Bring on city.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: December 30, 2011, 10:44:10 pm »
I love Craig Bellamy, neck or no neck.

This cracked me up more than it should have.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #439 on: December 30, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »
Why can't we play them every week? :D

We do but we usually miss sitters and hit the bar 5 times

we've played better this season more than a few times and drew

lady luck has been shagging the milkman in the cupboard under the stairs when we been texting her this season