Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 23552 times)

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2024, 04:13:05 pm »
Not quite, because we got battered and sent England third in the table…

Would be a very liverpool thing to do for us to finish 5th and not get CL because we decided to play against atalanta at home with clown shoes on

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2024, 04:13:08 pm »
i miss Sadio Mane so much. He was the one that delivered when needed most.  The ultimate menality monster.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2024, 04:13:13 pm »
This. It's absolutely bonkers how many chances we miss.
Quite incredible to be honest although going behind all the time doesn’t help.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2024, 04:13:20 pm »
My feelings are pure devastation and sorrow that this 8 month ride is probably over. I can't even register anger right now.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2024, 04:13:26 pm »
You could see from the start that it wasn't going to be our day. The rule of football and all that. So many chances that didn't go in. I'm a big Curtis fan, and when he's on form he should be a starter. That said, he's proved in the past that he needs time to get up to pace. Not sure that he should be starting at the business end of the fixtures. He wasn't the only one who was off his game mind. But it is what it Is, and we should never give up.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2024, 04:13:38 pm »
Yes, let's just have sports washers winning every year and getting more and more admiration and power within the game. Just what the game needs.  ::)
I really don't give a fuck and no neutral fan does either, they can go on and buy 30 titles in a row after spending a billion every single fucking year.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:06 pm »
The big issue isn't missing chances. The big issue is goals conceded.

it's both
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:08 pm »
Yes, let's just have sports washers winning every year and getting more and more admiration and power within the game. Just what the game needs.  ::)

They’ve already got loads of power not just in football but lots of sports now.

Ideally they don’t win it but if we don’t I’m not arsed nobody gave a shit when these were pipping us to titles.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:08 pm »
Jota missed an open goal

Jones missed a one on one

Salah one blocked by Mitchell
And the Nunez one

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:18 pm »
Same tactics as Atalanta. Mark our players tight and they won’t score. Mark our players tight and they will give you space to score. We don’t defend nearly good enough.

Yeah they clearly studied that game, we had no answer to it again.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #370 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:29 pm »
It's stunning how far he's fallen since the AFCON. Unrecognisable from the man that terrorised defences for years making shit look easy. Very sad to witness.

Without wishing to sound overdramatic given the current circumstances, if the Saudi's come in with silly money I can see the club taking it given his current form, especially if it can fund a true world class replacement.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:35 pm »
Dont know why we started with Endo when this very team gave him a difficult time. We couldnt progress the ball at all. We also waited too long to fall into a midfield 2

Completely agree, not as if he has been playing well. We were far better without him in the second half, big fuck up from Klopp.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:48 pm »
Yeah they clearly studied that game, we had no answer to it again.

Apart from all the chances we missed. 😂
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:53 pm »
i miss Sadio Mane so much. He was the one that delivered when needed most.  The ultimate menality monster.
You miss the young Mane, though, not the one that left us.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2024, 04:14:54 pm »
football season is over for me, we can't fuck up ending in Top 4 now, can we?

11 ahead of 4th with 6 to play, so 2 wins and 2 draws from the last 6 games secures it, assuming Villa and Spurs win every game left
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:02 pm »
It's stunning how far he's fallen since the AFCON. Unrecognisable from the man that terrorised defences for years making shit look easy. Very sad to witness.

Literally anyone would have been better than him today. His legs are gone. He didn’t look arsed for most of the game, and he just looks like a player at the end of his career. He was actually a hindrance today. Elliott would have done better starting instead of him.

Agreed that’s it’s very sad to witness this after he’s given us so much but I’ll bite anyone’s hand off what whatever they give us for him in the summer.
YWNA

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:18 pm »
There's no urgency in the team going forward even when we are desperate for a goal. I think both VVD and Konate have the highest passes in the game amongst themselves

That's when you need Matip to go on one of those marauding runs. Palace are happy to let Konate and VVD keep our possession stats high.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:23 pm »
Thats that then...been staring at us for months....we conceed  easily..fowards dig us out..buzzy games everyone high on late victories.. but once they stopped scoring....bottom line we've flattered to deceive and not champions material.

yeah these been boss moments..but I wanna see us win the league and we have  not been game controlling ruthless winners

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:31 pm »
Seems a distinct lack of sports psychology going on in the last few weeks.

I don't think I've ever seen us play in such an unsure way.

It also seems like a lack of imagination and flexibility when faced with problems. We play our way and adapt to whatever they do. But what if we run out of ideas?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:32 pm »
What happened to the Gomez at DM experiment

Sounds like a free from jazz collective

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:35 pm »
We've really collapsed when the pressure increased at the business end, not helped by untimely injuries and general jadedness. Our profligacy upfront recently hasn't exactly helped. Quadruple was always a fantasy but now it looks like we've blown our chances of anything more than a League Cup.

City and Arsenal put games to bed and win them fairly comfortably, whereas we've spent the majority of the season digging deep for comebacks or riding on emotion.

There's the slimmest of slim chances of something miraculous in the EL but given the way we've fallen apart it becomes even more of longshot than it was already. Klopp has given us some great, great times and it's sad we couldn't rouse ourselves to provide just one more special memory of his tenure (assuming Atlanta away is a bridge too far).

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:38 pm »
Can we talk about their goal? Like what the fuck was that. :lmao Looked like a training ground exercise.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2024, 04:15:50 pm »
The injuries were going to catch up at some point.  Players coming back aren’t “back” (jones, dom, etc) and players that stepped up (endo) look exhausted. No other team could deal with that amount of injuries. Couple that with whatever the opposite of finishing is and it’s just too much of a hill to climb

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2024, 04:16:09 pm »
Even though we were apparently shite, there must have been five occassions were it looked like a nailed on goal was about to happen. Pure fucking witchcraft, no other explanation!

Shite finishing is the explanation, too casual. All the talk of luck and good saves, a lot of them should be buried without the keeper having a hope in hell.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2024, 04:16:10 pm »
Just no need to over react throwing players under the bus.

We were shite Thursday and deserved to lose.

We should have won today though.

They are millionaire professional Athletes and they can't score open goals or even carve out a shot on 4v2s. Throwing them under a double decker is the minimum.  :o

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2024, 04:16:52 pm »
Patch of bad form at the wrong time.

Kind of ironic that when we were decimated through injury, we managed to fight through it but now we're hitting a wall.
Not to single anyone out but Salah has been pretty awful since he's come back. The guy is a legend and obviously you play a player like that but his overall contribution has been really poor, which is a shame.

Can't blame Palace for how they played. Thought their goal was amazing.

Thing is it's not a patch is it. Can anyone really say hand on heart we've looked good this season at any stage? I said it a few weeks ago i was optimistic about winning the league as we hadn't played well at all but where still top and thought when we eventually started playing well we'd get the job done. We've been grinding results out all season up until a few weeks ago.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2024, 04:17:20 pm »
So frustrating watching us plod around the back and give teams the chance to organise and get back into shape.

The number of time Gakpo was free on the left with nobody near him only for the Defenders to slow down the play was frustrating.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2024, 04:17:27 pm »
Have to say though I am liking the Gakpo of the last two games. Actually trying to run at players and make something happen.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2024, 04:17:37 pm »
We didn't look like we were gonna score a goal even if Palace played without a keeper ffs.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2024, 04:17:49 pm »
They are millionaire professional Athletes and they can't score open goals or even carve out a shot on 4v2s. Throwing them under a double decker is the minimum.  :o

We have punched above our weight in all fairness.

We could still have won the league but Sunday seemed to have derailed us despite Klopp speaking sensibly.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2024, 04:18:05 pm »
Good lord.

Think i need to exit the thread for my own sanity.

What's wrong?  The Manager himself has said he's goosed, that's why he's packing in.  Many of the players are done too, some for the season, some for good.  The new manager, whoever he is, won't be the panacea to all ills but will bring a fresh approach that other teams don't know.  Klopp's team have been worked out, work hard against them and park the bus and they struggle, we need something new.

Incidentally, apologies for having an opinion that doesn't line up with the superfan narrative.   
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2024, 04:18:16 pm »
Sounds like a free from jazz collective
;D

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2024, 04:18:17 pm »
Have to say though I am liking the Gakpo of the last two games. Actually trying to run at players and make something happen.

He did f*** all at least the other forwards got in a position to miss chances he's just anonymous

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 14, 2024, 04:18:40 pm »

Not sold on Gakpo but i have been saying we need a player who can threaten the opposition full back. There is scope in this squad for that.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: April 14, 2024, 04:19:31 pm »
it's both

Yep don’t see how someone can say it isn’t.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2024, 04:19:32 pm »
I just think this squad isn’t quite good enough. It’s as simple as that. We’ve basically got to this position in the league without playing that well. We’ve grinded out results, coming from behind so many times. We’ve had very few comfortable wins. It’s always a struggle. That isn’t sustainable.

I'd suggest this season shows the depth of our squad is good enough. We're unlikely to win the title now, but still in the race in mid-April. And we are there after having had Alisson, TAA, Salah, Jota etc out on long term injuries.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2024, 04:20:00 pm »
He did f*** all at least the other forwards got in a position to miss chances he's just anonymous
Eh? He helped create, he took players on and beat them when he came on today. He showed  composure where other players didn’t.

Nowhere close to anonymous
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2024, 04:20:02 pm »
I think the reason we lost was because there were too many flags on the Kop.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2024, 04:20:15 pm »
After watching the return leg of Atlanta match,then it's done for me for the season.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2024, 04:20:24 pm »
Can we talk about their goal? Like what the fuck was that. :lmao Looked like a training ground exercise.

Looks like a brilliantly well worked goal to me. Jurgen's "wow" afterwards says it all.