Author Topic: Paris  (Read 184967 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Paris
« Reply #1960 on: February 13, 2023, 05:41:49 pm »
"The report reveals that Uefa took out a reference in that statement to local men having caused problems – which was true – at the request of the French authorities."

Speechless.
Goodness me….

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1961 on: February 13, 2023, 05:43:29 pm »
"The report reveals that Uefa took out a reference in that statement to local men having caused problems – which was true – at the request of the French authorities."

Speechless.

🤢 Horrendous.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1962 on: February 13, 2023, 05:43:55 pm »
Just saw the LFC statement, was a bit cryptic, but I guess they were as pissed off as the rest of us. If UEFA think they can bury this they have another thing coming.

The best thing would be to play the contents of the report on loop on the tannoy at our game with Madrid next week, for everyone to hear.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1963 on: February 13, 2023, 05:44:54 pm »
And these are the people who will be having other sporting events. God help those people, is all I can say. Just awful stuff from the French authorities.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: February 13, 2023, 05:47:35 pm »
Motherfuckers really thought in 2022 they could cover shit like this up without thousands witnessing a diffrent version of events and camera phones around.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: February 13, 2023, 05:51:52 pm »
That motherfucker Jake Humphrey of BT Sport spent all evening that day saying LFC fans were causing trouble peddling UEFA's bullshit. Someone needs to get that fucker.  :wanker

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1966 on: February 13, 2023, 05:54:28 pm »
That motherfucker Jake Humphrey of BT Sport spent all evening that day saying LFC fans were causing trouble peddling UEFA's bullshit. Someone needs to get that fucker.  :wanker
Not forgotten that rat's behaviour

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: February 13, 2023, 05:56:27 pm »
Surely the head of Uefa should be fucked off now? Also, no major sporting finals should be held in France until they can give guarantees for fans’ safety.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1968 on: February 13, 2023, 06:02:35 pm »
Surely the head of Uefa should be fucked off now? Also, no major sporting finals should be held in France until they can give guarantees for fans’ safety.

No chance I'm afraid, he's propped up by too many. They'll probably throw the head of events to the wolves and just quietly let it go by playing the CL music. Next week is our first chance to keep this in the news.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1969 on: February 13, 2023, 06:05:42 pm »
Fucking unreal that there is still nothing up on the BBC website.

They would have had all kinds up there if LFC fans were blamed in any way.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1970 on: February 13, 2023, 06:06:07 pm »
Right result. Well done to those who provided evidence and those on the panel for doing their job.

Now lets see what comes of it

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: February 13, 2023, 06:08:22 pm »

Ceferin re-elected unopposed and Paris has the biggest show on the planet next year.  :butt

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: February 13, 2023, 06:10:17 pm »
Ceferin re-elected unopposed and Paris has the biggest show on the planet next year.  :butt
Isn’t he a stooge of Qatar and Abu Dhabi now? The whole game is fucked from top to bottom.
Forgive my ignorance but what is in Paris next year?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1973 on: February 13, 2023, 06:11:46 pm »
Isn’t he a stooge of Qatar and Abu Dhabi now? The whole game is fucked from top to bottom.
Small matter of the Olympics
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: February 13, 2023, 06:13:37 pm »

Olympics lad.  ;D

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: February 13, 2023, 06:17:00 pm »
Olympics lad.  ;D
Ahh right. It’s not something I pay much attention to really. I wonder if they’ll be using the same stadium. No doubt they’ll clear out the vermin around the stadium first if they do now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: February 13, 2023, 06:23:31 pm »
I hope the club sues UEFA for damages and any individual who peddled their lies for defamation. This was an attempt to harm the club and innocent supporters. We've seen it far too often and I hope we take this all the way through the courts.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1977 on: February 13, 2023, 06:33:00 pm »
Ahh right. It’s not something I pay much attention to really. I wonder if they’ll be using the same stadium. No doubt they’ll clear out the vermin around the stadium first if they do now.

Same stadium and I agree that they’ll be a lot tougher on the locals there when it’s a truly global audience attending and watching rather than ‘just’ football fans.

They’ve also got the Rugby World Cup there this autumn too. Don’t know if the aggro around the ground happens every game there, or again whether it was just a football crowd that brought them out?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1978 on: February 13, 2023, 06:34:09 pm »

And it turned out (by his own admission) Liverpool fans helped his own parents to safety.

While Rio Ferdinand was lapping it up, as he was on the pitch in Moscow chanting without killing anyone.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: February 13, 2023, 06:35:19 pm »

A lot of early darts in Salford today.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: February 13, 2023, 07:18:03 pm »
Wouldn't bat an eyelid if ESL happened. Fuck UEFA

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #1981 on: February 13, 2023, 07:22:12 pm »

Not trending on Twitter either….You could guarantee if the fans were blamed the BBC would have opened the comments section too for the Neanderthal’s to have their say

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: February 13, 2023, 07:22:18 pm »
Henry Winter
@henrywinter
·
5m
"I'd like to apologise to supporters of #LFC for the experiences many of them had attending the game & for the messages released prior to & during the game which had the effect of unjustly blaming them for the situation leading to the delayed kickoff.” Theodore Theodoridis
@UEFA

"Uefa committed to learning from events of 28 May & will cooperate closely with supporters’ groups, the finalist clubs, host associations & local authorities to deliver outstanding finals where everyone can enjoy the game in a safe, secure and welcoming environment.” Theodoridis

UEFA reviewing the recommendations of the panel that criticises their overseeing of the Champions League final "in order to introduce appropriate changes and arrangements to ensure the highest level of safety for fans at future finals". About time. Paris was a disgrace.

Uefa to announce "a special refund scheme" for #LFC fans after Paris fiasco.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: February 13, 2023, 07:23:58 pm »
John Henry should open legal proceedings against UEFA and the French government.  Sue them off the face of Europe the c*nts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: February 13, 2023, 07:25:23 pm »
UEFA have just published the report.

https://t.co/opk5femyPx

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1985 on: February 13, 2023, 07:29:20 pm »
Couldn’t give a fuck about the game. Can’t believe the timing.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1986 on: February 13, 2023, 07:31:39 pm »

The Report...

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/027e-174e17fd7030-a45785447d2f-1000/uclf22_independent_review_report.pdf

Appendix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17XEFj75K5mkIhUcDeyY1jw7Yp7FPWnco/view

From UEFA...

'UEFA welcomes publication of Independent Review into events surrounding the 2022 Champions League Final in Paris':-

UEFA commits to implementing key recommendations to improve fan safety at future events.

www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/027e-174e2887a79e-93fd3647e2ac-1000--uefa-welcomes-publication-of-independent-review

more links on it from the usual news outlets here: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352606.msg18727530#msg18727530

Edit: sorry - didn't see jillc had beat me to it.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 07:42:15 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: February 13, 2023, 07:33:43 pm »
The Report...

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/027e-174e17fd7030-a45785447d2f-1000/uclf22_independent_review_report.pdf

Appendix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17XEFj75K5mkIhUcDeyY1jw7Yp7FPWnco/view

From UEFA...

'UEFA welcomes publication of Independent Review into events surrounding the 2022 Champions League Final in Paris':-

UEFA commits to implementing key recommendations to improve fan safety at future events.

www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/027e-174e2887a79e-93fd3647e2ac-1000--uefa-welcomes-publication-of-independent-review

Edit: sorry - didn't see jillc had beat me to it.

Yours looks a lot more professional though Jase.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1988 on: February 13, 2023, 07:36:09 pm »

I do like some boldening ;D

Not as much as UEFA though. No apology for the lateness of the Report from them, or explanation of why they leaked it to a news organisation 3 hours before kick off the Derby, or why they published the Report itself online an hour before kick off.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1989 on: February 13, 2023, 07:39:44 pm »
BBC are fuckin c*nts, this has been headline news on sky sports & sky news for the last couple of hours [at least since 5pm], only just made news on BBC sport & even then one of the minor headlines, on the main BBC Sports page. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: February 13, 2023, 07:53:14 pm »
Couldn’t give a fuck about the game. Can’t believe the timing.

The fans need to fuck the game off mate.  It's 100 percent rotten.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #1991 on: February 13, 2023, 07:53:16 pm »
John Henry should open legal proceedings against UEFA and the French government.  Sue them off the face of Europe the c*nts.

Would love to see this, but it can't see it happening.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: February 13, 2023, 07:53:41 pm »
Not trending on Twitter either….You could guarantee if the fans were blamed the BBC would have opened the comments section too for the Neanderthal’s to have their say

And leaked hours before a Merseyside derby which will dominate the sports media tomorrow.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: February 13, 2023, 08:05:55 pm »
Smacks of an insincere mea culpa so the French authorities can sweep it under the carpet and carry on with the lucrative business of hosting the Rugby World Cup and Olympics.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1994 on: February 13, 2023, 09:58:10 pm »
Don’t forget this Is the main news tonight.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1995 on: February 13, 2023, 10:00:48 pm »
I hope the club sues UEFA for damages and any individual who peddled their lies for defamation. This was an attempt to harm the club and innocent supporters. We've seen it far too often and I hope we take this all the way through the courts.

Indeed

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: February 13, 2023, 11:13:41 pm »
And leaked hours before a Merseyside derby which will dominate the sports media tomorrow.

It's beyond belief what a bunch of scumbags they are. Burying the story because they know it makes them look as awful as they were/are. BBC happy to help them keep it out of the headlines too. Shame on all of them. Such a disgrace, and continues to be, from UEFA's side.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: February 13, 2023, 11:16:51 pm »
Don’t forget this Is the main news tonight.

Yes, indeed. Anything that can be done to keep this in mind and in the news has to be done. Because of the timing of it, I genuinely had no idea about this until five minutes ago. Now, even after our most enjoyable performance of the season, I'm fuming all over again at the utter disgrace the footballing authorities are.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #1998 on: February 13, 2023, 11:17:24 pm »
UEFA getting most of the blame would normally be fine, but my experience on the ground was that it was the police and stadium staff treating us like shit, and maybe that’s down to poor organisation, communication or briefing on UEFA’s part but I don’t totally buy it. It absolutely played a part as some other  finals have some chaos to them, but not every UEFA event does whereas there is often chaos at domestic and European games in France, with their police often deciding on a use of force long before they would in other countries, so I’m not sure how much UEFA could have impacted it.

From what I’ve heard from some people who’ve been to Rugby games at the Stade de France, this incident is not the only one to happen there, but it’s just the largest and most publicised. Accounts of issues with the police, ticket system and local gangs afterwards are common in reports at other events, and I fear placing the blame mostly in UEFA will lead to similar issues happening at upcoming events at the stadium.

Having said that, my experience in Madrid was not positive around the ground with the police being overly aggressive and signage being very poor. Looking back if it was not for the wide expanse around the ground without fencing, similar would have happened due to the attitude of the authorities.

The police in these countries have to take lessons from this, and event  organisers need to take lessons from this. We are not thugs looking for trouble but simply people looking to attend a spectacle. We may look my intimidating as a group or act more boisterously than those in other sports, but that’s all part of the spectacle and experience. We do not come for trouble but a good experience, and the only thing that should be able to somewhat  spoil our day should be the result on the pitch, not our treatment outside the ground.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1999 on: February 13, 2023, 11:34:05 pm »
Bring this fucking house of cards down!

Sickening how during ESL these bastards were made out to be saviours of the game
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.