Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 401641 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #4480 on: January 19, 2016, 05:58:16 am »
In the same category as somebody laughing and joking during the hillsborough memorial service? Give your head a wobble lad.

He shouldn't have done what he did, but it's worth noting his missus had already moved out of England months before because she hated living here, the club was fucked and Barca are the peak for most South American players to reach.

Leaving for Barca doesn't make you a mercenary. If he's a mercenary then so are all of our current players

Also will never forget him beating the Mancs in the final and dedicating the win to us...
Give it a rest.

Akin to Diouf and Itandje? Fucking hell, someone people don't half hold a high opinions of us.

He was a fucking machine when he was here. As a lifelong Liverpool supporter, I'd have struggled to stay here. He deserved a whole lot better than Hodgson, and the bollocks that followed.

Spot on lads. I've long forgiven Masch for refusing to play against City when the owl was here. There was lots going on at the club behind the scences at the time that most of us will never know about. I don't blame him for leaving, but I am gutted he is no longer a Liverpool player. Absolutely loved the mad little Argie bastard when he was here. The fight and the passion he had to win the ball back for us was immense. Not seen that, to that extent before or since he left. He was an animal and a damn good player as well. Wish we could have him back. Could do with him here now, but alas it's not to be...

As one poster put it the other day : He's got to be the most intimidating hobbit in the world of football ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:02:32 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4481 on: January 19, 2016, 08:06:11 am »
Hadn't we already told him that we'd let him leave that summer, and he'd only stuck around that long because we couldn't afford to lose him and Alonso in the same window a year earlier?

Massive shame that his performances in the knockout rounds of World Cup 2014 will be forgotten by most. You won't see man better, more crucial runs of performances from a pure DM
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:08:05 am by rowan_d »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4482 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:28 am »
In the same category as somebody laughing and joking during the hillsborough memorial service? Give your head a wobble lad.

He shouldn't have done what he did, but it's worth noting his missus had already moved out of England months before because she hated living here, the club was fucked and Barca are the peak for most South American players to reach.

Leaving for Barca doesn't make you a mercenary. If he's a mercenary then so are all of our current players

Also will never forget him beating the Mancs in the final and dedicating the win to us...

Why is he dedicating wins to us, we're Liverpool not Spurs, were 5 times Cl winners ourselves I thought it came off a bit pr stunt ish.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #4483 on: January 19, 2016, 10:39:34 am »
Why is he dedicating wins to us, we're Liverpool not Spurs, were 5 times Cl winners ourselves I thought it came off a bit pr stunt ish.
yeah his agent turned round and went 'oo listen masch lad, erm we need to sort out your reputation its really affecting you  go and dedicate that win to liverpool and it should help smootb things over.'

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4484 on: January 19, 2016, 11:35:27 am »
I don't get the Mascherano love-in amongst some Rawkites. I will always remember him as someone who refused to play for Liverpool. I don't care that Hodgson was the manager when he did it. No player should ever be forgiven for refusing to wear the shirt. He's also a mercenary who couldn't wait to fuck off as soon as Barca came in for him. That situation will always color my opinion of the lad. For me he is consigned to the same category of ex-Liverpool players as the likes of Grobbelaar, Diouf and Itandje.

^
What a fucking melt.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: January 19, 2016, 01:10:10 pm »
It's weird how players who left during the Hodgson era seem to be absolved of all blame because things were tough at the time, but the ones who stayed and didn't bail out get very little, if any, credit or praise for staying.
Most of that squad didn't have offers from Barcelona.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4486 on: January 19, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »

Not to mention Rafa had to convince him to stay for 1 more season and then at the end of it he finds out we weren't going to let him go like we had promised him. Yeah i'd be pissed off as well.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: January 19, 2016, 06:33:15 pm »
One of them had an offer from Madrid.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: January 21, 2016, 02:00:06 pm »
BREAKING: Javier Mascherano has been sentenced to one year in prison for tax evasion. [El Mundo] https://t.co/3lA7BTTcRe

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4489 on: January 21, 2016, 02:08:00 pm »
I don't get the Mascherano love-in amongst some Rawkites. I will always remember him as someone who refused to play for Liverpool. I don't care that Hodgson was the manager when he did it. No player should ever be forgiven for refusing to wear the shirt. He's also a mercenary who couldn't wait to fuck off as soon as Barca came in for him. That situation will always color my opinion of the lad. For me he is consigned to the same category of ex-Liverpool players as the likes of Grobbelaar, Diouf and Itandje.

Think that's ridiculous to be honest. No-one really knows what happened with Masch and that match, and plenty of players are dropped because they're "not in the right frame of mind" for a game. He gave his all in every single game he played for the club and played with a passion and conviction that many of our current players would do well to learn from. So he wanted to leave when the club was on a serious decline? Frustrating of course but entirely understandable at the stage of his career, and his decision can't be seen to be a foolish one when you look at his achievements since he left.

Equating him with the appalling Diouf who spat at a supporter and Itandje who showed disrespect to the 96 beggars belief. Great player who we were lucky to have for a few seasons. Shame it ended how it did of course but welcome to modern football.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4490 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:15 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35371872

Javier Mascherano: Barcelona player in court to avoid prison term

Barcelona and Argentina defender Javier Mascherano has appeared in court aiming to avoid going to prison over a 1.5m euros (£1.1m) tax fraud.

Mascherano, 31, previously admitted two counts of fraud after failing to declare earnings in 2011 and 2012.

A judge will now rule if Mascherano can pay an increased fine to avoid jail, according to reports in Spain.

He is alleged to have attempted to conceal earnings from his image rights by using companies he owns abroad.

A court filing released last year confirmed the player had repaid 1.75m euros - the full amount plus interest.

Following the latest hearing at a court in Catalonia, the former Liverpool and West Ham player tweeted a statement, saying:  "I'm a sporting professional, I don't have a great understanding of taxes and law.

"To deal with what are for me technical and complicated matters, I have to rely on other people.

"Throughout all my career I have been an honest person, responsible and respectful of my team-mates and the clubs that I have played for and the countries I have lived in. "

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4491 on: January 21, 2016, 02:34:21 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35371872
What happens to the accountants who advised him and carried out the tax evasion on his behalf.
Are they equally at fault ?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: January 21, 2016, 02:40:04 pm »
Someone got to his Wikipedia page pretty quickly

"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4493 on: January 21, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »
:lmao that is great. We should get him back. With Sakho fixing up houses and Masch fitting the kitchens, we could open a DIY store and make some extra transfer cash on the side.

Otherwise, yes, Barca player in tax dodging shock ;D

Heard Phil Thommo needs some partners for his Pine DIY store.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4494 on: January 21, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »
BREAKING: Javier Mascherano has been sentenced to one year in prison for tax evasion. [El Mundo] https://t.co/3lA7BTTcRe
Lock him up at Melwood and only let him out once a weekend at Anfield for 2 hours.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: January 21, 2016, 07:32:21 pm »
I fucking love Mascherano.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #4496 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:11 am »
if only hed played at dm all his career, and at LFC! one of the best of all time at what he did, Brilliant player
YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: January 22, 2016, 06:56:54 am »
He'll never serve a day in prison. He'll pay a fine thanks to his very expensive lawyers. Jail him and they'd have to also send Messi if and when he's found guilty of tax avoidance.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4498 on: January 22, 2016, 07:25:41 am »
if only hed played at dm all his career, and at LFC! one of the best of all time at what he did, Brilliant player

It's a shame he doesn't play DM for Barca. He's an absolute monster in that position. Such a waste of talent. I don't he cares much though.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4499 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:15 am »
It's a shame he doesn't play DM for Barca. He's an absolute monster in that position. Such a waste of talent. I don't he cares much though.
I doubt they care that much either when they have Busquets there haha

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4500 on: January 22, 2016, 10:01:05 am »
I doubt they care that much either when they have Busquets there haha

I agree. Which I said it's a waste of a talent he has for playing DM really. Shame we weren't big enough or successful enough to keep him. Thinking on it, even that probably wouldn't of kept him here in the end though I suppose.

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4501 on: January 24, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »
Player is so fucking boss it hurts. God I miss him. Him, and Xabi, and El Pistolero. Ah dang...

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4502 on: February 19, 2016, 03:53:40 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/javier-mascherano-barcelona-nicklas-bendtner-changed-career?CMP=share_btn_tw#comment-68986832

This makes me very sad - I find myself missing him as much as Luis these days.  Love him, even for one more season. You can't train his mentality into people unfortunately.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #4503 on: February 19, 2016, 04:50:06 pm »
This makes me very sad - I find myself missing him as much as Luis these days.  Love him, even for one more season. You can't train his mentality into people unfortunately.

Yeah, worth a read, that one. Shows the impact of "off the field" stuff and the importance of having a manager that players can buy into.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4504 on: February 19, 2016, 05:39:36 pm »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4505 on: February 19, 2016, 06:37:06 pm »

Should be on a banner, that.

Miss that little loon so much - mentality, kwailty, and possibilities :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: February 19, 2016, 07:26:23 pm »

Is he angling for a move back? a final pay day and to escape the spanish tax authorities? cos I would really be up for that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4507 on: February 19, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »
A good interview that, I do miss Masch even now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4508 on: February 19, 2016, 07:57:52 pm »
He's my tip to be the most successful manager out of current players today. Meant to be really into the tactical side of the game.

I know that doesn't always translate, but he's a leader and seems rather driven too. Certainly someone who has made the absolute most of their ability.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4509 on: February 19, 2016, 09:35:37 pm »
Emphasizing there how important Carra and Gerrard were to their teammates and to the club. Contrary to what RAWK thinks about them.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: February 20, 2016, 12:45:45 am »
He's my tip to be the most successful manager out of current players today. Meant to be really into the tactical side of the game.

I know that doesn't always translate, but he's a leader and seems rather driven too. Certainly someone who has made the absolute most of their ability.
Yes, Xabi Alonso too, but Mascherano seems more driven. Rafa had great taste in midfielders in those days.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4511 on: February 20, 2016, 01:21:16 am »

When the WC final went into ET, I remember the Argentinian team standing around with the captain Messi and the manager all there and it was Masch that was barking the orders and telling who had to do what and basically giving the speech that the captain should have been giving. Messi stood by him listening almost like a school boy. Messi might wear the armband, but there was no doubting who the real leader was there.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4512 on: February 20, 2016, 01:28:46 am »

Imagine being a slacker under Masch. Fuck that.

He's been wonderful for Barcelona in a different way than he was for us. I always felt that he genuinely loved it here but the lure of Barcelona was too much (and the fact his wife hated living in England). When he dedicated Barca's CL win to us fans without being prompted that was when I truly realized what a properly good guy he is.

Come back anytime you crazy fucker!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #4513 on: February 20, 2016, 02:17:19 am »
When the WC final went into ET, I remember the Argentinian team standing around with the captain Messi and the manager all there and it was Masch that was barking the orders and telling who had to do what and basically giving the speech that the captain should have been giving. Messi stood by him listening almost like a school boy. Messi might wear the armband, but there was no doubting who the real leader was there.

Maradona knew what he was talking about when he said his Argentina team was Mascherano and 10 others.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #4514 on: February 20, 2016, 02:46:25 am »
That means El Jefecito has what it means to be an on field general, not necessarily a manager.

Maybe if he teamed up with Xabi as a future management/coaching duo, Masch could be the firey motivator, and Xabi could be the cool but aloof intellectual tactician.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4515 on: February 20, 2016, 02:48:11 am »
Great interview from Masch, made me feel all emotional...

I wonder how long he's got left on his contract at Barca? If I were Jurgen, after reading that interview I'd be on the phone to Masch hinting that no-one's managed to tie down the position of our deepest-lying midfielder just yet...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4516 on: February 20, 2016, 03:12:39 am »
That means El Jefecito has what it means to be an on field general, not necessarily a manager.

Maybe if he teamed up with Xabi as a future management/coaching duo, Masch could be the firey motivator, and Xabi could be the cool but aloof intellectual tactician.

That's caricaturistic of Masch to be described as the one that barks, but little else. By all accounts, including those of his colleagues at Barca, he is someone with an acute sense of tactics and a real understanding of the finer points of football. He might not have the appear as aloof as intellectuals often do, but he certainly is not an idiot and again as people have mentioned many times over his career, he is a player with a very fine understanding of the tactics of the game.   
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #4517 on: February 20, 2016, 08:24:42 am »
However Mash has now said he'd be open to join another EPL team. Makes me feel sick even though in the same interview has some good things to say about Klopp, while criticising American ownership. It could mean that if Klopp doesn't go for him, then he can go elsewhere in England. Fair enough really
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4518 on: February 20, 2016, 09:13:44 am »
Love Mascherano. He was my favourite player in the Rafa era. I'd have him back in an instant.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4519 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:11 am »
What a guy.  :-\

“Liverpool were one of the best teams I played for [but] the club had problems. I never met the owners. Liverpool’s a club to enjoy, to be there, to live. It’s not worth owning Liverpool 20,000km away; it belongs to the people and you don’t get that if you’re never there. It’s a pity. I always felt the club was trying to take a step forward but couldn’t. Now with Klopp they’re trying. He’s a manager for Liverpool – very much of the people. Nowhere has anybody treated me so well. I was sad that I had to go the way I did.”