Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1460354 times)

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #3400 on: October 20, 2018, 03:01:08 am »
Spent many a day playing all of those out on the green near our house.........good times
Green??? You were lucky. We had to play 3 and in in the bus shelter.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3401 on: October 20, 2018, 07:57:04 pm »
Still feels weird not being arsed about late corner kicks to the opposition or people getting in down the flanks because chances are VVD is heading the fucker away.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3402 on: October 20, 2018, 08:00:34 pm »
Got away with a couple of poor clearances today, thank fuck that Mounie isn't a footballer ;)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3403 on: October 20, 2018, 08:11:46 pm »
Thought he made a couple of poor decisions today, the mistake which lead to the Mounie chance and in the first half he rolled the ball to a Huddersfield player for a throw in and they quickly threw the ball into the area he should have been. Fortunately Lovren got across to cover but that was naive.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3404 on: October 20, 2018, 09:04:37 pm »
Thought he made a couple of poor decisions today, the mistake which lead to the Mounie chance and in the first half he rolled the ball to a Huddersfield player for a throw in and they quickly threw the ball into the area he should have been. Fortunately Lovren got across to cover but that was naive.

There were points where he definitely looked like he was not able to go full speed which to me indicates that the ribs are still causing him problems. I’m hoping we could rest him for the midweek game start Trent and move Gomez back to middle.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3405 on: October 20, 2018, 09:09:19 pm »
There were points where he definitely looked like he was not able to go full speed which to me indicates that the ribs are still causing him problems. I’m hoping we could rest him for the midweek game start Trent and move Gomez back to middle.
To be fair, I think Gomez has outperformed VVD this season even before the rib injury.

At the minute VVD is similar to the team, underperforming but getting results. The good thing is he’s a class act and will get better so just think how good our defence will be then. Agree he might get a rest midweek though.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3406 on: October 20, 2018, 09:14:52 pm »
To be fair, I think Gomez has outperformed VVD this season even before the rib injury.

At the minute VVD is similar to the team, underperforming but getting results. The good thing is he’s a class act and will get better so just think how good our defence will be then. Agree he might get a rest midweek though.
I don’t think it’s that simple....

They key thing with VVD is when crosses come into our box...

About 90% are headed away by him... he has this ability to somehow stretch his kneck beyond the attacker and get it away...

Ignore the rest of his game... this is the huge reason why we are so much better with him playing, we have been so vulnerable to the second ball.. with Virgil there seldom is a second ball.. 

The rest is just a bonus..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3407 on: October 20, 2018, 09:16:54 pm »
Surprised we didn't rest VVD tonight. If he has got broken/cracked ribs I doubt playing games is good for helping them heal, especially when the opposition know about the problem, meaning they can barge into him as much as possible.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3408 on: October 20, 2018, 09:19:21 pm »
You're not wrong but that 'rest' is at high-level hedge-fund manager levels of bonus. He's beauty and the beast in one player. Amazing.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3409 on: October 20, 2018, 09:22:01 pm »
You're not wrong but that 'rest' is at high-level hedge-fund manager levels of bonus. He's beauty and the beast in one player. Amazing.
Yes you’re right there....
But the heading it out of the box bit... that’s what we didn’t have elsewhere.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3410 on: October 20, 2018, 09:23:00 pm »
Surprised we didn't rest VVD tonight. If he has got broken/cracked ribs I doubt playing games is good for helping them heal, especially when the opposition know about the problem, meaning they can barge into him as much as possible.
Has someone done a particularly foul and lingering shit in your living room today?
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3411 on: October 20, 2018, 09:25:11 pm »
Has someone done a particularly foul and lingering shit in your living room today?

Hopefully
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3412 on: October 20, 2018, 09:25:43 pm »
I don’t think it’s that simple....

They key thing with VVD is when crosses come into our box...

About 90% are headed away by him... he has this ability to somehow stretch his kneck beyond the attacker and get it away...

Ignore the rest of his game... this is the huge reason why we are so much better with him playing, we have been so vulnerable to the second ball.. with Virgil there seldom is a second ball.. 

I’m not sure about that, last season VVD was winning 5.6 aerial duals per game, our next best was Lovren on 3.6. This season VVD is on 3.6 and Lovren is 3.5.

Even today that big Mounie chance was from VVD misreading a cross (although not an aerial dual). I think he’s at 80% at the moment but we know there’s another 20% to come.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3413 on: October 20, 2018, 09:27:33 pm »
Nope, I'm just a miserable sod.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3414 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:44 pm »
Some people are glass half empty people, I'm a glass nine tenths empty person.  [emoji39]

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3415 on: October 20, 2018, 10:34:10 pm »
He is just, amazing.

If he is hurt though then he should get a nice night off against Red Star.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3416 on: October 20, 2018, 10:45:11 pm »

Agree with you about Gomez, but I think that was more Lovren today, VVD was pretty much his usual nonchalant imperious self don’t get the feeling his underperforming.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3417 on: October 20, 2018, 10:54:57 pm »
Agree with you about Gomez, but I think that was more Lovren today, VVD was pretty much his usual nonchalant imperious self don’t get the feeling his underperforming.
What was more Lovren?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3418 on: October 20, 2018, 11:21:54 pm »
What did Lovren do wrong?  Virgil totally missed the ball that led to their biggest chance in the game, if Lvoren hadn't gotten a touch to it at all, then...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3419 on: October 20, 2018, 11:34:51 pm »
What was more Lovren?

The shaky moments I can remember.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3420 on: October 20, 2018, 11:37:33 pm »

Moments, plural?

He was caught on the ball, after Allison played a silly ball to him. Don't remember another

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3421 on: October 20, 2018, 11:43:52 pm »
Moments, plural?

He was caught on the ball, after Allison played a silly ball to him. Don't remember another

He slid to the ground near the box, the opponent sidestepped and proceeded to do little with it near our 6 yard box, and he didn’t do much better than Van Djik in his one bad moment in the game, hardly anything he did well altogether but VVD near flawless again.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3422 on: October 20, 2018, 11:59:20 pm »
Moments, plural?

Stood and watched a ball sail over his head while that big oaf up front stood a yard off him and looped an easy chance towards goal

Also failed on a few aerial duals against the same big oaf, not necessarily mistakes, but our two better CBs seem to compete well for similar balls, vvd and Gomez both look to grapple with their man a lot better in the build up.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3423 on: October 21, 2018, 12:42:37 am »
Really didn't like how he, on more than one occasion, did a cushioned header into space about 30 yards from our goal.

I get that normally it'd be there for one of our midfield to pick up and either turn or play it wide, but today it seemed to consistently bounce to a Huddersfield player or put one of our lads in danger.

That's my only gripe in 9 months though and he's otherwise as perfect as a Renaissance marble statue, so can't complain really.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3424 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:17 am »
Our best player by some distance in my opinion, at least this season. Every time the ball comes near our box you just wait for the commentater "and away by Van Dijk". He's fucking everywhere.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3425 on: October 21, 2018, 12:59:54 am »
Nah, VVD had an untidy match, blaming on Lovren or saying he was worse is weak.

VVD had a lot more time to react to the cross that created the Mounie chance, once he missed it, Lovren had milliseconds to react. VVD also gave the ball away a few times which lead to dangerous counter attacks, one right towards the end.

I thought Lovren had a very good match, won some really important headers and blocked a couple of shots which could have caused Alisson some trouble, especially the one that hit the post.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3426 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:09 am »
I’m not sure about that, last season VVD was winning 5.6 aerial duals per game, our next best was Lovren on 3.6. This season VVD is on 3.6 and Lovren is 3.5.

Even today that big Mounie chance was from VVD misreading a cross (although not an aerial dual). I think he’s at 80% at the moment but we know there’s another 20% to come.

That's because teams almost seem to be targeting the defender on the other side of VVD. No one bothers to even go up against him these days.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3427 on: October 21, 2018, 02:21:41 am »
That looks-like-an-injury moment scared the hell out of me.
Believer

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3428 on: October 21, 2018, 09:09:12 pm »
Our best player by some distance in my opinion, at least this season. Every time the ball comes near our box you just wait for the commentater "and away by Van Dijk". He's fucking everywhere.

I agree with that. The feeling that we can see games out has only been there since he signed. He's just class. If I could pick just 1 player to be fit and play every game all season it would be Van Dijk all day long. He stays fit, we go close

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3429 on: October 21, 2018, 09:24:25 pm »
The big beautiful bastard. Hark the 75 mill questions on his price tag from those skeptical and jealous from further afield teams. This lad has doubled his price tag and trebled our defensive stock in 10 months. Worth every penny, you big beautiful bastard.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #3430 on: October 24, 2018, 07:13:35 pm »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3431 on: October 24, 2018, 07:17:21 pm »

Still awaiting a new line of "Come On You Fucking Redmen" dishware...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3432 on: October 25, 2018, 01:00:42 am »
There are Rolls Royce defenders and then there is this guy. He's something else entirely. He's so good that teams are trying to target the other defender, usually Joe Gomez, who eats up forwards for a laugh. And I think we will be seeing the sight of him as captain more and more. 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3433 on: October 25, 2018, 01:09:13 am »
There are Rolls Royce defenders and then there is this guy. He's something else entirely. He's so good that teams are trying to target the other defender, usually Joe Gomez, who eats up forwards for a laugh. And I think we will be seeing the sight of him as captain more and more. 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Indeed.  After we went 3-0 up I started focussing on individual players.  He is an absolute monster.  Most noticable was how he was running the show.  Can see him having the captain’s armband for good next season.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3434 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:14 am »
A glimpse into the future ... Virgil as our captain. Love it ... He would be excellent without a doubt
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3435 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:51 am »
The big beautiful bastard. Hark the 75 mill questions on his price tag from those skeptical and jealous from further afield teams. This lad has doubled his price tag and trebled our defensive stock in 10 months. Worth every penny, you big beautiful bastard.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3436 on: October 25, 2018, 07:57:01 am »
This guy is so good isn't he. He's nearly as good as Gomez.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3437 on: October 25, 2018, 08:43:25 am »
there was a high ball in the second half he chested away from an opponent near the half way line, would love to see a gif of it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3438 on: October 25, 2018, 08:54:30 am »
A monster of a player thats making Joe into a much better player , they could turn out to be a legendary partnership over the next few years
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3439 on: October 25, 2018, 12:21:37 pm »
there was a high ball in the second half he chested away from an opponent near the half way line, would love to see a gif of it

Ah I think it must have been the moment I was looking towards the other game of our group and turned around to ours when I heard the Spanish commentator saying : 'Van Dijk. Imperial.'
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.