Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 166433 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #960 on: February 6, 2022, 09:13:33 pm »
Can I please put on record thst Sky Q is fucking wank.

I so regret moving over from Sky HD, which is far better.

I still haven’t moved over yet. What’s the problem with it?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #961 on: February 6, 2022, 10:23:51 pm »
I still haven’t moved over yet. What’s the problem with it?

The functionality is crap and very unintuitive, and very different from the simple way that HD/+ is.

Worst of all, I've got a habit of just pausing a programme I'm watching and going off doing something else, then coming back later (if it's the TV in the kitchen, it could be the next day) to watch the remainder.

Sky Q automatically un-pauses after just an hour.

I also used to be able, if I wanted to actually record what I'd paused for a long while, to just press record and it'd do it. Q doesn’t let me.

Series link doesn't work the same.

Your recordings aren't laid out in the same format as the TV guide (ie, in date order, most recent first)

I'm sure I'll get used over time, but it seems they've got rid of all the great, simple processes and stuff, and replaced with over-complicated smartarsedness, trying make it appear more like Netflix or Prime.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: February 7, 2022, 05:18:42 pm »
Honestly, the pressing up to go to the previous channel thing really grated at first.  That one I've got used to, but removing the reminder option was the most stupid thing Sky did. I don't want to record the bloody programme, I only want you to tell me when it's on FFS! And maybe if you're not able to show a reminder or if I don't switch over, THEN choose to record it. Can't be that hard surely?!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #963 on: February 7, 2022, 06:09:05 pm »
Yeah scrolling through channels works differently pressing one key than it does with another.

It’s really annoying.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #964 on: February 8, 2022, 09:35:13 pm »
I switched from BT internet to Sky recently. Thought I may as well get BT Sports with Sky as well to have it all under one account. I got quoted a price on the phone with Sky and went ahead with it. BT cancelled my BT Sport...but now I don't have it with Sky. Doesn't show up on my bill anywhere. Obviously I'm going to ring tomorrow and complain, but thought I'd check first to see if anyone knows why that might have happened? I couldn't have made it clearer on the phone that I wanted BT Sport with Sky, so I'm not paying a penny extra for it now.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #965 on: February 8, 2022, 09:47:05 pm »
Can I please put on record thst Sky Q is fucking wank.

I so regret moving over from Sky HD, which is far better.

I got an offer today from Sky saying they would give me a Sky Q box, all my TV subscriptions would stay the same and no extra charges, only thing that I can see is that if I leave Sky they want the Sky Q box back. Maybe I’ll look into it more as I think the functionality and everything else on the Sky HD box is great.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #966 on: February 12, 2022, 04:20:19 pm »
Another gripe with the SkyQ pause function is that if you've paused a channel for a bit then started play back up, if you then want to pause it later, it will only pause for a short time (anything from a few seconds to a few minutes - there really doesn't seem any logic to it)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #967 on: February 13, 2022, 07:13:20 pm »
They're offering me great deals on Sky Q at the minute but this all sounds kinda worrying. Never had any problems with the HD box to be fair.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: February 15, 2022, 08:44:23 pm »
How do you watch Sky (or Sky Go) on a PC (not mobile phone).
It doesn't seem possible to log in unless you're using an iPhone or iPad.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #969 on: February 15, 2022, 08:48:07 pm »
How do you watch Sky (or Sky Go) on a PC (not mobile phone).
It doesn't seem possible to log in unless you're using an iPhone or iPad.
Are you using the desktop app?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: February 15, 2022, 09:04:09 pm »
Sky Q is light years ahead of anything else I’ve ever used (I went from virgin to Sky last year).

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: February 15, 2022, 09:12:49 pm »
Sky Q is light years ahead of anything else I’ve ever used (I went from virgin to Sky last year).

The newer Virgin 360 boxes are light years ahead of the previous Virgin boxes. Much more similar to Sky Q.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #972 on: February 15, 2022, 09:16:03 pm »
In what way? You're tempting me in here.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: February 15, 2022, 10:50:28 pm »
In what way? You're tempting me in here.

In every way. The UI is smooth and looks great and I find it easy to access what I’m looking for. I didn’t have the Virgin 360 box like Graeme has said above but I’ve found Sky Q to be great personally. I’m due for renewal in a couple of months so I will be haggling to keep it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: February 15, 2022, 10:59:58 pm »
Are you using the desktop app?
To be honest I couldn’t see that option mate.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: February 15, 2022, 11:21:07 pm »
To be honest I couldn’t see that option mate.
I’ve never used it before on a pc but I’m sure you have to download a desktop app to be able use it

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: February 16, 2022, 09:09:00 am »
I’ve never used it before on a pc but I’m sure you have to download a desktop app to be able use it

Yeah, there's a desktop app and if you're on the same network as your boxes you can access all the recordings or you can download from on demand/watch live. I say this like it's actually any good, it always fucks around for me and sometimes won't download.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #977 on: February 16, 2022, 05:56:12 pm »
In every way. The UI is smooth and looks great and I find it easy to access what I’m looking for. I didn’t have the Virgin 360 box like Graeme has said above but I’ve found Sky Q to be great personally. I’m due for renewal in a couple of months so I will be haggling to keep it.
Can't you also use it in multiple rooms too, without getting more boxes? Something like that I heard.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: February 16, 2022, 05:58:07 pm »
Can't you also use it in multiple rooms too, without getting more boxes? Something like that I heard.

No idea mate I’ve never tried it. I’ll look into it  :)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #979 on: February 16, 2022, 08:00:59 pm »
Yeah, there's a desktop app and if you're on the same network as your boxes you can access all the recordings or you can download from on demand/watch live. I say this like it's actually any good, it always fucks around for me and sometimes won't download.

Do you need multi room for that?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: February 17, 2022, 08:56:46 am »
Do you need multi room for that?

Think access to the app is if you've got sky go but access to the box is maybe multiroom, I know they don't count towards your devices total if you use them on the same network so likely is.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: March 5, 2022, 01:27:36 pm »
Can you stick your viewing card in a different box and just fire on and watch the channels you subscribe to? I know years ago you used to have to get the card paired to the box, no idea if that's the case anymore.
Failing that, can you connect your box to a different dish and use it that way?

Heading to my girlfriends house later this afternoon so want to be able to watch the match there
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: March 5, 2022, 01:46:28 pm »
Can you stick your viewing card in a different box and just fire on and watch the channels you subscribe to? I know years ago you used to have to get the card paired to the box, no idea if that's the case anymore.
Failing that, can you connect your box to a different dish and use it that way?

Heading to my girlfriends house later this afternoon so want to be able to watch the match there
Not sure if you can do just the card as they need to be paired, you used to able to take the box and card though. Might need to have the same type of box/connection at your GFs though (presume she has Sky but not the Sports?)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: March 5, 2022, 02:04:02 pm »
Yeah she has Sky Q also, just not the sports subscription

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: March 5, 2022, 02:09:28 pm »
Yeah she has Sky Q also, just not the sports subscription
Another option is Skygo if you have an hdmi lead to link a pc or laptop to the tv

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: March 5, 2022, 05:15:13 pm »
Just brought the box round. Works fine

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: March 12, 2022, 05:51:56 pm »
Took a few phone calls and a bit of haggling but managed to get a price I’m happy with. It’s more than we pay now, but somehow we managed to get Sky Signature for free for our last deal so it was always going to go up.

Package was due to go up from £92 a month to £165, their initial offer was £135 but managed to them down to £113 then to £107.

Not sure exactly how it breaks down but package includes
Signature
Sky Sports
BT Sports
Multiroom
Netflix
Broadband & boost
HD & UHD

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: March 12, 2022, 06:26:07 pm »
Took a few phone calls and a bit of haggling but managed to get a price I’m happy with. It’s more than we pay now, but somehow we managed to get Sky Signature for free for our last deal so it was always going to go up.

Package was due to go up from £92 a month to £165, their initial offer was £135 but managed to them down to £113 then to £107.

Signature
Sky Sports
BT Sports
Multiroom
Netflix
Broadband & boost
HD & UHD

Do you need a separate phone line or is that part of the package?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: March 12, 2022, 06:28:47 pm »
Do you need a separate phone line or is that part of the package?
Phone included in the broadband price, Sky Pay as you Talk, so free if you don’t use it, and we don’t

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: March 12, 2022, 06:36:10 pm »
Phone included in the broadband price, Sky Pay as you Talk, so free if you don’t use it, and we don’t
Hmmmmm.. that’s a very tempting deal then
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: March 12, 2022, 06:48:43 pm »
Hmmmmm.. that’s a very tempting deal then
I’d had a look around and found a similar deal with BT (although it didn’t have multi room and only Netflix standard), which was just over £100 and used that as my bargaining tool. Obvs didn’t mention the lack of multi room and downgraded Netflix, but I think it helped get us a better deal. I think being with them for so long also made a difference

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: March 12, 2022, 06:50:01 pm »
I’d had a look around and found a similar deal with BT (although it didn’t have multi room and only Netflix standard), which was just over £100 and used that as my bargaining tool. Obvs didn’t mention the lack of multi room and downgraded Netflix, but I think it helped get us a better deal. I think being with them for so long also made a difference
We pay a fortune for a landline we never use….   Be we have to have it for our BT deal
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: March 12, 2022, 07:06:49 pm »
We pay a fortune for a landline we never use….   Be we have to have it for our BT deal
When I looked up the BT Packages they seem to be offering broadband without a landline now, so worth having a look as I’m not sure you’d get the above deal as a new customer

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #993 on: March 13, 2022, 09:34:04 pm »
Probably been asked before, so sorry, but we've moving house from where we have HD and want to go to Q at the same time: will we need to pay more or renegotiate?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: March 18, 2022, 10:38:48 pm »
Apple+ TV is free for 3 months with Sky.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #995 on: April 8, 2022, 10:51:23 pm »
Is anyone else have satellite signal issues tonight?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: April 23, 2022, 08:24:42 pm »

Signature
Sky Sports
BT Sports
Multiroom
Netflix
Broadband & boost
HD & UHD

Hey Duvva, thanks for posting this info.  Can I ask, does your package include Cinema?  I'm haggling with Sky at the moment as they want to put my package up to £150 - want to make sure I'm comparing apples with apples!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: April 23, 2022, 09:30:01 pm »
Hey Duvva, thanks for posting this info.  Can I ask, does your package include Cinema?  I'm haggling with Sky at the moment as they want to put my package up to £150 - want to make sure I'm comparing apples with apples!

Nope, we don’t have cinema with our package

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: April 23, 2022, 09:41:54 pm »
Cheers!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: April 23, 2022, 10:57:52 pm »

I have cinema and what Duvva mentioned but not multi room. I don't pay £150! That's crazy.