Author Topic: Europa Final  (Read 174441 times)

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
Re: Europa Final
« Reply #280 on: May 6, 2016, 01:32:34 pm »
Whats the consensus on those Flixbuses, have heard mixed reviews, my mate swears by them.

Sound. Power sockets, ale, bogs, wifi.
Long live the King

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 6, 2016, 01:36:10 pm »
Another massive limitation of having it somewhere like Basel is the lack of infrastructure to hold such an event. Been looking for a hotel for an hour and the best I can do is one 25 miles away...piss take

Airbnb!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: May 6, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »
Anybody considered campsites in Basel region.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #283 on: May 6, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
Do you reckon they'll allow a few cans on?
I should have booked the flight to Milan. Price gone up from Bristol now. I'm only in the ballot though.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 6, 2016, 01:45:55 pm »
Anybody considered campsites in Basel region.
OOOOOOH Matron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #285 on: May 6, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »
anyone had the email from LFC about applying for the ballot after having already applied? quite certain i saw the page say my application was made... yet in two minds to try again.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #286 on: May 6, 2016, 01:56:12 pm »
Anyone been with world choice sports before? What are they like?

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #287 on: May 6, 2016, 01:57:52 pm »
anyone had the email from LFC about applying for the ballot after having already applied? quite certain i saw the page say my application was made... yet in two minds to try again.
I did that, it just tells you that you've already registered.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: May 6, 2016, 02:02:07 pm »
I did that, it just tells you that you've already registered.
thanks mate

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #289 on: May 6, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »
all booked and sorted
ticket to be purchased on Monday - probably a phone call from my bank rregarding balance tuesday
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 6, 2016, 02:13:00 pm »
looks like its the 1600 mile round trip drive for us...

Stopping in Strasbourg day before and night of the match. Match day in Basel and then Thursday the sprint up through France from Strasbourg back to Calais for the tunnel back again.

Then of course the killer drive from Folkstone to the North West!

Keeps the cost down and its one of those adventures. would prefer to fly but missed the boat and now prices are rocketing

Offline wosman

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #291 on: May 6, 2016, 02:13:48 pm »
Ryanair have put flights on from Liverpool, currently £280 return

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #292 on: May 6, 2016, 02:18:12 pm »
Ryanair have put flights on from Liverpool, currently £280 return

Got a link, nothing on their website for me. Thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #293 on: May 6, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »
Air BNB confirmed. It's on! Anyone know how far the airport is to the town centre and best way of getting there other than taxi? The apartment I'm staying in is near the university.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline wosman

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #294 on: May 6, 2016, 02:24:45 pm »
Got a link, nothing on their website for me. Thanks.

I just searched for Liverpool to Switzerland and Basel pops up with flights 17-19th inclusive

Offline Shambles.....with a capital S!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • In it for the long haul. Come on you Reds.
« Reply #295 on: May 6, 2016, 02:27:45 pm »
Is anyone driving from London and is willing to take a straggler? Would love to go and experience the atmosphere there as there's no chance I'll get a ticket.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #296 on: May 6, 2016, 02:31:37 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 6, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »
I just searched for Liverpool to Switzerland and Basel pops up with flights 17-19th inclusive

Hmm, it won't let me select any dates when I put that in, will keep trying though, thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 6, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »
My airbnb confirmed as well   -   does anyone know if there is a way of transferring a booking.com room reservation with no cancellation fees to someone else - instead of just cancelling the rooms.

Hotel Bad Bubendorf

Kantonsstrasse 3, 4416 Bubendorf, Switzerland     #713 total for 2 rooms for 2 nights

thanks
« Last Edit: May 6, 2016, 03:03:07 pm by Tommypig »

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #299 on: May 6, 2016, 03:03:35 pm »
Hmm, it won't let me select any dates when I put that in, will keep trying though, thanks.

Try the app. It's only £250 if you fly home late Thursday.
Long live the King

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 6, 2016, 03:04:28 pm »
Try the app. It's only £250 if you fly home late Thursday.

Cheers :wave

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #301 on: May 6, 2016, 03:07:36 pm »
Flights, hotels and trains sorted via Geneva for £300.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 6, 2016, 03:41:09 pm »
My airbnb confirmed as well   -   does anyone know if there is a way of transferring a booking.com room reservation with no cancellation fees to someone else - instead of just cancelling the rooms.

Hotel Bad Bubendorf

Kantonsstrasse 3, 4416 Bubendorf, Switzerland     #713 total for 2 rooms for 2 nights

thanks7
just logon to booking.com and change name or just give the person going your conformation number wont be any problems i booked all our rooms for villarreal with them and didnt travel others had no problem with checkin

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 6, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »
its priority rights holders. it was a deal that was struck so fair play

reality is a lot of those people ( a few on here) are match going reds so the tickets aren't going to non attending supporters

stories like this always come out at Cup final time. The scandal is the 10k allocation not this in my opinion

As a PRH Holder myself the match going reds get sorted anyway so I end up with 2 as opposed to the 1 I should get, spare ends up in a mates hands but not really the right way of doing it.   

They also allow you to buy your right in other peoples name's as they do with other Euro Aways if they stop this it will be a more even keel.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #304 on: May 6, 2016, 04:03:23 pm »
its priority rights holders. it was a deal that was struck so fair play

reality is a lot of those people ( a few on here) are match going reds so the tickets aren't going to non attending supporters

stories like this always come out at Cup final time. The scandal is the 10k allocation not this in my opinion

The article makes it sound as though it was only through G&H purchasing the club that this deal was put in place, but shareholders
have always had rights for a cup final ticket.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #305 on: May 6, 2016, 04:15:38 pm »
Booked flights at 1020 last night via Skyscanner going from Birmingham to basel via Brussels Tuesday then coming back via frankfurt Thurs. Cost me £200 and had the email off Skyscanner straight away confirming it.
Had a email today off budgetair the company the seats were booked with via Skyscanner saying due to technical difficulties when booking the seats have been cancelled and they will refund money. I've just rang them and kicked off but they said flight is full now at them prices,it's over 350 now for same ones. They reckon the airlines put the prices up before Skyscanner got the seats yet I have a email off Skyscanner confirming the booking. There is no number anywhere for Skyscanner only email.  This was for me and 4 others as well. Nightmare

Offline sameold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 6, 2016, 04:49:46 pm »
Booked flights at 1020 last night via Skyscanner...

Did you get a ticket number? Three numbers, a dash, then more numbers?

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #307 on: May 6, 2016, 04:59:13 pm »
booking reference with BudgetAir is SBUK-0439832.     Yes mate that's it

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #308 on: May 6, 2016, 05:53:24 pm »
Flights sorted into/out of Basel but struggling with accommodation

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #309 on: May 6, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »
No official word anywhere, which end/sections LFC Allocate, (although 70% ground will be reds anyway)

Offline DaveyLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #310 on: May 6, 2016, 06:28:32 pm »
Booked flights at 1020 last night via Skyscanner going from Birmingham to basel via Brussels Tuesday then coming back via frankfurt Thurs. Cost me £200 and had the email off Skyscanner straight away confirming it.
Had a email today off budgetair the company the seats were booked with via Skyscanner saying due to technical difficulties when booking the seats have been cancelled and they will refund money. I've just rang them and kicked off but they said flight is full now at them prices,it's over 350 now for same ones. They reckon the airlines put the prices up before Skyscanner got the seats yet I have a email off Skyscanner confirming the booking. There is no number anywhere for Skyscanner only email.  This was for me and 4 others as well. Nightmare

Feel for you mate, I got burned like this before. Seems to be ok using skyscanner when prices are quite static for a normal flight but when there is an event and prices are fast moving you sometimes get stitched. For this reason I never use them now just use them to find flights then jump on the airlines website they suggest and book direct as long as price is the same.

If you have a booking number though I would definitely push them to see what they are going to do, not sure if you will get anywhere but good luck.
Form is temporary, Class is for life... Liverpool FC - All others forever in our shadow

Offline Mattj1979

• Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: May 6, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »
So despite qualifying for a ticket I've decided to swerve this one. All come down to cost and time off work  :'(

Fuck UEFA and their decision to have the final in fucking Basel!

I've been lucky enough to get to most of the aways this season so its someone else's turn, have a great trip one and all, see you in the CL next season  ;)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #312 on: May 6, 2016, 06:42:42 pm »
So despite qualifying for a ticket I've decided to swerve this one. All come down to cost and time off work  :'(

Fuck UEFA and their decision to have the final in fucking Basel!

I've been lucky enough to get to most of the aways this season so its someone else's turn, have a great trip one and all, see you in the CL next season  ;)
Cardiff 2017...

Offline Mattj1979

• Main Stander
« Reply #313 on: May 6, 2016, 06:43:45 pm »
Cardiff 2017...
You've cheered me up there mate

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #314 on: May 6, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »
You've cheered me up there mate

Imagine that. No-one would be left on Merseyside!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #315 on: May 6, 2016, 06:58:14 pm »
Went to book a flight on the Flybe website when I got in.....got to final Pay now button and it came up with an error message and returned me to the home page. Tried to remain calm and started again.... pressed pay now and it worked. Just to be sure I checked my emails - only to find BOTH had gone through!! So I now have TWO flights in my name - no warning that it was letting me do that!  :butt

Hence I didn't then book my mate's but will have to ring up 2moro and amend one - price will be much higher by then though PLUS a name change fee!!   :no

Just so annoying as wasn;t my fault. Just hope they are ok about it....  :-\

Rang up first thing and the woman I spoke to was really helpful. She had to check but then changed one to my mate's name FREE!! She said if I had rung 6 minutes later it would have been £40 each flight plus the difference between the flight costs then and when I rang!

Was on my way t the count and was sitting in a surgery garden with three little birds singing - sure it was an omen!! SO relieved! Nice one Flybe :wave
We are a team of one half.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #316 on: May 6, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »
Rang up first thing and the woman I spoke to was really helpful. She had to check but then changed one to my mate's name FREE!! She said if I had rung 6 minutes later it would have been £40 each flight plus the difference between the flight costs then and when I rang!

Was on my way t the count and was sitting in a surgery garden with three little birds singing - sure it was an omen!! SO relieved! Nice one Flybe :wave

Ha ha...."dont worry...bout a thing"  ;D

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 6, 2016, 07:07:17 pm »
Flying to Geneva on the tuesday coming back Thursday  190ish. Anyone else going from Geneva?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #318 on: May 6, 2016, 07:25:45 pm »
Ha ha...."dont worry...bout a thing"  ;D
Exactly what I started singing - and have been all day!

Deffo an omen this season that song....
We are a team of one half.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #319 on: May 6, 2016, 08:34:28 pm »
a lot of these airlines have flexible cancellation policies with 24-72 hours so managed to secure a booking on wednesday to zurich with Swiss air including trains to Basel for just under £200, that would've cost us £4 each if we had to cancel.

Do these posh airlines still do free Ale?