Author Topic: Killing Eve - BBC  (Read 17205 times)

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Re: Killing Eve - BBC
« Reply #120 on: June 3, 2020, 09:35:42 am »
I can't believe there's going to be another series of this - where else can the story go? 

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #121 on: June 3, 2020, 12:47:04 pm »
I can't believe there's going to be another series of this - where else can the story go?

She trains Konstantin's daughter to become a killer, seems she's already got the mindset. That's a guess, and no doubt wildly off the mark!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 3, 2020, 02:32:13 pm »
It was a really poor series. The ending was dreadful. I don't think they'll be able to film for a while either so they have time at least to try and get the last series hitting the standards of the 1st.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 3, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »
It was a really poor series. The ending was dreadful. I don't think they'll be able to film for a while either so they have time at least to try and get the last series hitting the standards of the 1st.

Is the next series the last one? Wouldn't mind it being shortened to 4 high quality episodes with Eve being murdered in the finale.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 3, 2020, 06:45:01 pm »
Sacking this off, that was a pile of shite.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 3, 2020, 07:04:37 pm »
We've binged this during lockdown (like all three series ;D). Third series definitely the poorest, but also had some of the best acting. I thought Jodie Comer was absolutely hilarious in the last episode. What a star she is. It felt like Series 3 was going to be the end of it, right until the last moment!

Spoiler
I was convinced one of them was going to jump.
[close]

I think it's set up for an interesting fourth season now.

Spoiler
I'm a bit sad they killed me off, though.  :(
[close]
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: June 4, 2020, 09:48:50 am »
Didn't dislike the 3rd season as much as others but jeeeez.. that last episode was just a great big ball of nothingness.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #127 on: June 4, 2020, 11:34:03 am »
Didn't dislike the 3rd season as much as others but jeeeez.. that last episode was just a great big ball of nothingness.
The Kenny story was a complete waste of time. Most of the series was apart from 1 or 2 episodes.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 4, 2020, 01:29:45 pm »
The Kenny story was a complete waste of time. Most of the series was apart from 1 or 2 episodes.

Spoiler
Yep.. It was like they got to the last episode and thought "oh shit, remember that guy who dies in episode 1 which at the time set up the whole premise for the season?! We best reference how that happened!"
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #129 on: June 4, 2020, 09:25:21 pm »
Spoiler
Yep.. It was like they got to the last episode and thought "oh shit, remember that guy who dies in episode 1 which at the time set up the whole premise for the season?! We best reference how that happened!"
[close]

Spoiler
"Oh hang on a minute, there's a webcam pointing at the door of this super-secret international spy agency! Of course!"
[close]
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #130 on: June 5, 2020, 02:50:58 pm »
I just finished S3 and thought overall it was a shambles. Very disappointing. And can they fuck that 'LOCATION IN MASSIVE CAPITAL LETTERS' shite prefacing each scene off please. Ta.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 5, 2020, 02:58:27 pm »
I just finished S3 and thought overall it was a shambles. Very disappointing. And can they fuck that 'LOCATION IN MASSIVE CAPITAL LETTERS' shite prefacing each scene off please. Ta.

Agreed, that was pissing me off too. It was subtle in the first series, a bit more in the second and then just on every scene in the third one.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #132 on: June 5, 2020, 03:25:04 pm »
Agreed, that was pissing me off too. It was subtle in the first series, a bit more in the second and then just on every scene in the third one.

The Europop that was quite cool and original one series one is also now getting a bit annoying.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #133 on: June 5, 2020, 09:30:12 pm »
It's actually very soothing to find that I am not the only one who is fucked off by this entire thing  ;D  Pointless but for Jodie.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #134 on: June 9, 2020, 01:48:34 pm »
We'll, that was poor.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2020, 11:36:02 am »
Started binging this Friday as its something I'd never watched but always being told to watch - lost interest half way through series two
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2020, 01:41:17 pm »
It's actually very soothing to find that I am not the only one who is fucked off by this entire thing  ;D  Pointless but for Jodie.

Thought the second series was really bad so came to check in if I should watch the third. It really is as simple as your last sentence. It's about 50/50 whether I bother

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2020, 02:45:17 pm »
I was disappointed with season 2, but from what I can read over here, season 3 is not even worth the time, is it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2020, 03:35:33 pm »
I was disappointed with season 2, but from what I can read over here, season 3 is not even worth the time, is it?

It's so bad that I wouldn't bother mate,hang on to see if 4 picks up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2020, 04:14:28 pm »

I'd like to think of something to encourage you to watch - it would be fun for you to be caught up so you could whinge about it like the rest of us :P - but other than that, I honestly can't think of a single reason. I'll watch it, because I have this condition/compulsion where I just can't stop watching a show once I've started, so I'm fucked, but you might want to pull the plug.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2020, 05:04:32 pm »
I think you could probably skip series 2 and 3 and it would have no major impact on the plot.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2020, 07:32:41 pm »
I think you could probably skip series 2 and 3 and it would have no major impact on the plot.

You could sum up season 3 in one sentence I reckon.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2020, 09:09:05 pm »
It's so bad that I wouldn't bother mate,hang on to see if 4 picks up.
I'd like to think of something to encourage you to watch - it would be fun for you to be caught up so you could whinge about it like the rest of us :P - but other than that, I honestly can't think of a single reason. I'll watch it, because I have this condition/compulsion where I just can't stop watching a show once I've started, so I'm fucked, but you might want to pull the plug.
Thank you lads, you have given me enough discouragement to skip this. I have enough great shows on my watchlist, to be wasting my time on some shite.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 3, 2020, 12:51:42 pm »
You could sum up season 3 in one sentence I reckon.

One word, shit.

Binged it all over the last few weeks, the seasons got progressively worse as it went on. Eve was annoying and the whole show was carried by Villanelle, with kudos to Constantin who I also thought was great.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #144 on: July 3, 2020, 02:12:47 pm »
One word, shit.

Binged it all over the last few weeks, the seasons got progressively worse as it went on. Eve was annoying and the whole show was carried by Villanelle, with kudos to Constantin who I also thought was great.

I gave season three a miss. Agree with the cast summary but the posh boss woman was irritating as well.

It'll be interesting to see what Jodie Comer comes up with next.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 3, 2020, 02:23:14 pm »

It'll be interesting to see what Jodie Comer comes up with next.

Just seen her in this Talking Heads remake on the BBC. She's brilliant in that aswell.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #146 on: July 3, 2020, 11:25:45 pm »
One word, shit.

Sadly correct, the first season, probably partly due to its uniqueness was absolutely fantastic, definitely lost its appeal but I imagine I'll stick with it for at least the next season as I struggle to give up once I start a series!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #147 on: July 6, 2020, 09:12:37 pm »
Another one of those shows that would have been hailed as a masterpiece had it been concluded in one series.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2022, 12:51:15 am »

'Killing Eve | Series 4 Trailer':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SPJZ39qK33M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SPJZ39qK33M</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2022, 06:51:10 am »
Are they still flogging this dead horse?

Comer is so talented, she should move on from this
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2022, 09:45:18 am »
Loved the first season, thought the second was good but treaded water and endured the third. Glad it's finishing, and have some hope that knowing this is the end might give them the ability to recapture some of what made it so great.

To be fair, even when it's not been particularly good, Comer is exceptional and always worth watching.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2022, 10:09:28 am »
Loved the first season, thought the second was good but treaded water and endured the third. Glad it's finishing, and have some hope that knowing this is the end might give them the ability to recapture some of what made it so great.

To be fair, even when it's not been particularly good, Comer is exceptional and always worth watching.

She is, her performances is the only reason to carry on watching. I wish she would do something fresh
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2022, 11:40:02 am »
Mad how downhill this went from season 1.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2022, 01:28:29 pm »
Found the whole idea of them having any kind of relationship utterly ridiculous from the point she murdered Bill in that club. I know Eve is weirdly besotted with her but I struggle to find it plausible that she'd still want to be with her after she brutally stabbed her friend to death.

I mean I know she's presented as the exciting, complicated type but she killed a kid in the first episode of the second series, which was needlessly dark. The whole thing went downhill rapidly after that point. Killing people like Niko's new girlfriend also felt stupidly gratuitous.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 5, 2022, 10:06:21 am »
Still worth watching for Jodie alone. She's utterly mesmerising.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 9, 2022, 03:28:18 pm »
I usually can't stop watching a series once I start, but this was so pointless that I didn't even record the new ones. And I feel fine.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #156 on: March 9, 2022, 04:58:08 pm »
I didn't even record the new ones.
And I feel fine.

Doesn't scan

Left out the new ones
And I feel fine...

dum dum de dum dum
dum dum dum dum
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2022, 10:50:28 am »
I haven't watched this or know anything about it, but I've heard it was a great show that's now crap - can anyone say if they would still recommend getting into this and is there a natural point where I could stop watching it if it does indeed become crap?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2022, 10:51:45 am »
I haven't watched this or know anything about it, but I've heard it was a great show that's now crap - can anyone say if they would still recommend getting into this and is there a natural point where I could stop watching it if it does indeed become crap?

First series is highly enjoyable, it all goes downhill from series two onwards.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2022, 10:54:29 am »
I usually can't stop watching a series once I start, but this was so pointless that I didn't even record the new ones. And I feel fine.

Yeah it takes something special to make me not want to carry on watching a series once it starts off well, but this managed it very easily. Watched the 1st episode of the new season and that was that. Done.