Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478594 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #4840 on: July 15, 2017, 08:58:36 am »
Like the look of the new Jaguar E-Pace and also the Model 3 Tesla. Seems a lot are trying to switch to electric now although most are god awful looking :/

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4841 on: July 15, 2017, 04:38:31 pm »
The Epace isn't electric

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4842 on: July 15, 2017, 06:15:17 pm »
The Epace isn't electric

I know, I just like that look of it :D

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4843 on: July 16, 2017, 12:45:38 am »
Aren't Volvo only making electric cars only from 2019? We could all be driving them in another ten years.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4844 on: July 16, 2017, 12:49:41 am »
Aren't Volvo only making electric cars only from 2019? We could all be driving them in another ten years.

Or not driving them at all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4845 on: July 16, 2017, 09:03:10 am »

I see ford converted the Focus to electric and it looks awful inside and out!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4846 on: July 16, 2017, 08:05:13 pm »
Aye and that, not something I'd like to see take off in all honesty.
I see ford converted the Focus to electric and it looks awful inside and out!
Makes you wonder who designs these things so badly sometimes.

Offline Static

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4847 on: July 16, 2017, 08:27:03 pm »
Audi A4 Avant S Line and Mica Red Classic Impreza. Past couple of years I've had a 540bhp Rx7 and a BMW Z4M Coupe.

Also had a Volvo S60 D5 thrown in there somewhere to mix it up a bit! lol

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4848 on: July 17, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »

Can't see it in my lifetime, at least not in the UK - our roads in their current design would make it impossible except on motorways. All roundabouts would have to be removed and every junction that wasn't a cross roads or perfect T would need remodelling.

The current driver aids aren't good enough. Our kid drives an MAN HGV, its got collision avoidance on it. He almost had an accident and a rollover on a tight bend, when the system kicked in and slammed on the brakes as it detected a car in front of him and within the danger area. That's fine, except the car was the other side of a fence in a car park, the software didn't understand that. I was driving a Scania artic a few weeks ago and as I pulled off the M74 onto a slip road, I've no idea what it detected as no-one was in front of me, it was possibly a car on the main carriageway, but all the alarms went off and it applied the brakes very suddenly.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4849 on: July 24, 2017, 02:28:23 pm »
Potential daft question - are the majority of Hybrids automatic?

Quite fancy getting a Hybrid, but they all appear to be autos...
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4850 on: July 24, 2017, 03:12:00 pm »

I had a quick Google and the Honda CR-Z is apparently the only one that exists. If you do a lot of stop/start driving, where the hybrids seem to only run on leccy (been in a coupe of Toyota Pious Taxis and they were hardly ever on the battery) then I'd say get an auto.I can see why you want a manual, out of stop/start traffic, my 2.2 diesel auto Jag does my head in a times as it holds a gear where I'd have changed up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #4851 on: July 24, 2017, 04:31:59 pm »
My midlife crisis  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:35:58 pm by pezzzer »
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #4852 on: September 1, 2017, 09:15:42 pm »
Considering replacing my car and getting a new one under the new diesel scrap page scheme.

Currently looking at maybe an A3 or a Sirocco - just wondering whether you would recommend either or have any other recommendations for similar cars.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #4853 on: September 2, 2017, 06:45:02 am »

Was a manual fan for years and my current car, E350 is an auto and I’d never change back. Feel like I’m in auto pilot at times let alone an automatic car. I’d say test drive some options but I’ve not had any issues shifting gears in mine

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4854 on: September 2, 2017, 07:36:09 am »
Was a manual fan for years and my current car, E350 is an auto and I’d never change back. Feel like I’m in auto pilot at times let alone an automatic car. I’d say test drive some options but I’ve not had any issues shifting gears in mine

I've got an X Type auto. I'm used to autos as I drive 12 speed Auto Scania trucks, but its my first auto car. I don't think I'd buy another manual car either, its so relaxing.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4855 on: September 2, 2017, 11:57:57 am »
Honda Civic 2.2,cracking car,and its a 2006 and so reliable.
Can fit a full size cycle in the boot,just drop the back seats.

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4856 on: September 4, 2017, 08:59:56 pm »
Anyone on here have any experiences of owning a Toyota GT86 or heard much about them? One of the salesmen at a local car dealer said they're quite hard on the oil etc

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4857 on: September 6, 2017, 12:05:56 am »
Anyone on here have any experiences of owning a Toyota GT86 or heard much about them? One of the salesmen at a local car dealer said they're quite hard on the oil etc

Nope but if they're the variable valve revvy sort of engine I expect they'll be (something akin to a VTEC of the mid nineties, and indeed the characteristics of the original ae86) they probably will go through oil faster than normal engines.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4858 on: September 6, 2017, 12:20:24 am »
Nope but if they're the variable valve revvy sort of engine I expect they'll be (something akin to a VTEC of the mid nineties, and indeed the characteristics of the original ae86) they probably will go through oil faster than normal engines.

I had a Civic Esi, 1.6 vtec. I loved that car.

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4859 on: September 6, 2017, 08:46:55 pm »
I had a Civic Esi, 1.6 vtec. I loved that car.

My brother had the same car, and one of my mates had a Vti (160bhp) was a proper quick little thing.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4860 on: September 7, 2017, 10:14:08 am »
always worth keeping an eye on oil

i know people who dont check theirs and its proved costly

i wouldnt rely on a warning light to come on either

as i do a lot of driving i check mine a lot, best advice for checking i think is to do it every time you get petrol or diesel at a station

or once a week at home
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #4861 on: September 7, 2017, 07:35:17 pm »
I might by a bog standard new car and put it into storage. It's obsoleteness is already on the horizon. Worth a few bob one day for the grandkids.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4862 on: September 7, 2017, 10:29:19 pm »
My brother had the same car, and one of my mates had a Vti (160bhp) was a proper quick little thing.
Had a VTI myself. Felt way quicker than it was on paper.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4863 on: September 8, 2017, 12:14:41 am »

It's because they were light. With three mates on board, it was not quick but with just me, I could make it dance.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4864 on: September 9, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »
Close to taking the plunge on an ML420.

Had a drive in one yesterday. Phenomenal piece of kit.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4865 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:46 am »

Yeah they really did, fuck all torque but quick when driving it to the limit (which happened a lot in his, the noise was addictive).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4866 on: September 10, 2017, 12:17:31 pm »
Close to taking the plunge on an ML420.

Had a drive in one yesterday. Phenomenal piece of kit.

Why the ML series? Have you tried the other 4x4's?

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4867 on: September 10, 2017, 01:51:08 pm »

They have a pretty bad rep (first and second generation, not sure about more recent), what age are you looking at?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4868 on: September 10, 2017, 03:21:47 pm »
They have a pretty bad rep (first and second generation, not sure about more recent), what age are you looking at?

The 2 'best' I've experienced are the Grand Cherokee, and the Merc.
Both use the Mercedes platform.
I need 4x4, and good ground clearance. I'd like to be able to get away with a car, but I just can't.
I need a vehicle to do a job, I suppose we tend to stick with what we know  :D
In an ideal world I'd have a van, and a car, but I can't justify two vehicles.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4869 on: September 10, 2017, 03:28:25 pm »
The 2 'best' I've experienced are the Grand Cherokee, and the Merc.
Both use the Mercedes platform.
I need 4x4, and good ground clearance. I'd like to be able to get away with a car, but I just can't.
I need a vehicle to do a job, I suppose we tend to stick with what we know  :D
In an ideal world I'd have a van, and a car, but I can't justify two vehicles.

Which 4x4's have you tried?

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4870 on: September 10, 2017, 04:00:26 pm »
Which 4x4's have you tried?

ML, Grand Cherokee. Owned.
Had a fortnight in a Santa Fe, don't laugh it was surprisingly capable.
Mate had an X5 which was no end of trouble, drove it a few times, good on road, but needed my Jeep to rescue it from less than 2 inches of snow, daft wheels and tyre combo didn't help.
Same mate went through Land Rover models like shit through a goose. Freelander has a tiny boot, and propshaft issues.
Disco's are not my thing, the older ones have a bullet proof engine, but fall apart around it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4871 on: September 10, 2017, 04:30:03 pm »
Compared to a jeep a box of cornflakes would seem well built.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #4872 on: September 10, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »
Shane, get a proper car.

Subaru.

I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4873 on: September 19, 2017, 11:40:17 am »
Just bought the 430D Xdrive Msport Coupe, had a 330D msport before, interior is a big upgrade, the noticeable difference is hitting potholes in the new car is far less painful that the 330D, the new 8 speed auto box is smooth as silk
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #4874 on: September 19, 2017, 12:37:49 pm »
Bit of a downgrade to what's on here, but finally got rid of the dodgy Fiat 500c and picked up a newish (66 plate) Kia Rio, ex-demo so only 500 miles on the clock and in very good condition, it's basically a Ford Fiesta.

It rained the other day, only had the car for two days, and when I put the side windows down to clear them they stayed wet when I raised the window.

I called the Kia dealer and they said that water clearing side windows weren't available on this car!  Now, I would have thought this was standard on all cars, it's surely part of the door design to stop water running down inside the door skin.

Anyone know if this is an optional feature?!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #4875 on: October 27, 2017, 12:27:17 pm »
What are opinions about diesel cars over the next 5 years? I’m having to make an investment into a big family car (probably 7 seats) and they’re nearly all diesel. Budget is about £15-20k and I’m worried that a diesel will plummet in value over that period. Problem is that there’s pretty much no alternative other than a kodiak.

I guess if diesel looks ok for now then do any of you drive a vw transporter? They look super expensive.

I can probably string my current car on for another 12-18 months but it’s not ideal. Would certainly wait if we think there’ll be more options at this point.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4876 on: October 27, 2017, 12:29:41 pm »
it is a bit concerning alright about diesels especially as i took out a loan to buy a 2016 one in march

i have a long warranty and repayment scheme so nowt i can do for now.

just see what happens nearer the time
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4877 on: October 27, 2017, 12:30:21 pm »
Really like the look of the new Vauxhall Insignia.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4878 on: October 27, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »
What are opinions about diesel cars over the next 5 years? I’m having to make an investment into a big family car (probably 7 seats) and they’re nearly all diesel. Budget is about £15-20k and I’m worried that a diesel will plummet in value over that period. Problem is that there’s pretty much no alternative other than a kodiak.

I guess if diesel looks ok for now then do any of you drive a vw transporter? They look super expensive.

I can probably string my current car on for another 12-18 months but it’s not ideal. Would certainly wait if we think there’ll be more options at this point.

Toyota do a 7 seat Prius Hybrid and Renault offer a 7 seat Megane.

Do you have a diesel now? Lad in work has just got rid of a 59 plate Seat Altea against a Golf (petrol) but he got £6k knocked off the new price due to some scrapage scheme VW are running. Might be worth looking to see if any of the 7 seat sellers have anything going on a Hybrid?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4879 on: October 27, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »

The kodiaq looks a very nice vehicle, but I thought the 7-seater started at 25k.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."