Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Brentford Mo 13’  (Read 16017 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Brentford Mo 13’
« Reply #360 on: May 7, 2023, 08:57:55 am »
Yet we got two yellow cards... and Brentford haven't been given a single yellow card for time wasting this season.
Bizarrely, they were time wasting themselves yesterday when losing 1-0. Probably thinking they could drag it out at 1-0 and snatch an equaliser at the death from a set-piece earned from yet another dive.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: May 7, 2023, 09:20:18 am »
There was a new Jürgen banner there in the Kop I hadn't seen before. Any images of that?

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #362 on: May 7, 2023, 09:34:35 am »
I was fuming at every freekick that Anthony Taylor awarded for each dive of theirs.

Now, after having had the luxury of sleeping on our 3 points, I reckon he did us a favour.  Brentford were single minded in their mission to buy fouls and actually forgot to play football.
The few times they played through balls and quick passing to their forwards, they caused us issues e.g the offside VAR gave correctly,  Mbueno had the ball in the net .
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #363 on: May 7, 2023, 09:55:10 am »
But they didn't, did they? They lost!

They relied on long balls, free kicks, long throws etc.....when what they really needed to do was exploit the space left by Trent in open play.

It was crap tactics from Franck and borderline cheating.

Certainly not a "breath of fresh air" IMO.

They barely had a shot on goal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 7, 2023, 09:59:22 am »
Putting aside Taylor being an utter wanker, I do think we manage games like that poorly. Late in the game we really could have done with some players exchanging slightly safer passes high up the pitch or taking opportunities to give everyone a breather and get organised. Instead we tend to just let it turn into a basketball match where our own defenders get put under pressure constantly, resulting in lots of opportunities for the opposition to dive and cheat. It was irritating seeing Henderson come on to offer a bit of leadership, only to see him repeatedly lose the ball and try to force passes that weren't on whenever we had a chance to relieve the pressure.

I also think that while some referees are biased, plenty are just incompetent, and while understand how to take advantage of that we seem to play like we've never dealt with an English referee before.

We've managed games poorly all season and that's what will need to change going into next season. New midfielders will be key to that, particularly with ball retention.  We need to slow games down more though, like everyone else does to us, while we always try to play at full throttle.

The last 2 games in particular though we've won 1-0 without the opposition really creating much, plus the fact we've played the 3 games in 6 days, so that's a bit more like previous seasons. It's just the game management still isn't quite there, although the confidence is improving with the wins.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #365 on: May 7, 2023, 10:18:18 am »
Good to scrap our way to victory though we really should've won this by 2 or 3. When people talk about Klopp showing respect to the refs, this is the reason he and others get so frustrated with them. It's not just the major incidents, its the small things that add up.

The Ali booking was ridiculous, why is it he got booked but other teams seem to get away with blatent time wasting from minute one? Give everyone a booking and it's fair, else its just bias coming into play.

Also it does seem like the more physical a team is, the easier they go down themselvess. It was pretty pathetic from them at times.

Hopefully Arsenal and West Ham will get results today to some pressure on the Utds.

Still cannot
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #366 on: May 7, 2023, 10:34:19 am »
The Konate booking was ridiculous too really. Had he booked Gakpo I don’t think anyone could have complained. But he booked Konate for kicking the ball away which if you see the replay, he did about a second after the foul and not long after the whistle at all.

Can only think Taylor did that because with Van Dijk also booked, it made our centre backs have to tread very carefully for the rest of the game, so they couldn’t be too front foot, therefore allowing Toney a bit more time and space. Sounds a bit paranoid but honestly not sure it is anymore.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #367 on: May 7, 2023, 10:36:53 am »
Whilst I welcome every 3 points especially for tight games like yesterday, we had long periods during the 2nd half where a lot of our players started to hide (could have been that they were gassed). We were slow to press, we lost out in many individual battles and we didn't support the player with the ball. That made our midfield so easy to pass around. When we did get the ball, we were far too slow to move it forwards.

One instant stood out for me. Salah had the ball near the wing and made a good job of holding off three of their players; nobody made themselves available for an easy pass to retain possession, Salah eventually lost the ball and Brentford mounted an attack. Things that this are small details but at times we seem to stop ding the basics and invite needless pressure.

Winning 6 games on the trot is excellent but we still have issues to sort out.
#JFT97

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #368 on: May 7, 2023, 10:54:27 am »
Whilst I welcome every 3 points especially for tight games like yesterday, we had long periods during the 2nd half where a lot of our players started to hide (could have been that they were gassed). We were slow to press, we lost out in many individual battles and we didn't support the player with the ball. That made our midfield so easy to pass around. When we did get the ball, we were far too slow to move it forwards.

One instant stood out for me. Salah had the ball near the wing and made a good job of holding off three of their players; nobody made themselves available for an easy pass to retain possession, Salah eventually lost the ball and Brentford mounted an attack. Things that this are small details but at times we seem to stop ding the basics and invite needless pressure.

I agree, I think some of them WERE gassed.

The second-half was a sh!t show anyway between those big Brentford lads being unsteady on their feet and Taylor stopping the game every three minutes - there was very little 'rhythm'.

Take the win... on to Leicester.

My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #369 on: May 7, 2023, 11:26:39 am »

it was pointless pressing because as soon as we got anywhere near a Brentford player, Taylor awarded them a free kick.

Think the players worked that out and stood off a bit, most of them were on a yellow card by then and Taylor was waiting to award a second yellow to one of them.

I thought we managed the game well, Brentford created nothing to trouble Ali in the second half. I don't even remember them having a shot on goal.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #370 on: May 7, 2023, 12:48:54 pm »
https://twitter.com/DanKennett/status/1655155185189105664

Not sure if that's been posted but it's crazy. 40 minutes of the ball being in play. Had a feeling it was quite bad yesterday but didn't expect that.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #371 on: May 7, 2023, 02:14:38 pm »

Not sure if that's been posted but it's crazy. 40 minutes of the ball being in play. Had a feeling it was quite bad yesterday but didn't expect that.

Brentford were as horrible a team as I've seen in a long while. It's a pity we couldn't smash them to pulp. Their coach will take encouragement from what happened yesterday and continue to make a mockery of football.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #372 on: May 7, 2023, 02:23:49 pm »
The Konate booking was ridiculous too really. Had he booked Gakpo I don’t think anyone could have complained. But he booked Konate for kicking the ball away which if you see the replay, he did about a second after the foul and not long after the whistle at all.

Can only think Taylor did that because with Van Dijk also booked, it made our centre backs have to tread very carefully for the rest of the game, so they couldn’t be too front foot, therefore allowing Toney a bit more time and space. Sounds a bit paranoid but honestly not sure it is anymore.

Booking a player for Kicking the ball away is pointless when using a multi ball system.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 7, 2023, 02:41:37 pm »
Booking a player for Kicking the ball away is pointless when using a multi ball system.
not if a player kicks or throws it somewhere where it remains on the pitch, but the team with the set piece has to take time to get it - think there should be more yellows dished out for that (and timewasting from keepers, and players blocking a free kick being taken quickly).

Unfortunately given the quality of refereeing by the end yesterday, it made the reasonable decision to book Konate (even though he let off Fabinho for the same thing just after half time) look stupid - as did booking Allison (so many players could have been booked for timewasting before him). I know they won't, but if the refs consistently booked keepers taking 20-30 seconds to get ball back in play then i'd ultimately be fine with it.

Ball being in play longer suits our team, as does rushing teams who are worse at buildup/distribution from the back, and more football per 90 is what i want as a supporter too (more timewasting bookings occuring in the first half would be great, might finally serve as a deterant if the refs aren't afraid to send players off because of worrying about the 'narrative'

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #374 on: May 7, 2023, 02:48:52 pm »

That's mental. 57m 04s of dead time. Almost an hour where no football was actually being played.

Brentford players went down every time one of our players even breathed on them - it was like there was a sniper in the crowd. Meanwhile, our players were getting pushed, pulled and kicked all over the pitch and staying on their feet (and rarely getting fouls given).

The difference between the best teams and the average ones is more than just the quality of the players, managers and tactics. It's about wanting to actually play football, instead of dragging it down to some sort of agricultural, turgid battle of attrition that we see so often in the so-called Best League in the World TM.

On a positive note, I actually thought we bullied Brentford at times, and it was good to see Virgil, Milner, Fabinho, Jota and Gakpo getting very physical, and leaving something on the player without getting sent off or causing a injury. As the commentator said - you definitely know when Milner has tackled you ;D. It made for a a very stop-start game, but its good to see us being a bit more snide and occasionally playing dirty against the more physical teams when we need to. Far too often we've lost the physical battle and the other team has sneaked a goal. I absolutely love Jota for being so physical and such a great wind-up merchant to the opposition - he knows exactly how to get under the skin of defenders without ever coming close to a red card. More of that please.

The other good point from yesterday is another win and clean sheet. Its true what they say, that when you've been playing badly and losing for much of the season, it really doesn't matter how you win. The fluidity will return, and we'll undoubtedly get some new players in the summer whilst also moving on players out of contract.

Our last 8 leagues games reads DDWWWWWW and 20 out of 24 points. It doesn't erase the disappointment of the first half of the season, but it shows we can can grind out results and that Jurgen can find solutions. Top 4 looks a long shot, but there's no shame spending a season in the Europa whilst we rebuild and Jurgen's Liverpool 2.0 takes shape.

Even before this good run, things have actually been improving since as far back as mid-February - even if the performances haven't always been great to watch. Following that dreadful 3-0 defeat to Wolves on February 4th, our league form has been P15 W10 D3 L2 F33 A14, including 8 clean sheets.

That's definitely a good platform to build from, and with (hopefully) 2 midfielders in the summer, a backup RB and a new CB, things could look very different in August. Onwards.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 02:52:05 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #375 on: May 7, 2023, 03:56:57 pm »
The squad are now on a short warm weather training break in Spain..

Nice!
« Last Edit: May 7, 2023, 03:59:28 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 7, 2023, 04:15:11 pm »
Liverpool have travelled to Spain to prepare for the final 3 games of the season!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 7, 2023, 04:18:32 pm »
We're in Barcelona on the date Div and Gini battered them.  ;D

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 7, 2023, 04:18:45 pm »

Konate was just an instinctive reaction to clear the ball as it was practically the same moment the foul was given anyway.

Taylor was out to do us yesterday pure and simple. A perfect storm of the national anthem booing, Klopp's war with Tierney last week and Liverpool chasing down United for 4th. He would have figured the booing would have been the story regardless.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #379 on: May 7, 2023, 11:31:53 pm »
The squad are now on a short warm weather training break in Spain..

Nice!

So am I!

Where is the squad?
#JFT97

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #380 on: May 8, 2023, 11:19:01 am »
Delighted with this win

Hard to tell if this revival is too little too late or a genuine rescue act

Last Time we did this (so many similarities to 2 years ago) we really made use of our 4th place finish

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #381 on: May 8, 2023, 11:22:24 am »
So am I!

Where is the squad?

On a short warm weather training break in Spain..

Sorry  :D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 8, 2023, 11:58:50 am »
So am I!

Where is the squad?

Someone said Barcelona
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #383 on: May 8, 2023, 12:29:08 pm »
Delighted with this win

Hard to tell if this revival is too little too late or a genuine rescue act

Last Time we did this (so many similarities to 2 years ago) we really made use of our 4th place finish

3rd place finish. ;)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #384 on: May 8, 2023, 09:50:48 pm »

The 'Liverpool to play the national anthem v Brentford.' thread is locked, so I'll post this in here...

'Abdication of leadership by Premier League and Liverpool FC':-

https://spiritofshankly.com/abdication-of-leadership-by-premier-league-and-liverpool-fc or https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1655560081352667136

'The playing of the national anthem before the match at Anfield on Saturday was met with a cacophony of disapproval, boos morphing into chants of Liverpool and eventually, after its abandonment, You’ll Never Walk Alone.

There will have been some who didn’t voice condemnation, but the majority did. And the Anfield crowd’s reaction will have surprised nobody. So why did the hierarchy of Liverpool FC decide to play it?

The club were left in a near-impossible situation. There was no mandate from the Premier League, just a “strong ‘suggestion” to play the anthem, and they must bear responsibility too. They are part of a working group to tackle tragedy chanting and have now potentially destroyed the good work done to this point by capitulating to pressure from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport with their “suggestion”.

So, LFC were damned if they did, damned if they didn’t, but they, with the PL,  knew what would happen and they also knew the consequences – the predictable, hateful bile regarding Hillsborough would be re-ignited all over social media.

It was hoped that the amazing collective efforts with Nottingham Forest and Leeds supporters over the past few weeks would be the start of a change in attitude from those quick to chant about Hillsborough and other tragedies. Unfortunately, the club’s insistence on playing it will, it seems, lead undoubtedly to an increase in hate chanting in the future.

Yet again survivors and the families and friends of the 97 people unlawfully killed at Hillsborough are subjected to a despicable backlash.

There is no logical step to the reprehensible trolling, but everyone connected to LFC knew it would happen. LFC could have and should have made the alternate decision and not played it.'
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #385 on: May 8, 2023, 10:07:50 pm »
Not sure what the club were supposed to do, if they had refused to play it that would have looked bad given that every other club played it at games.

They were left with little choice after the PL suggestion
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #386 on: May 8, 2023, 11:04:06 pm »
The 'Liverpool to play the national anthem v Brentford.' thread is locked, so I'll post this in here...

'Abdication of leadership by Premier League and Liverpool FC':-

https://spiritofshankly.com/abdication-of-leadership-by-premier-league-and-liverpool-fc or https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1655560081352667136

What a strange communique from SoS. It's very confused. The club was faced by "a near-impossible situation" and was "damned if they did, damned if they didn't" yet "should have made the alternate (sic) decision and not played it." Why?

I also find it bloody strange that SoS seem to think that Liverpool fans booing the National Anthem will encourage hate-chanting about Hillsborough. If that were really true then the supporters who booed the national anthem might need to take some blame upon themselves. But it isn't.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: May 8, 2023, 11:13:20 pm »
What a strange communique from SoS. It's very confused. The club was faced by "a near-impossible situation" and was "damned if they did, damned if they didn't" yet "should have made the alternate (sic) decision and not played it." Why?

I also find it bloody strange that SoS seem to think that Liverpool fans booing the National Anthem will encourage hate-chanting about Hillsborough. If that were really true then the supporters who booed the national anthem might need to take some blame upon themselves. But it isn't.
I don't know whether it will further encourage opposition to chant about Hillsborough, but I know for certain that the internet has been crawling with vermin suggesting sympathy over Hillsborough should now be withdrawn. I've shot a number of idiots down online this weekend who have been banging on about Hillsborough and Heysel. Plenty seem to feel that booing a song gives them free rein to abuse us over our grief.

Edit: I might add that I've also seen an awful lot of understanding and support regarding the booing and why it happened.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2023, 11:15:25 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 8, 2023, 11:30:06 pm »
I don't know whether it will further encourage opposition to chant about Hillsborough, but I know for certain that the internet has been crawling with vermin suggesting sympathy over Hillsborough should now be withdrawn. I've shot a number of idiots down online this weekend who have been banging on about Hillsborough and Heysel. Plenty seem to feel that booing a song gives them free rein to abuse us over our grief.

Edit: I might add that I've also seen an awful lot of understanding and support regarding the booing and why it happened.

I think that there is a majority of people now who are either apathetic or have a simmering antipathy towards (the monarchy)-media-billionaire led-political stooges charade which has been played out on the people (of all nations) particularly of late. That effort by the Leeds and Forest fans is just a microcosm of a change. I don't think there is any going back anymore. Of course there are malign-ignorant-angry bellends out there in all media landscapes who want to hate but I don't think it's reflective of people in general. My guess is there will be a real drop off in "victim abuse" thrown at Liverpool next season. I hope I'm right. Certainly no-one I spoke to about the whole episode really gives a hoot, in fact most laughed about it.
Of course if you look for the jackasses you'll find them but I don't think they are in any way the voice of the majority. Let's face it the Coronation itself is like a live episode of a Soap Opera and most folk treat it that way.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 9, 2023, 12:04:57 am »
I think that there is a majority of people now who are either apathetic or have a simmering antipathy towards (the monarchy)-media-billionaire led-political stooges charade which has been played out on the people (of all nations) particularly of late. That effort by the Leeds and Forest fans is just a microcosm of a change. I don't think there is any going back anymore. Of course there are malign-ignorant-angry bellends out there in all media landscapes who want to hate but I don't think it's reflective of people in general. My guess is there will be a real drop off in "victim abuse" thrown at Liverpool next season. I hope I'm right. Certainly no-one I spoke to about the whole episode really gives a hoot, in fact most laughed about it.
Of course if you look for the jackasses you'll find them but I don't think they are in any way the voice of the majority. Let's face it the Coronation itself is like a live episode of a Soap Opera and most folk treat it that way.
I hope you're right, Dougle. I really do.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #390 on: May 9, 2023, 03:45:17 pm »
Yeah, well said. I think this is true as well. Its optimistic, but justifiably so in my opinion....

I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #391 on: May 9, 2023, 06:32:35 pm »

a quality and insightful p[ice by Jonathan Liew in the Grauniad...

'Football fans, the national anthem and a battle for who controls the public space':-

Why would the Premier League ‘strongly suggest’ clubs mark the coronation? It’s all part of the eternal struggle for power

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/may/09/football-fans-booing-national-anthem-liverpool-anfield-premier-league-coronation

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576