Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433714 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #24400 on: February 26, 2019, 10:25:14 am »
Pellegrini talking about potentially resting players as they have a game on the weekend is already making me angry. Hints he might rest Anderson, really hope he isn't such a scumbag.

If the c*nt does that lets hope Rafa responds to us in kind in a few weeks.

Love Newcastle to win a ton of games from now so they are safe when we play them.  Wanted Newcastle to stay up anyway, but even more now.

Offline anoopvk

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #24401 on: February 26, 2019, 10:30:37 am »
Pellegrini talking about potentially resting players as they have a game on the weekend is already making me angry. Hints he might rest Anderson, really hope he isn't such a scumbag.
Can't find any issues from his point of view.
"We must turn from doubters to believers"

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #24402 on: February 26, 2019, 10:33:33 am »
Interesting...Rodgers to Leicester is now looking v likely.

Man City play their penultimate game v Leicester.

Rodgers will be itching to get one over on them for them beating him to the title in 13/14.

Over to Agent Rodgers ;)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #24403 on: February 26, 2019, 11:25:12 am »
Interesting...Rodgers to Leicester is now looking v likely.

Man City play their penultimate game v Leicester.

Rodgers will be itching to get one over on them for them beating him to the title in 13/14.

Over to Agent Rodgers ;)

yeah, cos Rodgers is so well known in having his teams defend well  ;D City forwards will hve a field day.

Only chance Liverpool have it doing it themelves, teams like Leicester, or West Ham are not going to help them.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24404 on: February 26, 2019, 01:46:38 pm »
Personally I would have preferred Puel against City than Rodgers. Rodgers is not capable of setting up his side defensively well enough.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24405 on: February 26, 2019, 02:22:08 pm »
If we are relying on City dropping points in their second last game at home to Leicester, I have some bad news for you all.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24406 on: February 26, 2019, 02:23:01 pm »
Fernandinho and Laporte expected to be out until the next international break according to Guardiola. That means they'll miss league games against West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford. Two very important players for them.

Also, Stones and Jesus not available for tomorrow night.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #24407 on: February 26, 2019, 02:28:41 pm »
Fernandinho and Laporte expected to be out until the next international break according to Guardiola. That means they'll miss league games against West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford. Two very important players for them.

Wow, those are some big losses. 

I do not think I have ever even uttered these words in my head --- but let's go West Ham.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24408 on: February 26, 2019, 02:30:13 pm »

Fantastic news.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #24409 on: February 26, 2019, 02:37:27 pm »

I do not think I have ever even uttered these words in my head --- but let's go West Ham.

Of course you have, in May 2014.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #24410 on: February 26, 2019, 03:04:09 pm »
Of course you have, in May 2014.

ahh yes, Payet and company.  My hypocrisy knows no bounds.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24411 on: February 26, 2019, 03:15:52 pm »
I'm not holding out much hope for West Ham tomorrow night, even with City's injuries.  I was more hopeful for the Bournemouth game but it seems they have a few injury problems of their own.  Is there any chance of Brooks and Wilson being back fit for the weekend or are we going to have to rely on Clyne and Solanke?

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24412 on: February 26, 2019, 03:17:33 pm »

Didn't the grim reaper looking twat Pellegrini say he would rest some players due to them having a match at the weekend? Their last game was Fulham at home where the likes of Anderson played 76 minutes and Arnautovic played 25 mins. Get your shit together, Manuel.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24413 on: February 26, 2019, 03:17:57 pm »
No Jesus is good as I think they’d have rested Aguero otherwise. He played the full 90 v Schalke and the full 120 v Chelsea. Hopefully he’s not been warming down properly!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24414 on: February 26, 2019, 03:18:02 pm »

Going on the unreliability of the injury predictions lately and bullshit talked I'd say thats just tomorrow missed at worst and two months at best.

That was some rallying call to his players banging on about how much they need to want it and not be tired or give excuses. Sounded a bit desperate an maybe he's been hearing lots of moaning about tiredness from the players after Sunday and he's trying to get them going again.

Am I right in saying Laporte has played in every game so far this season? If so he should be a massive miss too.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24415 on: February 26, 2019, 03:24:43 pm »
I'm not holding out much hope for West Ham tomorrow night, even with City's injuries.  I was more hopeful for the Bournemouth game but it seems they have a few injury problems of their own.  Is there any chance of Brooks and Wilson being back fit for the weekend or are we going to have to rely on Clyne and Solanke?

Brooks and Wilson still haven't resumed training. I'd say its unlikely they'll feature at the weekend. Stanislas and Steve Cook also out injured for them and Lerma misses their next two games due to clocking up 10 yellow cards. Not good from our point of view.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24416 on: February 26, 2019, 03:24:50 pm »

So tomorrow poor old Pip will only be able to put out:

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Zinchenko
Gundogan Silva DeBruyne
Sterling Auguero Sane

And still have Mahrez and Mendy in reserve.

Hell, maybe Foden will even get a run out!

I'm sure they'll just about cope at home vs the mighty West Ham.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24417 on: February 26, 2019, 03:28:19 pm »
But who's gonna commit the 20 cynical fouls to prevent breakaways in the absence of the shithouse Fernandinho?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24418 on: February 26, 2019, 03:28:33 pm »
So tomorrow poor old Pip will only be able to put out:

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Zinchenko
Gundogan Silva DeBruyne
Sterling Auguero Sane

And still have Mahrez and Mendy in reserve.

Hell, maybe Foden will even get a run out!

I'm sure they'll just about cope at home vs the mighty West Ham.

Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Laporte
Delph
Stones
Gundogan
B Silva
Sterling
Sane
Jesus

Good enough to beat the mighty Crystal Palace at home?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:40:33 pm by campioni »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24419 on: February 26, 2019, 03:40:59 pm »
Ederson
Walker
Otamendi
Laporte
Delph
Gundogan
B Silva
Sterling
Sane
Jesus

Good enough to beat the mighty Crystal Palace at home?

no wonder they lost, playing with just 10 players is hard even for City  ;D

I'm sure City will be fine. They have an immense squad, as they should have for the money they spent on it.

They had their big blip already. Up to Liverpool to get results. No one is going to help them, least of all West Ham United.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24420 on: February 26, 2019, 03:50:58 pm »
no wonder they lost, playing with just 10 players is hard even for City  ;D

I'm sure City will be fine. They have an immense squad, as they should have for the money they spent on it.

They had their big blip already. Up to Liverpool to get results. No one is going to help them, least of all West Ham United.

Its not about other teams helping Liverpool, West Ham will want to win to help improve their own league position. With City missing key players its more likely West Ham can get a result, thats not to say they will but I'd say they will definitely prefer to face the likes of Otamendi and Kompany at centre half rather than Laporte and Stones.

Do you think City will win their last 11 league games to make it 14 wins in a row?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24421 on: February 26, 2019, 05:10:17 pm »
Its not about other teams helping Liverpool, West Ham will want to win to help improve their own league position. With City missing key players its more likely West Ham can get a result, thats not to say they will but I'd say they will definitely prefer to face the likes of Otamendi and Kompany at centre half rather than Laporte and Stones.

Do you think City will win their last 11 league games to make it 14 wins in a row?
While it's unlikely it's not impossible given how well most of the top sides have done vs the rest this season and the winning runs they've put in. City also have a recentish history of being on terrific form during their title run ins. I think we're capable of a ridiculous run like that ourselves btw.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24422 on: February 26, 2019, 05:13:36 pm »
Anyone who thinks West Ham is getting something is clutching at straws. Looking at the team they'll be able to put out, you can barely see a drop off in quality even with Fernandinho and Laporte out. That and the small matter of Pellegrini wanting them to win it. I'm not saying West Ham will forfeit the match, but they'll be about half as fired up as they were when we played them and will probably already be looking ahead to playing Newcastle on the weekend which is a game they can get something from.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:15:07 pm by Caligula? »

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24423 on: February 26, 2019, 05:41:15 pm »
Anyone who thinks West Ham is getting something is clutching at straws. Looking at the team they'll be able to put out, you can barely see a drop off in quality even with Fernandinho and Laporte out. That and the small matter of Pellegrini wanting them to win it. I'm not saying West Ham will forfeit the match, but they'll be about half as fired up as they were when we played them and will probably already be looking ahead to playing Newcastle on the weekend which is a game they can get something from.

It's gonna be one of those moments in the season that gets replayed over and over as the city players look around themselves at full time after being shocked to a 1-3 defeat and the 'too many games/tired legs' narrative starts to unfold.  ;)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24424 on: February 26, 2019, 06:21:21 pm »
Any confirmed time frame for City’s latest injuries?

They will all be fit for their next game, unfortunately
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24425 on: February 26, 2019, 06:22:26 pm »

Not your usual optimistic self for this one?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #24426 on: February 26, 2019, 06:23:37 pm »

Think he's very optimistic about City's chances myself.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #24427 on: February 26, 2019, 06:28:06 pm »
My mate Richard is a big Hammers' fan and he's just told me they'll get a draw.

What a relief, I can tell you!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #24428 on: February 26, 2019, 06:44:01 pm »
My mate Richard is a big Hammers' fan and he's just told me they'll get a draw.

What a relief, I can tell you!

Thats more than good enough for me!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #24429 on: February 26, 2019, 08:00:50 pm »
Personally I would have preferred Puel against City than Rodgers. Rodgers is not capable of setting up his side defensively well enough.
His teams can press very well on their day though, especially in leage games- and we know this. We felt it when he was at Swansea and it was a shock, then we experienced it many times when he was with Liverpool- especially against City.

They can press and they can score quite a bit in league games- and Leicester have some decent players, to be honest. Not saying they'll win and he doesn't have enough time but he'll drill them for the press. I won't rule out an upset.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:04:01 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24430 on: February 26, 2019, 08:17:16 pm »

It's just beginning to sound a bit like 2014 in here after the Chelsea match when everyone was clutching at straws hoping City would drop points to a bunch of shite sides. They didn't. We just have to do our part and maintain any sort of lead over them and stop hoping they drop points in games they won't. It's still in our hands.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #24431 on: February 26, 2019, 08:19:26 pm »
It's just beginning to sound a bit like 2014 in here after the Chelsea match when everyone was clutching at straws hoping City would drop points to a bunch of shite sides. They didn't. We just have to do our part and maintain any sort of lead over them and stop hoping they drop points in games they won't. It's still in our hands.

Shouldn't we be hoping they drop points in every game though. Obviously they won't but there's nothing wrong with us hoping they do.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24432 on: February 26, 2019, 08:21:49 pm »

So because they didn't then it's automatically guaranteed that they won't now? They did drop points [they dropped points to Sunderland] we just dropped more than they did.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24433 on: February 26, 2019, 08:22:54 pm »

What teams have they dropped points to this season?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24434 on: February 26, 2019, 08:24:20 pm »

Big difference between 3 games and 11 though. I’d be very surprised if either of us won all 11 from here. If they do then fair play. I strongly expect City to win tomorrow but you never know, and I til they go 2 up there’s always a glimmer of hope as West Ham do at least carry a goal threat.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24435 on: February 26, 2019, 09:25:57 pm »
What teams have they dropped points to this season?

Wolves
Liverpool
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Liecester
Newcastle

Dropping points every 4.5 games. They aren’t the same team as last year, but that was never going to happen again.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24436 on: February 26, 2019, 09:29:58 pm »
Wolves
Liverpool
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Liecester
Newcastle

Dropping points every 4.5 games. They aren’t the same team as last year, but that was never going to happen again.

Injuries mounting up too:-

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24437 on: February 26, 2019, 10:49:57 pm »

I think he will surprise people this season with how adaptable he is.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24438 on: February 27, 2019, 12:48:50 am »
I think he will surprise people this season with how adaptable he is.

I am still having nightmares from the abomination against Stoke.

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #24439 on: February 27, 2019, 03:44:34 am »
Shouldn't we be hoping they drop points in every game though. Obviously they won't but there's nothing wrong with us hoping they do.

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”