Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433747 times)

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #24361 on: February 24, 2019, 10:46:12 pm »
West Ham have two extra days rest, City with injuries off the back of 120 minutes. Just a shame they won to go forward on a high.
After our horrendous form after winning the League Cup a few seasons back, I'm convinced players at big clubs don't give a shit about it really.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #24362 on: February 24, 2019, 11:20:44 pm »
Missed the match - were they shite or were Chelsea good? Bit mad they beat them 6-0 two weeks ago!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24363 on: February 25, 2019, 04:57:43 am »
Them going to ET and having 2 key players injured could make a difference.  Sadly, their upcoming few fixtures are all what you would assume as 3 pointers for them. We thought that against Newcastle and Palace too though, so lets see.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24364 on: February 25, 2019, 06:12:09 am »
Was Pip the humanitarian wearing his little yellow ribbon again?, or is he banned?

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24365 on: February 25, 2019, 08:39:51 am »
Them going to ET and having 2 key players injured could make a difference.  Sadly, their upcoming few fixtures are all what you would assume as 3 pointers for them. We thought that against Newcastle and Palace too though, so lets see.

Not so sure. Just looking at Watford (our next opponents incidentally), if Fernandinho is absent for them by that point, it may cause problems for them.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24366 on: February 25, 2019, 08:56:48 am »
Not so sure. Just looking at Watford (our next opponents incidentally), if Fernandinho is absent for them by that point, it may cause problems for them.

Both sides should and would expect to beat Watford at home if they want to win the title.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24367 on: February 25, 2019, 09:06:12 am »
Pellegrini is spreading his arse cheeks as we speak

The way they treated him? I can imagine he wants to ram everything he can down their throats.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #24368 on: February 25, 2019, 09:45:47 am »
Heavy legs, and WHU will be up to it. It could start becoming interesting again.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24369 on: February 25, 2019, 10:00:59 am »
Both sides should and would expect to beat Watford at home if they want to win the title.

Expectation and actual reality are two different things. They actually had a hard time at Watford earlier in the season, and so did we. They aren’t necessarily a team you roll over just like that.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24370 on: February 25, 2019, 01:52:58 pm »
West Ham won in decent fashion on Friday night, ie coming back from adversity. They also looked really good against us and have had 2 extra days rest and a much easier physical effort than City. If Fernandinho alone is missing even just for this fixture, it could definitely be tricky for City.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24371 on: February 25, 2019, 02:13:16 pm »
The way they treated him? I can imagine he wants to ram everything he can down their throats.

"I want City to win the title"

Is what he said not that long ago so I am not sure he's arsed.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24372 on: February 25, 2019, 02:20:14 pm »
I'm not holding out too much hope for West Ham. Do wonder about the bournemouth fixture though.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #24373 on: February 25, 2019, 02:32:41 pm »
I'm not holding out too much hope for West Ham. Do wonder about the bournemouth fixture though.
No Fernandinho (they've shown how much they need him as the 3 games he missed they dropped points), Ex manager returning, F.Anderson raising game for shop window - some of them will feel the 120 in their legs.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Korbflechter

• Main Stander
« Reply #24374 on: February 25, 2019, 02:56:59 pm »
Pellegrini is spreading his arse cheeks as we speak

Well, even if so, he doesn't play. And he surely won't leave his best players out. And most definitely won't tell them to hand City the points. So I'd like to believe his background with those is not going to affect the game really.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24375 on: February 25, 2019, 03:07:02 pm »
Well, even if so, he doesn't play. And he surely won't leave his best players out. And most definitely won't tell them to hand City the points. So I'd like to believe his background with those is not going to affect the game really.

I'd hope so.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24376 on: February 25, 2019, 03:24:31 pm »

What a prick.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #24377 on: February 25, 2019, 03:38:30 pm »
His quote was

“If we win, I will be very happy for our club first because we need a good performance against the leaders,” Pellegrini was quoted by Liverpool Echo as saying ahead of West Ham’s clash with Liverpool.

“After that, if we can give a hand to Manchester City, it’s not our problem, but of course I am a fan of Manchester City also.”

So I don't think he'll bend over, but it's still a shitty thing for a manager to say.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24378 on: February 25, 2019, 03:48:38 pm »
City have put 4 or more past West Ham in four of the last five matches between the two, so I don’t think anyone should be getting carried away with City having an injury or two.

In cricketing parlance West Ham are Man City’s bunny. They are the one team City would want to be facing at this time. I think it’s an easy Man City win and wouldn’t be surprised to see them stick another 4 past them.

We just need to do our job.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24379 on: February 25, 2019, 03:48:40 pm »
Pellegrini was always pretty classy I thought, too classy for them spoilt undeserving dickheads anyway. I wouldn’t expect him to have a go at City even if they did treat him shabbily.

Unlike Jose or someone like that, who would be motivated by sheer spite and seek revenge it’s probably just another game for him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24380 on: February 25, 2019, 04:08:19 pm »
Pellegrini was always pretty classy I thought, too classy for them spoilt undeserving dickheads anyway. I wouldn’t expect him to have a go at City even if they did treat him shabbily.

Unlike Jose or someone like that, who would be motivated by sheer spite and seek revenge it’s probably just another game for him.
See his comments about Klopp after the game and let me know how you feel

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #24381 on: February 25, 2019, 04:15:20 pm »
4 days rest for West Ham is a normal interval, but only 2 is a problem for City.

Klopp was very unhappy when we only got 2 days off at New Year a couple of seasons ago. Trips to Burnley and another year to Sunderland worried the hell out of him as he insisted 3 days rest was the minimum.

City have a big squad but with injuries and 120 minutes played it will be interesting to see what team is chosen. Will playing again so soon cause muscle injuries?

I would not bet on City for this one.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 04:17:00 pm by redtel »
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #24382 on: February 25, 2019, 04:18:00 pm »
4 days rest for West Ham is a normal interval, but only 2 is a problem for City.

Klopp was very unhappy when we only got 2 days off at New Year a couple of seasons ago. Trips to Burnley and another year to Sunderland worried the hell out of him as he insisted 3 days rest was the minimum.

City have a big squad but with injuries and 120 minutes played it will be interesting to see what team is chosen.

That was because it was 48 hours between the games, City have 74~ hours between the final ending and playing west ham
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #24383 on: February 25, 2019, 04:39:05 pm »

Mark Noble wants us to win though, and hopefully he has more sway being on the pitch!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24384 on: February 25, 2019, 04:50:08 pm »
If Rodgers was managing West Ham he would, I am sure, say he would prefer us to win the title. But I also am sure he'd want to prove a point by getting one over on us.
I don't see why it would be different for Pellegrini.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24385 on: February 25, 2019, 04:53:38 pm »
Is Samir Nasri still injured? He seems to me like the kind of snidey little c*nt that, for no real reason, might put a bit more effort in an attempt to piss off a former club.  Proper little gobshite.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24386 on: February 25, 2019, 05:25:27 pm »
If Rodgers was managing West Ham he would, I am sure, say he would prefer us to win the title. But I also am sure he'd want to prove a point by getting one over on us.

Saying it in public before playing one of the rivals is not what you should be doing, the same goes for Rodgers.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #24387 on: February 25, 2019, 05:58:04 pm »

not when it comes to Jürgen Klopp, he still holds a right mad grunge against him from his Malaga days! 

Anyway, apparently a Schalke fan has been arrested for the attack on the city fan. He (Schalke fan) is a member of their nasty Hugos ultras.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #24388 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:34 pm »
not when it comes to Jürgen Klopp, he still holds a right mad grunge against him from his Malaga days! 

Anyway, apparently a Schalke fan has been arrested for the attack on the city fan. He (Schalke fan) is a member of their nasty Hugos ultras.

I remember that mad game. Also the interview they did with Klopp where the interviewer says they're saying that goal was offside and he looks at him in such funny way. It makes me laugh everytime. Here it is.  ;D

https://youtu.be/TknSIZJOsCA
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24389 on: February 25, 2019, 07:03:43 pm »
I remember that mad game. Also the interview they did with Klopp where the interviewer says they're saying that goal was offside and he looks at him in such funny way. It makes me laugh everytime. Here it is.  ;D

https://youtu.be/TknSIZJOsCA
I miss seeing Klopp in a suit, he should wear it when we win the league

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24390 on: February 25, 2019, 07:20:47 pm »

City have a big squad but with injuries and 120 minutes played it will be interesting to see what team is chosen. Will playing again so soon cause muscle injuries?

The game is over before it's even started. This is one of those matches that West Ham have already written off and are looking ahead to the next one after that. Pellegrini wants City to win the title so I doubt they'll be as fired up for this as they were against us. City will win this even if they play their reserves.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #24391 on: February 25, 2019, 07:28:11 pm »
I miss seeing Klopp in a suit, he should wear it when we win the league

And then walk away if he's got any sense.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24392 on: February 25, 2019, 10:40:03 pm »

rodgers was delighted after getting knocked out of the Europa the other day so he’d probably say much worse

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #24393 on: February 25, 2019, 10:50:17 pm »
I like the West Ham upset, myself. Some kind of combination of the quick turnaround, the pressure drop from a final, and the law of averages. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #24394 on: February 25, 2019, 11:30:27 pm »
I like the West Ham upset, myself. Some kind of combination of the quick turnaround, the pressure drop from a final, and the law of averages. 

Haven’t you heard? Man City are winning every game until Doomsday, while we are losing every game.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24395 on: February 26, 2019, 12:30:00 am »

Pellegrini’s record against Guardiola teams is pretty bad, but there are circumstances that may make this more difficult for City. 

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24396 on: February 26, 2019, 12:30:42 am »
Any confirmed time frame for City’s latest injuries?

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24397 on: February 26, 2019, 05:33:58 am »
The game is over before it's even started. This is one of those matches that West Ham have already written off and are looking ahead to the next one after that. Pellegrini wants City to win the title so I doubt they'll be as fired up for this as they were against us. City will win this even if they play their reserves.

Sorry, but thats absolute nonsense. I don't think Hammers fans or owners could care less who wins the league between us or City. If he throws the game, he will have more problems than if we win the league. I don't think he dislikes us or likes City so much he would throw the game. He may have a preference, but certainly won't throw it. I can understand the worry about the likes of the Bitters and United, but a mid table team from London? Really?

In saying that, they probably will lose, as City are usually fantastic at home and have probably the best squad in football.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24398 on: February 26, 2019, 08:53:57 am »
Any confirmed time frame for City’s latest injuries?

No doubt find out early afternoon during Pep's presser.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24399 on: February 26, 2019, 10:21:17 am »
Pellegrini talking about potentially resting players as they have a game on the weekend is already making me angry. Hints he might rest Anderson, really hope he isn't such a scumbag.