Author Topic: Battle Honours?  (Read 5350 times)

Offline stork

• Boys Pen
  • The past points the way to the future
Battle Honours?
« on: October 10, 2006, 01:52:49 am »
Being an old bugger and veteran of many campaigns  ::)

I've attended quite a lot of cup finals with the Reds and have begun to wonder how many other people on RAWK have attended?

I remember watching a guy on one of the Sky reports just after the Chelsea game saying that he was going to Istanbul, that he'd seen "them all" and that Istanbul would be the tenth time he'd been to a European final with Liverpool.

I wonder just how long the collective memory and support goes back out there?

Does anyone go back to the Arsenal FA Cup final 1950?

Anyone go back to Leeds at Wembley in the 65 cup final?

Did anyone go to Borussia Dortmund in the Cup Winners Cup in Glasgow in 66?

Who has been to all ten league cup finals?

Who has been to all six European Cup Finals?

I know that there are a few, maybe many, of you out there who have supported the Reds for donkey's years.

No disrespect to the newer supporters, or those on here who have maybe never even seen the Reds live. We are all REDS. I just wonder how many there are out there who have walked many a mile and been there to see it. Good or bad.

We've won 43 major trophies in our history. Most of those have come from the 60's onward

Which of you has been there, seen it and got a collection of tee shirts to prove it?

Are there any out there who have seen everything from the days of Shankly?

When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm there's a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark. Walk on, through the wind, walk on through the rain, though your dreams be tossed and blown, Walk On, WalkOn, with Hope In Your Heart and You'll Never Walk Alone.      JFT96. YNWA.

Offline ianation

• Anny Roader
  • PSN: ianation
Re: Battle Honours?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 02:09:49 am »
been to hundreds of games over the last 20 odd years, but never made it to a final  :sad :sad :sad
PSN: ianation

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 07:15:08 am »
Being an old bugger and veteran of many campaigns  ::)

I've attended quite a lot of cup finals with the Reds and have begun to wonder how many other people on RAWK have attended?

I remember watching a guy on one of the Sky reports just after the Chelsea game saying that he was going to Istanbul, that he'd seen "them all" and that Istanbul would be the tenth time he'd been to a European final with Liverpool.

I wonder just how long the collective memory and support goes back out there?

Does anyone go back to the Arsenal FA Cup final 1950?

Anyone go back to Leeds at Wembley in the 65 cup final?

Did anyone go to Borussia Dortmund in the Cup Winners Cup in Glasgow in 66?

Who has been to all ten league cup finals?

Who has been to all six European Cup Finals?

I know that there are a few, maybe many, of you out there who have supported the Reds for donkey's years.

No disrespect to the newer supporters, or those on here who have maybe never even seen the Reds live. We are all REDS. I just wonder how many there are out there who have walked many a mile and been there to see it. Good or bad.

We've won 43 major trophies in our history. Most of those have come from the 60's onward

Which of you has been there, seen it and got a collection of tee shirts to prove it?

Are there any out there who have seen everything from the days of Shankly?

I've been in touch with "26 and Counting" and as the name suggest he's attended 26 finals,myself i've attended 24 finals the Troops have contested,winning 18 of them!!!!!!

BTW that's not counting replays or Super Cups!!!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 07:06:02 pm by Durango »

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 09:32:59 am »
I've been in touch with "26 and Counting" and as the name suggest he's attended 26 finals,myself i've attended 24 finals the Troops have contested,winning 18 of them!!!!!!

Correct, Mr.Durango and I have compared notes.

I too have witnessed 18 victories in the finals I've attended. 3 were draws and only 5 defeats. Obviously I've missed some finals too and I'm including a couple of League Cup final replays in my 26. ( Forest at Old Trafford in 78 and the blueslime at Maine Road in 84 )

I can't claim to have been to the Cup Winners Cup final in 66 nor the first FA cup win in 65.

There must be plenty more people out there who have similar, or better records?

Like the first post suggests, are there people out there who have maybe been to all the European finals from 66 onward?

Offline stork

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 08:16:46 pm »
Thanks for the responses but I was expecting many more of you out there to be in the same sort of position?

Like I said in the original post, most of our success has come since the 60's and I had assumed that there were many people out there who had been to many of our cup finals.

No returns yet from anyone who went to the Cup Winners Cup final at Hampden?

40 years ago yes, but nobody go with their Dad etc?

I was only a kid at the time but remember it and the 65 final against Leeds.

When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm there's a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark. Walk on, through the wind, walk on through the rain, though your dreams be tossed and blown, Walk On, WalkOn, with Hope In Your Heart and You'll Never Walk Alone.      JFT96. YNWA.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 02:20:54 am »

40 years ago yes, but nobody go with their Dad etc?

Even if anyone went at aged 15 they'd be 55 now. How many rawkites are of that era?

looks like very few.  :'(

Even so, there must be a few people out there who have Dad's or Grandads etc who went to the likes of Hampden in 66 and Wembley in 65?

Be nice to hear a few stories. Those were the really great days. Everything was new to us then.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:07:23 pm »
I've always gone to the match with family from an early age, but since I became a regular at 14 years old in approx 1984, my record is:

1984 LC. (replay)      Won.
1986 FAC                 Won.
1987 LC                   Lost.
1988 FAC                 Lost.
1989 FAC                 Won.
1992 FAC                 Won.
2001 LC                   Won.
2001 FAC                 Won.
2001 UEFA C            Won.
2003 LC                   Won.
2005 LC                   Lost.
2005 UEFA CL           Won.
2006 FAC                 Won.

Thats 13 finals.
10 Wins
3 Loses.

Taking into account that I was unemployed for 3 years in the mid 90s, so did not have the cash to attend the 95LC and the 96 FAC finals.

I've also been to 2 UEFA Super Cups( 2001. 2005), both wins. And was fortunate enough to be able to afford to go to the 2005 World Club Championships in Japan.

And if you are asking, then 8 Charity shields.........

But hey! at 36 years, I'm a mere slip of a lad to you old coffin dodgers :P

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:39:30 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 04:04:08 pm »
Admittedly not as impressive as some but as Richie pointed out age is the major factor and at 29 I'm a whippersnapper in comparison. Still I feel equally blessed and proud to have been at the following:

1992 FA Cup Final                                 Won
1992 Charity Shield                               Lost
1995 League Cup Final                           Won
1996 FA Cup Final                                 Lost
2001 League Cup Final                           Won
2001 FA Cup Final                                 Won
2001 UEFA Cup Final                             Won
2001 Charity Shield                               Won
2002 Charity Shield                               Lost
2003 League Cup Final                           Won
2005 League Cup Final                           Lost
2005 Champions League Final                  Won
2005 UEFA Super Cup                            Won
2005 FIFA World Club Championship          Lost
2006 FA Cup Final                                 Won

Total number of games attended 457.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:08:28 pm by cornelius »

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 04:31:21 pm »
I've been lucky enough to have seen all of our  finals bar one, some on TV and some at the ground. All since 1950 anyway.

My first final was the losing 1950 one, which I watched as a little kid on a small 12" b&w tele in Essex.My Dad and Uncle had tickets for Wembley and we travelled down by bus overnight (8hrs!) and I was taken to a relative in Essex where they were all Gunners. Nobody had a tele in Liverpool that we knew.

I will never forget the lump in my throat at the final whistle as they all cheered.

Went to Hampden in '66, where it poured down all day. Another gut ending when Rowdy only succeeded in putting the ball in our net when trying to clear,and we lost 2-1. Several Germans in that Dortmund team played in the WC Final a few months later.

I couldn't get a ticket for the '65 Final, but we did have a tele then (we were rich by now) and the feeling was a lot like '77 when we won after years of trying. It may be hard to realise now what it was like pre '65 when we hadn't ever won a cup. We got some stick off  the bluenoses.

I remember the '86 and '88 Finals as the most contrasting. I couldn't stop laughing as Jockey lifted the trophy to complete the double such was my elation. It made it perfect that it was against them.

Then the despair travelling back after the 0-1 when we thought we must win.I'd lost my Dad a few weeks before, so it was not a good month. I think that was the only penalty that I saw Aldo miss.

I thought I had seen everything our Reds could achieve and then came the 21st century heroics.   5-4, 6-5 , and 6-4. I must have a strong heart!!!

Lets hope that Final count continues to rise.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:41:45 pm by redtel »
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 07:13:21 pm »

But hey! at 36 years, I'm a mere slip of a lad to you old coffin dodgers :P

Cheeky Git.  ;D

My first final was the losing 1950 one, which I watched as a little kid on a small 12" b&w tele in Essex.My Dad and Uncle had tickets for Wembley and we travelled down by bus overnight (8hrs!) and I was taken to a relative in Essex where they were all Gunners. Nobody had a tele in Liverpool that we knew.

I will never forget the lump in my throat at the final whistle as they all cheered.

Went to Hampden in '66, where it poured down all day. Another gut ending when Rowdy only succeeded in putting the ball in our net when trying to clear,and we lost 2-1. Several Germans in that Dortmund team played in the WC Final a few months later.

I couldn't get a ticket for the '65 Final, but we did have a tele then (we were rich by now) and the feeling was a lot like '77 when we won after years of trying. It may be hard to realise now what it was like pre '65 when we hadn't ever won a cup. We got some stick off  the bluenoses.

I'd lost my Dad a few weeks before

I thought I had seen everything our Reds could achieve and then came the 21st century heroics.   5-4, 6-5 , and 6-4. I must have a strong heart!!!

Lets hope that Final count continues to rise.

Respect mate. Saw the 1950 final - you certainly have seen the lean times become the great days.

Hampden 66 my mate went to that, as a teenager.

65 against Leeds. People DO forget that until 1977, that win over Leeds was THE day in our history.

I too lost a parent just after the treble in 01.

And yes, the 21st century has seen some epics. Long may it continue.

Let's hope we ALL get plenty more chances at attending finals with the REDS.

:wave
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:16:56 pm by 26 Finals and Counting... »

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 10:36:25 pm »
Thanks 26 ...       :wave

Yeah, the lean times were in the boys pen as we finished 3rd or 4th in Div 2 each season. That thread about the pen was a beaut as I had forgotten about some of the stuff that went on in and around it.  The great escapes via the rafters.  ;)
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 10:40:47 pm »
been to hundreds of games over the last 20 odd years, but never made it to a final  :sad :sad :sad
How come, you poor bastard?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline stork

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 05:02:32 pm »
Some proud records on here. Well done to all concerned. Must be more people out there though with similar records? Nice to see someone posting that remembers watching the cup final in 1950 and went to our first European final in 66.

No-one been to all 6 European Cup/ Champions League finals?

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 07:12:33 pm »
Some proud records on here. Well done to all concerned. Must be more people out there though with similar records? Nice to see someone posting that remembers watching the cup final in 1950 and went to our first European final in 66.

No-one been to all 6 European Cup/ Champions League finals?

The only European final i've missed was Dortmund in 1966,been to 3 UEFA Finals and 6 European Cups/Champions League,9 Euro finals in total.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:22:29 pm by Durango »

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 07:42:17 pm »
Mine's 2 Uefa Cups, 5 European Cups - 7

( Super Cup makes 8  ;) )

One good thing about this thread is it's a MANC FREE ZONE:lickin

:lmao

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 07:48:41 pm »
..and still every one forgets!

THE SCREEN SPORTS SUPER CUP FINAL!!!!!!!

24 finals for me!...and yes Im including that one!!

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 07:55:16 pm »
..and still every one forgets!

THE SCREEN SPORTS SUPER CUP FINAL!!!!!!!

24 finals for me!...and yes Im including that one!!

People think Salman Rushdie is in hiding because of a fatwa.

Wrong, it's because someone threatened to expose the fact he went to the Screen Sport Super Cup Final...

;D :wave

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 09:00:24 pm »
People think Salman Rushdie is in hiding because of a fatwa.

Wrong, it's because someone threatened to expose the fact he went to the Screen Sport Super Cup Final...

;D :wave

Along with 20,000+  Reds at Goodison....7-2 on aggregate I think....I always like to remind the Blues we beat them in 4 finals and watch 'em struggle to work out the fourth

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 09:05:08 pm »
Along with 20,000+  Reds at Goodison....7-2 on aggregate I think....I always like to remind the Blues we beat them in 4 finals and watch 'em struggle to work out the fourth

Only pulling yer plonker..

actually, that's a good one, re: the 4 finals.

What year was it?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 09:06:51 pm »
I know :)

1987?

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 09:07:49 pm »
I know :)

1987?

That's what I was thinking.

No wonder they are SOOOOOO bitter.

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 09:19:26 pm »
1 European Cup Final
3 UEFA Cup finals
6 FA Cup Finals
4 league Cup Finals
1 Screensports Super Cup Final (!)

Not to mention plenty of 'cup finals' we played as league games when marching on to a good number of our first Division titles!
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 09:48:42 pm »
I don't know about all the other cups, but my Dad's been to five of the six European Cup Finals, and the one he missed, because of college, he watched with Robert Plant.

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 09:58:56 pm »

7-2 on Agg sounds right and (this is sad) I've got both games on video! I taped them back then and if memory serves me right I've got programmes from both legs.
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 10:32:21 pm »
7-2 on Agg sounds right and (this is sad) I've got both games on video!
That's not sad. I reckon you'd get a few quid for copies on e-bay.

I remember a lad lent me a copy of the games back in 1992 or 1993 and he told me I could have them for £40 and that was when £40 was a lot of money and not just the price of a ticket for Bolton Away!!! Fuck knows why I didn't just copy them. Cracking games though.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 12:47:28 am »
I don't know about all the other cups, but my Dad's been to five of the six European Cup Finals, and the one he missed, because of college, he watched with Robert Plant.

Who's he, the groundsman?

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 12:51:37 am »
My Dad was at Hampden in 1966 and he told me it was a total shit hole. Shit result too which probably soured his view of it!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 01:20:57 am »
Even if anyone went at aged 15 they'd be 55 now. How many rawkites are of that era?

Even so, there must be a few people out there who have Dad's or Grandads etc who went to the likes of Hampden in 66 and Wembley in 65?

Be nice to hear a few stories. Those were the really great days. Everything was new to us then.
My dad went to both.

He said when we won the Cup it was unbelievable. It's hard for the younger supporters to realise that although we'd been reasonably successful and won a few leagues, the Cup had always eluded us.

We had an LP of the match v Leeds called eeye aye adio we won the Cup which was a commentary of the game and celebrations whic i used to love listening to as a kid.

I think it was straight after the 65 Cup Final that we played Inter Milan at Anfield in the European Cup Semi Final and had the injured lads Gerry Byrne and someone else carrying the Cup around before the game. Dad said the atmosphere that night was fantastic as we got a first leg lead only to be (quite literally) cheated out of it in the second leg.

I'd love to hear anyone who went to the San Siro that night about the antics of the officials but i guess there weren't that many reds travelling in those days.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 02:09:46 am »
My dad went to both.

He said when we won the Cup it was unbelievable. It's hard for the younger supporters to realise that although we'd been reasonably successful and won a few leagues, the Cup had always eluded us.

We had an LP of the match v Leeds called eeye aye adio we won the Cup which was a commentary of the game and celebrations whic i used to love listening to as a kid.

I think it was straight after the 65 Cup Final that we played Inter Milan at Anfield in the European Cup Semi Final and had the injured lads Gerry Byrne and someone else carrying the Cup around before the game. Dad said the atmosphere that night was fantastic as we got a first leg lead only to be (quite literally) cheated out of it in the second leg.

I'd love to hear anyone who went to the San Siro that night about the antics of the officials but i guess there weren't that many reds travelling in those days.

Bigbear,

Read Faith of our Fathers.. by Alan Edge.

He will help you relive the times of those days, more than any other.  I loved the whole book, every word, and I was 15 when we won the FA cup for the first time.  :D

Trust me, mate.  Its a glorious read.  You don't come more Red than Alan, and he writes straight from the heart.  Every Red should read this book.

cheers,

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 03:22:59 am »
My dad went to both.

I've still got that LP. Commentary by Brian Moore (ex ITV Big Match.) He must have been working for the BBC at the time.

We went over from Birkenhead on the Ferry for the coming home parade in '65. If memory serves, (I was 9) the ferries were chocker with Reds. I'd never seen so many people in my life as I saw that day. I remember me arl feller crying his eyes out when we saw the bus.

Gordon Milne was the other injured player carrying the cup round Anfield before the Inter game. Geoff Strong had replaced him for the Final.

'Oh Inter, One, Two, Three...
... go back to Italy'

sang the Kop that night, after we walloped them 3-1. I'm sure I've got the programme somewhere, cos me Dad went.

It was a 9 day wonder when the news came out that we were robbed 3-0 in the return leg. Definitely a fix; one of the goals was kicked out of Tommy Lawrence's hands, another was an indirect free kick that went in direct.

I think the only Reds you'd find who were at the San Siro would be Players, Officials or Press. I'd love to be proved wrong though!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 03:31:45 am by Redsnappa »

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 05:58:55 am »
Went to my first game in 1970, drew 0-0 with Manc Manchester City. Been to 3 European Cup Finals, most away grounds and got done in by some Wools once in Leeds in 78 :rollseyes

Good idea for a post mate. Most active long living LFC supporter should get an award.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 08:31:38 am »
We went over from Birkenhead on the Ferry for the coming home parade in '65. If memory serves, (I was 9) the ferries were chocker with Reds. I'd never seen so many people in my life as I saw that day. I remember me arl feller crying his eyes out when we saw the bus.

I remember going into town with my Dad for the homecoming.  Fucking fantastic. He ended up putting me on his shoulders because, as a kid I couldn't see fuck all.

Shankly was GOD to me. Years later, when he died I was getting ready for work and they announced his death on the radio even before the news came on. Then just before the news started they played YNWA in full.

Cried like a baby.  :'(

Mind you, I realise now that it was my Dad - and Mum - who were the true Gods in my life.

For all the Reds who never lived through any of the Shankly years, it's hard to explain the effect the man had.

He could raise his arms and tens of thousands would fall silent to hear him speak.

I once saw a quote something like Shankly's relationship with the Kop was "like a Nuremberg rally with apologies to the London Palladium".

He was our undisputed Leader and God - but he did it all with a glint in his eye. We loved him. He loved us back.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 09:21:13 am »
Bigbear,

Read Faith of our Fathers.. by Alan Edge.

He will help you relive the times of those days, more than any other.  I loved the whole book, every word, and I was 15 when we won the FA cup for the first time.  :D

Trust me, mate.  Its a glorious read.  You don't come more Red than Alan, and he writes straight from the heart.  Every Red should read this book.

cheers,

RiH
Thanks Pal, I will get that and then give it to my dad for Christmas.

Offline Essex Hammer

• Kopite
  • Fortunes Always Hiding.
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 12:59:50 pm »
You lads are so lucky to have seen Liverpool in so many finals etc, especially your recent wins Alaves, AC Milan and West Ham :'(, arguably the best UEFA cup final, European cup final and FA Cup finals ever. I;ve just thought of that, you can claim all three of those. :wave

Myself

1992 FA Trophy Final Colchester United v Witton Albion
1998 Division 3 Play off Final, Colchester United v Torquay United
2003 Championship Play off final , Sheffield United v Wolves
2004 Championship Play off final, West Ham Utd v Crystal Palace
2005 Championship Play off final, West Ham Utd v Preston

sorry had to add all finals been to to beef it up a bit ;D

Couldn't get a ticket for cup final gone :'(
European 'Cup Winners' Cup, Winners 1965
FA Cup Winners, 1964, 1975, 1980
Division Two Champions, 1958, 1981
Championship Play Off,  Winners 2005
Intertoto Cup, Winners 1999
Charity Shield Winners, 1965 (shared)

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 01:37:41 pm »
You lads are so lucky to have seen Liverpool in so many finals etc, especially your recent wins Alaves, AC Milan and West Ham :'(, arguably the best UEFA cup final, European cup final and FA Cup finals ever. I;ve just thought of that, you can claim all three of those. :wave

Myself

1992 FA Trophy Final Colchester United v Witton Albion
1998 Division 3 Play off Final, Colchester United v Torquay United
2003 Championship Play off final , Sheffield United v Wolves
2004 Championship Play off final, West Ham Utd v Crystal Palace
2005 Championship Play off final, West Ham Utd v Preston

sorry had to add all finals been to to beef it up a bit ;D

Couldn't get a ticket for cup final gone :'(

Great post but you forgot to mention the Owen final when completly outplayed Owen did what needed to be done.

:)
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 02:28:22 pm »

Me 'arl man went to Hampden in '66 to the cup winners cup final againt Borussia as a 14 year old schoolboy with me grandad.
As he was getting on the coach in Dovecot his form teacher spotted him & gave him a little wink & said "see you tomorrow Robert!".
Was his first ever cup final,he couldn't go in '65 at Wembley as me grandad couldn't afford it.
Me personally my first proper cup final was the 84 league cup final against the slime (my first "showpiece" game was the  '84 charity shield against Everton,pricks beat us with a Brucie oggy  if i remember)

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 04:09:11 pm »
That's not sad. I reckon you'd get a few quid for copies on e-bay.

I remember a lad lent me a copy of the games back in 1992 or 1993 and he told me I could have them for £40 and that was when £40 was a lot of money and not just the price of a ticket for Bolton Away!!! Fuck knows why I didn't just copy them. Cracking games though.

Got games taped going back to the 1981/82 season. I've put all the videos on to DVD and took me ages doing it. Watching the old games brings back happy memories.
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2012, 02:07:18 pm »
E P I C   B U M P !

Just thought I'd resuscitate this fellow from it's six and a half year slumber.   

1984 LC. (replay)      Won.
1986 FAC                 Won.
1987 LC                   Lost.
1988 FAC                 Lost.
1989 FAC                 Won.
1992 FAC                 Won.
2001 LC                   Won.
2001 FAC                 Won.
2001 UEFA C            Won.
2003 LC                   Won.
2005 LC                   Lost.
2005 UEFA CL           Won.
2006 FAC                 Won.
2007 UEFA CL          Lost
2012 LC                   Won.
2012  FAC                Lost.

Thats 16 finals.
11 Wins
5 Loses.

Plus
2001 UEFA SC        Won
2005 UEFA SC        Won.
2005 FIFA WCC      Lost.

Taking into consideration, I was unemplyed for three years in the mid 90's, so missed out on the 95, and 96 finals.

« Last Edit: May 8, 2012, 02:58:48 pm by Big Red Richie »