Author Topic: Early Chrimbo Prezzy from LFC - Top of the League!  (Read 19810 times)

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
Re: Early Chrimbo Prezzy from LFC - Top of the League!
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2013, 11:03:54 pm »
I don't know about other clubs, but in 1962-63 we came 8th, then were champions in 1963-64.

Then in 1964-65 we finished 7th, and were champions again in 1965-66. :)
Thanks for that!

I was just reading some of Tomkins' old articles and came across this:
"Aston Villa and Everton won the title in the ‘80s having finished 7th the season before. No-one has jumped from below 7th since 1978; no-one has jumped from below 3rd since 1992."
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2013, 08:27:08 am »
Top of the league is the best place to be and our form says that we deserve it.

If I was BR (which I ain't) I wouldn't know whether to stick with the main players who have got us here and keep a settled team or else call for some big spending to help to strengthen. We are in a great position and it's time to decide what to do next. I think that I would keep a settled team and let them develop strong understandings rather than bringing in new people who may take time to fit in. Maybe strengthen some of the positions that we don't have cover but otherwise push on with those who have been playing so well.

To move this team on, we don't have to score more, we have to concede less. That is where we should strengthen. Our defence looks like it is cobbled together.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #242 on: December 25, 2013, 10:52:08 am »
When was the last time a team won the league after finishing 7th the previous year?

Forest won the league the year after winning promotion (77-78), won the European Cup the following year (78-79) and then retained it the year after (79-80).
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #243 on: December 25, 2013, 11:46:57 am »
According to El C, there's only three teams that have failed to win the league after being on top at Christmas.

Liverpool, Liverpool and Liverpool.

I don't give a fuck.  It's Christmas and we're on top.  I'm getting blitzed today.

Merry Christmas or whatever you do or don't observe to all of you and yours. ;D
Kill the humourless

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #244 on: December 25, 2013, 03:50:50 pm »
Top at Crimbo, thanks Santa.  Now, Mr. Easter Bunny, you can forget the egg next year I would rather have.......

Happy Christmas to Reds everywhere!!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #245 on: December 25, 2013, 04:02:56 pm »
YNWA