Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1045767 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #11360 on: May 8, 2024, 01:01:02 pm »
Henderson in a reduced role would have certainly helped this season, it would have helped the transition from old to new midfield and for all his faults he had incredible standards and leadership. I personally think we've missed this year, similar with Milner, the leadership group has changed but not for the better.

Just curious about this statement.  Without actually being a part of the group of players, how can you actually measure this?  What are you seeing that makes you make that statement? 

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #11361 on: May 8, 2024, 01:07:03 pm »
Henderson in a reduced role would have certainly helped this season, it would have helped the transition from old to new midfield and for all his faults he had incredible standards and leadership. I personally think we've missed this year, similar with Milner, the leadership group has changed but not for the better.
Disagree, Hendo has already admitted what he was/is like when he's on the bench and had he found himself reduced to just a squad role I don't think he would've offered the leadership we needed as he would be too preoccupied with himself. Everthing he has done this season has confirmed that it was the right decision one that he drove not to forget).

Milner however did show that he was capable of driving standards whilst not in the team its a shame we lost him but we can't complain about the squad aging then complain when we let players go.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11362 on: May 8, 2024, 01:33:09 pm »
Just curious about this statement.  Without actually being a part of the group of players, how can you actually measure this?  What are you seeing that makes you make that statement?

I realise that you can get many different types of leaders and I don't think you can measure it, it's just my opinion based on a few factors i.e. How poorly we start games (lack of concentration/intensity, sloppiness,) and how we let complacency come into our game through switching off.

Van Dijk and Trent are very different players/personalities to Henderson and Milner as captain and vice captain.

Van Dijk for example is one of the greatest defenders to grace the premierleague and he has an aura of invincibility but also very laid back and boardering arrogant and the byproduct of that is if he has an off game the team drops with him.

Trent is a bit like Van Dijk, incredible player but for some time he has pretty much given up defending and I don't think that's a good look for someone in such a senior position, what sort of message does that send to the team?

Henderson wasn't the best player, he hard to work hard for everything and it always felt to me he always demanded everyone to give 110%, he was always barking at everyone all game, other people might say that it was annoying but for me you need that to keep everyone focused especially when the game can be too easy or percieved as too easy.

You hear a lot how Milner kept everyone in line with fines and that sort of inner team discipline, whose doing that now?

However as others have rightly pointed out before Hendo/Milner were here last season and some of the same problems were evident so I could easily be talking shit :D

My hope for Henderson was he'd be like Kehl was for Klopp at Dortmund, once his legs started to go he'd understand he'd play less but was very important off the field. Pitty Jordan had such a fragile ego and turned out to be a giant hypocritical prick.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2024, 01:34:54 pm by Draex »

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11363 on: May 8, 2024, 02:51:12 pm »
I don't think we have a leadership vacuum.

We do have an athleticism/energy vacuum though, midfield especially, as that pressing monster hasn't been there for Jurgen's last two years.

He let (or was it the restrictions imposed upon him) the team get old and slow.

We needed an injection of legs after Paris, as that midfield was running on fumes (Hendo needed replacing there and then, his closing down numbers had been on a steady decline over two seasons, Fabinho we didn't know he was done). We did nothing that summer, bar a token Kabak-esque late loan for Melo, and with "all those leaders" (Hendo, Milner) we got overrun by teams all season. That press conference Jurgen did in the August in an attempt to allay concerns about the midfield came back to bite him. We have only marginally addressed this with mobile 8s being brought in but with Mac being asked to "do a job" in the 6 it's still a patched up job.

The one thing Jurgen needs for his intense, pressing style of play to work is athleticism and energy, something we now lack. We've been vulnerable and ropey in every game bar maybe five this season (I'm possibly being generous saying five). Conceding six in two games vs toothless United, a team that athletic teams put to the sword (as Crystal Palace did home and away), we are a flaky outfit with no defensive protection in midfield. Like last season it takes very little for the opposition to get through to our back four. Speaking of Palace, they were also unlucky not to do the double over us given how we got out of jail at their place with the soft sending off that changed that game in the last 15 minutes. We never looked like scoring, and their athletic side overpowered the midfield. First half at Anfield they again exploited the lack of athleticism in the 6, and only when Jurgen made the half time change of the 6 did our tempo increase and we then tried to recover it (for the 23rd time this season) but it wasn't to be.

Don't like to use the word overachieve because ultimately if you achieve something that means its within your grasp, however circa 80 points and a Cup is a great achievement for a team that is still a work in progress with one or two key signings short, an obvious one being a quality 6.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #11364 on: May 8, 2024, 03:25:03 pm »
Apologies if covered elsewhere, i did have a quick search, but are there any plans for a farewell on the last game?
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11365 on: May 8, 2024, 03:39:30 pm »
I realise that you can get many different types of leaders and I don't think you can measure it, it's just my opinion based on a few factors i.e. How poorly we start games (lack of concentration/intensity, sloppiness,) and how we let complacency come into our game through switching off.

Van Dijk and Trent are very different players/personalities to Henderson and Milner as captain and vice captain.

Van Dijk for example is one of the greatest defenders to grace the premierleague and he has an aura of invincibility but also very laid back and boardering arrogant and the byproduct of that is if he has an off game the team drops with him.

Trent is a bit like Van Dijk, incredible player but for some time he has pretty much given up defending and I don't think that's a good look for someone in such a senior position, what sort of message does that send to the team?

Henderson wasn't the best player, he hard to work hard for everything and it always felt to me he always demanded everyone to give 110%, he was always barking at everyone all game, other people might say that it was annoying but for me you need that to keep everyone focused especially when the game can be too easy or percieved as too easy.

You hear a lot how Milner kept everyone in line with fines and that sort of inner team discipline, whose doing that now?

However as others have rightly pointed out before Hendo/Milner were here last season and some of the same problems were evident so I could easily be talking shit :D

My hope for Henderson was he'd be like Kehl was for Klopp at Dortmund, once his legs started to go he'd understand he'd play less but was very important off the field. Pitty Jordan had such a fragile ego and turned out to be a giant hypocritical prick.

Fair enough.  I do agree with you about both Trent and Hendo. 

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #11366 on: May 8, 2024, 03:40:05 pm »
Apologies if covered elsewhere, i did have a quick search, but are there any plans for a farewell on the last game?
Nothing in terms of a parade but I'm sure there will be a presentation after the match coupled with many tears from most of us there or watching from afar!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11367 on: May 8, 2024, 04:20:13 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1788116631987855452

“I will never walk alone again in my life.” ❤️

@Expedia and #LFC present a special episode of "Finding Liverpool" with Jürgen Klopp, who joins @KellyCates to look back on his epic journey

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #11368 on: May 8, 2024, 04:37:26 pm »
ahhhhhhh starting to feel real now  :'(

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
« Reply #11369 on: May 8, 2024, 05:34:25 pm »

I am still hoping a praying he turns round and says it was all a massive wind up and stays for another 5 seasons lol.....that would shut the mancs up big time haha.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #11370 on: May 8, 2024, 05:39:04 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1788116631987855452

Just listened and was about to post.......the guy is a one-off and we were (i guess still are) so lucky to have gone on his journey.

Jurgen....YNWA.
#JFT97

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11371 on: May 8, 2024, 05:47:18 pm »

He wouldn't accept a reduced role though. Klopp basically said he's a nightmare when he's not in the team (i.e. at times last season)

His leadership would have been invaluable if he'd kept his ego at the door.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11372 on: May 8, 2024, 06:07:25 pm »
He wouldn't accept a reduced role though. Klopp basically said he's a nightmare when he's not in the team (i.e. at times last season)

His leadership would have been invaluable if he'd kept his ego at the door.
never seen that mentioned before.  do you have a link?

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11373 on: May 8, 2024, 06:11:04 pm »

Yeah it is and speaking from a personal perspective, it's hitting way harder than I thought that it would.  Experiencing a genuinely strong sense of loss.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11374 on: May 8, 2024, 06:18:03 pm »
It's a bit weird for me. I'm not feeling it at all, yet. Maybe because I know his goose is cooked and he needs to get out of the game for his own sanity.

Once he's gone and there's a massive hole that no one can fill, maybe I'll really feel it then.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11375 on: May 8, 2024, 06:31:07 pm »
I just saw a promo apparently Sky Sports played before the match against Spurs the weekend with a string quartet playing YNWA over big moments and Jurgen quotes and I’m not joking when I say it’s fucking broken me. I don’t know how I’m going to handle being in the ground on the 19th.

This man has given me everything I ever dreamed of as a Liverpool fan.

I was at my lowest during covid at the end of 2020, I’d attempted suicide and was in rehab after relapsing on drugs and alcohol after previously being 7 years clean and sober. Some nights in that lonely rehab house when I was trying to fix sometimes decades-old trauma the only thing that pulled me through were watching clips of Jurgen’s Liverpool. We had access to a smart tv that had YouTube and is just sit there and watch them and weep. Weep like I’m weeping now.

Fuck me I cannot believe this is happening.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11376 on: May 8, 2024, 07:08:56 pm »
Isn't he our longest serving manager since Kenny in his first reign? 8.5 years.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #11377 on: May 8, 2024, 07:16:51 pm »
I just saw a promo apparently Sky Sports played before the match against Spurs the weekend with a string quartet playing YNWA over big moments and Jurgen quotes and I’m not joking when I say it’s fucking broken me. I don’t know how I’m going to handle being in the ground on the 19th.

I was at my lowest during covid at the end of 2020, I’d attempted suicide and was in rehab after relapsing on drugs and alcohol after previously being 7 years clean and sober. Some nights in that lonely rehab house when I was trying to fix sometimes decades-old trauma the only thing that pulled me through were watching clips of Jurgen’s Liverpool. We had access to a smart tv that had YouTube and is just sit there and watch them and weep. Weep like I’m weeping now.

Consider yourself lucky to have a ticket for his last match with us even though it will be tough.

Hope you are doing ok and ask for help when you are feeling down. I know this sounds crass but there are people who you are making an impact on.
#JFT97

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11378 on: May 8, 2024, 07:18:00 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fIU9HZtVIP8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fIU9HZtVIP8</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11379 on: May 8, 2024, 07:24:23 pm »
Isn't he our longest serving manager since Kenny in his first reign? 8.5 years.

Kenny was 85-91.

He is the longest-serving manager since Sir Bob who was manager 74-83.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11380 on: May 8, 2024, 07:27:10 pm »
It's a bit weird for me. I'm not feeling it at all, yet. Maybe because I know his goose is cooked and he needs to get out of the game for his own sanity.

Once he's gone and there's a massive hole that no one can fill, maybe I'll really feel it then.

I’m in the same boat concerning his need for a break as he looks physically and emotionally drained.

Completely different circumstances I know but look back to how Kenny looked when he resigned after the 4-4.

I’m sad but accepting and looking forward to the next step on our journey.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11381 on: May 8, 2024, 07:31:34 pm »
Kenny was 85-91.

He is the longest-serving manager since Sir Bob who was manager 74-83.
incredible.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11382 on: May 8, 2024, 07:56:46 pm »
I’m in the same boat concerning his need for a break as he looks physically and emotionally drained.

Completely different circumstances I know but look back to how Kenny looked when he resigned after the 4-4.

Yep. If he was still full of beans but looking for pastures new, then I'd be absolutely gutted. This is so different though. As you say, he's absolutely drained. He's given us his all and has nothing left in the tank.

I'm also looking forward to our next step. It'll certainly be interesting. I'll be happy that Jürgen will be off sunning himself somewhere with his family too. He so richly deserves it. He'll always be family though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #11383 on: May 8, 2024, 10:24:06 pm »
You have to end one dream to start another. Ynwa
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11384 on: May 8, 2024, 10:35:49 pm »
Yep. If he was still full of beans but looking for pastures new, then I'd be absolutely gutted. This is so different though. As you say, he's absolutely drained. He's given us his all and has nothing left in the tank.

I'm also looking forward to our next step. It'll certainly be interesting. I'll be happy that Jürgen will be off sunning himself somewhere with his family too. He so richly deserves it. He'll always be family though.

absolutely.  he's given us his heart and soul and every ounce of mental and physical energy he has, for years on end.  expecting, asking or even hoping for him to do more would be cruel and beneath us as a club and fans.  YNWA Jurgen.

Online Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #11385 on: May 8, 2024, 11:17:53 pm »

YNWA

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #11386 on: May 9, 2024, 07:24:50 am »
Apologise if this is covered elsewhere, but is there any plans for a send off after the match for Klopp?
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11387 on: May 9, 2024, 07:59:30 am »
Apologise if this is covered elsewhere, but is there any plans for a send off after the match for Klopp?

We all just go to dark rooms and sob.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11388 on: May 9, 2024, 08:21:12 am »

The thing as well is when you get that level of burn out it'll effect your decision making. Kenny recognised it, Rafa probably had it in his last year as well with all the shit he'd had to deal with.

As i've said a lot, I think Klopp had had enough last season but stuck it out because he didn't want to leave us in the shit, out the CL and needing a total rebuild. He agreed to give it another year and see which is why we had stop gaps like Ibiza Jorge. He's got us back in the CL, started the rebuild, brought more young players through and with the notice period given it's given us a chance to get things sorted off the pitch and in the dugout for the summer and next season.

Managers don't usually leave with a huge send off last game and with things in a good place. Rodgers was sacked. Kenny was sacked last time. Hodgson was sacked. Rafa was sacked. Houllier was sacked. Evans was sacked. Souness was sacked. Kenny left suddenly in the middle of the season which we didn't really recover from through the 90s. We don't want  a last season at Dortmund situation, but in a way we had that last season and Klopp has managed to come back from that and get things back on track. 19/20 - great, 20/21 - a lot went wrong, 21/22 - great, 22/23 - a lot went wrong, 23/24 - a lot better. Klopp not being as fresh probably part of those two recent bad seasons that followed good ones. We wouldn't want another one.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11389 on: May 9, 2024, 08:36:38 am »
We all just go to dark rooms and sob.

;D

I'm obviously gutted about him leaving but over the next few weeks, memories of the last 9 years will be coming back, the good and the bad, and it'll be fun to reminisce about his time here. We don't tend to really have that because managers usually get sacked and they get sacked because the team's in a bad place. That's not the case this time.

But then we'll have a new manager and a new season to look forward to, with all the excitement and worries that entails. Yeah, the news in January was a shock but I'm past that now.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11390 on: May 9, 2024, 08:45:53 am »
;D

I'm obviously gutted about him leaving but over the next few weeks, memories of the last 9 years will be coming back, the good and the bad, and it'll be fun to reminisce about his time here. We don't tend to really have that because managers usually get sacked and they get sacked because the team's in a bad place. That's not the case this time. But then we'll have a new manager and a new season to look forward to, with all the excitement and worries that entails. Yeah, the news in January was a shock but I'm past that now.

Yes.
I'm mostly happy that he gets to rest and do something else. He has burned himself out completely. What I'll miss most about it isn't Klopp the manager, we'll be fine on the pitch I believe - it's Klopp the man. I'll miss him like a friend, a warm and soothing presence that was there through these wild years. There was something infinitely comforting in knowing that manager of Liverpool is 'mensch' and will have the right answer to whatever comes up. It's not fair to expect that from anyone else. But I'll miss it.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11391 on: May 9, 2024, 08:57:44 am »
We've had the long goodbye since Jan so I'm more looking forward than anything else.

The memories wont diminish and will last the lifetime

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11392 on: May 9, 2024, 09:03:36 am »
Yes.
I'm mostly happy that he gets to rest and do something else. He has burned himself out completely. What I'll miss most about it isn't Klopp the manager, we'll be fine on the pitch I believe - it's Klopp the man. I'll miss him like a friend, a warm and soothing presence that was there through these wild years. There was something infinitely comforting in knowing that manager of Liverpool is 'mensch' and will have the right answer to whatever comes up. It's not fair to expect that from anyone else. But I'll miss it.

Yeah all true. I find it easy to get behind our managers and I'll cut them a lot of slack, unless they're egregiously awful, particularly off the pitch (cough cough Hodgson) but Klopp was pretty much loved by everyone, which hasn't happened with any of our other managers that I can remember (too young for Kenny first time around).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #11393 on: May 9, 2024, 10:09:16 am »
It's going to be very much a case of the king is dead. Long live the king.
Klopp has had such a profound impact though. I really fear for 'the next guy'. Going to be like trying to fill the shoes of a childhood sweetheart, or similar.  I just hope, that because we have been so spoilt, we recognise it and give him a real chance.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11394 on: May 9, 2024, 11:20:29 am »
It's going to be very much a case of the king is dead. Long live the king.
Klopp has had such a profound impact though. I really fear for 'the next guy'. Going to be like trying to fill the shoes of a childhood sweetheart, or similar.  I just hope, that because we have been so spoilt, we recognise it and give him a real chance.
I think the fact that we all recognise that Klopp is irreplaceable, actually helps the new manager rather than hinders him. Absolutely no one thinks he or anyone else can fill Klopp's shoes, and I don't think many expect him to either. So, in a way, it does give the new man a clean slate to be himself and impose himself and his ideas. He'll stand or fall on his own merits, I think. He can't be measured against Klopp, because no one can be. He's a complete one-off.

Bill Shankly was similar. More than just a manager. Something more like a mythical, spiritual being in many ways. The guy used to give me goosebumps just listening to him speak. No one expected Bob Paisley to fill Bill's boots, so he could just be his own man and do it his way. He did that quite well too.  ;)

No one can follow Klopp, so you don't even try to. You just do your own thing and believe in it. Trying to recreate what/who has gone before you typically ends in disaster. Klopp himself proved that by the way he respected our history but wasn't here to recreate something. He was here to build something new. He was certainly a new broom. When Klopp walked through the door we stopped trying to get back the past, and started to create a new present. I think Slot has a very similar opportunity.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #11395 on: May 9, 2024, 01:00:58 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2yKAEcjUHdw?si=ES2WNF0X9Qh6MIyx" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2yKAEcjUHdw?si=ES2WNF0X9Qh6MIyx</a>

I'm not even remotely ready for him to leave. Probably going to cry all day for the Wolves game.

That bit at the end hit hard. I remember the day so vividly that he said that quote and thinking "we've got a long time to worry about you leaving". And here he goes.

I think I'll follow his next football venture too.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11396 on: May 9, 2024, 01:16:58 pm »
the Echo is saying that the Aintree "farewell party" is cancelled, but no reason given.

anyone know?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #11397 on: May 9, 2024, 01:46:10 pm »
the Echo is saying that the Aintree "farewell party" is cancelled, but no reason given.

anyone know?

He's changed his mind and staying.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11398 on: May 9, 2024, 04:12:26 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1788584828331323899

Reds supporters will have the opportunity to be part of a special farewell to Jürgen Klopp ❤️

‘An Evening with Jürgen Klopp & Special Guests’ at M&S Bank Arena will take place on Tuesday May 28, alongside a host of famous faces from the world of sports and entertainment.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #11399 on: May 9, 2024, 04:14:58 pm »

anyone know?

Wasn't this reported a week ago?

Probably cos all the online toxicity cos we "bottled" the title