Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I agree with all that.

I still don't think the punishment will end up being anywhere close to damaging to them.
If not then it may well be time to walk away from football. It will not be worth the emotional investment fans put in.
I think Slot will do well here. I have been concerned about the squad turnover required to get back to very high intensity counter pressing, but watching us the other night made me think some turnover might not be a bad idea. We have most of the players needed, especially coming out the academy. Perhaps some of the seniors need pastures new at this point anyway. 
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by andy7616 on Today at 04:25:39 pm »
Anybody had this email about "upgrading" to premium membership?

Seen a couple of screenshots floating around social media

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/members/news/lfc-official-premium-membership-2425

same ballot options with more crap included - washbag complete with the iconic Liverpool FC Liverbird insignia, a LFC Membership scarf, a hardback of our special edition ‘Greatest Managers’ book (exclusive to 24/25 Membership packs) and a shirt pin badge set featuring four of The Kop’s most iconic players
Let’s face it, if Abu Dhabi are not very severely punished then the game is absolutely dead. If they are let off again then the oil cartel clubs will take complete control of English football. We are already seeing Saudi take control of FIFA, with them or Abu Dhabi will very soon completely own the game in this country. Unless they are stopped now. This case really is a battle for the future of competitive football in this country.

I agree with all that.

I still don't think the punishment will end up being anywhere close to damaging to them.
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks Jack, difficult op to do! Am worried that Antonio is bigger and stronger than Calvert Lewis and these love a far post corner!
Guess we see a team closer to the one vs Fulham with maybe Mo starting. Just got to play well and control the game, they are brittle but have good players. No idea what to expect!
The Boozer / Re: Things you find..weird
« Last post by reddebs on Today at 04:24:09 pm »
Having experienced clubbing in the 90s I find it weird someone would object to being hugged cos they're a bit sweaty 🤷
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by wemmick on Today at 04:23:19 pm »
That's my point though, if all you're going to provide is goals, a la Haaland, you actually have to deliver the goals. Nunez isn't, and doesn't appear capable of being that kind of cold in front of goal, killer, laser focused finisher.

I do agree he was at his best coming in off the bench, think that's a nightmare scenario for many defenders to have to face as they're fatigued. A Harrods Origi.

Darwin isn't a Haaland any more than he's a Firmino though. He might look like he's more that kind of guy, but he's not, he doesn't have that refinement in his finishing.
Agreed, mate. He is not a Haaland per se. What I meant is that I would like to see him focus far more on goal scoring in training and during matches. He has a broad role in attack and defense right now. His defensive game has improved a lot this season, but I think he is spread too thin. I think we need to get back to what he did best at Benfica: being a single-minded goal scorer. Mo is declining and he will need to become a true focal point in attack.   
I'm just cynical old-arse.
Evertonians are deluded. Its not comparable.
City's owners pay refs, pay off the books, pay off the council, pressure the government, pay off the authorities, fake sponorship deals and all the rest.
No way they aren't cheating in every other way possible as well.
My other favourite sport is cycling which taught me early on that if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.

You know what though?
I don't think they are the only ones and the lack of positive tests and bans in the game in general is a bit suspicious.

As for 115. They'll get away with it don't you worry

Agree with all that. I've long thought it was rife in the game. A few years back, I actually wondered if we might be part of that too if it was happening. But seeing us fall off a cliff several times in recent seasons, and seeing things like Fabinho's legs going at age 29 suggests we're not at it.

And yeah ADFC will definitely be getting away with whatever they've done, both the stuff that's been confirmed and the stuff we're speculating about.
Good luck to him. I hope hes backed with a few 1st team players, comes with fresh ideas etc
My worry is, as usual, how often will he have a full squad to play with, given his style of play
Def need to change a few players but not massively.
Id start with a big fee for mo and try to get a younger, more skillful player in the diaz mould who can actually beat a player 1 on 1 and a technical mid fielder who can unlock defences.
Let’s face it, if Abu Dhabi are not very severely punished then the game is absolutely dead. If they are let off again then the oil cartel clubs will take complete control of English football. We are already seeing Saudi take control of FIFA, with them or Abu Dhabi will very soon completely own the game in this country. Unless they are stopped now. This case really is a battle for the future of competitive football in this country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10