Author Topic: Mass Effect 3-The ending is shite Macphisto  (Read 33823 times)

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
Re: Mass Effect 3- New Info
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2012, 11:59:48 pm »
Was it really supposed to be harbinger? :lmao that's pathetic.

Yep, this is what it looks like.

And this is it during the final battle.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:52 am »
The ending bit was shite I think everyone will agree, however, did anybody else think the bit with Anderson was great? Both sitting there having their chat as they watch the galaxy's fleet fighting.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #402 on: April 12, 2012, 12:15:55 pm »
The ending bit was shite I think everyone will agree, however, did anybody else think the bit with Anderson was great? Both sitting there having their chat as they watch the galaxy's fleet fighting.

That bit was amazing and it's ending nearly brought me to tears. I was emotionally captured in the story 140% and whatever was going to happen next, I was down for it, and tears were going to flow. Then... they did what they did and brought me so fucking far away from the Mass Effect universe I knew and loved that I lost interest right at the most important part of the series.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #403 on: April 12, 2012, 12:20:30 pm »
The ending might be a master stroke by Bioware if the
Spoiler
Indoctrination Theory
[close]
happens to be true.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 12, 2012, 12:25:59 pm »
Spoiler
Indoctrination Theory
[close]
happens to be true.

Highly doubt it. The DLC is just a few extra cutscenes.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »
So when is this DLC supposed to be released?
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:05 pm »
So when is this DLC supposed to be released?

Latest news is summer

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2012, 03:57:57 pm »
Highly doubt it. The DLC is just a few extra cutscenes.

Supposedly, I heard that one of the staff of Bioware said on Twitter that there is going to be playable content, and would it really take untill Summer to create a couple of cut scenes?
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »
Spoiler
Indoctrination Theory
[close]
happens to be true.
Not really.

Spoiler
Them going  "Yeah man, we meant it as indoctrination, we're so fucking awesome, you didn't see that coming did you, haha!!" would make it even worse in my book. Plus if that whole theory was true they wouldn't be bending over backwards trying to save some face. I'd be fine with the reapers winning, i'd actually be fine with indoctrination, but only as 1 possible ending depending on how you played the game. And this is the whole point. Right now, as the trilogy stands, there's no reason for you to go back and do all the major decisions differently because we all know now that nothing you do makes a blind bit of difference to the outcome of the war. Nothing. And that's what's made people so massively fucked off because we were led to believe that not only would what we did actually matter in the end, but that there was supposed to be something like 16 different endings. Where in fact there were only 3, which were in fact, only 1.

So even if they tried to claim that it was all indoctrination, it's still massively fucking shit.
[close]
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »
Fantastic game to send off what has been one of my favorite trilogy of games/pieces of media ever.

Its a shame then that the last few cutscenes take the piss.

Its almost as if they couldn't wait to end it, so they piled a bunch of random sequences into a hat and randomly picked a scenario:

Spoiler
So i have just picked the 'destroy reapers' option out of a choice of destroy, synthesize and control, okay i'm perfectly fine with that but then suddenly after the reaper destruction sequence and the falling apart of the mass effect relay's i'm supposed to believe that Joker is with my crew (don't know how they got back on the Normandy so quickly) and they happened to crash land on some habitable planet? REALLY now? I then got a 20 second clip where Shepards corpse suddenly draws a breath. It just all felt disjointed and its as if they left the ending sequence to their work experience interns, i mean, is it really that hard to put some closure into the game? I've just destroyed the reapers now my crew has suddenly crash landed on a random planet? Its just awkward,pure and simple. Hasn't ruined the game for me, thankfully, but for such a story driven series that I've put so much time into it just feels like Bioware has totally wum'd out on us with those final sequences
[close]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:32:04 pm by N-Red »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: May 28, 2012, 05:26:49 pm »
I am still hoping against hope for this  :(

Spoiler
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ythY_GkEBck" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ythY_GkEBck</a>
[close]
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 28, 2012, 11:37:22 pm »
More multiplayer DLC coming out tomorrow for anyone still interested.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: June 1, 2012, 08:29:16 am »
Got this yesterday, gonna give it a spin after !
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 1, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »
I feel bad for you son :(

BTW the new multiplayer stuff is actually really good, both packs.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: June 1, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »
Still not finished ME3.

Put off by the negative reports of the ending. Will go back and do at some point though.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 1, 2012, 12:59:10 pm »
Still not finished ME3.

Put off by the negative reports of the ending. Will go back and do at some point though.
The game itself is really good, it's the ending that sucks big time.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #416 on: June 1, 2012, 01:25:10 pm »
The game itself is really good, it's the ending that sucks big time.
This is what I need to try and remember. The bitter taste that lingered after finishing it put a real dampener- retrospectively- on the game as a whole for me. It becomes hard to think past the atrocity. I just try to remember that wow, it really was an incredible game, truly fantastic, one of the best on the console.
In other Mass Effect news, they're making a movie that follows the events of the first game. I think that'll be the best one to structure a story around, given that it has a more tangible antagonist in Saren. It looks like it's got some good people working on it (a lot of Bioware staff who worked on the games are chipping in creatively) and it's got the potential, if handled well, to spawn sequels and a franchise. Who knows, if it reaches a third film, we might actually get a good ending that makes sense!
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 13, 2012, 01:48:52 pm »
Is it just me or are ME fans better writers than Bioware?

Spoiler
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ascb79jqfo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ascb79jqfo</a>
[close]

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #418 on: June 13, 2012, 02:17:14 pm »

Spoiler
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ascb79jqfo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3Ascb79jqfo</a>
[close]
Now that's easily the best thing i've seen on the ending. Very good, very clever and very well researched.

Spoiler
Those tweets from bioware can fuck off though. Even if the lads right, and I do think that's really quite cool, the bottom line is that because of shit writing and a pathetic ending they've got to fix it with DLC. I don't buy that it's been planned all along. I think that they got to the end and couldn't fucking do it porperly and now their scrambling to win back the thousands and thousands of people who they've royally fucked off because if they don't, a lot of us won't be buying bioware shit for a long time and that's a lot of lost cash
[close]

Good find that mate.
Gratitude

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2012, 12:29:13 pm »
I finished it last week, loved every second of it, so glad you didn't have to mine for shite again.

The only thing I didn't like about the ending was that
Spoiler
all three choices destroyed the mass relays, so whatever Shepard did, the Galaxy was pretty much fucked as everyone was stuck on their own planets. What is everyone in space fighting going to do???
[close]

Hope there is DLC, but there shouldn't have had to be.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: June 14, 2012, 02:47:12 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Someone has way too much time on their hands.

Spoiler
It's a good theory which I am hoping is correct. I believe that one is more plausible than the 'indoctrination' theory. On the issue of whether Bioware had planned this from the start: I think they have. If the 'beings of light' theory turns out to be correct then they must have planned it all along. I just don't think with the brilliant writing in the first 2 games and most of 3 that they would just fuck up the ending out of sheer ineptitude. They would have known there would be a massive backlash from fans and would have had a DLC planned from the start.
[close]
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #421 on: June 14, 2012, 04:53:38 pm »

Spoiler
It's a good theory which I am hoping is correct. I believe that one is more plausible than the 'indoctrination' theory. On the issue of whether Bioware had planned this from the start: I think they have. If the 'beings of light' theory turns out to be correct then they must have planned it all along. I just don't think with the brilliant writing in the first 2 games and most of 3 that they would just fuck up the ending out of sheer ineptitude. They would have known there would be a massive backlash from fans and would have had a DLC planned from the start.
[close]
Spoiler
Honestly, IF that theory about the beings of light is right and they have planned it, it makes the writing even shitter for 3, and really undermines the whole story and game trilogy for me. If the "real" plot involves you not only having visited a random planet in the first game, not only read the codex, but also remembered it when visiting the same random planet in the 3rd game and then piece it all together to kinda make the ending work, and then have to wait for DLC to actually finish the game......that's just fucking poor all round. I don't mind clever plots and stories that make you think a lot, in fact i love them. But this isn't one. The beings of light is the most plausible theory, but it's still massively fucking shit if it's true. In my opinion obviously.

Shows how much i enjoyed the games up to the ending, seeing as i'm so utterly sad to still get worked up about talking about it ;D
[close]
Gratitude

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: June 14, 2012, 05:50:01 pm »
The voice actress who plays Ashley confirmed the other day that they are only extending and "trying to justify" the ending on Twitter. Shame that we're stuck with the same shit :(

Also "trying to justify" as a quote might mean she wasn't happy with it herself ;D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #423 on: June 14, 2012, 06:44:44 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

I'm not really convinced by that theory. On one hand, the guy claims there is little proof for the indoctrination theory. On the other hand, he doesn't really deliver much proof for his own theory. A lot of it, is conjecture and pure speculation. Stuff like "A child wouldn't say something like that" is not evidence. It's speculation...
If you're looking long enough for stuff throughout all three games you'll probably find some evidence for Sheppard being a circus-clown and moving to Florida at the end of ME3.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2012, 03:54:24 am »
If you're looking long enough for stuff throughout all three games you'll probably find some evidence for Sheppard being a circus-clown and moving to Florida at the end of ME3.
Jacob said something about a club in Cuba.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2012, 07:09:33 am »
Well, I've been keeping this on the shelf for weeks because I wanted to play through ME1 and 2 again to get all my decisions the way I wanted to. Unfortunately, I've ended up with no saves for ME3, and I want to play it so I'd like to know during the start of ME3, are you given the option to get your decisions right again or are your decisions in the previous games chosen by default(ala ME2).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:11:22 am by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2012, 08:10:20 am »
Well, I've been keeping this on the shelf for weeks because I wanted to play through ME1 and 2 again to get all my decisions the way I wanted to. Unfortunately, I've ended up with no saves for ME3, and I want to play it so I'd like to know during the start of ME3, are you given the option to get your decisions right again or are your decisions in the previous games chosen by default(ala ME2).
Unfortunately, no.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:50 am »
Unfortunately, no.
Just found out aswell, tried to play ME2 but my disk had some problems so I couldn't. Its pretty shite actually, as the default choices are far from the ones that I would have made myself. I think I'll just get another copy.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: June 15, 2012, 09:40:56 am »
Just found out aswell, tried to play ME2 but my disk had some problems so I couldn't. Its pretty shite actually, as the default choices are far from the ones that I would have made myself. I think I'll just get another copy.

You could try getting it on Steam, but at 20 Euros it's still pretty expensive. And there is a DLC for ME2 that let's you make your own choices for ME1. I wanted to start a playthrough with all three parts, but I just couldn't cope with ME1's shitty interface... ;)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:58 pm »
The only thing I didn't like about the ending was that
Spoiler
all three choices destroyed the mass relays, so whatever Shepard did, the Galaxy was pretty much fucked as everyone was stuck on their own planets. What is everyone in space fighting going to do???
[close]

If I were Bioware I'd plan for ME4 straightaway:

Spoiler
Either about
  • Destroy ending : battle against the Devil Machines - Shepard woke up in rubble
  • Synthesis ending : battle against the Devil Machines - what happens after both organics and synthetics merge
  • Control ending : battle against the Devil Machines - what happens when the Devil Machines do come anyway
  • what all the species in the galaxy do - on, around Earth now that the relays are destroyed
or a combination of the above.

"Tell me another story of the Shepard".
"It's getting late, but, okay... one more story".

[close]

Offline Mello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »

No, but what I would suggest is grabbing a save with the choices you want from http://www.masseffect2saves.com/

You could go even further if you want and get a saved game editor for ME2 and editing the file you pick.

Edit:  Just realized this only works on PC and you probably are on a console or you wouldn't be asking this.  Yeah, I know of no other option than playing ME2.  The default ME3 start is simply awful without a previous save.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:02:31 pm by Mello »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2012, 05:27:04 pm »
No, but what I would suggest is grabbing a save with the choices you want from http://www.masseffect2saves.com/

You could go even further if you want and get a saved game editor for ME2 and editing the file you pick.

Edit:  Just realized this only works on PC and you probably are on a console or you wouldn't be asking this.  Yeah, I know of no other option than playing ME2.  The default ME3 start is simply awful without a previous save.
On the Xbox unfortunately mate.Thanks though. Don't know whats wrong with my ME2 disc, disc 2 is working fine but disc 1 doesn't work. I was seriously contemplating getting another ME2 copy but I think I'll probably just play ME3.  :(

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: June 18, 2012, 11:13:30 pm »
One of my favourite franchises of anything I must've ranked up atleast 200 hours on the first 2 games, but after I completed ME3 I put it down and haven't touched it since, that was about 3 months ago. When this ending DLC comes out i'll revisit it hopefully they realise how shite it is and change more than they planned to.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: June 22, 2012, 08:29:25 pm »
When did they announce that ME3 Extended Cut will be released on 26th June? Have only read that today and can't believe that it will be out in four days. I doubt there will be any significant changes, but it will be interesting to see how Bioware have dealt with it...

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: June 23, 2012, 02:00:14 am »
Why does everyone think the ending so shit for. Personally I didnt mind it too much.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: June 23, 2012, 07:04:10 am »
Why does everyone think the ending so shit for. Personally I didnt mind it too much.
1. Everything you did in ME1 and ME2 became pointless.
2. Every other ending you choose is the same - only in different colours.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #436 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11:50 am »
To be fair, there's been a fair few posts about it.

Seems that the extended cut dlc is out on tuesday 26th june. Interesting.

One chance is all you get bioware. This had better be good.
Gratitude

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: June 23, 2012, 12:32:32 pm »
1. Everything you did in ME1 and ME2 became pointless.
2. Every other ending you choose is the same - only in different colours.

Not for me. I could live with that, because it would have been a pain in the arse having a shitload of endings. And in my view the decisions you've made throughout the games have had an influence on the way the game panned out as a whole. That's fine, because you can have a different experience, if you re-play the game and do stuff differently.

The ending annoyed me, because it was so vague. I have played all three games. Have spent shitloads of hours exploring the universe and getting to know the other characters. And then it just ends. It's like going to a party, talking to loads of people and at midnight the host kicks you out of the door and tells you to go home, while all the others are still enjoying themselves. I want to know what happend to Sheppard, I want to know what happened to most of my crew. What I don't want is seeing completely incoherent bits of cut-scenes where nothing gets cleared up. I've said it countless times in this thread: I would have bought a DLC where you play either Sheppard (if he's not dead) or one of his crew members flying around the galaxy to see what has happened to the different races and your mates. No fighting, no quests, just roaming around talking to people you've been talking to throughout the games. If some of them are dead (as is to be expected) I'd have visited the place where they're buried and put some flowers there or whatever.

That's the kind of job Bioware have done with this game and they did brilliantly throughout it. You care if some of your "mates" die. You have intense cut-scenes that are touching when you're deciding the fate of some of your crew-members. The ending just pisses on that with its randomness. The ending would have been okay for a game like CoD or Battlefield where you don't give two shits about the people fighting at your side. It's not okay for a game where there is so much emphasis on the relationships to your crew-members and other NPCs.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #438 on: June 23, 2012, 03:00:39 pm »
Judging from the comments from a few gaming 'ITK's' (::)) it's not a very sizeable addition at all. Why do I have a nasty feeling that this will assuage very few and create more questions and plot holes? They really should just go with the indoctrination fan ending and say they planned it the whole time. People would think they were visionaries who'd got one over on us. As it is, people think that they're a developer that has paid very little attention to it's fanbase (story-wise) and it's own lore.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: June 23, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »
There's so much about the indoctrination theory that its almost a crime that they haven't taken it up. I watched some new video about the guns used in the ending sequence that was pretty mind blowing and couldn't have been done by accident too.

However Bioware released some photos of the planning for the Extended Ending and they're pretty much confirming that Shepard dies regardless, meaning that your virtual love interest who you cared for more than that real bird you've been fingering behind Burger King for the last 18 months will be all alone and shit :(