Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1070744 times)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #15000 on: February 2, 2021, 08:10:07 pm »
they really dont! Maddening for their fans this. They’d have been rightly dreaming of getting to the final this year.

I would love for Gladbach to win it, but hard to look beyond Dortmund despite their up and down form.

They are up 2-0 already vs Paderborn, Emre Can and Sancho with the goals.
Hmmm I would probably bet on RB Leipzig (despite really rooting for Dortmund). Just seem like a more stable club at the moment.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15001 on: February 2, 2021, 08:14:40 pm »
Hmmm I would probably bet on RB Leipzig (despite really rooting for Dortmund). Just seem like a more stable club at the moment.

yeah for sure they are a good call too!

My reasoning is more cos Dortmund have that fire-power who can change games in an instant and can get goals vs any defence. And Sancho now back looking like the one of last year, with Haaland, Reus, Reyna/Brandt off the bench, could be fun regardless!

I’m hoping that Leipzig don’t make the final, then I really don’t mind who wins, would prefer Gladbach though  ;D Bremen too - but I can’t see them getting to the final, just nowhere near being strong enough.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15002 on: February 3, 2021, 02:39:04 pm »
How come Dortmund are so shit although they have so many 100mil+ players in their team?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15003 on: February 3, 2021, 02:51:28 pm »
How come Dortmund are so shit although they have so many 100mil+ players in their team?

Too much chopping and changing of coaches over the last 5 years hasn’t helped - all with their different styles and different player demands. They can’t find the right coach post-Kloppo.

Whereas they have a reputation for their great work in the transfer market - and yep, they do a lot of great work in the transfer market when it comes to younger players especially, their work with more established signings hasn’t really been good enough at times. Some because of being hampered by injuries, but others just haven’t lived up to expectations.  I would put Schulz, Hazard, Delaney, Yarmalenko, Toprak, Schurle, Castro, Rode in the category of being frankly a waste of money in recent years (as of yet in Hazard’s case, he’s one that has struggled with injury).  They really didn’t invest the money they got from Dembele well - so that was another problem.

Still, there’s little excuse for how they failed to capatalise on Bayern’s own couple seasons of change. Dortmund still had a really really strong squad, so that I’d put down to coaching and a collective lack of mental fortutide at the business end of the season. 

Plus - fact is - Dortmund have this great reputation, but before Jürgen Klopp they where a mess - chopping and changing coaches every few months - and now they seem to be almost as bad. Their only period of real stability in the last 17 years was with the same head coach.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15004 on: February 3, 2021, 05:28:12 pm »
I said a page or two ago that Dortmund's issue is that their best players are all 20 and younger but got told that was wrong.  Maybe I should have said most important attackers as Rues seems done at this point.  You'll have consistency issues at the ages they are.  Even Haaland will hit a dry spell, relatively speaking.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15005 on: February 3, 2021, 05:32:47 pm »
I said a page or two ago that Dortmund's issue is that their best players are all 20 and younger but got told that was wrong.  Maybe I should have said most important attackers as Rues seems done at this point.  You'll have consistency issues at the ages they are.  Even Haaland will hit a dry spell, relatively speaking.
The previous two seasons were some of his best, but this one he just looks devoid of confidence. Don't know if he's done, but at his age and with his injuries it's going to be though.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15006 on: February 3, 2021, 05:46:19 pm »
The previous two seasons were some of his best, but this one he just looks devoid of confidence. Don't know if he's done, but at his age and with his injuries it's going to be though.

I wouldnt count him out yet, but maybe the pressure of being front and centre of this club for a while is having a detrimental effect finally! Cos yeah, the last two seasons he looked like the Reus of his first two seasons, he was that good. To go from that to being done, is maybe a bit too quick to call.

Dortmund’s biggest problem on the pitch at the moment is the midfield I think. Bellingham may prove to be ’the real deal’ in time, but it’s a bit of a struggle at the moment, which isn’t so surprising, considering the chopping and changing they have been doing there, especially now with Witsel out for the season.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15007 on: February 3, 2021, 06:45:18 pm »
I wouldnt count him out yet, but maybe the pressure of being front and centre of this club for a while is having a detrimental effect finally! Cos yeah, the last two seasons he looked like the Reus of his first two seasons, he was that good. To go from that to being done, is maybe a bit too quick to call.

Dortmund’s biggest problem on the pitch at the moment is the midfield I think. Bellingham may prove to be ’the real deal’ in time, but it’s a bit of a struggle at the moment, which isn’t so surprising, considering the chopping and changing they have been doing there, especially now with Witsel out for the season.

Bellingham is 17 which just kind of gets back to my point.  Its also why going with Terzic is an unnecessary risk in my mind.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15008 on: February 3, 2021, 07:29:35 pm »
No surprises in the early DFB Pokal 3rd round games today.

Wolfsburg beating Schalke 1-0, and RB Leipzig beating VfL Bochum 4-0.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15009 on: February 3, 2021, 07:36:11 pm »
No surprises in the early DFB Pokal 3rd round games today.

Wolfsburg beating Schalke 1-0, and RB Leipzig beating VfL Bochum 4-0.
Surely a perfectly sane club like Koln isn't going to lose a 2nd division mid-table team like Regensburg... ;)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15010 on: February 3, 2021, 07:39:42 pm »
Surely a perfectly sane club like Koln isn't going to lose a 2nd division mid-table team like Regensburg... ;)

see, I was just thinking - I wouldn’t even count that as being a surprise if Regensburg win  ;D  I do like FC Köln though, so I hope they do go through! Great club and fans, despite their nutty ways.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15011 on: February 3, 2021, 09:07:50 pm »
see, I was just thinking - I wouldn’t even count that as being a surprise if Regensburg win  ;D  I do like FC Köln though, so I hope they do go through! Great club and fans, despite their nutty ways.
Checking on them at the break, they dropped a 2-0 lead.

So yes, no surprises.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15012 on: February 5, 2021, 01:52:57 pm »
Just a question if anyone knows - why is there now such an influx of young American talent in the Bundesliga?

I had a theory that Klinsmann may have introduced Bundesliga clubs to young talent while he was manager of the USA, but I have no real idea

Cheaper relative to younger talent elsewhere...

Rory Smith in the NYT does a much more thorough take on the subject today...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/04/sports/soccer/bryan-reynolds-roma-mls.html
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15013 on: February 5, 2021, 07:05:13 pm »
Snowing in Berlin.  Don't think I've watched a Munich game since they played Dortmund. 

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15014 on: February 5, 2021, 08:58:24 pm »
Pretty drab game.  Not all that impressed by Munich.  Maybe a bad 90 minutes? Though their stats this season are nothing like last years.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15015 on: February 6, 2021, 02:36:08 pm »
Emre Can can’t half hit a ball  :o  That would have been some goal, but it hits the bar.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15016 on: February 6, 2021, 02:58:12 pm »
Brandt and Rues giving the ball away for fun.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15017 on: February 6, 2021, 03:20:13 pm »
Mainz 1 up at half time. Demirbay with 2 goals for Leverkusen vs Stuttgart, oh and Wolfsburg winning again at half time, Weghorst the scorer again. They are having one heck of a season so far.

Freiburg did well that half, could have, probably should have scored too, but then dortmund had a couple cracking chances too.The scoreline doesn’t reflect the game, it’s been a decent battle.  Sancho not at the races yet. Haaland with one good chance close in, but saved well.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15018 on: February 6, 2021, 03:39:09 pm »
whata hit son!!
Great goal from Jeong. Hitz could not get near that.

Oh yeah! Make that 2-0 Freiburg, a horrible bit of goalie-ing from Hitz there.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2021, 03:41:16 pm by Dim Glas »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15019 on: February 6, 2021, 03:59:16 pm »
Remember when Dortmund gave the job to somebody nobody has ever heard and finished outside the top 4? You will soon.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15020 on: February 6, 2021, 04:02:43 pm »
They have basically stood still. Beyond average under Favre, now average still, with the only difference is that they now seem to care and put in the effort, rather than ambling around trying to get their coach sacked.

By the way - Emre Can at right back, that’s been his whole career hasn’t it - having to fill in gaps!

Love watching Freiburg though, the way they work for Streich is incredible, the pressing, the sheer will, fight and dicipline, and also, they can play some decent footy at times.

Mouuukoko! Nice goal brings Dortmund back into it.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2021, 04:05:14 pm by Dim Glas »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15021 on: February 6, 2021, 04:09:30 pm »
Wonder what happens to Sancho. If they miss top 4 Haaland/raiola is going to be pushing to leave you'd think, if he wasn't going to already. More teams would be after him than Sancho at this point. United just spent a lot on Diallo, unless they moved someone on you'd think they'd go with him and they'd probably want Haaland over Sancho as well.

Guess that's part of their issue with being a stop over for developing players. You're nearly always a transfer window from having to start all over again.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15022 on: February 6, 2021, 04:13:39 pm »
Wonder what happens to Sancho. If they miss top 4 Haaland/raiola is going to be pushing to leave you'd think, if he wasn't going to already. Think more teams would be after him than Sancho at this point. United just spent a lot on Diallo, unless they moved someone on you'd think they'd go with him and they'd probably want Haaland over Sancho as well.

Guess that's part of their issue with being a stop over for developing players. You're nearly always a transfer window from having to start all over again.

For Haaland, it’s going to take a team to make a quite ridiculous offer this summer for him to go. I am not sure who will with the finances the way they are. Unless Abu Dhabi decide to just go for it and pay up. Only the oil clubs / dodgy Russian owned clubs could do it surely.  So I would’t be surprised if it’s not even a thing this summer, and then next year, there will be about 10 clubs who offer the buy-out for him, and he gets to pick and choose his contract.

Sancho will be the one leaving. And because of the Haaland contract, and clause, they should be very motivated to try and get a decent fee for Sancho. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15023 on: February 6, 2021, 04:25:11 pm »
I love Christian Streich  ;D  He is so happy. Freiburg well deserved winners, 2-1 vs Dortmund, they worked so hard for that.

Big win for Mainz too, and a Leverkusen scoring the goals in a 5-2 win vs Stuttgart.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15024 on: February 6, 2021, 05:14:27 pm »
I don't want to keep beating a dead horse but their results and performances aren't any better at all since sacking Favre.  I'd actually say they've gotten worse.  Still time to turn it around but I'd say there are better odds that they have to get another manager before the end of the season as a stop gap to Rose than there is that Terzic makes it to the end.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15025 on: February 7, 2021, 09:31:40 am »
For Haaland, it’s going to take a team to make a quite ridiculous offer this summer for him to go. I am not sure who will with the finances the way they are. Unless Abu Dhabi decide to just go for it and pay up. Only the oil clubs / dodgy Russian owned clubs could do it surely.  So I would’t be surprised if it’s not even a thing this summer, and then next year, there will be about 10 clubs who offer the buy-out for him, and he gets to pick and choose his contract.

Sancho will be the one leaving. And because of the Haaland contract, and clause, they should be very motivated to try and get a decent fee for Sancho.
100% agree with this. They cash in on Sancho, Haaland and Raiola basically get paid what they want by whatever club they want to pay it.

You look at Dortmund’s squad and think it’s probably the best it’s been in the post Klopp era? They should be doing so, so much better. Favre never struck me as an appointment with the charisma to win over the fan base and players. Poor again yesterday.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15026 on: February 7, 2021, 09:36:18 am »
100% agree with this. They cash in on Sancho, Haaland and Raiola basically get paid what they want by whatever club they want to pay it.

You look at Dortmund’s squad and think it’s probably the best it’s been in the post Klopp era? They should be doing so, so much better. Favre never struck me as an appointment with the charisma to win over the fan base and players. Poor again yesterday.
I think the squad in Tuchel's first season had more balance. Dortmund are badly missing someone like Gundogan in their midfield. Maybe Bellingham can turn into this in the next few seasons, but he's not there yet by any means.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15027 on: February 7, 2021, 10:23:02 am »
I think the squad in Tuchel's first season had more balance. Dortmund are badly missing someone like Gundogan in their midfield. Maybe Bellingham can turn into this in the next few seasons, but he's not there yet by any means.
Probably, just running over the squad in my mind they definitely had more experience then. It’s fair to say the talent they currently have massively outstrips the level of performance they’re showing.

Bellingham is a massive talent like you say, but if they’re putting their faith in an 18 year old there’s worry on the horizon. The whole mentality of the group is off.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15028 on: February 7, 2021, 10:37:12 am »
Probably, just running over the squad in my mind they definitely had more experience then. It’s fair to say the talent they currently have massively outstrips the level of performance they’re showing.

Bellingham is a massive talent like you say, but if they’re putting their faith in an 18 year old there’s worry on the horizon. The whole mentality of the group is off.
Sure. You can rightfully say that Haaland and Sancho are bigger talents than Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan, but the latter were still excellent, reliable players that had one of the best seasons in their careers then. The only position I think is significantly better these days is LB.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15029 on: February 7, 2021, 10:44:12 am »
Sure. You can rightfully say that Haaland and Sancho are bigger talents than Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan, but the latter were still excellent, reliable players that had one of the best seasons in their careers then. The only position I think is significantly better these days is LB.
Guerreiro over Schmelzer? Agreed. Having an odd memory lapse as to the composition of the squad once Klopp left.

It’s a shame because they’re so much more likeable than Bayern. It is on my bucket list to go and watch both at their home grounds though.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15030 on: February 7, 2021, 10:58:56 am »
Guerreiro over Schmelzer? Agreed. Having an odd memory lapse as to the composition of the squad once Klopp left.

It’s a shame because they’re so much more likeable than Bayern. It is on my bucket list to go and watch both at their home grounds though.
Yes. Their line up was typically Burki - Piszcu, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl, Gundogan, Kagawa - Reus, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang. Not every player is amazing, but it was really one of the best football team I remember. I credit it to Klopp more than Tuchel :P

The only I support - ie watch every game, happy when we win or sad when we lose - is Liverpool, but Dortmund is the closest thing to a 2nd team for me. I always liked them, but when Klopp's team was approaching their peak I became a bit of a fan.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15031 on: February 7, 2021, 11:30:46 am »
Yes. Their line up was typically Burki - Piszcu, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl, Gundogan, Kagawa - Reus, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang. Not every player is amazing, but it was really one of the best football team I remember. I credit it to Klopp more than Tuchel :P

The only I support - ie watch every game, happy when we win or sad when we lose - is Liverpool, but Dortmund is the closest thing to a 2nd team for me. I always liked them, but when Klopp's team was approaching their peak I became a bit of a fan.
Always like hearing when people have second teams or sides they’re fond of for whatever reason. I’m like you, I only really ‘support’ Liverpool but I watch all of Ajax’s games (my Grandad, a massive Liverpool fan, in his mid 20s spent time as a guest lecturer in Amsterdam and used go and watch the all-conquering Ajax side, bought loads of memorabilia back with him so he always followed them and used to say when I was little about how incredible a club Ajax were when I was young in the 90s - of course watching them regularly wasn’t a possibility then but I grew up on the legend) and consider myself a bit of a follower.

I also follow Crewe Alex, as half my family is from there and  it’s their team. They’ve done really well past few years but started to sell off their best young players. To a lesser extent I also look out for Fiorentina’s results as I have the romantic 90s football Italia memories in my head.

Completely off topic!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15032 on: February 7, 2021, 02:35:02 pm »

yeah I think that squad was the better for balance, and depth in the right areas - there as a reason they where favourites to win the Europa that year, when we met them the consensous was that Dortmund have by far the better team than Liverpool, cos they where rightly the favourite, we where the underdog.

It was a pretty settled team. This team now is far deeper in attack with a couple absoulte standout talents. But defence and midfield, and for overall balance that team back then was far better.  But there was miss-use there. Ginter was really poorly used by Tuchel - he’s ended up being what he promised to be - a really good player and leader - he’s better than any defender Dortmund now have bar Hummels. Bender probably wasn’t used properly either. Kampl for whatever reason was totally disgarded - which was really weird, cos he too has shown in recent years how good he is. So what was a strong unit, didn’t maybe appear to be from the outside at times. 

But yeah, I’d take that team over this one. But make no mistake, this one right now is still  a really strong squad - that has underachieved.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15033 on: February 7, 2021, 02:48:58 pm »
Watching the Hoffenheim - Frankfurt game, and Filip Kostic scored a very nice goal - what a player he’s been over the last few years in the Bundesliga.  Maybe doesn’t quite get the attention due to the teams he’s been on, but just such a good player year in year out.

Anyway, Frankfurt quietly having a strong season, hope they can make the European places again, and hopefully fans will be back at some point next season, cos European football is a far better place with Eintracht Frankfurt fans in it  ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15034 on: February 8, 2021, 05:58:44 pm »
Bayern about to kick off in the World Club Cup.

On iplayer and the red button.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15035 on: February 8, 2021, 06:12:32 pm »
what a farce that tournament is even going on, but then it’s all about the money of course.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15036 on: February 11, 2021, 12:14:49 pm »
The 2nd greatest German coach in football, Christian Streich, has extended his contract with Freiburg, not a surprise of course! They never announce terms, or lenght, but he usually signs 1 or 2 year deals. He’s been with the club since 1995.

And in other news apparently Thomas Müller has tested positive for covid, while Bayern are on that nonsensical World Club cup jaunt.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #15037 on: February 11, 2021, 05:55:35 pm »
The 2020 Club World Cup Final : Bayern vs Tigres - a 6pm kick off (UK time)

The match is live in the UK on BBC Red Button / BBC iPlayer / BBC Sport Website - www.live-footballontv.com : www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/55693664

TV stations around the world showing the match live (+ great for IPTV etc) - www.livesoccertv.com/match/3893274/bayern-m-nchen-vs-tigres-uanl

Streams: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0 & https://daddylive.club/cast/stream-54.php & https://techoreels.com/6214/s1/?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_FIFA_Club_World_Cup : www.fifa.com/clubworldcup : https://twitter.com/FIFAcom : www.flashscore.co.uk/football/world/fifa-club-world-cup

Tigres could be the first team outside of Europe or South America to win the Club World Cup - so c'mon Tigres (they beat Palmeiras 1-0 in the semi-final) ;D

Edit...

'Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Tigres UANL | FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2020 Final' (2 minute highlights):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oXiYYQ8KYC8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oXiYYQ8KYC8</a>

Live Match Blog & Report: https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/feb/11/bayern-munich-v-tigres-club-world-cup-final-live

Bayern's Pavard diving (like salmon) for a freekick in his own penalty area : https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/lhyj92/pavard_dive_vs_tigres_cwc

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:37:04 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15038 on: February 13, 2021, 03:01:56 pm »
Dortmund giving our form a run for its money in patheticness.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15039 on: February 13, 2021, 03:46:36 pm »
Dortmund giving our form a run for its money in patheticness.

That was just terrible attempted keeping there by Hitz - the main difference between us and them is management - they basically kept a mediocre Favre on in the summer, then sacked him and promoted his assistant to try and save money - which is now massively back firing on them as they are really skating on thin ice whether they make the CL.  Whereas we still have the best manager in the world, and have been incredibly unlucky with a string on injuries, Mane going back to his early (poor) Saints days and some bad refereeing, alongside chronic under-investment in the team the last 3 years when we should have been looking to take advantage of our performances