Author Topic: Fun stuff to look at and do whilst we are stuck inside for eternity..  (Read 33493 times)

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
Re: Fun stuff to look at and do whilst we are stuck inside for eternity..
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2020, 07:00:28 am »

https://online.nikonschool.com/courses/

Nikon photography classes at no cost.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2020, 08:10:23 am »
Rembrandt’s The Night Watch.

44.8-gigapixel image
528 exposures
0.02 mm between each pixel
Zoom in on individual brushstrokes and even particles of pigment

http://hyper-resolution.org/view.html?i=Rijksmuseum/SK-C-5/SK-C-5_VIS_20-um_2019-12-21

Wow. The night watch is simply incredible

So large and so brilliant it overwhelms you.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2020, 09:36:59 am »
Live webcam of an Eagles nest in Ireland. The mother is currently stripping a big black bird for its chick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SPSOIIEFIdU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SPSOIIEFIdU</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2020, 10:25:53 am »

44.8-gigapixel image
528 exposures

http://hyper-resolution.org/view.html?i=Rijksmuseum/SK-C-5/SK-C-5_VIS_20-um_2019-12-21
:thumbup
The dog doesn't look finished  :-\
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2020, 03:55:33 am »

Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali's silent film.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RDbav8hcl5U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RDbav8hcl5U</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2020, 06:00:07 am »

8)   Stonehenge will livestream its summer solstice celebration for the first time ever

JUST BECAUSE STONEHENGE is thousands of years old doesn’t mean it can’t adapt to the virtual age.

The ancient, mystical site typically hosts one of the world’s most popular summer solstice celebrations, attracting thousands of people, including the druid and pagan community, on the longest day of the year to watch the sun rise behind the Heel Stone.

This year, however, the usual celebration won’t be possible. The English Heritage organization, which manages Stonehenge, is asking people not to visit the site, and is instead offering a livestream of the sunrise.

Nichola Tasker, the director of Stonehenge, said, “We have consulted widely on whether we could have proceeded safely and we would have dearly liked to host the event as per usual, but sadly in the end, we feel we have no choice but to cancel. We hope that our live stream offers an alternative opportunity for people near and far to connect with this spiritual place at such a special time of year and we look forward to welcoming everyone back next year.”

The summer solstice at Stonehenge will stream live on Sunday morning, June 21 (local time), on English Heritage’s social media accounts.

https://matadornetwork.com/read/stonehenge-livestream-summer-solstice-celebration/

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2020, 07:20:00 pm »

44.8-gigapixel image
528 exposures

Looks like a photograph.

..til the close up.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2020, 12:18:36 pm »
It's been noticable the last few days ever since the slight relaxation in what you can do, that the number of light aircraft up in the air over the UK has increased quite a bit.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2020, 01:45:40 pm »
It's been noticable the last few days ever since the slight relaxation in what you can do, that the number of light aircraft up in the air over the UK has increased quite a bit.

Fella at work has taken the afternoon off to fly his powered parachute.
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2020, 06:35:52 am »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCycDFnpMeWzaITQSD1dWsOA

"Cult Cinema Classics."    :wave

Full movies.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2020, 03:59:45 pm »
Name all 82 FA Cup final goalscorers in the past 40 years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52732255
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2020, 07:12:49 pm »
I came across this drawing site, which is brilliant. It basically teaches you to draw animals/birds by using shapes and then filling in the details afterwards. I always assumed my drawing would remain pretty average, but drawing in this way has been very straight-forward. It's worth having a go.

http://how2drawanimals.com/
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2020, 08:28:46 pm »
I came across this drawing site, which is brilliant. It basically teaches you to draw animals/birds by using shapes and then filling in the details afterwards. I always assumed my drawing would remain pretty average, but drawing in this way has been very straight-forward. It's worth having a go.

Did you chat with Effes onsite?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2020, 08:40:50 pm »

http://how2drawanimalsintoyourbedroom.com/
Did you chat with Effes onsite?
Looks like it; check out the website address  :o
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2020, 08:43:35 pm »
Looks like it; check out the website address  :o

:lmao
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2020, 08:54:38 pm »
Looks like a photograph.

That's amazing!  Reminds me of this I saw at the Shelburne museum in the US

Hope the link works.  If not, I'll upload it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2020, 07:54:23 pm »

Brilliant, cheers Jill. Already drawn a hawk and the kids are impressed with it :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2020, 07:56:24 pm »
Brilliant, cheers Jill. Already drawn a hawk and the kids are impressed with it :thumbup

Isn't it cute when kids humour their parents.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2020, 08:34:33 pm »
Isn't it cute when kids humour their parents.

It makes a change from them calling me a miserable fat bastard :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2020, 10:58:44 pm »
It makes a change from them calling me a miserable fat bastard :thumbup

Miserable fat artistic bastard.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2020, 08:29:11 am »

I love using flight radar having a nose on what planes are flying over I live under the flight path to Edinburgh Airport so mainly planes landing or taking off but get the odd plane you can see on a clear day find out its going from Holland to USA a bit sad but it's interesting haha.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47:01 pm »
I love using flight radar having a nose on what planes are flying over I live under the flight path to Edinburgh Airport so mainly planes landing or taking off but get the odd plane you can see on a clear day find out its going from Holland to USA a bit sad but it's interesting haha.

I do the same thing, especially at night when i walk the dog to identify the aircraft any flashing lights of aircraft in the sky

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #383 on: May 28, 2020, 07:37:22 pm »
I do the same thing, especially at night when i walk the dog to identify the aircraft any flashing lights of aircraft in the sky

Yeah it’s quite good seen a few strange planes with no branding on it coming into land in recent weeks think it’s medical supplies coming from the East Midlands.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2020, 09:36:33 pm »

Yeah it’s quite good seen a few strange planes with no branding on it coming into land in recent weeks think it’s medical supplies coming from the East Midlands.

An RAF Globemaster was doing loops over ours a few weeks ago, before heading back down to Brize Norton, that was good to follow. Saw a few Chinooks while out walking but had no phone so couldn't track them.

On the subject of plane tracking, I would have loved to have seen the looks on the faces, when the RAF gave the USAF the precise tracks of their super secret stealth bombers flying unannounced and "undetected" over the UK. ;D
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #385 on: May 29, 2020, 12:59:02 am »

279 art galleries.              :wave

https://www.artbasel.com/viewing-rooms

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2020, 08:01:25 pm »
Thank you farawayred! :thumbup
You can try to dock the Dragon yourselves:
https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

:)
That simulator does indeed look similar to what the astronauts are looking at right now in the Dragon capsule. Here's a screenshot I took from the launch just now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:41:38 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2020, 12:04:29 am »

;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #388 on: June 3, 2020, 12:22:13 am »
How fucking cool is this..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/DDU-rZs-Ic4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/DDU-rZs-Ic4</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2020, 12:25:19 pm »
Mesmerizing that. Amazing that it's "live" (I suppose there is some delay). Lovely bit of ambient music as well.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #391 on: October 13, 2023, 01:56:48 pm »
Liverpool comedian Paul Smith. I've only discovered him in the last week him Youtube collection is superb. A very funny man.
I've just discovered this lad recently.

He's one funny fucker. He's absolutely brilliant.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.