Author Topic: What Podcasts do you listen to?  (Read 153878 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?
« Reply #1200 on: March 19, 2024, 07:39:26 pm »
53 minutes is a podcast about how Ali Dia got his premier league debut

Hosted by Josh Widecombe and Dara O'Brien, I have high expectations
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: March 20, 2024, 07:39:38 am »
The Upshot podcast is quite funny. They cover a different controversial sportsperson each week and give stories which you wouldn't generally hear in the mainstream media.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1202 on: March 20, 2024, 02:17:36 pm »
The Upshot podcast is quite funny. They cover a different controversial sportsperson each week and give stories which you wouldn't generally hear in the mainstream media.

Looks interesting, nice one Dave.

A similar one is Evil Genius, where they take a famous divisive person and discuss the good and bad of them
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: March 20, 2024, 03:38:58 pm »
Looks interesting, nice one Dave.

A similar one is Evil Genius, where they take a famous divisive person and discuss the good and bad of them

No worries. I won't say its a groundbreaking podcast but plenty of funny bits to help pass the time of day.

I struggle to find really interesting podcasts nowadays and feel the whole podcast world is over saturated. Take the Jason McAteer one from the previous page for example. I started to listen and thought I have heard all these stories before! The same people do the podcast circuit and talk about the same topics as if they are reading off a script. I just feel loads of podcasts I once enjoyed are just going through the motions to coin it in off the advertisers. Most of the podcasts I listen to nowadays are news/current affairs as at least they are somewhat fresh.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: March 25, 2024, 03:19:24 pm »
Can anyone clarify something for me.

Was listening to Beardsley on 'the rest is football' podcast and he was reminiscing about John Barnes' character, ability, skill etc. When he was doing this he kept saying "as you'd know Micah" and "as your aware Micah" or words to that effect.

Is there a link between Micah Richards and John Barnes I don't know about?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1205 on: May 6, 2024, 01:35:24 pm »
This is a really good listen on the phone hacking scandal with further information included. It surely has to be looked at all over again.

https://t.co/bMThRy3weT
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: May 6, 2024, 04:15:41 pm »
Thanks Jill, I'll give that a listen as well as a few others in there. I've never seen that before.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1207 on: May 6, 2024, 04:34:06 pm »
Thanks Jill, I'll give that a listen as well as a few others in there. I've never seen that before.

No problems, John. I only came across it from a tweet by the Independent they are doing a lot on this story and trying to spread it around and give it as much coverage as they can.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1208 on: May 7, 2024, 01:22:05 am »
Smartless with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett, last one I listened too they had Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Joe Biden on.

Parks and Recollection - series looking back at all the Parks and Rec episodes, hosted by Jim O'Heir (Jerry).

Did used to listen to The Always Sunny Podcast, but they've been on a bit of a hiatus since last summer.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...