Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 29566 times)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #800 on: May 6, 2024, 10:58:46 am »
Waited all that time for a Lando win and I missed it all watching Bruce Springsteen :(

FUCKING GET IN!!!

Only watched the Sky Sports 18 minute highlights but looked a fun race, was it as entertaining for the full race?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #801 on: May 6, 2024, 11:12:25 am »
Waited all that time for a Lando win and I missed it all watching Bruce Springsteen :(

FUCKING GET IN!!!

Only watched the Sky Sports 18 minute highlights but looked a fun race, was it as entertaining for the full race?

I’d say it was, it was all very much about the McLarens, Piastri for the first half, but Norris even before the safety car was putting some impressive lap times, then the safety car and it was probably less exciting in terms of racing as Verstappen wasn’t catching Norris and Leclerc wasn’t catching Verstappen but then the excitement came from the anticipation rather then what was happening in the race itself.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #802 on: May 7, 2024, 09:20:27 am »
That whole Trump turning up thing is really bugging me. Tainting the win. The fuck was Zac Brown thinking??

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #803 on: May 7, 2024, 10:54:43 am »

FUCKING GET IN!!!

I enjoyed it, you could tell early on that the McLarens had pace to keep Verstappen close enough. For him to then make the mistake himself which caused a safety car was incredible, and after that it was all about how Lando drove and waiting on any further safety cars. Meanwhile, Sainz was out to get Piastri and there was a few other battles going on from P5-P15.

If there was a later safety car and Verstappen was able to get the softs on, it would have been interesting to see how matched that McLaren is, and how Norris would have driven with that pressure.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #804 on: May 7, 2024, 11:19:26 am »
I enjoyed it, you could tell early on that the McLarens had pace to keep Verstappen close enough. For him to then make the mistake himself which caused a safety car was incredible, and after that it was all about how Lando drove and waiting on any further safety cars. Meanwhile, Sainz was out to get Piastri and there was a few other battles going on from P5-P15.

If there was a later safety car and Verstappen was able to get the softs on, it would have been interesting to see how matched that McLaren is, and how Norris would have driven with that pressure.

Verstappen's mistake caused a very brief VSC and didn't change much no? It was Sargeant being shunted into the barrier that brought out the safety car Lando benefitted from?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #805 on: May 7, 2024, 11:27:46 am »
Verstappen's mistake caused a very brief VSC and didn't change much no? It was Sargeant being shunted into the barrier that brought out the safety car Lando benefitted from?

indeed.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #806 on: May 7, 2024, 11:34:18 am »

Ahh yeah sorry, but I think he pitted earlier than he could have due to potential damage and was slowed down as a result.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #807 on: May 7, 2024, 02:42:07 pm »
Ahh yeah sorry, but I think he pitted earlier than he could have due to potential damage and was slowed down as a result.

Yeah, Piastri's role at the beginning cannot be understated. Verstappen struggled to gap him, then he saw Norris' times post Perez pitting and made the mistake under pressure.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: May 7, 2024, 02:48:37 pm »
Comes to something when a sport can be defined by someone taking advantage of a safety car situation.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #809 on: May 7, 2024, 03:26:26 pm »
Comes to something when a sport can be defined by someone taking advantage of a safety car situation.

nothing new there.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: May 7, 2024, 03:37:27 pm »
nothing new there.

to be honest, its what has turned me off the sport, it might have always been that way but when the race is decided by external factors it stops feeling like a race - different strategies in the pit lane i can handle, hard tyres, soft tyres etc

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #811 on: May 7, 2024, 04:55:52 pm »
to be honest, its what has turned me off the sport, it might have always been that way but when the race is decided by external factors it stops feeling like a race - different strategies in the pit lane i can handle, hard tyres, soft tyres etc

'external factors' as you call them have always been a part of F1.

people crashing
cars breaking down
tyres exploding
wheels falling off
some irish bloke running across the track
drain covers coming off

the list goes on and on.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #812 on: May 7, 2024, 06:07:48 pm »
Delighted for lando
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #813 on: May 7, 2024, 06:08:49 pm »
That whole Trump turning up thing is really bugging me. Tainting the win. The fuck was Zac Brown thinking??

To be fair to Trump at least he turned up with a papaya tan to show his support for McLaren.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #814 on: May 7, 2024, 11:31:42 pm »

Same in a lot of sports, dodgy ref decisions in football used to happen all the time, still happen now with VAR, and in F1 the virtual safety car makes it a little bit fairer when it’s used instead of a full safety car.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #815 on: May 8, 2024, 07:02:46 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZVfMuduE1s