Author Topic: Elden Ring  (Read 20330 times)

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
Re: Elden Ring
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2024, 07:45:01 pm »
Okay, so much more fun as a Samurai!

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2024, 05:52:41 pm »
Samurai is best  8)
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #442 on: April 29, 2024, 02:17:04 pm »
My samurai’s unsheathe ability is CARRYING me  ;D

I heard there’s a better version of the Uchigatana somewhere in the game so I’m keeping my eyes open for it / any questline hinting at it.

I do also have the Bloodhound’s Fang now but don’t have the necessary strength level yet to use it. Not even sure if it’s better than the Uchi (I’ve mainly gone for a dexterity build).

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 29, 2024, 02:25:27 pm »
You're going pretty much down the route I took. First a DEX build, but I later switched to bleed focus, ie Rivers of Blood build. It makes the end game bit of ajoke to be honest, I chopped Malenia (late game boss) like she was made from wet paper. But pure DEX is fine as well.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #444 on: April 29, 2024, 03:15:55 pm »
Well, I’m going down a different route since I’ve been happy to use my horse right from the get-go  ;D

Spent about an hour reading back through this thread and your journey from “this game is bollocks” to “this game is the dog’s bollocks” was EPIC  ;D

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #445 on: May 2, 2024, 07:50:08 am »
I’m about 15 hours in now and have done nothing whatsoever relating to the main story yet.

Everything in this god forsaken world scares the shit out of me so I’ve just been collecting buffs all around the map and leveling up by farming runes at Lenne’s Rise (big metal ball).

I’m at level 75 now and have the Nagakiba at +15 with the double slash AOW and the Blooodflame incantation for rapid bleed buildup.

It might be time to finally go visit Margit  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: May 2, 2024, 08:43:16 am »
Well, I’m going down a different route since I’ve been happy to use my horse right from the get-go  ;D

Spent about an hour reading back through this thread and your journey from “this game is bollocks” to “this game is the dog’s bollocks” was EPIC  ;D

Absolutely hated the dog-horse all through my playthrough.
Just managed to scrable enough patience to stick with it because all-walk playthrough was pretty much impossible.

;D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #447 on: May 2, 2024, 10:10:53 am »
I was at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday for the Elden Ring Symphony, which was pretty epic and made me want to play the game all over again.
Here's a snippet I found on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOfCeCbFKq8&ab_channel=Speedy471

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: May 2, 2024, 08:13:15 pm »
I’m at level 75 now and have the Nagakiba at +15 with the double slash AOW and the Blooodflame incantation for rapid bleed buildup.

It might be time to finally go visit Margit  ;D

Damn dude you are gonna completely stomp the whole game if you are level 75 before visiting Margit, I think most people do that around lvl 20-25!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #449 on: May 2, 2024, 09:59:20 pm »
Damn dude you are gonna completely stomp the whole game if you are level 75 before visiting Margit, I think most people do that around lvl 20-25!

I’m sure there are much much tougher challenges ahead - but yes, I finally went up to Margit and easily brushed him aside.

What can I say - I like to over-prepare ;D

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #450 on: Yesterday at 09:29:30 am »
Finished the gigantic Stormveil Castle last night and beat Godrick to get my first Great Rune 8)

Where do I go next? The Academy (already unlocked the seal at the entrance) or more exploration in Caelid? i.e. Radahn or Rennala first?

I’m level 83 now and my Bloodhound Fang (somber weapon) is at +6