Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by Johnny Aldridge on Today at 05:17:18 am »
Enjoy/Endure that’s a supporters lot. We’ve endured worse seasons than this one that’s for sure a Top 4 finish and a trophy isn’t the worst. The kids we seen this season are something to be excited about and taken from the season.
How is Toni Kroos still playing so well?

If only Stevie'd been a better salesman over the phone 10 years ago...
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by ScouserAtHeart on Today at 05:00:06 am »
(*) A source close to EFC told Josimar that the club had enough cash available to honour payroll commitments until the end of the summer.

Who in the blue hell is Josimar
Any apology for us, or has it been added to the "99% correct" pile? Just think how far ahead we'd be in the VARd Done By table if they included all the blatantly corrupt calls that were logged as correct!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by yes on Today at 04:25:00 am »
I have written some critical comments about Salah in this thread, but my overriding memory of Salah will always be his performance against Roma. In the Anfield semi-final, he was UNPLAYABLE. We romped to a 5-0 advantage with Salah contributing 2 goals & 2 assists. When he was taken off (as a precaution), we lost momentum and conceded 2 late goals. But those 75 minutes were PURE FOOTBALL GOLD.. the closest to a Maradona performance by a Liverpool player in my 40+ years supporting the Reds.

Better than Suarez? Interesting.
News and Current Affairs / Student Protests
« Last post by Mimi on Today at 04:01:48 am »
For a free Palestine but also exposing the intolerance for dissent in their respective countries. In how many countries now? Never felt more hopeful for youth than now.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by farawayred on Today at 03:43:00 am »
Plucked from thin air.
Not quite, from another place - pluctus rectum.
Biggest worries about him is this supposed all out all the time approach. I find this a bit odd as well since he seems to love pep and I don't really seem themnin that way.

Other thing is that he's Dutch. He will 100% say stuff that people don't like. Whether it be fans, players, oppo or those above him. It's the way of the world.

He’s not exactly all balls out from what I’ve seen. They’re fairly methodical in their buildup play. But they press from all angles with more players, while our pressing these days is very structured towards midfield traps.

And the Dutch themselves think he’s genuinely a good human being that takes no shit. I honestly think that’s a great thing.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Kansti on Today at 03:21:11 am »
I think he could benefit from adding more muscle mass to his frame this summer. He is too slight at times for his height. It shows in his aerial duels. Too easy to put off with a nudge. We can't control possession by lumping to his head when we need to. I'd argue that is true for his shooting as well. Lean into him a little and he misses the target. A few facets of his game should improve if he adds half a stone or so. His body should be mature enough to handle it now. Extra weight might reduce his stamina when sprinting, but should help against low blocks. If he doesn't want to place his shots, he can just hit them that much harder.     

I don’t really think he needs to add mass, he needs to add aggression to his game. He might be a hot-head, but actually looks rather tentative when competing against centre-backs. I’ve said the same for Luis Diaz. He’s skilful and a fighter when it comes to not giving up, but he lacks the aggression of penetrating a defence and taking defenders on, which was what Mane had in abundance.

Someone posted an article about how Slot basically sent one of the Feyenoord lads for Muay Thai classes to add that aggression to his game. A lot of our players need that lol. We are too nice.
News and Current Affairs / Re: India - deteriorating?
« Last post by Bullet500 on Today at 03:17:48 am »
The communists we hate outright because we know how devious they can be.
Nobody can be Dinesh D'Souza and a communist at the same time, bro.  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10