Author Topic: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg  (Read 98184 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02:06 pm »
Been jittery all day can't focus at all, gets worse as the day goes on. Tomorrow I'll try to jump out of my skin and see how that goes

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2018, 08:03:30 pm »
Their set of away results in the CL isn't impressive at all but they do seem to score most of the time

At home they're very good

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2018, 08:08:39 pm »
Nervous and excited about this game. Don’t really know what to expect of Roma. Being honest, I’ve not seen a single game of Roma this season, how are they going to approach this game? Are they going to come out and play or are they likely to sit deep and wait for counter attacks and set pieces?

Hopefully they aren’t used to the pace we play at and we can blow them away but I’ve got a feeling it’ll be a tight affair. Looking at their squad they have a lot of height and power so will be an interesting battle in midfield

Come on redmen. Let’s do this!!!!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2018, 08:18:13 pm »
Can only look at our side and just feel nothing but pride .......whatever happens they have done us a world of good this season and everyone of them deserve a huge grin of gratitude. Bring Roma on as I really dont care about who we face as every time we have met a challenge we have surpassed expectations.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2018, 08:19:29 pm »
one of the first replies:

We show respect to them. Now if they don't try to destroy our bus that would be great. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm serious.

Liverpool fc 2018 : Bus - bangers :)

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2018, 08:22:19 pm »
Have to say i'm the complete opposite. I was looking forward to City. We were the underdog and i was exciting if we could pull off something special in Europe again with the understanding if we were beaten then so be it as long as we gave it everything. I'd feel the same if our semi was against the likes of Real, Barca or Bayern. But i'm really dreading this game. We're better than them, we should get to the final so it'll be sickening if we blow it now against Roma. It's like when we throw away points in the league against weaker teams. It's so disappointing and frustrating because you know what we could be if we could stop fucking up and beat who we should beat on paper. The feelings going to be x100 if we blow this opportunity.

I just think we are going to smash them, so maybe thats why I'm not so nervous. We have surprised a lot in the knockout stages, smashing Porto away, then 5-1 agg score against that lot down the road, think another one is coming up tomorrow, Roma are capable of frustrating us for long periods, but they are also capable of folding and getting hammered 6-0.  :D Think my arse will go sometime between 3-5pm tomorrow.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2018, 08:43:55 pm »
Their set of away results in the CL isn't impressive at all but they do seem to score most of the time

At home they're very good

You think? Besides Chelsea and Barca I don't see anything that impressive. Losing 3-0 at home to Porto is a shite result.

I'm pretty calm about tomorrow, I think we will win and go through quite comfortably.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2018, 08:45:57 pm »
How can some of you be calm? You nutters :D

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:54 pm »
Strangely I'm not even nervous about this game - I'd actually be very disappointed if we don't go through.

City game was different even with a 3-0 lead going into the 2nd leg, they clearly had the quality to get back in it, as evidenced by the first half.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2018, 08:54:12 pm »
If they score early for whatever reason, I hope we keep our composure

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2018, 08:56:15 pm »
If they score early for whatever reason, I hope we keep our composure
I think we will, much more confident in this team now than I was at the start of the season
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2018, 08:56:41 pm »
You think? Besides Chelsea and Barca I don't see anything that impressive. Losing 3-0 at home to Porto is a shite result.

I'm pretty calm about tomorrow, I think we will win and go through quite comfortably.

The Porto result is from 2016.

They've gone through the last two rounds on away goals, clean sheet will be very important.
:D

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2018, 08:59:53 pm »
i must have typed 20 messages and deleted them all. its just a massive game. very confident like but i assume roma are aswell. off work tomorrow for an exam at 10am then into town on the ale by 2.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2018, 09:04:03 pm »
The ref's a doctor.

I don't know what of, but he is a doctor.

Anyhow, he sent a Klopp player off in 2007 for Mainz - I proper reckon Herr Klopp asked for a consult there.

Same ref as for Man City isn't it.

Felix Brych - Germany.  He must have enjoyed the atmosphere, asked to come back!!
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2018, 09:04:28 pm »
The Porto result is from 2016.

They've gone through the last two rounds on away goals, clean sheet will be very important.

Yeah always are in these competitions. I just think that in the semi final of the Champions league we could be facing a much harder game than Roma. Seen them play a few times this season and they  are a good team I just think we will have to much for them so I see us going through comfortably.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2018, 09:08:22 pm »
Yeah always are in these competitions. I just think that in the semi final of the Champions league we could be facing a much harder game than Roma. Seen them play a few times this season and they  are a good team I just think we will have to much for them so I see us going through comfortably.
Yeah my head says we'll smash them but my heart doesn't think that makes sense for a CL semi final. May your calm guide us through ;D
:D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:11 pm »

I'm more excited than anything else, I was shot to pieces for the second leg v City but this I'm looking forward to.
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:57 pm »
I'm more excited than anything else, I was shot to pieces for the second leg v City but this I'm looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to it as well, but also dreading the though of us being knocked out by them.

:butt

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2018, 09:13:02 pm »
Yeah my head says we'll smash them but my heart doesn't think that makes sense for a CL semi final. May your calm guide us through ;D

Well the first half against City at their place I was a nervous wreck. After they scored in a minute or whatever it was I thought we would be 4-0 down by half time but it wasn't to be.

Probably shoulldn't say it out loud but not only am I confident of going through I think we will beat Madrid 3-1 in the final.

6 times lads, It's happening.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2018, 09:16:14 pm »

Utterly calm, it's going to be a glorious night.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2018, 09:16:15 pm »
Well the first half against City at their place I was a nervous wreck. After they scored in a minute or whatever it was I thought we would be 4-0 down by half time but it wasn't to be.

Probably shoulldn't say it out loud but not only am I confident of going through I think we will beat Madrid 3-1 in the final.

Guess I'm going to have to change my bloody username again - had to do it back in 2005 selfish b'stards  ;)
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2018, 09:19:11 pm »

I can't even think past tomorrow let alone the final  ;D

I think this will be more difficult than the City first leg as Roma will not be that open.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2018, 09:19:39 pm »
Looks like the game will have rain throughout according to Accuweather

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2018, 09:21:18 pm »
Looks like the game will have rain throughout according to Accuweather

Good at least we cant blame a dry pitch  ;D
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2018, 09:22:48 pm »
Tomorrow is going to drag. Got a meeting where I am going to have to concentrate. I will be thinking about the evening throughout. Nearly there.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2018, 09:23:02 pm »
No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain

Steer clear of the brown acid
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »
Man, what must it be like to be Mo Salah tonight.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2018, 10:00:47 pm »
Class. Hope their bus doesn't get any trouble because of few idiots tomorrow, definitely deserve a nice welcome.
hopefully this dickhead is nowhere near with his attitude

https://twitter.com/thefamouskop/status/988178134431404034?s=21

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2018, 10:08:29 pm »
hopefully this dickhead is nowhere near with his attitude

https://twitter.com/thefamouskop/status/988178134431404034?s=21

He should be reported now and be allowed nowhere near Roma's bus tomorrow.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:39 pm »
Roma fans making themselves known on the trains in from manchester. BTP in full riot gear.

Its gonna be fun tomorrow night.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2018, 10:16:20 pm »
He should be reported now and be allowed nowhere near Roma's bus tomorrow.

How can you identify a moron, masquerading as a Liverpool fan, lurking on Twitter?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2018, 10:16:52 pm »
Tomorrow will be a good day. If we keep our focus, we will win. So no repeat from WBA. In fact, I think that game will help us stay alert vs Roma. Bring the best of European night atmospheres and tomorrow will be another night to remember for a very long time.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:31 pm »
How can you identify a moron, masquerading as a Liverpool fan, lurking on Twitter?
its doable if this tool brags about smashing their bus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2018, 10:23:06 pm »
its doable if this tool brags about smashing their bus

How? Twitter don't take any responsibility and I doubt the police will follow up on every random arsehole, hiding behind his keyboard in Manchester.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2018, 10:24:08 pm »
Think its cos im a mature grown up

That and the fact you all have small willies

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2018, 10:29:05 pm »
How? Twitter don't take any responsibility and I doubt the police will follow up on every random arsehole, hiding behind his keyboard in Manchester.

If he truly is a fan of ours, then he's a c*nt of the highest order and should be placed in cuffs on his couch at home and watch the game from there as you're right, nothing legally can be done about it. I don't think he's a United fan either, he has too many tweets and has been registered for years. I just hope a few absolute dickheads don't ruin it for everyone.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2018, 10:33:03 pm »
If he truly is a fan of ours, then he's a c*nt of the highest order and should be placed in cuffs on his couch at home and watch the game from there as you're right, nothing legally can be done about it. I don't think he's a United fan either, he has too many tweets and has been registered for years. I just hope a few absolute dickheads don't ruin it for everyone.

Well if he is one of ours he needs turning in. Prick.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2018, 10:34:31 pm »

that hat scarf and a badge fella was retweeting him so I’m pretty sure it’s one of ‘ours’

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:05 pm »

I just hope none of that nonsense happens tomorrow, because the Roma ultras or whatever they're called will absolutely retaliate in Italy. And if their bus does take a pounding, this c*nt should be the first in cuffs.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2018, 10:39:44 pm »
Think its cos im a mature grown up

That and the fact you all have small willies