Author Topic: Be Honest, would you sit here?  (Read 87586 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Be Honest, would you sit here?
« Reply #40 on: November 7, 2016, 08:18:47 pm »
On that first pic I've a question . . . How on earth would she be able to get up and walk back after she's enjoyed the view? If she even attempted to turn around she's a goner.

So no I wouldn't sit on there not a fucking chance!

Shuffle back a it on her arse until she can get her feet on top of the ledge? But I think she's a climber and can probably find holds in the rough bit where her feet are.

And yet you ride a bike down mountains at ridiculous speeds...reliant upon millimetres of rubber to keep you upright...

As to doing that..not now, when I was a kid, yeah.

There's load of forces that keep a bike upright....in that pic...there's only one force, and that's trying to pull her down. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #41 on: November 7, 2016, 08:20:38 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/scFlz0HbXTY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/scFlz0HbXTY</a>

Hollllyyy sweet baby Jesus, see around 3.15, no fucking way, never!!!
Y.N.W.A.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: November 7, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »
Those climbing vids always give me the heebie jeebies.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #43 on: November 7, 2016, 08:47:09 pm »
Those climbing vids always give me the heebie jeebies.

I got dizzy at the top of the Guinness building in Dublin, not that overly scared of heights, mad like.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44 on: November 7, 2016, 08:54:29 pm »
Those climbing vids always give me the galloping heebie jeebies.
Fixed ;) ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #45 on: November 7, 2016, 09:59:12 pm »
Alex Honnold

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Phl82D57P58" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Phl82D57P58</a>

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 7, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »
Watch this one.

These guys are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLs_O2RE6Xo

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 7, 2016, 10:52:20 pm »
Fuck me no. I wouldn't sit there (OP). I was never that great with heights (tho I don't mind planes), until I was in my 30's and I started having Vertigo nightmares. I blamed it on the Hitchcock film (big Hitchcock fan), but this nightmare was terrifying, and some months later I had another one... and then a year later another etc, and it turned me into someone who now suffers from Vertigo.  Ladders 10 foot up I start to get itchy palms etc. Am just no good with it at all anymore, and it was the nightmares that started it. Haven't had one for a long while, but I'm no good with heights now. Pictures like that in the OP does things with my head.

I got tickets to watch the Weightlifting at the London Olympics and stayed with friends in Deptford the night before. I was meeting a friend there the next day, and I was determined to travel by cable car alone across the river. I was pretty nervous, but excited - had never been on a cable car. What I was determined to do was to try and get the rational side of my brain to win over the irrational side. I wouldn't have done this if I was with anyone else, but on my own, I was more comfortable. Part of me was shitting itself, the other part was dead excited. I used to work in One Canada Square (for L!veTV no less - long story, don't ask), and used to eat near a window on floor god knows what so that was partly why too.

I wanted to have a car to myself. I didn't want to break down with anyone else there or have a panic attack, which I could have done. And an empty one came along. I got in. It started with a jolt. Shit me. I tapped my wife's number into my phone. By the time I finished tapping numbers I looked up and I was about 100 foot in the air over the river and shared my panic on the phone. I started to hyperventilate on the phone, and am not sure if it was due to fear or excitement or both. I put the phone down and rode the rest out. Fuck me. Thank fuck I was on my own. I was just shouting 'I'M GOING TO FUCKING DIE HERE!!!'. Was great.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 8, 2016, 08:06:48 am »
Yes. I'd do it.  People become irrational with heights.  How often have you fallen off a pavement into a road, for example? Never, I'm guessing.  But if the road was 1000ft below the edge, most people would shit themselves about walking on the pavement, even though the cars shooting past at 30-60mph are more of a risk... 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 8, 2016, 08:27:14 am »
Yes. I'd do it.  People become irrational with heights.  How often have you fallen off a pavement into a road, for example? Never, I'm guessing.  But if the road was 1000ft below the edge, most people would shit themselves about walking on the pavement, even though the cars shooting past at 30-60mph are more of a risk... 

To an extend that is true, but two other things come into play here. One, most of us accidentally step of the kerb now and then, but usuallythe consequences are so minimal that you instantely forget that it happened. The consequences of a wrong step are much much bigger on an exposed edge. The other thing is that i don't think you can disregard the 'queezy' feeling or vertigo that a lot of people get. It affects their balance and makes them more prone to mistakes.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 8, 2016, 08:31:38 am »
To an extend that is true, but two other things come into play here. One, most of us accidentally step of the kerb now and then, but usuallythe consequences are so minimal that you instantely forget that it happened. The consequences of a wrong step are much much bigger on an exposed edge. The other thing is that i don't think you can disregard the 'queezy' feeling or vertigo that a lot of people get. It affects their balance and makes them more prone to mistakes.

Good points.  My point is more about the risks we take every day.  There's more chance for a car coming off the road and ploughing into you than randomly falling off the edge of a cliff.  But we rationalise the risks we take every day. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 8, 2016, 11:46:25 am »
Highest tea house in the world:

http://www.uqpu.net/teahouse/
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #52 on: November 8, 2016, 11:49:12 am »
On that first pic I've a question . . . How on earth would she be able to get up and walk back after she's enjoyed the view? If she even attempted to turn around she's a goner.

I was thinking that too. The only way back is to shuffle backwards very slowly and carefully on her arse I would imagine.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #53 on: November 8, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »
I do have a weird fear of a combination of heights (acrophobia) and falling down (basophobia). Like, I do have a slight problem when I look over a ledge thats lower than my chest level height. At 1st floor height, not so much. But at 100 floors, wouldnt go there. With a glass floor, it becomes twice the fear.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 8, 2016, 12:57:31 pm »
I get a weird feeling of vertigo when I look up at a very high ceiling in somewhere like a cathedral. Anyone else experience that or is it one of my unique quirks?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #55 on: November 8, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2016, 04:47:02 pm »
Brave girl.....as Columbo said when it come to a fear of heights 'I hate being this tall'  :)
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #57 on: November 8, 2016, 04:52:59 pm »
Me, not a hope in hell. Legs would give way i think.  :o

Feel free to add more Pics like this asking the same question.

Ive just seen the similarity

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #58 on: November 8, 2016, 06:22:39 pm »
Ahh The Never Ending Story, remember it well.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #59 on: November 8, 2016, 06:30:27 pm »

:shite: :shite: :shite: myself.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #60 on: November 8, 2016, 06:57:29 pm »
You sure? That one has history...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/08/dont-look-down-officials-close-chinese-glass-skywalk-pane-shatters

Those glass floors usually have three layers - two of glass and one of acrylic. Looks like one of the layers of glass went.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #61 on: November 8, 2016, 07:14:31 pm »
Those glass floors usually have three layers - two of glass and one of acrylic. Looks like one of the layers of glass went.

They would need another ten layers and a fucking building around them for me to walk on it.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: November 8, 2016, 07:29:22 pm »
This vid always gets me,you have to watch it thro to get the full hit.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/INbKYq0G9nU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/INbKYq0G9nU</a>

Amazing stuff

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #63 on: November 8, 2016, 07:34:08 pm »
Definitely not. I'd try so hard not to fall, I'd panic and fall.

Exactly this.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #64 on: November 8, 2016, 07:39:33 pm »
No, not now, not ever.
No bungee jumping, parachuting or anything similar either.

Fuck heights and 'living the life to the fullest'.
I'm quite happy here on the ground with a cup of coffee and a book.

I did a parachute jump when I was about 21, really enjoyed it and I reckon I'd do it again. BUT in general I don't like heights and the stuff in here makes me feel sick and I've got worse the older I've got too. I think with the parachute jumping it's soooo high up it doesn't quite feel real...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #65 on: November 8, 2016, 09:58:27 pm »
I think I could do a parachute jump because there's no sense of scale. Tell me to sit on the edge of the roof of my house and no chance.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 8, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 9, 2016, 10:20:12 am »
With that thread title, I expected to see this as the first picture:

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 9, 2016, 10:28:26 am »
Shuffle back a it on her arse until she can get her feet on top of the ledge? But I think she's a climber and can probably find holds in the rough bit where her feet are.

Not sure it is only accessible for climbers, she has got converse trainers on. I did a reverse image search to see where it is. It's somewhere in Turkey.

The main site seems to be down to click through. I think instagram is having issues, so I have snipped and attached below.

http://www.pictaram.com/user/gayasu11/2117083471

She doesn't look like a climber either. She's got jeans on and a brolly. It must be an optical illusion.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2016, 10:31:22 am by Craig S »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #69 on: November 9, 2016, 01:21:24 pm »
Right now I feel like throwing myself off one of those...

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #70 on: November 9, 2016, 02:23:17 pm »
With that thread title, I expected to see this as the first picture:

Or this...

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2016, 08:19:20 pm »
Similar to the question. Would you rather be holding someone up (knowing one mistake could kill the person), or be the one hanging on (and possibly drag them down with you)?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:21:24 pm by El Denzel Pepito »

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »
The lad in the second picture looks like he'd throw you off the bridge for a laugh. Fuck that.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2016, 12:21:44 pm »
Me, not a hope in hell. Legs would give way i think.  :o

:o

Why would a person do that? Screw the adrenaline. One little mistake and there's nothing left of you. 

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »
Looks like Jay from the Inbetweeners and he'd "jokily" let you go for a laugh before buggering off to do more adverts

I'd rather be the holder as I'm reliable!

Nobody's afraid of heights. They're afraid of falling to their deaths  :)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2016, 01:52:34 am »

My thoughts.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #76 on: July 2, 2017, 09:41:48 pm »
Getting dizzy and its only a pic.

Not a fucking hope in hell, no, never, fuck that, get a grip, no!!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #77 on: July 2, 2017, 10:08:22 pm »
 :o

Y.N.W.A.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #78 on: July 2, 2017, 10:53:15 pm »
Fuck that and what is wrong with folk that they want to do they crazy stunts.madness absolute madness. :-\
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #79 on: July 2, 2017, 11:21:42 pm »
Fuck that and what is wrong with folk that they want to do they crazy stunts.madness absolute madness. :-\

Trill seeking is the same thing as stupidity for me, like jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane, why do it?
Y.N.W.A.