Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760562 times)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #10120 on: October 25, 2018, 11:10:25 pm »
Yeah as a diabetic I like to know there is food available in case of an emergency, was disappointed that no one told us this before we got in. Loads of newbie stewards near us looking more at the game than doing their job, guess to be expected with the lack of away fans, but they shouldn't be blocking views of paying supporters.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #10121 on: October 26, 2018, 11:16:16 am »
Saw on Twitter they were giving out free ale - could they not have sorted some bottled water as well?!
Either someone is bullshitting on Twitter or they were on a hospitality package. The shutters were down on every food stand in the upper main stand, and there were no catering staff at all in evidence.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10122 on: October 26, 2018, 11:18:13 am »
Either someone is bullshitting on Twitter or they were on a hospitality package. The shutters were down on every food stand in the upper main stand, and there were no catering staff at all in evidence.

Ah ok it must be "bollox" then, as you were ;D

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #10123 on: October 26, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
We had quite a few noisy Serbs in U9 of the Main Stand, so we were trying to out sing them.

Lots of good banter (where we were sat), but it's a bit sad that one over-zealous steward felt the need to remove one of the Red Star boys for singing too much! The steward said he kept standing, but frankly, that was bollox!

I think they got nervous because the big Serb fella who got collared was sat directly behind our U23 squad and if anything had of gone off they'd have been in the thick of it, they all left not long after the Serb as well.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #10124 on: October 27, 2018, 07:52:40 pm »
Had a ‘super fan’ in front of me in U9 who thought he was playing Fifa the way he was commenting on what each and every player should do with the ball every time they received it. So so annoying.

The atmosphere was poor but to be expected for a 3pm against a low key opposition. Cardiff fans went through the full ‘away fans songbook’. They taunted us with ‘its coming home’ like we give a fuck.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10125 on: October 27, 2018, 07:56:29 pm »
Had a ‘super fan’ in front of me in U9 who thought he was playing Fifa the way he was commenting on what each and every player should do with the ball every time they received it. So so annoying.

The atmosphere was poor but to be expected for a 3pm against a low key opposition. Cardiff fans went through the full ‘away fans songbook’. They taunted us with ‘its coming home’ like we give a fuck.

that is amazing  ;D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10126 on: October 27, 2018, 08:17:11 pm »
Yeah there songs were shit but they never shut the fuck up so was a bit annoyed today. Tried to get stuff going but it just petered out

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #10127 on: October 27, 2018, 08:18:47 pm »
Due to me not being able to afford to go anymore I'm not sure my opinion counts as much but my view was always turf out the moaning auld fellas in 205 and 305 and have an away style support. Always remember being turfed out to upper centenary or back of main stand on big games because tickets went fast and by the time I got to the front of the the queue after a freezing cold waitid be left with shit choices. I guess their are fans dotted all round the ground who'd love to group with others. Club needs to think about it.

A group of loud support right behind the goal sucked in goals when I stood on the Kop. It's still there. That support. It needs to be sorted by moving those who just sit and moan. And I know there are plenty.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:23:41 pm by ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS »
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10128 on: October 27, 2018, 08:35:28 pm »

Really bizarre. Everyone was a just a bit puzzled by the it's coming home chants. Don't think They realise most liverpool fans couldn't give 2 shits about England.

Fuck their Allez song.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10129 on: October 27, 2018, 08:43:46 pm »
Bit dissapointed with the Cardiff fans’ songbook.  Too many “off the shelf” crappy club songs.  Thought they would gave offered more.  It was one of those days that was always going to be quiet.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:54:10 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10130 on: October 27, 2018, 09:01:34 pm »
Really bizarre. Everyone was a just a bit puzzled by the it's coming home chants. Don't think They realise most liverpool fans couldn't give 2 shits about England.

Fuck their Allez song.

They boast about winning the Welsh Cup in their Allez song, which is quite funny. At least they're capable of singing about their own club when they adapt some songs, unlike Chelsea/City

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10131 on: October 28, 2018, 09:26:53 am »
Another, every other Saturday, barrage of I know the words. We seriously need to sign a Ted Rodgers and MC Hammertime
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #10132 on: October 28, 2018, 09:51:59 am »
Bit dissapointed with the Cardiff fans’ songbook.  Too many “off the shelf” crappy club songs.  Thought they would gave offered more.  It was one of those days that was always going to be quiet.

They sang a version of our Allez Allez and thought I caught a rendition of something like our Gini song - the rest was pretty much in the Is This A Library category, but they were noisy pretty much throughout.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #10133 on: October 28, 2018, 10:32:29 am »
whatever they were singing they seemed to make more noise than other clubs who get a twatting at anfield but atmosphere wasn’t too bad for 3pm saturday fixture

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10134 on: October 28, 2018, 10:37:37 am »
Virtually no one clapping after the first verse of YNWA deserves a mention too.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10135 on: October 28, 2018, 01:16:13 pm »
I still find it incredible how people can travel up from South Wales singing "sign on"...

They sang a version of our Allez Allez and thought I caught a rendition of something like our Gini song - the rest was pretty much in the Is This A Library category, but they were noisy pretty much throughout.

It's not 'our' Allez Allez Allez. We nicked it ourselves.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10136 on: October 28, 2018, 01:28:58 pm »

Yes, was pleasantly surprised by that, although it sadly didn't follow that the atmosphere was that great for the game.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10137 on: October 28, 2018, 02:05:03 pm »

The weirdest thing is I've sat with people who have gone to hundreds of games and still do this. Puzzling.

Plus surely logically everyone thinks it sounds more boss if we continue until kick-off? lol
YNWA.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10138 on: October 28, 2018, 02:26:22 pm »
There's a video of Gerry Marsden at the game yesterday and he was singing - I can't be bothered to find it again but I'm sure he clapped after the first verse!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10139 on: October 28, 2018, 02:28:30 pm »
Just remembered YNWA was played at about 7.50pm on Weds which was really weird, I know they have the CL tune to play but it seemed really early and caught everyone by surprise.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10140 on: October 28, 2018, 02:29:03 pm »
There's a video of Gerry Marsden at the game yesterday and he was singing - I can't be bothered to find it again but I'm sure he clapped after the first verse!
Bloody tourists! ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10141 on: October 28, 2018, 04:42:38 pm »
I still find it incredible how people can travel up from South Wales singing "sign on"...

It's incredible, but not surprising anymore. The quality of away support coming here these days is depressingly low. Only certain foreign clubs bring anything like decent support here these days. All we get from our own shores are idiots staggeringly unaware of the histories of their own towns and cities and how, like us, they have suffered under the same people.

You have to be a special kind of moron to come here from pit towns, mill towns, rundown, neglected towns and cities and sing "sign on..." etc. Also, the small club, off the peg ditties they sing are as witty as toothache and show a real lack of imagination. Maybe it's all just a reflection of the dumbed down society we now live in, though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #10142 on: October 28, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »
It's incredible, but not surprising anymore. The quality of away support coming here these days is depressingly low. Only certain foreign clubs bring anything like decent support here these days. All we get from our own shores are idiots staggeringly unaware of the histories of their own towns and cities and how, like us, they have suffered under the same people.

You have to be a special kind of moron to come here from pit towns, mill towns, rundown, neglected towns and cities and sing "sign on..." etc. Also, the small club, off the peg ditties they sing are as witty as toothache and show a real lack of imagination. Maybe it's all just a reflection of the dumbed down society we now live in, though.

Occasionally you get some quite funny self-deprecating ones, not a fan of QPR support but their ‘we never win away’ to tune of the lion sleeps tonight is good
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10143 on: October 28, 2018, 09:35:33 pm »
The Cardiff fans opening up with "Is this a library?" on 4 minutes is a new record for opening up The Big Book Of Lower League Songs, and imagine being from South Wales and singing about unemployment.

However, the Welsh national anthem is great, so they get some plus points.

Was in 305 yesterday and it was good to see loads of kids around getting involved.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10144 on: October 28, 2018, 10:47:54 pm »
The Cardiff fans opening up with "Is this a library?" on 4 minutes is a new record for opening up The Big Book Of Lower League Songs, and imagine being from South Wales and singing about unemployment.

However, the Welsh national anthem is great, so they get some plus points.

Was in 305 yesterday and it was good to see loads of kids around getting involved.

Interestly, it was a game that went straight on open sale without going to members with 13+ first...

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #10145 on: November 11, 2018, 06:44:59 pm »
very flat today all round the ground but was to be expected 12pm sunday ko

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #10146 on: November 11, 2018, 08:04:24 pm »
It was absolutely horrid. The worst atmosphere I've experienced. Was up in U1 in a nine quid seat. Irish lads in front of me got off at 74 minutes, lads to my left and right couldn't speak English therefore couldn't sing the songs even if they wanted to and the young scousers behind me, nice chaps they seemed to be, spent all the game talking about Sunday league footy and the great British bake off.

I don't think the problem is the type of person that's in the ground, it's something else.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Red_Faction

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10147 on: November 11, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »
I am honestly embarrassed by the atmosphere today. It wasn't just the almost complete lack of singing but more there seemed to be no noise at all, so passive and I'm sorry but this definitely transmits to the players, we know how our atmosphere inspires our team so it must work the other way when it is literally silent.

No passion at all. Never thought I'd say this but maybe we do need some sort match day revolution at anfield. Mat be we need to embrace the 22st century

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10148 on: November 11, 2018, 10:50:29 pm »
I was hungover from last night. Todays atmosphere was boss.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10149 on: November 11, 2018, 10:51:52 pm »
Get a grip, you should have seen the atmosphere in 1992. It was much worse.

There was a game we got 12,000 at, please remember this as you type furiously about hovis and how our fans used to eat fireworks and sing like a Welsh choir for seven hours before the game.

Or the empty seats.

Or the terrible bogs.

You’d all be crying your eyes out on here saying it’s always been so much better - WHAT ABOUT THE PAST?

The past doesn’t exist. Today was fine, have a Bovril and a smile and enjoy it. It was 12 o’clock and nobody could be arsed.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:58:40 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #10150 on: November 11, 2018, 11:21:09 pm »
Loads missed Shaqiri’s goal in U due to fathing about buying nachos and hot dogs and eventually arriving in their seats 10 mins after the second half kicked off. It does make me happy inside because it’s their own fault.

Atmosphere was really poor today but to be expected with the k/o time and 11/11. To be honest, Cardiff was only marginally better. I think the majority just expected us to turn up and win which is good because it shows how far we’ve come under Klopp but it doesn’t have the negative factor on the atmosphere overall. You rarely hear FOAR anymore...
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #10151 on: December 1, 2018, 01:39:20 pm »
https://youtu.be/ppYPMxp0OtY

Need to get this going in the Kop tomorrow. Let's get it rocking.

And this...

https://twitter.com/ChrisvLFC/status/1068408441675415553?s=09

Virgil Van Rolls Royce & Bobby's new songs.

Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10152 on: December 1, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

And this...

Loving the VVD song. I've been wanting us to use that tune for a song for years. Definitely sounds like one everyone will love singing.  :scarf

Any link to the full lyric to it? I can't quite catch all the words.

« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 04:21:13 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10153 on: December 1, 2018, 05:35:32 pm »
Loving the VVD song. I've been wanting us to use that tune for a song for years. Definitely sounds like one everyone will love singing.  :scarf

Any link to the full lyric to it? I can't quite catch all the words.
He's our centre half, he's our number four,
Watch him defend, and we watch him score,
He can pass the ball, calm as you like,
He's Virgil van Dijk, he's Virgil van Dijk.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10154 on: December 1, 2018, 05:41:42 pm »
He's our centre half, he's our number four,
Watch him defend, and we watch him score,
He can pass the ball, calm as you like,
He's Virgil van Dijk, he's Virgil van Dijk.

Lovely. Thank you.  :thumbup

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #10155 on: December 1, 2018, 06:06:23 pm »
A song according to Wikipedia written about Salford. I’m sure the mancs won’t mind.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10156 on: December 1, 2018, 06:12:34 pm »
A song according to Wikipedia written about Salford. I’m sure the mancs won’t mind.

It was but never know why people are arsed

None of the songs we sing use tunes exclusively written for Liverpool football Club

The song is all about the lyrics and it’s a belter

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10157 on: December 1, 2018, 06:22:06 pm »

It is, but using a tune about their patch to hail one of our players can also piss them off.  ;)

You know, the way they corrupt the lyric of YNWA to get a dig in on us.

At least we are using it to actually sing about one of our own rather than them.
It's a great song and one I've wanted us to use for absolutely ages.

Although not written by them, it was a song popularised by The Dubliners and it did well in Ireland. It also has an Irish folk song feel, which sort of fits well with our close Irish links.

Having said that, it doesn't matter one iota anyway. Football fans nick tunes from anywhere and everywhere.
I've always wanted us to do a song to the tune of Flower of Scotland, simply because it's a storming, anthemic tune that sounds stunning sung en masse.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 06:29:02 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #10158 on: December 1, 2018, 08:17:23 pm »

And this...

Nice to see that Bobby song gathering momentum . The Virgil got a singing at the Watford game.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #10159 on: December 2, 2018, 07:09:06 pm »
The atmosphere sounded flat on tv apart from the goal, obvs!!?

Did the VVD song get an airing, it’s quality!!?