Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2012410 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #13240 on: March 7, 2021, 04:30:36 pm »
So he didn't play today, any difference ? so much talk about him when the
real issue is our attacking tactics and movements.

The ball stuck more.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #13241 on: March 7, 2021, 05:21:29 pm »
The ball stuck more.

Strangely I enjoyed watching Jota and Keita than I would have if Firmino and Mane had started.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13242 on: March 11, 2021, 03:43:45 pm »
Any news on his injury, will he be fit for Wolves?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13243 on: March 11, 2021, 04:09:42 pm »
Even if he is, there is absolutely no way he should be walking back into the side when (a) he'll be lacking match sharpness and (b) he's been poor for a while.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13244 on: March 11, 2021, 04:21:54 pm »
Any news on his injury, will he be fit for Wolves?

With no Liverpool game for 3 weeks after Monday and the international games cancelled for Brazil, it'd make sense to give him an extended rest.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13245 on: March 28, 2021, 05:00:15 pm »
Matty Virtue interview on the official site:

People always ask me about who were the best players I got to train with and I always say Roberto Firmino and Gini Wijnaldum. Firmino has got eyes in the back of his head, his first touch is unbelievable.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #13246 on: April 3, 2021, 09:40:06 pm »
When he plays well like this the whole team looks so much better

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13247 on: April 3, 2021, 10:05:43 pm »
Have to say that he looked quite interesting at the top of the midfield after Jota came on. Seemed to have more time on the ball and could use his vision and passing to pick forwards out. To be fair, Arsenal were not great but could be something we try out through the end of the season.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13248 on: April 3, 2021, 10:33:47 pm »
Bobby was on fire from the start of the game. We've been missing that.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13249 on: April 3, 2021, 10:37:45 pm »
Bobby is STILL.....Boss..

:scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #13250 on: April 3, 2021, 10:56:11 pm »
When Bobby and TAA are on form the whole team is. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13251 on: April 3, 2021, 10:57:56 pm »
He showed some nice little touches today, hope he rediscovers his true form for he can still contribute to our end of season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #13252 on: April 4, 2021, 12:24:23 am »
The pass to Salah splitting the Gunners defense after the game was broken open was sublime.  He no looked the left CB into thinking he was going to play it wide to Trent (and then you see this big fucking gap he put it on a plate for Mo).

What a fucking player our Bobby is (that play is at 9:20-9:30 on the video)...  Cheers lads!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/smeMUWQ6cjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/smeMUWQ6cjA</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #13253 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:25 pm »
Finding a replacement for him should be priority number one in the summer. He's been a bang average for way too long now.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13254 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:22 pm »
Tactically great, but on the ball finishing and passing so so poor.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #13255 on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:39 pm »
Finding a replacement for him should be priority number one in the summer. He's been a bang average for way too long now.

I thought he was one of the positives, he actually looked like a centre forward again. It was nice to see him having a few shots for a change. I’d still love an upgrade though.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13256 on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:43 pm »
His finishing was fine tonight, he wasn’t the one who missed the chances. And he got us progressing the ball through Madrid a decent amount. Plus his pressing was great. I do think this way of playing has ran its course though. We need a proper 9.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13257 on: April 14, 2021, 10:05:37 pm »
I thought he was one of the positives, he actually looked like a centre forward again. It was nice to see him having a few shots for a change. I’d still love an upgrade though.

A centre forward that doesn’t score.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #13258 on: April 14, 2021, 10:10:24 pm »
A centre forward that doesn’t score.

Indeed but he was doing the right things tonight and he was the best of the front 3.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13259 on: April 14, 2021, 10:13:00 pm »
Indeed but he was doing the right things tonight and he was the best of the front 3.

He did but at the moment he and Mane are not great goal threats. They need to contribute and not leave all the hard yards to Salah.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13260 on: April 14, 2021, 10:14:33 pm »

I’m not sure he was, he messed up every key pass, he was good outside of the key moments where you need your number 10/9 to play the key pass or score. I think tactically though we saw where we missed him in the first leg, nullified Kroos threat and held the ball well and provided another option for the midfield.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:19:31 pm by Coolie High »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #13261 on: April 14, 2021, 10:16:57 pm »
Tonight, that's not saying much to be honest. For me Mo was the better of the three. But again, that's not saying much.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #13262 on: April 14, 2021, 10:18:25 pm »
I’m not sure he was, he messed up every key pass, he was good outside of the key moments where you need your number 10/9 to play the key pass or score. I think tactically though we saw where we missed him in the first leg, nullified Kronos threat and held the ball well and provided another option for the midfield.

There was that one moment in the 1st half when he had Trent free on the right, you could sense his eyes lighting  up and his brain saying take a touch or 2, commit the defender and then play the pass. And of course in the end, the defender was quite clever in only half committing and Bobby ended up messing up the pass.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13263 on: April 14, 2021, 10:18:26 pm »
I think he'll be phased out of the front 3 next season. He'll be on the bench a lot or he could be moved into the midfield in a new system.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13264 on: April 14, 2021, 10:19:20 pm »
Misplaced passes are happening from every player on our team, not just Bobby. No idea why like.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #13265 on: April 14, 2021, 11:17:00 pm »
The drop off has been gradual for 18 months so it’s not really a sudden loss in form.

Uncle Bob would have had him gone at the end of last season.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:19:01 pm by harryc »

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #13266 on: April 14, 2021, 11:33:11 pm »
There was that one moment in the 1st half when he had Trent free on the right, you could sense his eyes lighting  up and his brain saying take a touch or 2, commit the defender and then play the pass. And of course in the end, the defender was quite clever in only half committing and Bobby ended up messing up the pass.

The cleverness from all defenders from Madrid to Fulham is simple. Let Firmino have the ball. Always let him have the ball. Cut out the angles but make sure he has the ball.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13267 on: April 15, 2021, 02:47:18 am »
6 goals all season. 1 goal in his last 18 CL games. I love Bobby but that simply isn't good enough.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #13268 on: April 15, 2021, 05:27:44 am »
6 goals from a midfielder would be weak, for your central attacker - that is very poor.

The decline started last season.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13269 on: April 15, 2021, 05:55:31 am »
His finishing was fine tonight, he wasn’t the one who missed the chances.
Well he did...and i'm not saying that to criticise him, jut to say that everyone is missing chances.

There's no obvious explanation for this team-wide slump in form and ability...I mean there probably are reasons but they're not obvious. But the good thing is it can't last.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #13270 on: April 16, 2021, 11:24:23 am »
You would expect your best centreback to be chipping in with 4, 5, 6 goals as Virgil did in the 2 seasons before this one.

For Liverpool's first choice centreforward to have 6 goals so far this season and a slim to moderate chance of getting 1 or 2 more before the seasons' end.. well that clearly isn't good enough.

The team needs a killer in the box and Firmino isn't that. I hope and expect a change for next season.

FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13271 on: April 16, 2021, 11:29:58 am »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13272 on: April 16, 2021, 11:35:07 am »
You would expect your best centreback to be chipping in with 4, 5, 6 goals as Virgil did in the 2 seasons before this one.

For Liverpool's first choice centreforward to have 6 goals so far this season and a slim to moderate chance of getting 1 or 2 more before the seasons' end.. well that clearly isn't good enough.

The team needs a killer in the box and Firmino isn't that. I hope and expect a change for next season.

Mo and maybe Trent are pretty much the only players who have scored at a rate you'd expect this season. Oh and Jota obviously.

We've had more goals from defence (5) than we have from midfield this season (4) and two of those from players who have been out for most of it (one each for VVD and Joel)

Bobby definitely isnt the only one who needs to score more
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #13273 on: April 16, 2021, 01:22:40 pm »
Think Firmino has played pretty well in recent weeks. An improvement in his off the ball work and general build up play. Played between the lines well and progressed the ball nicely.

He’s not really been a goal scoring threat or looked that creative against a low block. The issue for Firmino is that all the good stuff he does can be lost when the team as a whole are struggling to score or create chances against a low block. As the No.9 in any team you’d be expected to carry some of the goal scoring burden. If you play as a No.10, and arguably does more so than a No.9, then you’d be expected to carry a reasonable proportion of the creative responsibility.

I can see why people are frustrated but he played better recently and some of the struggles we are having as a team could be indicative of other players form and/or current failings of our preferred system against certain tactical set ups
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13274 on: April 16, 2021, 01:26:29 pm »
Should be a benchwarmer next season.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #13275 on: April 16, 2021, 01:35:19 pm »

Firmino is not really a centre forward for us, in the way say Benzema is for Real. He's more of an attacking midfielder, like Gerrard behind Torres or so. That said, he should score more, and he has done that in the past.

The problem is that if we get a traditional striker, he will expect to play like one and lead the line. That leaves a huge gap in how we play, especially how we transition from defense to attack. This has been obvious when we have played Origi or Jota in that role.

That leaves us with two options:
1) Find someone similar to Firmino. This is probably an AM, not a striker.
2) Change the way we play. This will affect our wingers Salah, Mane and Jota. Few wingers score as much as them, because most wingers  have to do more defense and more buildup to serve the striker.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13276 on: April 16, 2021, 01:38:01 pm »
We have adapted we don't play like we did circa 2018.  This shite of "Oh if we get a proper forward we'll have to change the way we play" doesn't stack up.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13277 on: April 16, 2021, 01:40:39 pm »
The decline in his finishing stats in the League is pretty incredible.

17/18 he scored 15 against an xG of 10.76 so +4.24
18/19 he scored 12 against an xG of  13.74 so -1.74
19/20 he scored 9   against an xG of  16.69 so -7.69
20/21 he has 6 against an       xG of 10.62 so -4.62 from 29 games.

Whilst his expected goals has increased the number of goals he actually scores has basically halved.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13278 on: April 16, 2021, 01:45:17 pm »
Firmino is not really a centre forward for us, in the way say Benzema is for Real. He's more of an attacking midfielder, like Gerrard behind Torres or so. That said, he should score more, and he has done that in the past.

The problem is that if we get a traditional striker, he will expect to play like one and lead the line. That leaves a huge gap in how we play, especially how we transition from defense to attack. This has been obvious when we have played Origi or Jota in that role.

That leaves us with two options:
1) Find someone similar to Firmino. This is probably an AM, not a striker.
2) Change the way we play. This will affect our wingers Salah, Mane and Jota. Few wingers score as much as them, because most wingers  have to do more defense and more buildup to serve the striker.

Firmino isn’t even scoring enough for an attacking midfielder, let alone a striker.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #13279 on: April 16, 2021, 01:45:55 pm »
The decline in his finishing stats in the League is pretty incredible.

17/18 he scored 15 against an xG of 10.76 so +4.24
18/19 he scored 12 against an xG of  13.74 so -1.74
19/20 he scored 9   against an xG of  16.69 so -7.69
20/21 he has 6 against an       xG of 10.62 so -4.62 from 29 games.

Whilst his expected goals has increased the number of goals he actually scores has basically halved.

so we win the league when he scores the least amount, 
Allez Allez Allez.