Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2012350 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #13160 on: February 28, 2021, 10:19:07 pm »
He's forgotten how to score goals which we just haven't been able to carry this season from our number 9 because Mane hasn't been scoring enough, Jota was picking up the slack but we fell off a cliff with him injured. Salah is the league's top scorer which has been important but includes pens and he goes on runs without a goal. Today was the first goal from a midfielder in a long time.

He was great for the 2nd goal, but he'd scuffed the shot wide until the deflection. His shooting is awful.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #13161 on: February 28, 2021, 10:19:44 pm »
I can’t see how you can possibly say passing direct to a Sheff Utd player was the correct option, surely the second goal shows that anything can happen when you take the shot on.

4 Reasons

1.  Keeper was getting to the near post and well placed to prevent a direct shot at him
2.  Bobby's first touch took him AWAY from the goal to his left and up (his angle was all wrong)
3.  There was another defender closing the far post angle
4.   He had just had one deflected, he took a peak and saw a runner (tried to sell shot, pass) - pretty cheeky really.

Everyone on the telecast had a go about it  - but they were still thinking about his other opportunity and people jump to conclusions

Each play is different and has unique pieces which make the decision making different.  Now, if he had a clean strike and passed it up for the cheek, I'd be with you, but that didn't happen here.

In a 0-0 game though, with the run we've been on and Bobby's scoring productivity a major issue - its one of those things his detractors can jump on easily ---  but in this case (his touch off Gini's shot took him to a place where he thought his best chance was to pass.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:22:21 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13162 on: February 28, 2021, 10:37:24 pm »
Never mind the second situation, he needed to score in the first situation he was in. He's got to do better.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13163 on: February 28, 2021, 10:40:32 pm »
Never mind the second situation, he needed to score in the first situation he was in. He's got to do better.
I agree. It was a brilliant save by the keeper and a few keepers would have kept it out, but Bobby could have / should have put it away from him in the corner. Nevertheless, I'm hoping that the bit of luck with his goal today may spur him on to better things. He's still one hell of a creative player.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13164 on: February 28, 2021, 10:42:04 pm »
You shoot hard enough from four yards out with defenders and the goalkeeper scrambling to get back, chances are it’ll hit them and deflect in. As the previous few games have shown us, we really can’t afford to be profligate in front of goal.

Luckily it didn’t cost us today.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:44:58 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13165 on: February 28, 2021, 10:43:56 pm »
Nope, he was right

The shot wasn’t on.
:o
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13166 on: February 28, 2021, 10:45:15 pm »

Yeah he does ... I am sure he would say the same thing.

As would Mo last week on his 1 v 1

And ultimately he did, even though the goal apparently was not given to him (or so says NBCsn).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13167 on: February 28, 2021, 10:46:51 pm »
Yeah he does ... I am sure he would say the same thing.

As would Mo last week on his 1 v 1

And ultimately he did, even though the goal apparently was not given to him (or so says NBCsn).

He's got to step up, as does Mane. Goal wise, Salah has been carrying us all season. We can't afford to have chances like that be squandered. Regardless of him being a false 9, a chance like that you have to take. He's rarely in those moments, so you got to make the best of them.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13168 on: February 28, 2021, 10:48:42 pm »
You shoot hard enough from four yards out with defenders and the goalkeeper scrambling to get back, chances are it’ll hit them and deflect in. As the previous few games have shown us, we really can’t afford to be profligate in front of goal.

Luckily it didn’t cost us today.

I think that's why he did not finish the first one to be honest.   If he'd done a cheeky far post clipped ball, they'd have been up 1-0.   It was Bobby using power instead of touch on the first opportunity -- why he did not finish.

And then the second happens, and he does not want to repeat the mistake, but that's the life of an attacker -- the last error throws you off more than it should and clouds your judgment.   But as we all saw in the game, he brushed it off and created/scored through some nice play.

All of our front 3 have struggled in front of goal during the last month - not just Bobby mate.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:55:52 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #13169 on: February 28, 2021, 10:48:57 pm »
My heart sank to rock bottom when I saw him on the teamsheet. Good because it meant I was emotionally unaffected by his miserable performance for 45 minutes. The reason he gets into goal scoring positions is because the opposition have completely stopped marking him. They WANT him on the ball in the penalty area. Rather him than absolutely any other LFC player.

Sorry but I think that's really not true. He may be going through a bad patch but you certainly don't want to give him space or time on the ball.
#JFT97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13170 on: February 28, 2021, 10:49:49 pm »
All of our front 3 have struggled in front of goal during the last month - not just Bobby mate.

They have, but two have struggled significantly more than the guy who is leading the league in scoring. And they have all season long to be quite honest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13171 on: February 28, 2021, 10:50:49 pm »

It was going well wide.  Thought he played well today, the changes gave him more freedom in attack but his finishing is awful for someone with that level of technique.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13172 on: February 28, 2021, 10:51:40 pm »
He's got to step up, as does Mane. Goal wise, Salah has been carrying us all season. We can't afford to have chances like that be squandered. Regardless of him being a false 9, a chance like that you have to take. He's rarely in those moments, so you got to make the best of them.

100% agree. 

I just think, that so many supporters are so exasperated by the state of affairs - that he becomes a lightening rod (when he is just like all of us, affected by what is happening and wants to come through).

Agree with about Sadio, but Fowler help us if we start slating him too...  Our front three deserve a mountain with their pictures on it for the last 4 years of work.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13173 on: February 28, 2021, 10:53:59 pm »
100% agree. 

I just think, that so many supporters are so exasperated by the state of affairs - that he becomes a lightening rod (when he is just like all of us, affected by what is happening and wants to come through).

Agree with about Sadio, but Fowler help us if we start slating him too...  Our front three deserve a mountain with their pictures on it for the last 4 years of work.

They shouldn't be slated [that's not what I'm doing personally] but their form has been one of the problems for us, not the problem obviously as we all know but it's been a significant drop off from Sadio goal wise, which then impacts us even more so when Bobby isn't scoring. It leaves us with just one main source of consistent goal threat.

This hasn't happened since Mane has been at the club.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13174 on: February 28, 2021, 11:00:39 pm »
They shouldn't be slated [that's not what I'm doing personally] but their form has been one of the problems for us, not the problem obviously as we all know but it's been a significant drop off from Sadio goal wise, which then impacts us even more so when Bobby isn't scoring. It leaves us with just one main source of consistent goal threat.

This hasn't happened since Mane has been at the club.

Neither has 20 some odd injuries to key starters over a 6 month period :)

And this is not directed at you mate -- not at all - as you are kind enough to provide a back and forth.

My reaction was similar to yours on Bobby's first miss.  But when I watched it back --- he was a half yard off and hit it too hard or he'd have scored imo.   

But I try not to let the play before influence the next one --- just as we teach young strikers coming up in the game.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13175 on: February 28, 2021, 11:08:48 pm »
It was going well wide.  Thought he played well today, the changes gave him more freedom in attack but his finishing is awful for someone with that level of technique.

Yeah, I am not convinced of your view Tubbs. 

Awful finishing would be something like yourself :)    Bobby can hit a ball, he can find a pass, he can use both feet (one with quite a bit more power), and he's pretty good in the air.  But he is not a meathead nor a burner; more of a clever combining player in the false 9 attack role

He augments other people's play which is not an easy role.   

As a result, Bobby is inconsistent as a scorer -  but then again there are not too many 35M number 9's difference makers in the world either.   

Some things we have to accept because it goes with the territory (imo) -  and one does wonder how injuries has affected our play in a variety areas.

Awful?   No.  Not a chance.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13176 on: February 28, 2021, 11:21:14 pm »
MOTM today.

Shame they took the goal off him. He would have had our 7,000th top flight League goal.

Curtis and Trent were much better than Bobby today.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #13177 on: February 28, 2021, 11:32:07 pm »
Sorry but I think that's really not true. He may be going through a bad patch but you certainly don't want to give him space or time on the ball.

I thought I saw comments that Everton players did exactly that in our game against them.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13178 on: February 28, 2021, 11:35:29 pm »
Astonishing piece of skill for the goal. A touch of the PSG winner about it. What a footballer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13179 on: February 28, 2021, 11:49:17 pm »
Weird one as aside from the missed chances his all round game was pretty good today so depends what you want from a striker.

He should be taking those 2 chances though and to be honest I’m never confident he’ll finish. To me it’s looking like we need a cold blooded finisher in his place soon but how soon I’m not sure.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:50:52 pm by Studgotelli »

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13180 on: March 1, 2021, 12:39:06 am »
Astonishing piece of skill for the goal. A touch of the PSG winner about it. What a footballer.

Yes, he dribbled through most of their team there, Twice! On the second phase of his mazy-run he sends three of them the wrong way with his eyes ;D

Obviously wish he'd put that early chance in but it was a lucky save from Ramsdale with his foot.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13181 on: March 1, 2021, 05:09:17 am »
I don't expect to see him dropped for Jota. I expect Mane will get a badly needed rest to help him get back to speed. Obviously it'll allow Mo and Bobby some rest as well which will help us get our forward line all firing on all cylinders.
Bobbys wayward finishing will become less of an issue when the supporting cast improves.

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #13182 on: March 1, 2021, 06:53:57 am »
just to remind everyone despite his occasional inaccuracy in front of goal he is a still top twenty in our all time scoring charts and is more suited to the number 11 shirt he wore originally
walk on...walk on...

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13183 on: March 1, 2021, 11:31:35 am »

I think they have all struggled since Jan 2020 - Mo has scored a few goals this year and is justifiably on top of Prem goal scoring charts and closing on Gerrad total of 30 for  CL all time  list.

If  MO was close to as prolific as he was in his first season he should have had another 5-7 goals this season in Premier league.
The big drop off has been in Mane and Bobby's goals & assists . Another big  drop off are the low number of assists from Trent and Robbo. We are not creating the same amount of quality goals and opportunities as in the past 3 seasons. The front 3 have thrived off those chances - but both Mane and Bobby rely on more crosses for their goals.

However yesterday well happy with win and Bobby (SU OG) and Curtis goals.
Let us build on this on Thursday and  hopefully Bobby gets on the goal scorers sheet & an assist

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #13184 on: March 1, 2021, 12:02:49 pm »
The relief and joy on his face when it went in, whether it gets taken off him or not, I just hope it gives him some confidence and belief back that he can make things happen!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #13185 on: March 2, 2021, 02:28:26 pm »
Sometimes keeping faith in someone rather than dropping them is the better approach in the long term. We can only ever know in hindsight.

Anyone remember the struggle we had when Bobby had an injury? And that was when the rest of the squad were at the top of their game. He links play through the middle. He presses and tracks back. If we don’t deploy this role (only Bobby seems trusted to do it) we become even more reliant on crosses from our fullbacks.

He’s one of those players we may only fully appreciate once he’s gone.

The half time comments on RAWK during the Sheffield Utd game were embarrassing. Many of them were parroting the Sky pundits as if they don’t have the ability to think independently. Weird culture. Tune in to someone who is paid to deliver controversial opinions and then repeat them as gospel. State of our nation right there folks. It’s why click bait is so widely used  :butt
« Last Edit: March 2, 2021, 02:31:52 pm by Penfold78 »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13186 on: March 4, 2021, 08:59:27 pm »
Oh Bobby. What has happened to you?

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13187 on: March 4, 2021, 09:02:33 pm »
Oh Bobby. What has happened to you?
Mane's been worse to be fair
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13188 on: March 4, 2021, 09:03:22 pm »
Seriously he's either scoring or giving the ball away, no in-between.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13189 on: March 4, 2021, 09:03:31 pm »
People coming into player threads during the game to criticise them was part of the reason why RAWK banned them for a period of time...

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13190 on: March 4, 2021, 09:03:31 pm »

You’re on a windup.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #13191 on: March 4, 2021, 09:03:50 pm »

Can’t be having to carry 2 of the front 3. Fuck me they’ve both been shite for months now and are showing no sign of improving

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13192 on: March 4, 2021, 09:03:55 pm »
Anonymous so far and a nothing pass leads to their goal

I've loved Bobby but he is offering zilch at the moment

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #13193 on: March 4, 2021, 09:04:15 pm »

Mane didn’t make a shit pass that caused a counter and a goal. But yeah, they’ve both been shit.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13194 on: March 4, 2021, 09:04:17 pm »
Seriously he's either scoring or giving the ball away, no in-between.

Reminds me of Luis Garcia  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13195 on: March 4, 2021, 09:04:49 pm »
People coming into player threads during the game to criticise them was part of the reason why RAWK banned them for a period of time...

True...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13196 on: March 5, 2021, 10:05:51 am »
Forgot this outrageousness

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13197 on: March 5, 2021, 12:20:04 pm »
I'm glad this was locked last night. Mods thank you for managing this place so well. I would have been unnecessarily harsh to a player who's been a super servant for us and a glorious player.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13198 on: March 5, 2021, 02:29:10 pm »
I love him and have backed him to the hilt but even his most ardent fans can't deny the fact that he's fallen off a cliff this season.

Think it's in everyone's best interest for him to sit a few games out.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13199 on: March 5, 2021, 03:08:34 pm »
I love him and have backed him to the hilt but even his most ardent fans can't deny the fact that he's fallen off a cliff this season.

Think it's in everyone's best interest for him to sit a few games out.

Yeah, I debate this language and form argument....  Bobby is everyone's whipping boy but he plays and plays and plays for us.  Fallen off a cliff?  Blah blah blah no abla blah blah blah

And btw, no one woke up this morning and thought, "hey, I wonder what MonsLibpool thinks about our starting lineup?"   Not one person.

In fact, I do not ever remember even one poster (who before this post) has ever thought, give me more MonsLibpool posts....
« Last Edit: March 5, 2021, 03:10:52 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: