Author Topic: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)  (Read 51851 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2021, 05:53:41 pm »
The 10 viewers are up in arms.

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1437455760628371460

It’s official: I have resigned as Chairman and Lead Presenter of GB News.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2021, 05:54:44 pm »
The 10 viewers are up in arms.

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1437455760628371460

I'm sure Christopher Biggins is more than capable of filling that gap.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2021, 06:36:08 pm »
Sets the match and then walks away. "It won't be like Fox News".
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2021, 08:22:40 am »
Fat headed arl boring miserable twat.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2021, 08:51:59 am »
So did he have any intention of staying or was it just a case of getting a fat bag of cash to set it up.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2021, 09:05:31 am »
So did he have any intention of staying or was it just a case of getting a fat bag of cash to set it up.
Dingdingdingdingding
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2021, 03:06:20 pm »
New fascist station incoming hosted by Piers Moron

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/sep/16/piers-morgan-hired-to-launch-rupert-murdoch-tv-station-talktv

Piers Moron hired to launch Rupert Murdoch TV station talkTV

Rupert Murdoch’s News UK has announced plans to launch a national television station called talkTV, which will be a rival to the floundering GB News and provide a platform for the return of Piers Moron.

The company said talkTV will go on air early next year and be available as a stream for Smart TVs and as a traditional television channel, with the company intending to spend the large sum required to secure slots on Freeview, FreeSat, Virgin Media and Sky.

News UK said it would hire some “exceptional talent” for the station. Bosses believe Morgan fits in that category and is the biggest name to have signed up to the project. He will also write a column for the Sun, a book for the Murdoch-owned HarperCollins, and have his show produced on Murdoch-owned channels around the world.

Murdoch said: “Piers is the broadcaster every channel wants but is too afraid to hire. Piers is a brilliant presenter, a talented journalist and says what people are thinking and feeling.”

Although the company is insistent talkTV will not be a traditional rolling news channel and will also feature entertainment, documentaries and sports programming, the bedrock of its output is likely to come from current affairs discussions.

The channel is being built out of the company’s radio stations which include talkRadio, talkSport, Times Radio and Virgin Radio. They already produce a substantial amount of video content at relatively low cost featuring presenters and guests talking in the studio.

Although News UK did not reference the channel’s political leaning in its launch announcement, the video material currently produced by talkRadio may provide clues. The channel repeatedly focuses on culture war topics and last month announced a programme counting down “the biggest, daftest and most worrying examples of cancel culture in the UK and beyond, proving that just about anyone or anything can face the threat of being cancelled”.

TalkRadioTV has already soft-launched on Smart TV featuring Julia Hartley-Brewer, Mike Graham, Trisha Goddard, Rob Rinder and Jeremy Kyle.

In a dig at GB News, which has endured a disastrous launch and lacks any regular news updates, News UK said there would be “proper hourly news bulletins” on its service.

The decision comes just five months after the company’s chief executive Rebekah Brooks cancelled plans to launch a News UK TV service, arguing it could not be done on a profitable basis.

However, the disastrous launch of GB News appears to have played a role in convincing Murdoch’s company there is a gap in the market for a similar channel if the material is produced professionally.

News UK has been aggressively hiring big-name talent on large wages, having poached Chris Evans and Graham Norton from the BBC. The company often ties them into “360 deals”, where staff work across multiple News UK outlets – such as a column in the Sun, a show on talkRadio, and a role in the company’s television plans.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2021, 03:57:54 pm »

TalkRadioTV has already soft-launched on Smart TV featuring Julia Hartley-Brewer, Mike Graham, Trisha Goddard, Rob Rinder and Jeremy Kyle.

Why not just call it CuntTV and get it over with?

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2021, 04:04:31 pm »
However, the disastrous launch of GB News appears to have played a role in convincing Murdoch’s company there is a gap in the market for a similar channel if the material is produced professionally.
There's probably some logic there somewhere.  Maybe the early viewing figures before the dreadful quality turned more and more people off watching it??

It seemed to me though that GB News couldn't be bigoted enough for its core following so became more bigoted and lost everyone else.

News UK has been aggressively hiring big-name talent on large wages, having poached Chris Evans and Graham Norton from the BBC. The company often ties them into “360 deals”, where staff work across multiple News UK outlets – such as a column in the Sun, a show on talkRadio, and a role in the company’s television plans.
Chris Evans has been known for being a self-absorbed cretin for a long time now but it still surprises me when well established, loaded celebrities sign up for this sort of thing.  Graham Norton as an Irish-born presenter and homosexual isn't exactly the sort of person News UK are known to champion, in fact the opposite.  When he moved from the BBC to Virgin radio it felt wrong and still does.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2021, 05:52:48 pm »
There's probably some logic there somewhere.  Maybe the early viewing figures before the dreadful quality turned more and more people off watching it??

Hoping the early (first week) viewing figures of GB news were more down to curiosity rather than racists etc and subsequently both GB News and this new channel over estimated the extent of racists, etc, that have access to and interest in this sort of channel.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2021, 11:16:54 pm »
New fascist station incoming hosted by Piers Moron

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/sep/16/piers-morgan-hired-to-launch-rupert-murdoch-tv-station-talktv

Rupert Murdoch’s News UK has announced plans to launch a national television station called talkTV, which will be a rival to the floundering GB News and provide a platform for the return of Piers Moron.

I'll be cancelling my Foxtel/Sky News subscription after 25+ years in the early new year. The loss of the PL & Champions League + Sky New After Dark (5-11PM) of rightwing nutjobs and now this clown coming to our shores means I'm out. The prodigal son, Lachlan has definitely grabbed the reigns of the business in his fathers image.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2021, 08:35:12 am »
Good old Uncle Rupe to the rescue.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2021, 08:47:43 am »
I'll be cancelling my Foxtel/Sky News subscription after 25+ years in the early new year. The loss of the PL & Champions League + Sky New After Dark (5-11PM) of rightwing nutjobs and now this clown coming to our shores means I'm out. The prodigal son, Lachlan has definitely grabbed the reigns of the business in his fathers image.
We ditched Sky last year after years of mindlessly paying for it.  I don't watch much TV beyond football and the games I'm interested in are so spread across different platforms now that it's not worth the hassle.  The straw that broke the camel's back was all the Disney movies going to Disney+  ;D.

I wonder if the new show will take any 'talent' from GB News.  I would expect probably not as they're largely tainted but who knows?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 08:49:33 am by thaddeus »

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #254 on: September 20, 2021, 09:06:28 am »
I've not paid for sports for decades now, just the freebie things like cl finals and occasionally I'll fork out for ppv on one of our games . I did think the break up of games to other channels was mental. It's just so much faff and I assume quite expensive. Oh I guess I watched a few  games via Amazon. That was good. Are they still doing them?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2021, 03:30:37 am »

Andrew Neil
@afneil
After weeks of talks with @GBNEWS, resulting in exit settlement, the channel then broke it by briefing Mail on Sunday with load of smears/lies then unilaterally cancelling exit deal. Leaving me free to do, say whatever I want + never again be on GBNews. Couldn’t be happier.
7:58 AM · Sep 23, 2021·Twitter for iPad
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2021, 07:03:35 am »
:lmao

Extraordinary… exactly as I predicted ..it’s turned into an ultra right wing scandal channel
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2021, 10:43:41 am »
:lmao

Extraordinary… exactly as I predicted ..it’s turned into an ultra right wing scandal channel
And, as such, will surely fall foul of Ofcom's Section five: Due impartiality and due accuracy requirements:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/section-five-due-impartiality-accuracy

GB News seems to be firmly lodged between a rock and a hard place - and I could not be happier about it. :)

So, has Andrew Neil blabbed any juicy details yet?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2021, 11:08:16 am »
And, as such, will surely fall foul of Ofcom's Section five: Due impartiality and due accuracy requirements:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/section-five-due-impartiality-accuracy

Not if Dacre gets the job it wont  ;)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2021, 11:18:24 am »

GB News seems to be firmly lodged between a rock and a hard place - and I could not be happier about it. :)

So, has Andrew Neil blabbed any juicy details yet?

Just wait till Murdoch launches talkTV with Piers Moron next year. It's going to be a polished turd version of GB News.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2021, 11:55:02 am »
If the BBC News have another piece on the return of Strictly Come Dancing I might just have to switch over the GB News to get away from it. It’s a fucking TV show, a shit one at that and it’s return doesn’t constitute news FFS.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2021, 12:13:48 pm »
If the BBC News have another piece on the return of Strictly Come Dancing I might just have to switch over the GB News to get away from it. It’s a fucking TV show, a shit one at that and it’s return doesn’t constitute news FFS.
BBC News really should be ring-fenced from the rest of the Corporation's content/activities. This kind of behaviour rather undermines its special status within UK broadcasting.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2021, 12:51:51 pm »

Feed the masses shite. keep them thick, numb and entranced by "celebrities". And it works, that's why they do it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2021, 12:58:15 pm »
Feed the masses shite. keep them thick, numb and entranced by "celebrities". And it works, that's why they do it.

It's not just the Beeb. Always disappointing to see the likes of The Guardian, The Independent and The Times all leading with stories about a shit reality dance contest on their main page.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2021, 01:52:50 pm »
BBC News really should be ring-fenced from the rest of the Corporation's content/activities. This kind of behaviour rather undermines its special status within UK broadcasting.

Yeah, as much as I love the BBC this behaviour really does piss me off. Some presenter leaves or retires and they treat it like a historic event of national importance with round the clock coverage.

Last week they spent the whole day covering the fact that Strictly had a male couple. Now, you could argue that’s newsworthy, but they had a same sex couple last year so that boundary has been broken, they don’t need to remind us every year because it just becomes self publicity.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2021, 03:57:16 pm »
It's not just the Beeb. Always disappointing to see the likes of The Guardian, The Independent and The Times all leading with stories about a shit reality dance contest on their main page.

Its all of them. Media, corporations, politicians. It appeals to our survival instinct to gravitate towards the "strongest" in our tribe as a form of protection. Its why the cult of celebrity is so pervasive everywhere these days. Its used to control and exploit us at every opportunity.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2021, 10:03:39 am »

It seemed to me though that GB News couldn't be bigoted enough for its core following so became more bigoted and lost everyone else.
Chris Evans has been known for being a self-absorbed cretin for a long time now but it still surprises me when well established, loaded celebrities sign up for this sort of thing.  Graham Norton as an Irish-born presenter and homosexual isn't exactly the sort of person News UK are known to champion, in fact the opposite.  When he moved from the BBC to Virgin radio it felt wrong and still does.

Evans classes himself as a Liverpool fan
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2021, 10:39:09 am »
Evans classes himself as a Liverpool fan

I always had Evans down as a United supporter. Or am I confusing him with some other ginger twat?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2021, 10:43:08 am »
I always had Evans down as a United supporter. Or am I confusing him with some other ginger twat?

Mick Hucknall?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2021, 11:19:08 am »

Eamon Holmes perhaps, hes not ginger but he is a twat in the truest sense of the word

Evans deffo Liverpool though, although hes not big into footy
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2021, 11:29:39 am »
Evans deffo Liverpool though, although hes not big into footy

He was doing TFI Friday at about the same time as the Spice Boys and all that stuff, right? Probably just latched on when footballers started becoming cool as he was trying to nail down being the go-to presenter for any programming for the 'lad' market.

Never could stand the guy, I think he took over the R1 breakfast show when I was on the schoolbus and he just used to yammer on with some mates about how great they all were and the events they went to.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2021, 01:02:23 pm »
He was doing TFI Friday at about the same time as the Spice Boys and all that stuff, right? Probably just latched on when footballers started becoming cool as he was trying to nail down being the go-to presenter for any programming for the 'lad' market.

Never could stand the guy, I think he took over the R1 breakfast show when I was on the schoolbus and he just used to yammer on with some mates about how great they all were and the events they went to.

He was more into hanging onto Gascoigne’s shirt when out on the piss and hunting kebabs.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2021, 08:55:32 am »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2021, 10:02:11 am »
Paul Scholes?

Moyes before he went grey?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2021, 10:07:22 am »
Wes Brown

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2021, 10:20:32 am »
Gordon Strachan?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2021, 10:23:50 am »
Wes Brown

I worked with a woman who had a large photo of Brown, complete with dyed ginger locks, behind her desk. Whenever you had a meeting in her office you couldn't miss him.

Besides being a Manc season ticket holder she must have had a sense of humour to have that up in an office full of Reds.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2021, 10:38:21 am »
Ryan Babel.