Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 81018 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appeeling......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #600 on: July 29, 2022, 12:38:10 pm »
The Echo website, as with all the other Trinity Mirror owned websites are awful, the Echo has gone really downhill since they moved to Oldham.
#Sausages

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #601 on: July 29, 2022, 01:42:41 pm »
Yes, they did an entire article simply reposting speculation from the comments section from their original story.

Here they are posting the thoughts of Gaby Agbonlahor on Cristiano Ronaldo, as shared with (News Corp owned) Talksport. They were also Tweeting links to this article.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cristiano-ronaldo-liverpool-transfer-claim-24612159

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: July 29, 2022, 06:37:08 pm »
I walked from West Kirby to Meols yesterday and on some stretches of the walk there was definitely a smell of raw sewage. No clue where it was coming from.

I hope it's Bramley Moore. Everton fans can get a preview of what they're in for when they move.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: July 29, 2022, 10:08:01 pm »
The echo website is nigh on unusable on your mobile phone now.

Just had a quick look to see if anything was happening with the  bus strikes but insanely couldn't find a single article about it. Not even a quick one to say they were still ongoing, even though its clearly one of the most important local news stories at the moment.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 27 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #604 on: July 29, 2022, 11:13:44 pm »

Just had a quick look to see if anything was happening with the  bus strikes but insanely couldn't find a single article about it. Not even a quick one to say they were still ongoing, even though its clearly one of the most important local news stories at the moment.
I had to switch to the app. The website was unusable and pretty much fried my last mobile every time I went on it.
Liverpool FC - Local, Regional, National, International and Global. Probably got fans on Mars too.

We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appeeling......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #605 on: July 30, 2022, 02:28:45 pm »
I had to switch to the app. The website was unusable and pretty much fried my last mobile every time I went on it.

As i said, the website is dreadful, any articles you do click on to, comes with a video on auto load just fuck off :no, ended up turning off JavaScript for when i visit the site, oh & using adblockers are essential too.
#Sausages

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: August 1, 2022, 12:15:33 am »

to be honest this is a trend I see a lot. they make a website virtually unworkable on mobile to force you to use their fucking app. I'm not downloading an app I'll barely use that will hog space on my phone for the few bare minutes I might use it every month. I've disabled and uninstalled apps and fucked the consequences/avoided the webpages. It's pretty liberating actually.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #607 on: August 2, 2022, 09:49:44 am »

I just went on to look at this, still not a thing. It's just about 2 weeks, and there is pretty much no buses from my area at all, would be nice to have some news on it.... shame the local paper prefers tiktok hacks and Michael Owen's verdict on Love Island.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: August 2, 2022, 04:45:02 pm »
Videos all over scouse WhatsApp groups of that bird in concert square this weekend. Crazy shit.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #609 on: August 2, 2022, 04:45:51 pm »
Videos all over scouse WhatsApp groups of that bird in concert square this weekend. Crazy shit.

A seagull?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: August 3, 2022, 10:35:24 am »

There's a guy involved too.

All over Belfast WhatsApp now. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #611 on: August 3, 2022, 09:32:35 pm »
would anyone care to share with the rest of the class?

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #612 on: August 3, 2022, 09:42:57 pm »
would anyone care to share with the rest of the class?

Imagine there might in fact have been a bit of sharing of a sort going on...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #613 on: August 10, 2022, 04:15:10 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Eldonian’s community supporter has died.

Offline Redbonnie

• Main Stander
« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2022, 10:53:18 pm »
Mad this fella walking down priory road with a machete slashing people… looks like it’s mental health related according to police.

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED
« Reply #615 on: August 13, 2022, 05:21:07 pm »
Mad this fella walking down priory road with a machete slashing people… looks like it’s mental health related according to police.

did he get the help he needs?

nope

do mental health homes exist? not really - this fella might have been sectioned

Are the police trained for this? nope

not to defend a knife-wielding maniac but should he really be out to do this considering his mental state?

In this society - yes, obviously. He did it didn't he?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #616 on: Yesterday at 10:47:14 am »
Reported on the Radio Merseyside, Arriva drivers are voting today & tomorrow whether to accept a new pay offer, if the offer is accepted Arriva buses could be running as soon as Wednesday.
#Sausages

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #617 on: Yesterday at 12:03:00 pm »
Reported on the Radio Merseyside, Arriva drivers are voting today & tomorrow whether to accept a new pay offer, if the offer is accepted Arriva buses could be running as soon as Wednesday.

I might finally be able to leave Speke!  ;D Poor people wheeling their suit cases around the place to and from the aiport every time I leave the house at the moment. I got a taxi for some old couple who had no idea where they were going the other day, just walking down Speke Hall Ave at a snails pace.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #618 on: Yesterday at 05:59:05 pm »
Someone with one of those dogs (a bullmastiff) originally bred for what? fighting? Killing? Just ruined a four year olds face in Norris Green.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:03:10 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: Yesterday at 06:18:42 pm »
I might finally be able to leave Speke!  ;D Poor people wheeling their suit cases around the place to and from the aiport every time I leave the house at the moment. I got a taxi for some old couple who had no idea where they were going the other day, just walking down Speke Hall Ave at a snails pace.

I've been getting the train to Hunts Cross to visit one of my favourite cafes in Speke, then walking back to Garston to get a Stagecoach home. A bit of a drudge but at least I've got my steps in. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century this girl does two together
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: Yesterday at 06:28:20 pm »
I've been getting the train to Hunts Cross to visit one of my favourite cafes in Speke, then walking back to Garston to get a Stagecoach home. A bit of a drudge but at least I've got my steps in. ;D

There are good cafes in Speke?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: Yesterday at 08:03:12 pm »
There are good cafes in Speke?

The Warehouse Cafe, next door to Taskers. I love it in there. Staff are really nice, and it's got a lovely vibe. Gets very busy though! I usually go once a week to catch up with all the gossip. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: Yesterday at 09:48:35 pm »
Someone with one of those dogs (a bullmastiff) originally bred for what? fighting? Killing? Just ruined a four year olds face in Norris Green.

You see pitbulls everywhere in the states. People are horrified if anyone tries to say they're dangerous. It's madness

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century this girl does two together
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: Today at 08:28:36 am »
The Warehouse Cafe, next door to Taskers. I love it in there. Staff are really nice, and it's got a lovely vibe. Gets very busy though! I usually go once a week to catch up with all the gossip. :)

Ta, will give it a go if I find myself there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: Today at 10:51:29 am »
Ta, will give it a go if I find myself there.

Enjoy! The food is great, you can buy bags of coffee there, and they serve alcohol too. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #625 on: Today at 12:58:51 pm »
Enjoy! The food is great, you can buy bags of coffee there, and they serve alcohol too. :)

A trifecta!  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...