Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2196240 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #21440 on: September 4, 2022, 06:33:32 pm »
Thing is, if we taunt them it's to do with football. It's pretty inoffensive stuff unless your skin is paper thin.

With these though, it's all about death, tragedy, disaster, xenophobia, racism and suchlike. Absolutely grotesque stuff which has no place in sport and decent society.
Honestly mate, after the banner in the away end yesterday I think we need to get down off our high horses for a bit.

The derby has had a nasty edge to it for a while now but it's not all one way.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21441 on: September 4, 2022, 06:34:50 pm »
What banner?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21442 on: September 4, 2022, 06:38:33 pm »
Honestly mate, after the banner in the away end yesterday I think we need to get down off our high horses for a bit.

What? The goodison gang since 1995 one? What’s wrong with that 😂

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21443 on: September 4, 2022, 06:39:54 pm »

What? The goodison gang since 1995 one? What’s wrong with that 😂
No the Steau Bucharest flag.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21444 on: September 4, 2022, 06:40:43 pm »

Didn’t see that, it’s toxic from both sides at times.  Having said that I still don’t think it’s as bad as the things they wrote on the murals and the shit they spout at every Derby.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2022, 06:43:32 pm by RedBec1993 »

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #21445 on: September 4, 2022, 06:43:43 pm »
What banner?

Their Wall of Champions since 1995 I assume.

Can't really compare that to defacing murals of deceased former players and racially abusing Salah on his mural.

I stand corrected.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #21446 on: September 4, 2022, 06:45:57 pm »
Thing is, if we taunt them it's to do with football. It's pretty inoffensive stuff unless your skin is paper thin.

With these though, it's all about death, tragedy, disaster, xenophobia, racism and suchlike. Absolutely grotesque stuff which has no place in sport and decent society.
It's because they can't bash a winning team. It's like when someone makes a personal comment when they're losing a debate. It's very weak.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21447 on: September 4, 2022, 06:46:28 pm »
Their Wall of Champions since 1995 I assume.

Right. That was just harmless piss taking, though. Quite funny.

I assumed there was something off-colour or offensive

Can't really compare that to defacing murals of deceased former players and racially abusing Salah on his mural
Agreed. Not even in the same conversation

EDIT: Ok, right Steau
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21448 on: September 4, 2022, 07:22:44 pm »

I only saw the one piss taking their 'champions' wall, which is harmless.

If there was a SB banner there then it needs burning.

I've not seen us do anything as bad as their racist, Scouse hating, disaster celebrating vandalism though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21449 on: September 4, 2022, 07:33:31 pm »
“But the feeling was incredible, to score at Goodison Park was absolutely amazing I'll be honest with you. It sounds a bit daft because the goal's been ruled out but it was an incredible feeling.” - Coady

Scoring without scoring. Winning without winning.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21450 on: September 4, 2022, 07:37:47 pm »
“But the feeling was incredible, to score at Goodison Park was absolutely amazing I'll be honest with you. It sounds a bit daft because the goal's been ruled out but it was an incredible feeling.” - Coady

Scoring without scoring. Winning without winning.

He talks shite, he’s desperate for the BS fans to take to him with him being a red. As a massive red (his words) how can you say it was incredible to score at goodison park. HOW. Turns my fucking stomach.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21451 on: September 4, 2022, 07:38:36 pm »
He’s not a massive red at all, look at his antics against us with Wolves
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21452 on: September 4, 2022, 07:42:08 pm »
He’s not a massive red at all, look at his antics against us with Wolves

He can’t be if he’s saying that sort of shite.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21453 on: September 4, 2022, 07:43:57 pm »
What's the going price for a soul these days ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21454 on: September 4, 2022, 07:47:42 pm »
What's the going price for a soul these days ?
Ask Chelsea

Oh, sorry, I thought you said Saul. But ask Chelsea anyway. And City and Newcastle...

And, for different reasons, The Ev

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21455 on: September 4, 2022, 07:53:20 pm »
Ask Chelsea

Oh, sorry, I thought you said Saul. But ask Chelsea anyway. And City and Newcastle...

And, for different reasons, The Ev

If I knew that it'd be that much work I wouldn't have bothered asking.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21456 on: September 4, 2022, 07:54:07 pm »

If I knew that it'd be that much work I wouldn't have bothered asking.
You have no soul... ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21457 on: September 4, 2022, 07:56:45 pm »
You have no soul... ;)

You're not the first to make that claim.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #21458 on: September 4, 2022, 08:11:35 pm »

If he was that chuffed.. I mean, that totally and utterly elated, can you imagine the absolute gut wrenching feeling he must have felt when it was chalked off, the two emotions go hand in hand!...gobshite.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #21459 on: September 4, 2022, 08:18:38 pm »
Didn’t see that, it’s toxic from both sides at times.  Having said that I still don’t think it’s as bad as the things they wrote on the murals and the shit they spout at every Derby.

Bucharest is in poor taste but honestly why even taunt them about football (i.e. flags about trophies?). They can't take it and it just leads to more and more aggression and poison. The 1995 song was good and in good humour as a response to what they sung about Tottenham the year before though. One of them where you get a taste of your own medicine. Bucharest also maybe some attempt at humour because of how they make out they're the victims of Heysel etc etc but that's exactly the kind of thing that they'll use to justify all their own nastiness. Be better.

At this point I think they should ban away fans from both fixtures before things escalate further. It'd take a gesture like that to wake people up to just how bad its got. I don't want those vile fuckers at Anfield trashing the new stand next season and god knows what else around the ground.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #21460 on: September 4, 2022, 08:21:49 pm »
Bucharest is in poor taste but honestly why even taunt them about football (i.e. flags about trophies?). They can't take it and it just leads to more and more aggression and poison. The 1995 song was good and in good humour as a response to what they sung about Tottenham the year before though. One of them where you get a taste of your own medicine. Bucharest also maybe some attempt at humour because of how they make out they're the victims of Heysel etc etc but that's exactly the kind of thing that they'll use to justify all their own nastiness. Be better.

At this point I think they should ban away fans from both fixtures before things escalate further. It'd take a gesture like that to wake people up to just how bad its got. I don't want those vile fuckers at Anfield trashing the new stand next season and god knows what else around the ground.

If fans were being searched and causing entry delays how did they miss someone taking in a Steau flag?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21461 on: September 4, 2022, 08:23:19 pm »

I'd have banned this shower of shite and the Mancs from Anfield years ago. Both are poison and cannot behave in a civilised manner.

I'd happily see away fans banned from the derby.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21462 on: September 4, 2022, 08:26:04 pm »

Yeah the Steaua stuff is in bad taste. But I think taunts about trophies is fair game? Isn’t it a part of the banter? As that’s what football is all about winning trophies and to us, it’s hilarious that they’ve gone so long without winning a thing. I don’t think there’s anything malicious in the poking fun about trophies. It’s prodding an angry bear and it hits a nerve with them. They’ve got nothing to come back with but death mocking. The way they carried on at Anfield last season was disgusting. Grown adults. So the No away fans might not be a bad shout tbf.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21463 on: September 4, 2022, 08:35:16 pm »
They have strengthened but they still look very short of goals. Will anyone score 10 in the league? They’ll probably do enough to stay up but will be a grind of a season.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21464 on: September 4, 2022, 08:37:33 pm »
I'd have banned this shower of shite and the Mancs from Anfield years ago. Both are poison and cannot behave in a civilised manner.

I'd happily see away fans banned from the derby.

It's the way it needs to go at this point. And have all memorials and murals covered up on derby day. Extra security on all pub doors etc.

Even the old 'early kick off on police advice' makes no difference given it was an early kick off yesterday.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21465 on: September 4, 2022, 08:39:22 pm »

Yeah the Steaua stuff is in bad taste. But I think taunts about trophies is fair game? Isn’t it a part of the banter? As that’s what football is all about winning trophies and to us, it’s hilarious that they’ve gone so long without winning a thing. I don’t think there’s anything malicious in the poking fun about trophies. It’s prodding an angry bear and it hits a nerve with them. They’ve got nothing to come back with but death mocking. The way they carried on at Anfield last season was disgusting. Grown adults. So the No away fans might not be a bad shout tbf.

Yes it is, and there's nothing wrong with it, but they can't take it and just leads to more poison in response (murderers etc). Some might say if it winds them up then it does the job which is also true but the way these are nowadays I don't think winding them up is productive for anyone.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21466 on: September 4, 2022, 08:41:36 pm »
Yes it is, and there's nothing wrong with it, but they can't take it and just leads to more poison in response (murderers etc). Some might say if it winds them up then it does the job which is also true but the way these are nowadays I don't think winding them up is productive for anyone.

The murderers and other disgusting gestures they always do at the derby either at goodison and at anfield is also fair game it seems, because nothing ever gets mentioned or condemned. They know there are no repercussions for their behaviour. I mean look at what they done to anfield last season.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21467 on: September 4, 2022, 08:42:45 pm »

So you want the game sanitised even more just because of a few fucking dickheads.

Fuck that.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #21468 on: September 4, 2022, 08:43:46 pm »
Was it the same Steau Bucharest flag that surfaced years ago, there was a whole thread about it on here, over 10 years ago I reckon.

No need for it, very bad taste in my opinion and hopefully it won't be seen again.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #21469 on: September 4, 2022, 08:47:50 pm »
Had a look through 3 pages of the forum, going back before the game started, and can see no mention of our away fans still outside the ground waiting to get in 5 minutes after kick off. A drone clearly showed what looked like hundreds of kettled LFC fans at the turnstile. Has this been discussed?. I am struggling with the notion of the travelling kop not getting across the park in time.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #21470 on: September 4, 2022, 08:52:08 pm »
Had a look through 3 pages of the forum, going back before the game started, and can see no mention of our away fans still outside the ground waiting to get in 5 minutes after kick off. A drone clearly showed what looked like hundreds of kettled LFC fans at the turnstile. Has this been discussed?. I am struggling with the notion of the travelling kop not getting across the park in time.

It's covered in the 'our fantastic away support' topic on the main page.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21471 on: September 4, 2022, 08:57:42 pm »

So you want the game sanitised even more just because of a few fucking dickheads.

Fuck that.

I'm talking more rhetorically. As I said there's nothing wrong with it.

I would ban them from Anfield though. Again, it's not feasible for the club to do that but the more these incidents escalate then it won't be long until that's on the table as a genuine proposal to ban away fans from Merseyside derbies. That's quite the comedown from even 20 years ago when there was still plenty of reds and blues in the home ends.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21472 on: September 4, 2022, 08:59:50 pm »

It's part of growing up,it's not our fault that the elder brother acts more like a 2yr old.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21473 on: September 4, 2022, 09:03:13 pm »

I would ban them from Anfield though. Again, it's not feasible for the club to do that but the more these incidents escalate then it won't be long until that's on the table as a genuine proposal to ban away fans from Merseyside derbies. That's quite the comedown from even 20 years ago when there was still plenty of reds and blues in the home ends.

I got tickets to a derby off one of my blue mates for the 2011 derby at goodison. Sat in the upper bullens towards gwladys street end with my Liverpool top on with my cousin also with a Liverpool top on. Celebrated when Carroll scored with other reds who were sat around there, it’s mad how times have changed.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #21474 on: September 4, 2022, 09:07:52 pm »
The only reason why that Steau flag ever came into existence is because of that lot with their murderers and wall pusher shouts. Not excusing it, by the way.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21475 on: September 4, 2022, 09:13:27 pm »
The only reason why that Steau flag ever came into existence is because of that lot with their murderers and wall pusher shouts. Not excusing it, by the way.
Maybe so but there’s no place for it. We’re better than that. We have enough football matters to taunt them with. If they want to be scum and chant what they do that’s on them, it’s up to the club to complain about it. We shouldn’t sink to their level, not that waving a flag is anywhere near what they do mind.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21476 on: September 4, 2022, 09:18:21 pm »
I got tickets to a derby off one of my blue mates for the 2011 derby at goodison. Sat in the upper bullens towards gwladys street end with my Liverpool top on with my cousin also with a Liverpool top on. Celebrated when Carroll scored with other reds who were sat around there, it’s mad how times have changed.

And not much between the sides at the time, they beat us the year before as Hodgson smiled with Moyes. They finished above us that 11/12 season, though we won the derbies. Then they finished above us again in Rodgers's first season. Then in 13/14 there was that 3-3 which was probably the last enjoyable derby (from a competitive game perspective of a good match).

It's been bad for a long time but as they declined post-Moyes/Martinez's first season and we went from strength to strength under Klopp and started winning the big trophies again it's got worse as the gap has grown more exponentially between the teams and clubs.  The social problems at the moment caused by a pandemic and cost-of-living crisis isn't helping either.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21477 on: September 4, 2022, 09:26:46 pm »
And not much between the sides at the time, they beat us the year before as Hodgson smiled with Moyes. They finished above us that 11/12 season, though we won the derbies. Then they finished above us again in Rodgers's first season. Then in 13/14 there was that 3-3 which was probably the last enjoyable derby (from a competitive game perspective of a good match).

It's been bad for a long time but as they declined post-Moyes/Martinez's first season and we went from strength to strength under Klopp and started winning the big trophies again it's got worse as the gap has grown more exponentially between the teams and clubs.  The social problems at the moment caused by a pandemic and cost-of-living crisis isn't helping either.

I wasn’t alive in the 80’s but I always get told that everyone used to mix sit together and just mix in general with absolutely no bitterness or hatred between the two sets of fans. I guess that’s because were good in the 80s?

It must be down to pure jealousy an envy. To be honest I would hate to be in their position. Everytime we win something and get into finals, the parades etc. Not sure what I’d do, I was a baby the last time they won anything. But I definitely wouldn’t carry on like the way their fans do.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21478 on: September 4, 2022, 09:56:33 pm »
Was it the same Steau Bucharest flag that surfaced years ago, there was a whole thread about it on here, over 10 years ago I reckon.

No need for it, very bad taste in my opinion and hopefully it won't be seen again.
Different one. Not the same as the one on the KOP. Needs dealing with, but to be honest it just feels a bit like a downward spiral last few years.

Can argue back and forth which fans are worse if you like but personally I'm not interested. There's a toxic element to both fanbases and I don't know how you stop the rot at this stage.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21479 on: September 4, 2022, 10:06:06 pm »
Different one. Not the same as the one on the KOP. Needs dealing with, but to be honest it just feels a bit like a downward spiral last few years.

Can argue back and forth which fans are worse if you like but personally I'm not interested. There's a toxic element to both fanbases and I don't know how you stop the rot at this stage.

Problem is the morons with the flag (or those defending it) will justify it by stuff Everton sang or the mural vandalism and the morons who wreck murals (or defend it) will justify it because of the flag, or justify chanting murderers because of that flag etc.

It's all extremely childish. Just idiots who don't know any better.