Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2196127 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #21400 on: September 4, 2022, 09:21:33 am »
Can't score a goal, 3 points behind Bournemouth now who had a harder start  ;D 4 behind Fulham who had a harder start and you could be forgiven for thinking Lampard is performing some sort of miracle. Crazy.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21401 on: September 4, 2022, 09:57:24 am »
Four points from six games. Only other team without a win is Leicester. Their current position in the table belies their form.

From our standpoint this is good for us. We are not so petty or small minded that we would trade winning the title to see them relegated, but they're so delighted with how awful we're doing they're currently blind to the seriousness of their situation.

With so many poor teams in the league every season I can see why they're not worried yet, all it takes is one win and you can jump half way up the table and be safe for weeks.

That said, the teams below them are mostly teams you'd expect to finish above them. They're also relying on three not particularly prolific forwards for all of their goals, with two of them being in the form of their careers to get them the 4 points they've racked up so far.

The biggest thing they have going for them is a wealth of hard-working defensive midfielders to keep the score down and hope they can nick the odd win, which sadly is enough to survive most seasons.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21402 on: September 4, 2022, 09:59:28 am »
Thanks to VAR for disallowing their goal because it would have been unbearable to lose to these.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21403 on: September 4, 2022, 10:10:46 am »
He was offside by quite a way, not sure why it took so long for them to resolve it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21404 on: September 4, 2022, 10:15:58 am »
He was offside by quite a way, not sure why it took so long for them to resolve it.

Was Maupay’s effort going wide? Think it was, but would have been funnier if that had been going in before Coady touched it.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21405 on: September 4, 2022, 10:19:27 am »
Was Maupay’s effort going wide? Think it was, but would have been funnier if that had been going in before Coady touched it.

It was going wide, so Coady had to touch it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #21406 on: September 4, 2022, 10:20:13 am »
It’s making old Gorilla Mitts lose his shit on Twitter, which makes it all the funnier (if only for the replies).
AHA!

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21407 on: September 4, 2022, 10:22:24 am »
Seen so many Evertonians say “we are back and everyone knows it” what planet do they live on? And why isn’t lampard being hounded out for their awful start? Mad.

I actually can’t bare Everton fans more than United.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #21408 on: September 4, 2022, 10:33:38 am »
With so many poor teams in the league every season I can see why they're not worried yet, all it takes is one win and you can jump half way up the table and be safe for weeks.

That said, the teams below them are mostly teams you'd expect to finish above them. They're also relying on three not particularly prolific forwards for all of their goals, with two of them being in the form of their careers to get them the 4 points they've racked up so far.

The biggest thing they have going for them is a wealth of hard-working defensive midfielders to keep the score down and hope they can nick the odd win, which sadly is enough to survive most seasons.

They've probably done enough in the window by improving the spine of their team.

Whether they're mid table or hovering close to the bottom 3 may depend on whether they get Calvert Lewin fit and scoring again.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21409 on: September 4, 2022, 10:34:00 am »
Seen so many Evertonians say “we are back and everyone knows it” what planet do they live on? And why isn’t lampard being hounded out for their awful start? Mad.

They will be back in the bottom 3 next week.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #21410 on: September 4, 2022, 10:52:43 am »
It’s making old Gorilla Mitts lose his shit on Twitter, which makes it all the funnier (if only for the replies).
So he still don't like us then

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21411 on: September 4, 2022, 11:15:04 am »
They will be back in the bottom 3 next week.

I think Coady has made them more defensively solid and the right back Patterson. Well solid enough to stay up anyway. I would absolutely love if they went down though, how can fans of a team that’s so shit be so unbearable? 😂

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #21412 on: September 4, 2022, 11:30:28 am »

"everyone knows it" would imply someone actually cares
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #21413 on: September 4, 2022, 11:35:49 am »
"everyone knows it" would imply someone actually cares
Well, Everyone is just a collective term for themselves.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #21414 on: September 4, 2022, 11:37:56 am »
Murphy's another ex-player one,always comes off so angry and bitter.
Clearly never got over Rafa selling him did he

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21415 on: September 4, 2022, 12:25:53 pm »
I actually find the worst blues, on social media anyway, tend to be the 'Everton Da's'. The ones who are 40 years old and older. Horrible, vile, bitter arl bastards that lot. It's no wonder the younger generation of blues are like they are when you have that lot giving them their footballing education. It's them who have ruined what once was seen as the friendly derby.
My Bitter BS radar is rarely wrong.

There is this older fella who walks past on his way to the shop most days. I'm often out doing the garden or fiddling with the car. Loads of people give eye contact and say hello when passing. This gnarly old twat never gives eye contact. Never says hello and generally looks a miserable old twat.

I thought to myself, he's 100% a Bitter. I just knew it, but had no way to confirm it. Anyway, with the sunny weather recently he walks past again, but this time in shorts. What's there tattooed on his leg? Yes, the BS crest. I knew it. I just knew it. 😃

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21416 on: September 4, 2022, 12:35:03 pm »

I definitely loathe the Bitters more than I do Yernaaartid.

My reason is that you fully expect the Mancs to act like complete arseholes. They are based in a rival city which has always been insanely jealous of our city and it's premier football club.

The Bitters have no excuse. They live and work alongside us. Often living in the same household. We share blood, for goodness sake. They have no excuse for acting like cretinous morons.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21417 on: September 4, 2022, 12:54:11 pm »

My reason is that you fully expect the Mancs to act like complete arseholes. They are based in a rival city which has always been insanely jealous of our city and it's premier football club.

The Bitters have no excuse. They live and work alongside us. Often living in the same household. We share blood, for goodness sake. They have no excuse for acting like cretinous morons.

Yeah the mancs hate us, as we do them. Even outside of football. The BS just act like feral little rats and I think their hatred comes from jealousy and envy. I have mates and family who are older than me and have never seen Everton win even close to what I’ve seen Liverpool win. I am so incredibly lucky I wasn’t “chosen” 🤢

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #21418 on: September 4, 2022, 12:55:01 pm »
Absolute state of coady yesterday when he thought he scored btw

Bitter prick
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #21419 on: September 4, 2022, 12:56:03 pm »

Bitter prick

Made it all the more sweeter when it was ruled out and then Darwin taking the piss out of him was classic.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21420 on: September 4, 2022, 01:16:54 pm »

Bitter prick

Didn’t expect to see him act like that. Looks like some serious anger has been built up over the years in him.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21421 on: September 4, 2022, 01:21:08 pm »
Didn’t expect to see him act like that. Looks like some serious anger has been built up over the years in him.

His family are all reds. He’s got his kids in Everton kits now. Must be some confused kids them🤣

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21422 on: September 4, 2022, 01:28:10 pm »
Meh he's from St Helens isn't he? They're all a bit mangled ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21423 on: September 4, 2022, 01:31:08 pm »

The edge seems to have come off the hatred with M** U in recent times. Their more sensible fans acknowledge that they have reached the end of the cycle and are philosophical about Liverpool being in the ascendance rather than bitter.

The Bitters have only got worse, but let’s face it unlike M** U, they have not has any success in living memory.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #21424 on: September 4, 2022, 01:36:35 pm »
My Bitter BS radar is rarely wrong.

There is this older fella who walks past on his way to the shop most days. I'm often out doing the garden or fiddling with the car. Loads of people give eye contact and say hello when passing. This gnarly old twat never gives eye contact. Never says hello and generally looks a miserable old twat.

I thought to myself, he's 100% a Bitter. I just knew it, but had no way to confirm it. Anyway, with the sunny weather recently he walks past again, but this time in shorts. What's there tattooed on his leg? Yes, the BS crest. I knew it. I just knew it. 😃

You can spot them a mile off. ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #21425 on: September 4, 2022, 01:39:00 pm »
so when's their parade

Twitter is full of them saying either how great it is they now have their club back and the team they craved, or the other moaning  that the Premier league is bent because Coady was given offside, and that the Premier league doesn’t want the “non big clubs” to win because they don’t appeal to a wider audience.
Seriously, they got away with one point against us.
They had 2 shots on target all game I think, but they wuz robbed
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #21426 on: September 4, 2022, 01:49:15 pm »
Twitter is full of them saying either how great it is they now have their club back and the team they craved, or the other moaning  that the Premier league is bent because Coady was given offside, and that the Premier league doesn’t want the “non big clubs” to win because they don’t appeal to a wider audience.

They had 3 shots on target.

We had 8 shots on target.

Mind you , when you hit the woodwork, that is not a shot on target. So add that into it all.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #21427 on: September 4, 2022, 01:53:25 pm »
I actually find the worst blues, on social media anyway, tend to be the 'Everton Da's'. The ones who are 40 years old and older. Horrible, vile, bitter arl bastards that lot. It's no wonder the younger generation of blues are like they are when you have that lot giving them their footballing education. It's them who have ruined what once was seen as the friendly derby.

Have you noticed that age group of fellers walking around in the EFC gear.
Match coats in the winter, tops in the warmer weather and worst of all shorts? Tattoo prominently displayed on their calf. Dressed up like a model in the club shop window to go the paper shop for an Echo and fags, or take the little ugly dog called Richie for a walk.
“Look at me, Evertonian aren’t I…”

Followed the reds all my life and had some of my happiest (and saddest) times following them. I care enough to feel seriously pissed off when we don’t play well, but I don’t see the need to dress up in Liverpool branded merchandise to go to fucking Aldi.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #21428 on: September 4, 2022, 01:57:44 pm »
Match coats in the winter, tops in the warmer weather and worst of all shorts? Tattoo prominently displayed on their calf. Dressed up like a model in the club shop window to go the paper shop for an Echo and fags, or take the little ugly dog called Richie for a walk.

Followed the reds all my life and had some of my happiest (and saddest) times following them. I care enough to feel seriously pissed off when we don’t play well, but I don’t see the need to dress up in Liverpool branded merchandise to go to fucking Aldi.

Utd fans are exactly the same when they are doing well. ;D

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21429 on: September 4, 2022, 02:00:40 pm »

Like that Video doing the rounds after we beat them at anfield last season. The one where his face was almost purple and he was spouting the usual shite “murderers, 39” etc. He was kitted out and he was like 60 odd if not more 😂

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21430 on: September 4, 2022, 02:09:24 pm »
🤔

Possession - BS 39.1%     Liverpool 60.9%

Shots -            BS 14           Liverpool 23

On Target -.    BS 3             Liverpool 8

Corners -        BS 7              Liverpool 9

Tackles %       BS 57.9        Liverpool 80

Aeriel
Duals %          BS 39.1         Liverpool 60.9

Saves -            BS 8              Liverpool 4

Coady - Clearly offside.

BS League position - 16th.  Played 6  Won 0  GD  -2.

Yep, they've doing just great.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21431 on: September 4, 2022, 02:12:51 pm »

They are compelled to overcompensate. It's both hilarious and also quite sad.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21432 on: September 4, 2022, 02:35:11 pm »
Justice for the 96!

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #21433 on: September 4, 2022, 03:01:25 pm »
Have the defaced murals been cleaned up yet?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21434 on: September 4, 2022, 03:02:50 pm »
What did we do to their one? I haven’t seen any pictures of we have supposedly done.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #21435 on: September 4, 2022, 03:09:08 pm »
I've not kept up with this story or seen any pictures. What happened? What were the defacings?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #21436 on: September 4, 2022, 03:10:17 pm »
What did we do to their one? I haven’t seen any pictures of we have supposedly done.

I read somewhere that someone blutacked a poster to it. Not really comparable to spray painting multiple murals if so.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21437 on: September 4, 2022, 03:13:03 pm »
I read somewhere that someone blutacked a poster to it. Not really comparable to spray painting multiple murals if so.

Well the things they wrote on the Trent, Salah, Hendo, Ian St John and Roger Hunt Murals can’t even be repeated they were disgusting. As to be expected from that lot. But I’ve literally not seen anything what we did.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21438 on: September 4, 2022, 05:43:10 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62782297

Friendly derby my a***.
They have totally lost their minds. Worse than Mancs now.

I've trawled the stories online and seen not one single picture of any defacing of Everton murals or spray painted insults at all. What those imbeciles daubed on the Liverpool ones is absolutely vile.

Sadly, they have too many atrocious gobshites following them.

I don't believe that Reds sprayed anything on their ground or locality. Simply because if we did it would have been photographed and posted all over the internet and the Bitters would be howling in anger and pointing the finger. Remember the lock-up when some clown painted a red 6 on it? That was all over the press and social media. If we'd done anything this weekend it would be all over social media, but there's nothing.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21439 on: September 4, 2022, 05:47:05 pm »
Thing is, if we taunt them it's to do with football. It's pretty inoffensive stuff unless your skin is paper thin.

With these though, it's all about death, tragedy, disaster, xenophobia, racism and suchlike. Absolutely grotesque stuff which has no place in sport and decent society.