Author Topic: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4,SIE)  (Read 30026 times)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4,SIE)
« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2022, 06:21:48 pm »
Finished the Zero Dawn story recently, and I've just got a few trophies to collect - hunting grounds and all skills. All skills is going to take a fair amount of skill points I think - do your skills points carry over between the main game and the Frozen Wilds DLC (which was included on my late-purchase disc)?

Not sure whether thread title needs changing to include both main games, or some of the posts on the last page or two should be split off into a Forbidden West thread...?
It's not a separate game, just a different area and I believe you can travel seamlessly between the area of the main game and Frozen Wilds.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2022, 05:03:51 am »
Yeah, ypu can go back and forth between the dlc area and the main one. Really enjoyed TFW. Great dlc.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2022, 10:10:58 am »
is this game ok? Gets decent reviews but some mention the crafting etc is a pain and a bit of a grind fest. I see it is available on PC. I'm tempted.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2022, 11:46:31 pm »
is this game ok? Gets decent reviews but some mention the crafting etc is a pain and a bit of a grind fest. I see it is available on PC. I'm tempted.
I loved it, personally

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2022, 08:48:51 pm »
They’re both brilliant games, and the crafting actually has a purpose (weapons, outfits, upgrades etc). Not like Read Dead where you have to set up camp and start making roast lamb.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2022, 08:35:41 am »
Bought, took eons to d/l on steam. Did the kid intro bit and then had to stop as bedtime. Graphics look amazing. Helps that Ive a 3060Ti and a new 27" 144 monitor. But it looks pretty sweet. Wifey is away this weekend too. Result.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2022, 01:09:06 pm »
Bought, took eons to d/l on steam. Did the kid intro bit and then had to stop as bedtime. Graphics look amazing. Helps that Ive a 3060Ti and a new 27" 144 monitor. But it looks pretty sweet. Wifey is away this weekend too. Result.

Yeah, it's a really lovely looking game on PC.  Some really great environmental design too.  Meridian is brilliant.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2023, 10:58:03 am »
Tried to get into Zero Dawn three times, but never hooked me.

Forbidden West is free on PS+ this month, and despite not having a fucking clue what they are all talking about and the lore of it, I’m really enjoying it.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »
Really enjoying Forbidden West. Stunning looking game and the combat systems are tough but rewarding. The machine design for some of the new ones are amazing and it adds a great tactical element to the fights.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2023, 06:16:41 pm »
Tried to get into Zero Dawn three times, but never hooked me.

Forbidden West is free on PS+ this month, and despite not having a fucking clue what they are all talking about and the lore of it, I’m really enjoying it.

I feel the same. Tried twice and didn't particularly enjoy it, though going to give it one more go. I don't think I'm patient enough ;D