Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5737904 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal
« Reply #63760 on: September 24, 2022, 02:49:44 pm »
Battering them. Almost as one sided as next weeks men’s derby will be.  53767 attendance.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #63761 on: September 25, 2022, 08:22:54 am »
Battering them. Almost as one sided as next weeks men’s derby will be.  53767 attendance.
Nah. I think Kane will have an off day 😁
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63762 on: September 25, 2022, 01:26:00 pm »
Nah. I think Kane will have an off day 😁

It’s a big game so no doubt he ll disappear.

Game yesterday made the club 500k. Arsenal spend 3.5m a year on the women’s team. So could make some serious profit if they keep holding games at the Emirates. £8 a ticket and people want to come.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #63763 on: September 25, 2022, 01:58:18 pm »

Game yesterday made the club 500k. Arsenal spend 3.5m a year on the women’s team. So could make some serious profit if they keep holding games at the Emirates. £8 a ticket and people want to come.

That’s the advantage of having a big stadium. £8 a ticket plus food and drinks. One could easily spend another £20 at a 90min game.

Arsene Wenger has done really well being thrifty and keeping them in top 4 for so many years while financing the stadium. Now they are reaping the benefits of having a stable cash flow.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63764 on: September 25, 2022, 03:55:05 pm »

Wouldn’t work like that though. No way the players would be happy getting paid so little if the income is way higher and nor should they.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63765 on: September 25, 2022, 04:29:35 pm »
Wouldn’t work like that though. No way the players would be happy getting paid so little if the income is way higher and nor should they.

If no one else will pay them more then there’s not much they can do. Eventually they’ll get more but then they’ll also bring advertising, commercial revenue, and bigger tv money.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63766 on: September 25, 2022, 05:14:35 pm »
I suspect Chelsea and city (Ironically) and probably the toon will throw money at them.  (And turn a blind eye to them drinking , gambling , driving , being educated and voting)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63767 on: September 29, 2022, 12:52:27 pm »
Scottish Goon, sent you a message mate !

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63768 on: September 29, 2022, 01:12:41 pm »
Dougle and goon sitting in a tree .

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63769 on: September 29, 2022, 02:25:34 pm »
Dougle and goon sitting in a tree .

It'll be worth it !!!  ;)

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63770 on: September 30, 2022, 07:13:30 am »
It'll be worth it !!!  ;)

Replied Dougle!  :wave

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63771 on: October 1, 2022, 03:05:31 pm »
errmmm

Sack Arteta

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63772 on: October 1, 2022, 04:04:44 pm »
4 points clear, playing incredible football, in fairness we havent played anyone yet, lets see where we are after facing a top 4 team, Spurs, liverpool.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63773 on: October 1, 2022, 06:36:05 pm »
Only got a few cheap Partey shots to fire back at this point.

Ah well, someone else will get to experience the joy but ultimate frustration of trying to compete with those City pricks this season. Welcome to our world.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63774 on: October 1, 2022, 06:58:09 pm »

Ah well, someone else will get to experience the joy but ultimate frustration of trying to compete with those City pricks this season. Welcome to our world.

I'm still not even looking at City. I'm still more interested in keeping above Chelsea, Spurs & Utd. I'm not even throwing you guys into the mix yet because I still assume you'll come good.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63775 on: October 1, 2022, 07:03:52 pm »

It’s not all good is it, like having to cheer on man utd tomorrow. City go to Anfield soon as well, they never win there, if we can stay in contention till the World Cup it’ll be a nice moral victory.
Ultimately the aim was top 4, and I think we ll get that pretty comfortably.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63776 on: October 1, 2022, 07:39:25 pm »
Xhaka has been sensational for them this year, never thought I'd say such thing.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63777 on: October 1, 2022, 07:46:16 pm »
4 points clear, playing incredible football, in fairness we havent played anyone yet, lets see where we are after facing a top 4 team, Spurs, liverpool.

I'm especially looking forward to more of this before next Sunday.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63778 on: October 1, 2022, 07:48:26 pm »
Xhaka has been sensational for them this year, never thought I'd say such thing.

Not did the 80% of the Emirates crowd who used to boo him.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63779 on: October 1, 2022, 09:50:52 pm »
It’s not all good is it, like having to cheer on man utd tomorrow. City go to Anfield soon as well, they never win there, if we can stay in contention till the World Cup it’ll be a nice moral victory.

You want Utd to beat City TNB?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63780 on: October 1, 2022, 09:52:55 pm »
He's doing well. Fair play.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63781 on: October 1, 2022, 11:04:38 pm »

That should have been the case last season and you shit the bed with 10 to go.

Artetas post match interview RE Partey is fucking shameful by the way.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #63782 on: October 1, 2022, 11:07:09 pm »

You never lost it!
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63783 on: October 1, 2022, 11:53:47 pm »
You want Utd to beat City TNB?

Yes 100%.

If we were 4th now I’d want city to beat everyone around us, but right now the competition is with city for first place so let’s have it.

We are playing great football by the way, it’s not like we are lucky to be top, like for example I have no idea how Spurs are 3rd. Hopeless team.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #63784 on: October 1, 2022, 11:56:08 pm »
Yes 100%.

If we were 4th now I’d want city to beat everyone around us, but right now the competition is with city for first place so let’s have it.

We are playing great football by the way, it’s not like we are lucky to be top, like for example I have no idea how Spurs are 3rd. Hopeless team.
It is of course utterly unprecedented for a team to rack up a great winning streak with an easy fixture list while still losing their only hard game so far

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63785 on: October 1, 2022, 11:56:20 pm »
That should have been the case last season and you shit the bed with 10 to go.

Artetas post match interview RE Partey is fucking shameful by the way.

You can’t compare this season’s team/squad to last season, Artetas signings have been exceptional and his young players have kicked on again, Saka is a demon winger now, physical strength creativity, Martinelli improved ten folds by linking up with Jesus etc etc.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #63786 on: October 1, 2022, 11:57:59 pm »
Arteta's done really well though to be fair, they look very together as a team. It seems it was a terrible decision to loan out Saliba last season, probably could have contributed considering his form abroad and now. Very good consistent top 4 side in the making. Don't think they'll ever win the title as its just too big an ask for their recruitment to get it all right. But he has done very well.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63787 on: October 2, 2022, 12:01:40 am »
Not did the 80% of the Emirates crowd who used to boo him.

Yeh, Xhaka has been exceptional, credit to him, and credit to Arteta. No one saw him as an attacking creative midfielder who can intercept the ball . He’s always been seen as a defensive midfielder who had a decent shot on him, and in that role he was slow and hopeless. Arteta has turned him into a number 8 later in his career and he is flying. He’s got so much right Arteta any other manager would get lauded for it, not that he cares, or Arsenal fans, the one that saw the plan and the process taking shape back when Aubameyang and Ozil were in their 30s making half a million a week jogging around the park, even then he “should’ve handled them better”.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63788 on: October 2, 2022, 12:06:41 am »
Arteta's done really well though to be fair, they look very together as a team. It seems it was a terrible decision to loan out Saliba last season, probably could have contributed considering his form abroad and now. Very good consistent top 4 side in the making. Don't think they'll ever win the title as its just too big an ask for their recruitment to get it all right. But he has done very well.

No easy games, look at what Brighton are doing, what brentford did to you , Villa and Newcastle to city, United to us , all on paper piss easy games gone wrong, only thing that matter is the table , now stop being midtable and get something tomorrow. If you can’t get something at least smash that robot to pieces.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 12:08:26 am by The North Bank »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63789 on: October 2, 2022, 12:18:24 am »
I'm still not even looking at City. I'm still more interested in keeping above Chelsea, Spurs & Utd. I'm not even throwing you guys into the mix yet because I still assume you'll come good.

Was a bit gutted jammy Chelsea won it at the end today, but you can’t have everything. We are already 8 points above 5th place, as our main target.
Not being in CL will also definitely help us, I expect a shadow team again for us in midweek whereas 3 of the others have their biggest games of the season coming up in midweek (I got a feeling Spurs and Chelsea will be joining us in EL).

Onto liverpool next weekend, obviously the toughest game this season, we always beat Spurs, one away win in their last 30 games against us, granted today the chasm in quality was a throwback to the heydays of wenger, but Liverpool are the ultimate test, and I can’t wait.,

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63790 on: October 2, 2022, 12:21:52 am »
He's doing well. Fair play.

Thanks, some people did doubt me, but I never stopped believing in myself.

Oh you meant xhaka, ....he’s ok too I suppose.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #63791 on: October 2, 2022, 12:23:16 am »
Was a bit gutted jammy Chelsea won it at the end today, but you can’t have everything. We are already 8 points above 5th place, as our main target.
Not being in CL will also definitely help us, I expect a shadow team again for us in midweek whereas 3 of the others have their biggest games of the season coming up in midweek (I got a feeling Spurs and Chelsea will be joining us in EL).

Onto liverpool next weekend, obviously the toughest game this season, we always beat Spurs, one away win in their last 30 games against us, granted today the chasm in quality was a throwback to the heydays of wenger, but Liverpool are the ultimate test, and I can’t wait.,
You've gotta pull the tongue out a bit mate its alright to say they're doing bad at the moment

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63792 on: October 2, 2022, 12:31:23 am »
You've gotta pull the tongue out a bit mate its alright to say they're doing bad at the moment

Its Liverpool , who else have we played that’s in their class. I know they’re having a nightmare by their standards right now, but look at their players and manager. It’s a game that could go wrong for us, we’ve won every home game and dominated every game we’ve played this season , so I’m very excited about it, but not confident we’d win , I don’t think a draw would be a bad result, but when city are chasing you a draw probably means they take top spot, relying on Ten hags bus parkers tomorrow is desperate, but it’s all I got.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63793 on: October 2, 2022, 01:22:38 am »
Arsenal look different this season to me. They have added some steel to their game. It will be a surprise if they don’t finish top four. I can’t see past Man City - the cheating bastards, for champions again.

On our end we will have to come good to finish top four. Still miles of time left, but with each passing game when we drop points, it gets harder.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63794 on: October 2, 2022, 04:42:50 am »
Felt a bit for Jesus. The team spoiled his Henry vs Spurs celebration.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63795 on: October 2, 2022, 10:13:52 am »

First world problems eh? Spare a thought for those of us going through real problems :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63796 on: October 2, 2022, 10:31:24 am »

If he wants to celebrate like henry then he needs to run the length of the field and go past every spurs defender before scoring. Id take his 1 yard tap in but not worthy of an henry celebration.

Reminds me a lot of Alexis Sanchez does jesus, same style of play, same non stop energy and work rate, Alexis at his peak that is. Underrated player in Arsenals recent history. Only advantage Jesus has over Alexis is that he can play in Alexis position but Alexis couldn’t play in his.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 10:39:52 am by The North Bank »

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63797 on: October 2, 2022, 10:39:21 am »
Becoming a bit more than a good start now eh.....

Ah well, it's nice enough to see Arsenal doing ok.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63798 on: October 2, 2022, 10:41:49 am »
Becoming a bit more than a good start now eh.....

Ah well, it's nice enough to see Arsenal doing ok.

If before the start of the season you said that when Arsenal play Liverpool it would be 1st against 9th no one would’ve batted an eye lid.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63799 on: October 2, 2022, 10:44:13 am »
If before the start of the season you said that when Arsenal play Liverpool it would be 1st against 9th no one would’ve batted an eye lid.
;D

It’s on oft quoted piss take on the Everton thread in here about the first ten games don’t count.

Well you are our eleventh game.