Author Topic: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)  (Read 496946 times)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Will this lead to increased capacity?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Will this lead to increased capacity?

No mate. And hopefully it never will.

1 seat = 1 'safe standing' space.

Especially for stands like the Kop where they are not exactly the most spacious of places as it is (how's your shins, or knees, or ability to get past someone to get to their seat/allocated space every few minutes etc ;))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:11:03 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Would like to see this in the lower ARE.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

You're going to be thrilled when you read the news today.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.

1 seat = 1 'safe standing' space.

Especially for stands like the Kop where they are not exactly the most spacious of places as it is (how's your shins, or knees, or ability to get past someone to get to their seat/allocated space every few minutes etc ;))

Ahh makes sense
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan

where have you been for the last two seasons?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
where have you been for the last two seasons?

Safe standing I mean, not rail seating. As in allowing people to stand as opposed to having to sit despite the rails.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline The_Rebel

• Kopite
row 14 in the Kop my ST seat so just make it! another year to wait though before i can have a rest and lean on the rails ha!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains"

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
Safe standing I mean, not rail seating. As in allowing people to stand as opposed to having to sit despite the rails.
thought everyone stood in the ARE already? Certainly looks like that from the KOP and away fans don’t sit do they?
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
thought everyone stood in the ARE already? Certainly looks like that from the KOP and away fans don’t sit do they?

126 and 127 still sat for most games last season from my view on The Kop.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another reason to make the whole Lower Annie into home only.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Another reason to make the whole Lower Annie into home only.

Isn't a vast majority of the new Annie upper going to be hospitality?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan

I'm hoping one day we'll have proper terracing again, like Dortmund.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
I'm hoping one day we'll have proper terracing again, like Dortmund.

Not for me thanks, mate. I don't like seeing fences at football grounds.

« Last Edit: July 7, 2023, 05:55:53 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1691827159298650555

#LFC has been granted a Safe Standing Licence for the 2023-24 season following an application to the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA) earlier this year.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
Glad to hear. Any idea if it’s related to the upper half of the Kop, or the whole ground?

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Glad to hear. Any idea if it’s related to the upper half of the Kop, or the whole ground?

Upper Kop, lower anny.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1897 on: September 6, 2023, 03:15:40 pm »
Last bit is not entirely true. The distance front to back for each step on the Kop is just over 560mm and the angle of the stand is about 25 degrees. The distance required for standing on a terrace is 280mm (for existing stands) and the maximum angle is also 25 degrees. So an extra step introduced in between each step would be 280mm and 25 degrees (or a step height of about 135mm) - theoretically good to go for standing terraces in the UK (currently lower divisions only).

Just to go back to this, I've never really paid attention before, but I noticed there is already a half step on the steps in the Kop, so I asked my lad to stand in front of me and I stood on the step - no way would I want to I want to be stood like that for a game anymore, he's almost 6ft 1 and I'm 5 11, all I could see was the back of his head - you put up with that in the days of the old standing Kop, you wouldn't now. I've put a bit of weight on recently, some is to do with hitting the gym, some with being a greedy get on holiday and when stood in my seat and people want to get out, I'm having to push right back into the rail and my seat to let them past - my lads are quite slim and people are having to squeeze past them to, so there is no way the additional step would be allowed as you'd be squashed against each other

Also noticed a few people were getting ejected for standing on the steps around rows 60 and back - this has been an issue for ages where people move up there from their seats. Stewards said its to do with the council and the safe standing licence, they're being really strict on it.
Jurgen YNWA