Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2793393 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - Who Cares?
« Reply #320 on: February 9, 2020, 11:09:19 pm »
Man City - conspiraceh central
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #321 on: February 9, 2020, 11:10:12 pm »
Yeah I’m not a fan.

"We don't care what the snail says.."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #322 on: February 9, 2020, 11:14:47 pm »
Thread title makes this thread the internet equivalent of the bitters 'we don't care what the red shite say' shout.
I could well be wrong, but I just took it as a reference to the fact that no one now cares what they do in the league this season because we are so far ahead of them. So, more of a bigging up of our own achievement this season than anything else.

To be honest, I don't even bother to check when they are playing now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 10, 2020, 12:07:44 am »
Considering the number of posts in this new thread, the title just looks shite since it clearly isn't true and I'll repeat my call for it to be Abu Dhabi PR FC General Topic.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #324 on: February 10, 2020, 12:14:27 am »
In that Hodgson season, Liverpool finished 22 points behind the champions.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2020, 12:15:48 am »
They're nothing like that, they amount to fuck all on the world stage. Pep's name was the main attraction for getting him to gain some sort of indirect connection to big club status, by 'getting' a Barcelona manager. They'll be after Messi to gain some more connection with 'the big clubs' they are and will forever be, just a medium sized club from the north of England and simply put, just like Everton here, a club will never get out of the shadow of its city rivals. A brand they ain't, a wonna be - they are.

A branding exercise then?

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2020, 01:28:26 am »
It really should be either:

Abu Dhabi Public Relations Club

Or

Meh City

Abu Dhabi Oil funded money laundering sportswashing FC?
Klopp that!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2020, 01:45:01 am »
Bus Wankers FC
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2020, 01:57:40 am »

Love it  :)

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2020, 02:20:58 am »

Wow.

Online stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:15 am »
? Only because Kenny came in for the 2nd half of that season and turned things around. Would have been a much bigger gap if that twat owl had remained. 
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2020, 06:28:00 am »
? Only because Kenny came in for the 2nd half of that season and turned things around. Would have been a much bigger gap if that twat owl had remained.

We did him a favour by giving him the bullet mid season.  Would have no hair left if he stayed on with all his head scratching.
Klopp that!

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2020, 08:53:29 am »

Details. After 26 games we were 16 points off the pace...

Hodgson was closer to Ferguson than Guardiola is to us.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2020, 09:31:28 am »
Just read that.

Maybe a bit of luck will close the 22 point gap next season?
"Close" is prolly not the word here, since I'm sure we all know by now that luck is usually responsible for about ~10 pts to the league winner throughout a season.

But yeah- it will only "reduce" the gap- they'll still be 12 behind. ;)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2020, 09:33:00 am »
They should change their name to Manchester Pity. The amount of whinging is hitting Bitter levels. I've never been on Blue Loon and never want to but even meeting real life City fans is painful these days. They used to be easy going and up for a chat, now it's bitterness and LiVARpool nonsense. When did they turn into the live version of internet trolls?
:lmao
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2020, 09:37:13 am »
We did him a favour by giving him the bullet mid season.  Would have no hair left if he stayed on with all his head scratching.
Yeah, I can also remember Henry/Werner were quite generous with the Owl, despite pressure from both the fans and even the media. They gave him ample time to try and turn it around and it culminated in that lowest of the low performance. Torn to pieces by fecking Blackburn...

He was compensated well enough I would imagine.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:39:49 am by the_red_pill »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #336 on: February 10, 2020, 09:46:03 am »
'Bernardo: PL campaign a huge disappointment'

There, fixed for you ;)

I'm extremely happy if the players actually believe all of this, and go into next season with the same mindset - they will most likely fail again and then they'll be left scratching their heads wondering why.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #337 on: February 10, 2020, 09:59:03 am »
Man City Chat - Second comes right after first!

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2020, 10:44:33 am »
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2020, 10:55:54 am »
In that Hodgson half  season,  Liverpool finished 22 points behind the champions.

;D

Didn't we finish 6th that season? Sixth this year could be pushing 50 points behind!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2020, 02:41:20 pm »
Considering the number of posts in this new thread, the title just looks shite since it clearly isn't true and I'll repeat my call for it to be Abu Dhabi PR FC General Topic.

Dis^

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2020, 02:48:30 pm »

Yeah does remind me of ‘we don’t care what the red side say’. Although contradictory is so catchy  ;D gonna be stuck in my head for hours now.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2020, 04:26:24 pm »
Well, the answer is 'us' in that case. It's an internet forum. It's inherently embarrassing that we're on here.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 10, 2020, 04:44:08 pm »
Well, the answer is 'us' in that case. It's an internet forum. It's inherently embarrassing that we're on here.
I think it'll do everyone a world of good to admit that as they've been our competition for years now it's understandable to spend more time discussing them despite not inherently being our rivals. Yes, we care about them because it directly impacts our club. The existence of the financially doped City is why we're winning number 19 instead of number 21 this season.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 10, 2020, 05:01:26 pm »

What my wife keeps telling me and she's 100% right  ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #345 on: February 10, 2020, 05:43:23 pm »

The Trampy Family that won the Lottery. Royston.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: February 10, 2020, 07:05:56 pm »
Yeah we're basically compulsive Channel 5 viewers Chops.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #347 on: February 10, 2020, 07:39:24 pm »
Details. After 26 games we were 16 points off the pace...

Hodgson was closer to Ferguson than Guardiola is to us.
Details ? - Hodgson coached 20 league games.... and got 25 points.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 10, 2020, 07:56:43 pm »

Funny you posted this, wasn't the Snail posthumously given the name Gary?  Been a long while since he was assassinated so I can't be sure.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 10, 2020, 08:00:19 pm »
Details ? - Hodgson coached 20 league games.... and got 25 points.

And was 16 points behind the leaders. After 20 games Leicester were 16 points behind us, City 17. Pep is performing at a Hodgson level relative to us.

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2020, 08:10:46 pm »
Yeah, I can also remember Henry/Werner were quite generous with the Owl,

He was compensated well enough I would imagine.

Meh, he was given the perch off the cuckoo clock from that lot down the road - way more than he deserved an' all.  Tell me it isn't so - when was the last time anyone saw the clock with its perch intact?

Thing is he was dead chuffed with his perch, gave him a real sense of pride in the job he'd done.  Not the Utopian days of his time with Haribo and Neuchatel Xamax but as good as any draw he'd managed with Liverpool.  So satisfactory it warranted a good old scratch of the crack and a sniff.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2020, 08:16:49 pm »
And was 16 points behind the leaders. After 20 games Leicester were 16 points behind us, City 17. Pep is performing at a Hodgson level relative to us.

Ouch. Pep = hodgson

At least his methods have translated then
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2020, 11:19:13 pm »
Ouch. Pep = hodgson

Owl = Bald eagle?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2020, 01:48:42 am »
This won't make them happy at all

Row brewing over Liverpool and Manchester United's involvement in Premier League chief executive search

Rivals of the two most successful teams in English football are concerned they had an 'unofficial veto' during recruitment process

Premier League rivals of Liverpool and Manchester United are understood to be concerned by claims the two clubs had an "unofficial veto" of the recruitment process for the top tier's new chief executive.

Executives at runaway league leaders Liverpool and United were kept in close contact during the process that eventually led to Richard Masters being hired, the New York Times reports.

The club are said to deny suggestions they had "unilateral power to decline a candidate", but it is claimed at least one of the frontrunners for the job, Dave Howe of NBC Universal, was introduced to both Liverpool's Tom Werner and Ed Woodward of Manchester United.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/10/row-brewing-liverpool-manchester-uniteds-involvement-premier/

From the NYT article

(Dave) Howe impressed the nominating committee — then made up of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea; Burnley’s chief executive, Mike Garlick; and Leicester City’s chief executive, Susan Whelan — and was told the job was his. Presented with details of the financial package he could expect, terms he was said to have found agreeable, there was just one final hoop to jump through: an informal meeting with representatives from Liverpool and Manchester United.

Howe met with Liverpool’s Werner and Ed Woodward, Manchester United’s executive vice chairman, and another Premier League executive in May. They discussed his vision for the future of the league, and what he saw as its most pressing challenges. Howe told associates that the meeting went well. Liverpool’s feedback to Buck, the head of the nominating committee, was positive.

Soon after, though, the headhunting firm working on the search, Spencer Stuart, was told to inform Howe that the Premier League would be looking elsewhere. No specific explanation for the change of course was offered — Howe, like Dinnage, has made no public comment — and Spencer Stuart was later replaced by another search firm.

To those tracking the search, though, it appeared that Liverpool and United had been offered an unofficial veto on the nominating committee’s choice. That is not how either Liverpool or United saw it: Executives at both insisted they did not believe they had unilateral power to decline a candidate.

The special treatment dispensed to Liverpool and United, though, did not go unnoticed by other teams. Though the Big Six clubs are rivals on the field, they often act in concert off it, sometimes meeting privately to discuss strategy related to board proposals or rules changes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/sports/soccer/premier-league-ceo.html?searchResultPosition=1
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2020, 03:29:58 am »

Row brewing over Liverpool and Manchester United's involvement in Premier League chief executive search

Rivals of the two most successful teams in English football are concerned they had an 'unofficial veto' during recruitment process

Premier League rivals of Liverpool and Manchester United are understood to be concerned by claims the two clubs had an "unofficial veto" of the recruitment process for the top tier's new chief executive.

Executives at runaway league leaders Liverpool and United were kept in close contact during the process that eventually led to Richard Masters being hired, the New York Times reports.

The club are said to deny suggestions they had "unilateral power to decline a candidate", but it is claimed at least one of the frontrunners for the job, Dave Howe of NBC Universal, was introduced to both Liverpool's Tom Werner and Ed Woodward of Manchester United.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/10/row-brewing-liverpool-manchester-uniteds-involvement-premier/

From the NYT article

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/sports/soccer/premier-league-ceo.html?searchResultPosition=1
[emoji3]

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2020, 05:01:57 am »

From the NYT article

Oh this will be delicious.   They are already convinced we are working with the Mancs (lol) to make sure they don't win the league and increase its commercial value.
Klopp that!

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2020, 06:57:31 am »

Oh this will be delicious.   They are already convinced we are working with the Mancs (lol) to make sure they don't win the league and increase its commercial value.

Manchester City is not a big club. It is not an influential club. It is not a very important club.

It is owned the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates so it is a rich club.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2020, 09:16:16 am »
Manchester City is not a big club. It is not an influential club. It is not a very important club.

It is owned the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates so it is a rich club.

Money can buy you influencers, but not necessarily influence ;)
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2020, 09:22:55 am »
Money can't buy you love

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2020, 09:25:02 am »
As by far the two biggest clubs in the league I can see why we were asked to meet with any potential candidate.

I can also see why little City were not.