Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3280158 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #19840 on: September 24, 2021, 09:52:30 am »
I wonder if the same people writing Sancho off already where the same ones writing Havertz off after 5 minutes last season.

You’d think we would realise now some players take time, seen it often enough at Liverpool as well recently, plus some players need better managers than Lampard and Solskjaer as their first managers in this league.
Is it common sense Friday?
Aka wrong thread DG
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19841 on: September 24, 2021, 10:33:01 am »
Surely they need some more sex cases though? it's the united way after all

To be fair they have signed he who fannies about and dives around and Giggs has been seen in the stands so they are holding up their traditions.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19842 on: September 24, 2021, 10:36:07 am »

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19843 on: September 24, 2021, 10:36:47 am »
Makes me feel old that people making that sort of comment must not have seen Fowler actually play.

I know.
I'm not saying Greenwood isn't a very good player but Fowler is one of the best strikers I've seen.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19844 on: September 24, 2021, 10:44:23 am »
Haha you couldn't make it up.

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1440754071342751751?s=19

Like seriously this man is allegedly a journalist….seriously!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19845 on: September 24, 2021, 10:44:59 am »

Published author and journalist who doesn't seem to know how to spell "stretchered". Unless he really wants one of their players to be stretched that much.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19846 on: September 24, 2021, 10:49:50 am »
Makes me feel old that people making that sort of comment must not have seen Fowler actually play.

Chalk and cheese. Greenwood looks good, it’s early days but.., Fowler took the league by storm pretty much starting by scoring 5 against Fulham in his second outing. By the end of his first full season he was world class. Jaw dropping stuff.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:59:50 am by red1977 »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19847 on: September 24, 2021, 10:57:14 am »
Leon Bailey out injured, so that's three games in a row the opponent's in-form attacker has dropped out. Kissed on the dick, this mob.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19848 on: September 24, 2021, 11:04:09 am »
Is it common sense Friday?
Aka wrong thread DG

;D

I should know better!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19849 on: September 24, 2021, 11:07:38 am »
Three penalties in their last three games against Villa, including one for Pogba tripping himself up and one for Fernandes fouling the Villa defender. They haven't had one yet this season.

Easy money.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19850 on: September 24, 2021, 11:11:12 am »
Three penalties in their last three games against Villa, including one for Pogba tripping himself up and one for Fernandes fouling the Villa defender. They haven't had one yet this season.

Easy money.

That was the Pogba telling Shaw to dive game too wasn't it? The Fernandes one was perhaps the worst decision since Malouda Finnan all those years ago.

Mark Noble the other day on Lingard "He dived and I told him off for screaming for it, funnily enough he didn't do that when he was at our place"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19851 on: September 24, 2021, 11:25:14 am »

Besides the Fernandes drop ball issue which should have warranted a yellow card you have Matic getting away with this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uBzuV8HGkZM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uBzuV8HGkZM</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline bidgeir

• Nobody knows until all of a sudden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #19852 on: September 24, 2021, 11:50:13 am »
Besides the Fernandes drop ball issue which should have warranted a yellow card you have Matic getting away with this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uBzuV8HGkZM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uBzuV8HGkZM</a>

How is that no a retrospective red card?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19853 on: September 24, 2021, 11:54:12 am »
Aw there was a beezer Utd fan on Five Live earlier, I want to see more of the same like this fella. Oleh needs time and backing, these were his reasons (that I can remember, there were more)

1. He "awoken" Utd because they were sleeping when he came in. F**k all trophies is awake for them now ?
2. The Squad is far better than ours
3. Fair do's out team is better, but their squad is.
4. Take out our full backs and we're nothing As Milan showed. Yes Milan, in the game last week, that we destroyed them.
5. The full backs are the only players we have who would get in their team
6. Oleh took them to second last season, miles ahead of us and Chelsea. Chelsea who got lucky winning the CL
7. If Maguire was fit end of the season they may have went close. Completely failed to see the irony there between point 6 and 7

Phil I think he was called if I remember, he was class. Keep it up Phil. We love you

You never go Full Everton.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #19854 on: September 24, 2021, 11:57:59 am »
Sancho is a good player, but some guys (no matter how much they claim to the contrary) lose focus and more importantly hunger when they sign that big money contract. Whats he earning like 300k per week? Not every player has the drive to be the best that the likes of Ronaldo/Suarez has. Some relax in the security of getting top level money for the next 5 years.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19855 on: September 24, 2021, 12:08:36 pm »
I wonder if the same people writing Sancho off already where the same ones writing Havertz off after 5 minutes last season.

You’d think we would realise now some players take time, seen it often enough at Liverpool as well recently, plus some players need better managers than Lampard and Solskjaer as their first managers in this league.

I mean.....Havertz hasn't exactly been particularly good either, has he? I know he scored in the CL Final, and against us. But he's been pretty underwhelming I'd say. Its definitely not a 'quality of league' issue because some of the PLs best players moved directly from there, but the big money signings that have moved from the Bundesliga recently have all struggled far more than anyone expected (and continue to do so). Sancho is far, far too early to write off but I did always think he was quite strongly over-hyped over the summer and its not a massive surprise to me that he's not doing much so far (although again clearly more to do with his managers 'tactics' and players around him than anything else)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19856 on: September 24, 2021, 12:28:24 pm »

This isn't a serious thread. It's a 'ho ho ho' poking fun thread. We don't that sort of considered comment in here, thank you very much!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19857 on: September 24, 2021, 12:36:37 pm »
It's early to start calling Sancho a waste of money...but Old Trafford has been a player graveyard over the past decade. Horrendous track record with genuine talent.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19858 on: September 24, 2021, 01:21:57 pm »
Has a game ever been moved from 3pm for a Champions League game before?

Not sure why their game has been moved to 1230 when they aren't playing till Wednesday.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19859 on: September 24, 2021, 01:23:13 pm »
Has a game ever been moved from 3pm for a Champions League game before?

Not sure why their game has been moved to 1230 when they aren't playing till Wednesday.

Because of a concert at the Old Trafford cricket ground. Absolutely tinpot.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19860 on: September 24, 2021, 01:46:53 pm »
Solskjaer crying about Kloppo in the press conference today :lmao

"We just have to hope we get what we deserve, we should have had three pens in the last two games, there was a certain manager who worried about us getting pens last year and after that the decisions were difficult to give, I've seen a big difference since then on. Leave it to the refs and make the right calls very soon."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19861 on: September 24, 2021, 01:50:07 pm »

"We just have to hope we get what we deserve, we should have had three pens in the last two games, there was a certain manager who worried about us getting pens last year and after that the decisions were difficult to give, I've seen a big difference since then on. Leave it to the refs and make the right calls very soon."

Awww, poor Ole.  :lmao
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #19862 on: September 24, 2021, 01:59:47 pm »
He’s so weird.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #19863 on: September 24, 2021, 02:03:34 pm »
Leave it to the refs and make the right calls very soon."

Well, they are.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19864 on: September 24, 2021, 02:04:05 pm »
Fuck off Oleh, you crying, moaning, whingeing, goblin-faced gobshite.  :tosser

What do they put in the water in Manchester? The crying from Disneyland and the Emptyhad these days is epic.

Edit: I did once take a piss in the reservoir that serves Manchester up in the Lake District. Maybe that accounts for their sour grumblings. 😀

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #19865 on: September 24, 2021, 02:04:35 pm »
More from Ole: The Manchester United manager was asked about the series of penalty-kicks he feels his side has been denied and bizarrely managed to blame Jurgen Klopp for the reluctance of referees to give Manchester United spot-kicks. The Liverpool manager claimed last season that Manchester United were getting more penalties than Liverpool.

“I don’t know,” he said, his tinfoil hat twinkling under the bright lights. “But there was a certain manager last year who was starting to worry about us getting penalties and after that, it seems like the decisions are more difficult to give. Surely I’ve seen a big, big difference since then on. But we just have to leave it up to the refs and hope that they will make the right calls very soon.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/sep/24/premier-league-team-news-chelsea-v-manchester-city-buildup-and-more-live
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #19866 on: September 24, 2021, 02:07:41 pm »
Bruno Fernandes is the GOAT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/pufpfv/guess_they_were_right/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Just thought I ma gonna leave this here. Unprovoked, I know.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19867 on: September 24, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
He's moaning because refs have grown something of a backbone and are making the correct calls more often now on Manc dives.

Publicly moaning in the hope that refs will now give them a run of absurd penalties once more.

Pathetic manager of an increasingly pathetic and desperate club.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19868 on: September 24, 2021, 02:17:37 pm »
Klopp made the comments in January.

Since then:

United 5 pens
Liverpool 2 pens

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19869 on: September 24, 2021, 02:20:27 pm »
He's moaning because refs have grown something of a backbone and are making the correct calls more often now on Manc dives.

Publicly moaning in the hope that refs will now give them a run of absurd penalties once more.

Pathetic manager of an increasingly pathetic and desperate club.

"Surely I’ve seen a big, big difference since then on" .... what he fails to understand is that all that happened was that instead of getting ANYTHING that looked like a penalty - refs are just giving them a normal amount lately. So when your game plan hinges on 1 penalty / goal a game - then yes you have an issue.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19870 on: September 24, 2021, 02:22:04 pm »
I mean it's not as if Klopp did anything different to what Ferguson did for the best part of 30 years.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19871 on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:41 pm »

;D God forbid they go a couple of weeks without a penalty being given for their diving. The most blatant penalty in any of their games was Wan Bissaka absolutely mauling a West Ham player in the area, naturally a free kick was given to the Mancs.

Has Matic been banned yet for kneeing someone in the bollocks? Not that a ban now will be much use to West Ham though lucky for them no harm was done with the result.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19872 on: September 24, 2021, 02:24:01 pm »
Klopp made the comments in January.

Since then:

United 5 pens
Liverpool 2 pens
They are ridiculous. They are just getting more penalties now rather than sit loads more. Poor them.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19873 on: September 24, 2021, 02:24:44 pm »
I love Juergen. In Solksjaer’s head .

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19874 on: September 24, 2021, 02:44:02 pm »
Bruno Fernandes is the GOAT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/memes/comments/pufpfv/guess_they_were_right/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Just thought I ma gonna leave this here. Unprovoked, I know.
I know it's irrelevant to real world football, but he's ranked 88 in the new FIFA game, the same rating as Erling Haaland and one point below Salah, overeating their players even extends in to game media too.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19875 on: September 24, 2021, 02:44:05 pm »
More from Ole: The Manchester United manager was asked about the series of penalty-kicks he feels his side has been denied and bizarrely managed to blame Jurgen Klopp for the reluctance of referees to give Manchester United spot-kicks. The Liverpool manager claimed last season that Manchester United were getting more penalties than Liverpool.

“I don’t know,” he said, his tinfoil hat twinkling under the bright lights. “But there was a certain manager last year who was starting to worry about us getting penalties and after that, it seems like the decisions are more difficult to give. Surely I’ve seen a big, big difference since then on. But we just have to leave it up to the refs and hope that they will make the right calls very soon.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/sep/24/premier-league-team-news-chelsea-v-manchester-city-buildup-and-more-live

He's cracking up.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19876 on: September 24, 2021, 02:46:27 pm »
He's cracking up.
Be great if the media all harangued him relentlessly on TV, radio and print, you know, like they did with some other fella, name escapes me, they could call it something witty like "Oles outburst" and we can all lol ourselves into submission.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19877 on: September 24, 2021, 02:59:17 pm »

Klopp got under his skin :lmao
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19878 on: September 24, 2021, 02:59:45 pm »
For all the critism, I think the dickheads actually being smart!!

It will work, they'll start getting a large number of pens again IMO probably starting this weekend. It's funny how easy it is for narratives to be created here, Salah has been branded a diver for a long time, the running theme being 'he exaggerates and his legs stop working when he's touched' but then put another player in ideal scenarios and the mental gymnastics begin... but instead of the same lines being wheeled out it's somehow justified and 'poor little plucky united are being cheated' and suddenly the same fouls are enough for a penalty. Man U have huge influence in this country when it comes to officials and the non awarding of favourable decisions never lasts long. Imagine them not getting their own way for some time, guarantee Ferguson would suddenly pop up with something to say.

Imagine the uproar if anyone BUT Ronaldo threw themselves to the ground 3 times in the same game, screaming for penalties :lmao numerous pundits would spontaneously combust through pure rage. Solskjaer knows this will influence referees and his comments include the word 'deserve', not even hiding the entitlement
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:03:04 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19879 on: September 24, 2021, 03:08:37 pm »
Joyce:

Liverpool in the Premier League under Klopp: 225 games, 7,192 touches in the opposition's box

Man Utd in the Premier League under Solskjær: 102 games, 2,641 touches in the opposition's box

Both 32 penalties awarded each.