Author Topic: General Rugby Union Thread  (Read 601848 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: General Rugby Union Thread
« Reply #9200 on: September 15, 2022, 12:40:28 pm »
Life in the Wallabies yet. Two tries in 5 minutes.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9201 on: September 15, 2022, 12:41:42 pm »
The momentum shifts in this game are crazy

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9202 on: September 15, 2022, 12:46:15 pm »
Fuck me that’s a good try. Touch line conversion to level it up.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9203 on: September 15, 2022, 12:49:28 pm »
Aussie commentators are a touch excited

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9204 on: September 15, 2022, 12:56:39 pm »
Lucky c*nts. :lmao

Is this the ref who penalised Mignolet for holding the ball more than 6 seconds?!

Have to be somewhere at 1 and will be late now so glad something happened at the end to justify it!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 12:58:25 pm by Crosby Nick »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9205 on: September 15, 2022, 12:58:07 pm »
Mental end to the game. That ref is so bad, for both sides. Might be the first test we have won with him reffing in some time

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9206 on: September 15, 2022, 01:02:51 pm »
Mental end to the game. That ref is so bad, for both sides. Might be the first test we have won with him reffing in some time

Your prop was pretty lucky to avoid a yellow at one point.

Can’t work out who choked more there?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9207 on: September 15, 2022, 01:12:16 pm »
Your prop was pretty lucky to avoid a yellow at one point.

Can’t work out who choked more there?

I thought he would get a yellow but then I thought Swain should've seen red. Looks like Tupea's season is over because of that dickhead.

We were definitely on for the harder choke but Foley and White messing up the kick off with 40 seconds to go swings it for sure

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9208 on: September 15, 2022, 05:46:24 pm »
Oh no. Eddie Butler has died.  He died in his sleep on a charity trek in Peru.

@BBCSportWales
Former Wales rugby union captain and legendary broadcaster and commentator Eddie Butler has died at the age of 65
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9209 on: September 15, 2022, 05:59:09 pm »
Ah shit. Thought he was a little older than 65 for some reason. Sad news.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9210 on: September 15, 2022, 06:45:26 pm »
A far better broadcaster than rugby player, sad news RIP Edward
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9211 on: September 15, 2022, 06:52:25 pm »
That's sad news he was a good commentator.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #9212 on: September 15, 2022, 08:35:19 pm »
Sad news, I will miss that voice.

RIP Edward.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #9213 on: September 15, 2022, 11:29:44 pm »
loved him, best commentary, will be missed. 
dios esta buena

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9214 on: September 16, 2022, 12:06:26 am »
Lucky c*nts. :lmao

Is this the ref who penalised Mignolet for holding the ball more than 6 seconds?!

Have to be somewhere at 1 and will be late now so glad something happened at the end to justify it!

Ref trying to make up for the Rainbow Warrior incident.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #9215 on: September 16, 2022, 02:29:20 am »
R.I.P Eddie Butler

For the neutral, that was probably an exciting game of classic running rugby. For a lot of Kiwi's, we'll, myself I guess, that was incredibly frustrating to watch. Something that is missing from this current crop of All Blacks is the mental fortitude and the tactical nous of previous teams.

No way should Australia have been allowed back in to the game after being down 13-31. Previous teams would have tightened the screws. I also feel there are some players in that squad that really shouldn't be there. Good players? Yes. All Black standard? No. For me that second half was one of the worst halves I've seen from an All Black side in recent years, regardless of the final few seconds of the match to secure the win. To be fair, we were off our seats but in the context of the whole half? Bleak. We were lucky the Aussies were just as bad.

And how Darcy Swain didn't see red for intentionally almost breaking Tupea's leg? No different than when Pickford took out VVD. Disgusting act and I hope he receives a lengthy f**king ban. Anyway, despite the problems this current All Black side are facing, I'm still banking on them to absolutely demolish the Wallabies at Eden Park.

Trump's tiny hands; if you happen to read this, I'm just curious as to your opinion on the question of whether Foster is the right man for the job and whether Robertson should be given a shot?

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #9216 on: September 16, 2022, 09:23:07 am »
Shocking decision by the ref at the end there. I'm sure he can point to a rule that says he can make that decision, but he needs to show that he's done it for similiar incidents in the game (he didn't) or in previous games (maybe, but never in these circumstances). Making a unique decision like that, inside the 5m line, after already awarding the defending team a penalty, in the 79th minute of an international final is not an unbiased decision.

He had other options (stopping the clock being the obvious one) and chose the avenue that leads to a Kiwi victory seconds later. Horrible, horrible decision.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9217 on: September 16, 2022, 09:50:27 am »
Shocking decision by the ref at the end there. I'm sure he can point to a rule that says he can make that decision, but he needs to show that he's done it for similiar incidents in the game (he didn't) or in previous games (maybe, but never in these circumstances). Making a unique decision like that, inside the 5m line, after already awarding the defending team a penalty, in the 79th minute of an international final is not an unbiased decision.

He had other options (stopping the clock being the obvious one) and chose the avenue that leads to a Kiwi victory seconds later. Horrible, horrible decision.

The ref stopped the clock twice. The law is 21.4 and it states that if you don't intend to kick a penalty goal then the kick downfield/into touch must be taken "without undue delay". Foley took the piss. His own backline were screaming at him to take the kick.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9218 on: September 16, 2022, 10:04:56 am »
R.I.P Eddie Butler

For the neutral, that was probably an exciting game of classic running rugby. For a lot of Kiwi's, we'll, myself I guess, that was incredibly frustrating to watch. Something that is missing from this current crop of All Blacks is the mental fortitude and the tactical nous of previous teams.

No way should Australia have been allowed back in to the game after being down 13-31. Previous teams would have tightened the screws. I also feel there are some players in that squad that really shouldn't be there. Good players? Yes. All Black standard? No. For me that second half was one of the worst halves I've seen from an All Black side in recent years, regardless of the final few seconds of the match to secure the win. To be fair, we were off our seats but in the context of the whole half? Bleak. We were lucky the Aussies were just as bad.

And how Darcy Swain didn't see red for intentionally almost breaking Tupea's leg? No different than when Pickford took out VVD. Disgusting act and I hope he receives a lengthy f**king ban. Anyway, despite the problems this current All Black side are facing, I'm still banking on them to absolutely demolish the Wallabies at Eden Park.

Trump's tiny hands; if you happen to read this, I'm just curious as to your opinion on the question of whether Foster is the right man for the job and whether Robertson should be given a shot?

I've been against Foster's appointment from the beginning. You'll find historical posts in this thread of me bagging the fraud. My pick was Schmidt. He had clearly shown he had the ability to, initially, make a team greater than its parts and then feed through emerging talents. That is exactly what we needed. Not a choice based on succession. The status quo the NZRFU were looking to cower behind was a bunch of semi-final losers. A semi-final they lost badly. Foster then goes and picks as his captain a guy that is broken 80% of the time and the rest of the time fourth to fifth best openside in NZ. Doesn't speak to high standards.

I think Schmidt and Ryan have made improvements since coming in, the backline has been unlocked at least. But like you say, there seems a real lack of leadership on the field at times. I think the second half in the Argies loss was easily the dumbest half of footy I've seen from an AB side. I think you can contribute yesterdays collapse to the injuries we sustained.

Swain has been cited. Fingers crossed he gets a lengthy ban.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9219 on: September 16, 2022, 10:08:19 am »
Brett Igoe   @brettruganalyst

Tupaea’s injury update - ruptured medial cruciate ligament (MCL)  AND partial anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear in his left knee - misses rest of the season. 🤬😡🤬😡
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9220 on: September 16, 2022, 10:18:17 am »
Brett Igoe   @brettruganalyst

Tupaea’s injury update - ruptured medial cruciate ligament (MCL)  AND partial anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear in his left knee - misses rest of the season. 🤬😡🤬😡

:no
Fucksake. That Swain is such a dickhead. Got loads of previous too. I know they can't but his ban should match the damage he has caused.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9221 on: September 16, 2022, 11:03:28 am »
What was the incident? Took him out at a ruck?

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #9223 on: September 16, 2022, 11:41:53 am »
I've been against Foster's appointment from the beginning. You'll find historical posts in this thread of me bagging the fraud. My pick was Schmidt. He had clearly shown he had the ability to, initially, make a team greater than its parts and then feed through emerging talents. That is exactly what we needed. Not a choice based on succession. The status quo the NZRFU were looking to cower behind was a bunch of semi-final losers. A semi-final they lost badly. Foster then goes and picks as his captain a guy that is broken 80% of the time and the rest of the time fourth to fifth best openside in NZ. Doesn't speak to high standards.

I think Schmidt and Ryan have made improvements since coming in, the backline has been unlocked at least. But like you say, there seems a real lack of leadership on the field at times. I think the second half in the Argies loss was easily the dumbest half of footy I've seen from an AB side. I think you can contribute yesterdays collapse to the injuries we sustained.

Swain has been cited. Fingers crossed he gets a lengthy ban.

Yeah, I was never a fan of Foster's appointment and I'm not sure how he remained after the debacle that was last season. Almost every game since the first ever loss against Argentina I've turned into an arm rest thumper. It's becoming embarrassing. I certainly agree about the 2nd half against Argentina this season but even then I figured 10 mins in to that second half we were probably going to lose and I felt Argentina deserved to win. Good on them. I can even accept the fact we were out played by the Irish over the course of that 3 match series. They're a world class side. Even their slowing down the play and cynical time wasting is levels above ours.

I certainly agree also that the injuries and subsequent changes to personnel and positions left us a little disjointed in that 2nd half against Australia, but therein lies part of the problem. It wasn't that long ago we could make changes from the bench, or positional switches, and lose nothing. In fact, sometimes the changes would improve the overall performance of the team but to watch some of the individual decision making or the overall tactical direction leaves me shaking my head. I think Foster needs to go now and unfortunately some of the players need to follow him because we sure as shit ain't winning a World Cup with him in charge and a few of those players aren't getting us over the line.

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #9224 on: September 16, 2022, 11:52:58 am »
Ref trying to make up for the 3rd Lions test

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9227 on: September 24, 2022, 09:51:38 am »
Only watching on my phone but we’re NZ just awarded a try from a Wallbies player dotting it down? It’s obviously a really hard one to judge which is why making the decision based on the original on field decision is a joke in these situations. The ref has gone to the TMO because he’s not sure what’s happened. Don’t make whether he did or didn’t award the yet the ultimate verdict when settling in the decision.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9228 on: September 24, 2022, 10:00:52 am »
I see ITV have every game from the women's World Cup live next month.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9229 on: September 24, 2022, 09:23:20 pm »
Only watching on my phone but we’re NZ just awarded a try from a Wallbies player dotting it down? It’s obviously a really hard one to judge which is why making the decision based on the original on field decision is a joke in these situations. The ref has gone to the TMO because he’s not sure what’s happened. Don’t make whether he did or didn’t award the yet the ultimate verdict when settling in the decision.

Just watched this back and I think, somehow, Whitelock keeps a grip on the ball. It’s quite freakish

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #9230 on: October 3, 2022, 05:12:33 pm »
I barely watch Rugby but this is hilarious. What an absolute melon.  ;D

https://youtu.be/P9mTWiEOM9Q
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9231 on: October 6, 2022, 10:34:07 pm »
So Worcester Warriors have gone into administration. Players have had their contracts terminated and all non-playing staff too. What’s gone on there? Or are they just the first of many loss making clubs and is the whole thing unsustainable?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #9232 on: October 7, 2022, 08:50:16 am »
So Worcester Warriors have gone into administration. Players have had their contracts terminated and all non-playing staff too. What’s gone on there? Or are they just the first of many loss making clubs and is the whole thing unsustainable?

I don't follow rugby union but was reading about the owners and their behaviour sounds proper dodgy.

The club used to be run as one company, which owned all the club's assets. What these two have done is created a series of new companies and systematically transferred the club's assets into these companies. So the ground/car park/training base/etc.

Left most of the liabilities sat in the original company, which is where the players and other staff were employed by and which is essentially the playing entity. It's this company that has been put into insolvency, owing millions.

The two shysters who own it and have run it into the ground still own the companies that own the assets.

Creditors of the original and now insolvent company - the biggest of which is us taxpayers - won't get a penny as the insolvent company no longer has any assets.

Any prospective buyers of the club would only essentially buy the club name and RFU licence. They'd have to buy the ground, car park, training facilities, etc (or lease) from the shitbags who still own them.

This kind of practice should be illegal, but the authorities would rather target someone diddling a few hundred quid in benefits.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9233 on: October 7, 2022, 11:44:30 am »
Women's World Cup starts in the morning. Unfortunately most of the games are on ludicrously early.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9234 on: October 12, 2022, 02:41:12 pm »
Wasps going into administration.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9235 on: October 12, 2022, 02:54:31 pm »
Wasps going into administration.

Is the Premiership a house of cards that’s about to tumble? Two clubs in administration within a couple of weeks of each other and I think most of that are racking up losses.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9236 on: October 12, 2022, 03:13:39 pm »
Is the Premiership a house of cards that’s about to tumble? Two clubs in administration within a couple of weeks of each other and I think most of that are racking up losses.

The money just isn't there in the game. Apparently two other unnamed clubs are in serious trouble aswell.

It's hardly surprising when you consider that the TV deal is £140m over 3 years, split evenly between all the clubs. It's peanuts really. Wasps' troubles mainly come from the fact that they took a bond out when they moved stadium and are now struggling to repay it due to Covid.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9237 on: October 12, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »
So, how come Club Rugby Union is unable to sustain itself?

League is struggling but you would have thought Union had a stronger financial position? Both codes have a salary cap
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9238 on: October 12, 2022, 09:58:49 pm »
Officially suspended from the league. Really bad for Rugby in England that
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9239 on: October 13, 2022, 07:47:07 pm »
So, how come Club Rugby Union is unable to sustain itself?

League is struggling but you would have thought Union had a stronger financial position? Both codes have a salary cap

Covid has had an impact, but, outgoings far more than income wages in particular, a lot of shit with the owners at Worcester.

Didn't help that Wasps moved a bit [franchise FC of Rugby], first based at Sudbury next door to Wembley, then at QPR for a couple of years before moving to High Wycombe, then moved to Coventry in 2014, Wasps moved to Coventry halfway through the 14/15 season which pissed everyone off who followed them before the move..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 07:49:10 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages