Author Topic: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'  (Read 35959 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'
« Reply #1040 on: March 4, 2024, 06:54:08 pm »
Yeah you'd think our winner was Darwin punching the ball in to the net and it was ignored by the ref and VAR or something the way everyone is going on, feels like we can't win a game without there being absolutely chaos. Even when we twatted Brentford half the planet was whining at them not getting a meaningless penalty at 3-0 down (and conveniently ignored the one we should have had in the first half when the game was actually on the line)
Couldn’t agree more. It seems every time we win there’s a shitstorm about a decision that has no bearing on the result, the media push it like mad and yet again the truth is ignored.

The hypocrisy from talking heads in the media is astonishing, nothing is ever challenged, no one ever tells those making the most noise to wind their necks in. It is tiring and doesn’t reflect well on those involved.

As others have said, where’s the condemnation of their owner, of their fans. We all know what would happen if was us behaving like that.

They need tne fucking book throwing at them, and as for those utter gobshites in the crowd….

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: March 4, 2024, 07:14:56 pm »
Couldn’t agree more. It seems every time we win there’s a shitstorm about a decision that has no bearing on the result, the media push it like mad and yet again the truth is ignored.

The hypocrisy from talking heads in the media is astonishing, nothing is ever challenged, no one ever tells those making the most noise to wind their necks in. It is tiring and doesn’t reflect well on those involved.

As others have said, where’s the condemnation of their owner, of their fans. We all know what would happen if was us behaving like that.

They need tne fucking book throwing at them, and as for those utter gobshites in the crowd….

I think we need to remember that there's a lot more 'non-Liverpool' fans out there than there are Liverpool supporters. The vast majority of them hate us for no other reason that we're a highly successful, well run, club, & has a trophy room to die for. We also have a massive passionate fanbase, & when the need arises, Anfield is one of the most feared stadiums in the world that teams dread. Every negative they throw at us is simply a smokescreen for their own envy, bitterness, & jealousy. I don't get upset by their ranting & bile, it just makes my smile grow a little bit bigger.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #1042 on: March 4, 2024, 07:24:22 pm »
....... I don't get upset by their ranting & bile, it just makes my smile grow a little bit bigger.

Exactly ! ...... I couldn't agree more !
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: March 4, 2024, 10:05:02 pm »
We're OK, Arsenal have just grabbed the news cycle for the foreseeable

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1044 on: March 4, 2024, 11:26:23 pm »
Saw this morning that Simon Stone of all people was somehow providing the balance and pointing out that a) we were on the end of a similar decision in the 1st half and b) it was 2mins before the goal so far too much time had passed for it to be a key moment.

Bet you our Blue friends have been screaming even though it benefits them!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1045 on: March 5, 2024, 08:43:12 am »
Nope, flew right past him.  Just watch it back, Kelleher bumps into Konate.  We should've had a freekick for dangerous play because if Yates had got Konate, he'd have knocked his head off.
Under law 12 Yates should have been off. I can understand to some extent Tierney missing the challenge however VAR missed it despite looking at a possible penalty incident.
Yates committed a foul by jumping at an opponent “with excessive force” and recklessly endangered him which is a red card offence.
Just shows that most people don’t actually know the laws.
Had one dick on Twotter tell me you can’t give fouls when players don’t connect.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1046 on: March 5, 2024, 08:56:01 am »
Love Chris Morgan for telling them to FUCK OFF.  8)

The kid was a mascot who was sat in the official seating behind the dugout.
Those scumbags who harassed her and the lad were in the seats behind the dugout as well. Forest need to act and ban them. They must be easy to identify, there will be loads of footage and the seats will be paid for by credit card. The one with the glasses acting all tough, and the bald one with a neck like an elephant’s  back leg should be getting visits from the police.

I’ve seem one of their cave dwellers saying it was Robbo blowing them kisses that enraged them, and that therefore they had the right to attack.
I bet they had been hurling abuse at the Liverpool bench for a while, and when they lost they went feral. Robbo responded with a blown kiss? Get in the sea.
As has been said in other threads, cocaine is far too prevalent in society, I bet if the police had actually got involved and done drugs wipes on them they would have hit the jackpot. The stewards were clearly not able to control the crowd as we even had one dickhead confront Tierney.
Their owner’s actions were actually dangerous and inflammatory as they were right in front of that section of hooligans.
I hope the FA throw the book at the bastards.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: March 5, 2024, 08:58:10 am »
The kid was a mascot who was sat in the official seating behind the dugout.
Those scumbags who harassed her and the lad were in the seats behind the dugout as well. Forest need to act and ban them. They must be easy to identify, there will be loads of footage and the seats will be paid for by credit card. The one with the glasses acting all tough, and the bald one with a neck like an elephant’s back leg should be getting visits from the police.
:wellin

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1048 on: March 5, 2024, 09:04:24 am »
:wellin

I must give credit for that one to a lad called Frank who stood by us on the Kop for many years. A real character. Hated Peter Shilton with a passion.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1049 on: March 5, 2024, 09:08:10 am »
As for the controversy surrounding referee Paul Tierney and where the game should have restarted. The referee made a mistake, however once the ball was back in play it was incumbent on Forest to defend their goal regardless of the referee's decision. They had numerous opportunities to clear the danger and failed........As for former official and now Nottingham Forest analyst Mark Clattenburg, asking to see the referee after the game was an interesting request. What was he intending to do - compare career mistakes?

The voice of reason...... from a staggering unlikely source 😱😁
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: March 5, 2024, 09:40:26 am »
As for the controversy surrounding referee Paul Tierney and where the game should have restarted. The referee made a mistake, however once the ball was back in play it was incumbent on Forest to defend their goal regardless of the referee's decision. They had numerous opportunities to clear the danger and failed........As for former official and now Nottingham Forest analyst Mark Clattenburg, asking to see the referee after the game was an interesting request. What was he intending to do - compare career mistakes?

The voice of reason...... from a staggering unlikely source 😱😁
Garth?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: March 5, 2024, 09:41:27 am »

I’ve seem one of their cave dwellers saying it was Robbo blowing them kisses that enraged them, and that therefore they had the right to attack.

Well, no. They didn't really. That implies that Klopp had the right to deck the referee after the Spurs game and burn down the building doing the VAR checks. What a load of bullshit.

It's a fucking football game. There's no excuse to get violent or threatening. None.

I'd love it, just love it, if the PL docked them two points for failing to control their staff, players and fans. They deserve more than a fine.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1052 on: March 5, 2024, 10:13:33 am »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: March 5, 2024, 10:23:45 am »
https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1764600901937856571?s=20

Irony clearly lost on these neanderthals.

Love to see one of them go over the barrier and get their head smashed in by Drew. (LFC security guy from Leicester, one hard bastard!)
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1054 on: March 5, 2024, 11:18:40 am »
I know convo has moved on but what an important result!
Right at the death. Fairly (the dropball thing is ridiculous). And what a moment for Nunez

Especially as City and Arsenal did what we expected them to do....we have, with a ridiculously difficult set of circumstance managed to not drop a point since Arsenal and now move on to a massive clash with City, hopefully with a few more ready for it

Massive week ahead
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1055 on: March 5, 2024, 12:00:34 pm »
“To be fair, if he's been told it's his ball he's entitled to keep it. If we got told it was our ball I'd just play on. You'd think it's got to be something to do with the rules, but we should have defended better anyway and cleared our lines, then the goal would never have happened and we'd go away with a point.”

- Ryan 'Kung Fu' Yates

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #1056 on: March 5, 2024, 12:39:31 pm »
“To be fair, if he's been told it's his ball he's entitled to keep it. If we got told it was our ball I'd just play on. You'd think it's got to be something to do with the rules, but we should have defended better anyway and cleared our lines, then the goal would never have happened and we'd go away with a point.”

- Ryan 'Kung Fu' Yates
Fair enough.

Proper yard dog that guy though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1057 on: March 5, 2024, 12:49:47 pm »
I know convo has moved on but what an important result!
Right at the death. Fairly (the dropball thing is ridiculous). And what a moment for Nunez

Especially as City and Arsenal did what we expected them to do....we have, with a ridiculously difficult set of circumstance managed to not drop a point since Arsenal and now move on to a massive clash with City, hopefully with a few more ready for it

Massive week ahead

Yep, it's a shame such a huge moment was overshadowed by a fucking drop ball of all things. Massive win.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1058 on: March 5, 2024, 12:51:49 pm »
yep  ;D
Has Garth's wife called the doctor out for him?  :o

He must have concussion or something. 🙃
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: March 5, 2024, 01:10:29 pm »
Has Garth's wife called the doctor out for him?  :o

He must have concussion or something. 🙃

That has to be it. He picked Kweev, Virg and Mac in his team and then wrote praise for all three without going off on any tangents about how Salah is a diving shit and Klopp is a moaner and a bully.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1060 on: March 5, 2024, 01:19:46 pm »
That has to be it. He picked Kweev, Virg and Mac in his team and then wrote praise for all three without going off on any tangents about how Salah is a diving shit and Klopp is a moaner and a bully.
Scrap the concussion idea then. It sounds like aliens have body snatched Garth and replaced him with a more sensible biomechanical replica.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1061 on: March 5, 2024, 01:32:41 pm »
Even the coaching staff were at the timewasting game. There's a great spot by Neil Mellor on LFCTV's Review Show. When we re-start the game with the 'controversial' drop-ball the initial phase of play is cleared for a throw-in by a Forest player (as mentioned many times on here but seemingly conveniently forgotten by most of the press coverage). Anyway, the Forest defenders clearance crosses the halfway line and heads for the Forest technical area. Konate goes chasing after it in order to re-start the game quickly but one of the Forest coaches kicks the ball away!

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1062 on: March 5, 2024, 01:48:45 pm »
Scrap the concussion idea then. It sounds like aliens have body snatched Garth and replaced him with a more sensible biomechanical replica.

;D...there's deffo a pod in his back yard this morning

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: March 5, 2024, 02:17:21 pm »
I love how it's taken almost 3 days for people to start acknowledging that

1) Liverpool likely should have had a free kick for dangerous play

2) there were almost 2 minutes between the call and the goal - an absolute eternity

3) Forest had the ball multiple times and screwed up - one was a kick out for a throw and the most monumentalTM fuckup - dribbling out of the box

4) The were carded twice in extra time for .... time wasting. Nunez scored at 98 mins and 38 seconds (or close to it).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: March 5, 2024, 03:27:27 pm »
Enjoying the ranting of Alice the United fan. She's trying so hard to come across as angry and pissed off, but she looks like she's about to burst out laughing. Said nobody cares if City win the league because they'll only have two people turn up for the parade. She's just enjoying the meltdown from City and Arsenal fans basically. ;D

I really like her and Goldbridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSGZvd88c-E&t=207s

Ive just discovered Kelly and Wrighty do there own show, which on this showing is better than most
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxPRbpI9YjA

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1065 on: March 5, 2024, 03:41:36 pm »
Well, no. They didn't really. That implies that Klopp had the right to deck the referee after the Spurs game and burn down the building doing the VAR checks. What a load of bullshit.

It's a fucking football game. There's no excuse to get violent or threatening. None.

I'd love it, just love it, if the PL docked them two points for failing to control their staff, players and fans. They deserve more than a fine.

The number of knobheads defending them is ridiculous. Sitting in the home end through to Robbo blew a kiss at them (presumably in retaliation because they were screaming abuse about cheating)
They were in what I would consider the prime seats. Forest have to act and ban them. But seeing as their owner was waddling after the referee to complain about a drop ball, I doubt it.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: March 5, 2024, 03:56:08 pm »
wha was that other decision that went against us earlier in the season?

We scored but there was something that happened over a minute earlier and that disallowed it?
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1067 on: March 5, 2024, 03:59:22 pm »

We scored but there was something that happened over a minute earlier and that disallowed it?

During the Palace game if I remember. Can't remember what the incident was now.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: March 5, 2024, 04:10:51 pm »
Just looked it up, Palace got given a pen 1min45secs after the incident that he waved play on to.
When this become a thing in football? That what the people outraged want?

Cos i think if a lot of things can happen in 1.5 mins of footy before a goal...if its always going to be scrutinised.

Muppets
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #1069 on: March 5, 2024, 08:02:48 pm »

The Toulouse disallowed goal too. They were allowed a massively offside goal then we scored and they pulled it back for a handball that happened several phases of play earlier.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1070 on: March 6, 2024, 06:11:27 am »
Gab and Jules

Gab - 'The dropball is as bad as the Diaz disallowed goal'
https://youtu.be/YO6V-1yqoAk?si=PGHJfAo1Q7V5F0fW

I can safely say I won't watch this guy again

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: March 6, 2024, 08:28:07 am »
As if we needed further proof after Trump, Brexit, BoJo etc. of how maliciously stupid people can be

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: March 6, 2024, 08:37:38 am »
I’m hoping Forest go down. Always makes the relegation battle more interesting when you actually care who goes down. They’re a joke of a club.

The Clattenberg thing is weird. Paying a former ref to force their agenda every time they feel aggrieved about a refereeing decision? Madness

Their fat bastard of an owner storming on to the pitch. :lmao

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: March 6, 2024, 02:48:19 pm »
Gab and Jules

Gab - 'The dropball is as bad as the Diaz disallowed goal'
https://youtu.be/YO6V-1yqoAk?si=PGHJfAo1Q7V5F0fW

I can safely say I won't watch this guy again
He said it's 'like the disallowed Diaz goal', which is totally different.

Still overreacting, though.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1074 on: March 6, 2024, 02:51:49 pm »
It's still absolutely nothing like the Diaz goal. It's like the corner we didn't get in the game and even then it's less significant than that.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: March 6, 2024, 03:09:49 pm »
haha - even a brainless sky sports disciple could tear that argument to shreds:

1. A goal was disallowed after VAR failed to draw lines to verify onside. That was the entire action. Repeat - the one seemingly simple job VAR had.

2. A goal was scored 2 mins after a dropped ball (which should have been a free kick anyway) in which Forest had possession twice.

They aren't even "alike", "similar", "the same", "generally close".

The only thing they have similar is that they occurred in a football match in a PL game.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1076 on: March 6, 2024, 03:18:19 pm »
The only thing they have similar is that they occurred in a football match in a PL game.

Involving LiVARpool.

I wonder if most of the upset is just the Forest management trying to build a siege mentality.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: March 6, 2024, 06:33:32 pm »
I’m hoping Forest go down. Always makes the relegation battle more interesting when you actually care who goes down. They’re a joke of a club.

The Clattenberg thing is weird. Paying a former ref to force their agenda every time they feel aggrieved about a refereeing decision? Madness

Their fat bastard of an owner storming on to the pitch. :lmao

Same here I hope they get relegated. Wouldn't it be funny if they got beaten by Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United? And even by Everton if it would mean flushing them down the drain. Horrible club.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: March 6, 2024, 07:13:53 pm »
haha - even a brainless sky sports disciple could tear that argument to shreds:

1. A goal was disallowed after VAR failed to draw lines to verify onside. That was the entire action. Repeat - the one seemingly simple job VAR had.

2. A goal was scored 2 mins after a dropped ball (which should have been a free kick anyway) in which Forest had possession twice.

They aren't even "alike", "similar", "the same", "generally close".

To be fair, the lines were drawn at Stockley Park but Sky didn't display them.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: March 6, 2024, 07:15:47 pm »
The incidents are nothing alike. One was a legitimate GOAL that was incorrectly not given the other was a fucking drop ball.