Author Topic: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'  (Read 35953 times)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'
« Reply #960 on: March 3, 2024, 07:13:17 pm »
That ‘role’ that Clattenburg has is dodgy as fuck. We all know it’s the old boys club who stick together, he shouldn’t be allowed to have any affiliation with any club, and if he even tried to go in and speak to Tierney in his capacity in that ‘role’, other clubs should be calling this out for what it is.

Clattenberg was refused entry to see the ref , clattenberg isn’t liked by the other refs . He was an arrogant sod when he was one ,  Disobeying referee protocols a few times like turning up at the ground of his own accord and a few other issues

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: March 3, 2024, 07:30:49 pm »
I just see it as one of those 'evens itself out' errors we've been hearing about for the last 5+ years. Just another dozen or so to go and we might actually catch up.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #962 on: March 3, 2024, 07:33:35 pm »
its absolutely wild how much attention that decision is getting. like others have said its like giving a goal kick instead of a corner, not much mention of the ref doing the same thing earlier in the game but in forests favour. match of the day was a disgrace - basically said forest were brill but missed a load of chances - sorry the stats dont back this up, we were on top all game and deserved the win, yes both teams had chances - thats normal. youd think the ref had basically thrown the ball into the net for us. odegaard handball didn't get anywhere near this attention. also we shouldve had a pen

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: March 3, 2024, 08:35:52 pm »
Pretty sure the referee has to wait until the attacking passage is dead. Madrid were still active in the attacking third.

Nope, only thing a referee has to keep playing for is a penalty. Remember Mane being through on goal and the whistle going?

Had it happen in school too, 0-0 in a cup final, our striker hit a 20 yard effort and as it flew towards goal the ref blew for full time - we had to share the trophy.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #964 on: March 3, 2024, 10:59:48 pm »
So let me get this straight, if we had a corner, the ball comes in, a forest player drops to the floor immediately with a "head injury" after a collision with one of our players, he hits the floor before the ball leaves the box, but the ball drops to one of our players, and the referee stops the game for the "injury", the ball automatically goes back to forest?

Yes providing the ref blows before the ball leaves the area or (I think) is touched by one of our players outside of the box. The law is there to get immediate medical help for somebody with a head injury but I feel it is sometimes abused.
#JFT97

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: March 3, 2024, 11:05:49 pm »
I think the biggest tell from the media being soaked in their own boiling piss the last day is listening back to the commentary; not one fucking peep of any controversy with the ball being given back, even after the game nothing mentioned. Forest and the Clatenburg c*nt made a massive meal of it and the media lapped it up.

People forget that unfortunately the media is big business and has an audience which is led by the largest supporting group in the country, Man united and lots of other who hate seeing us win. Which is why Man city are darlings in their eyes the last few years.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #966 on: March 3, 2024, 11:23:23 pm »
Yes providing the ref blows before the ball leaves the area or (I think) is touched by one of our players outside of the box. The law is there to get immediate medical help for somebody with a head injury but I feel it is sometimes abused.

It's insane, I had no idea that law existed, so all it takes for a team to release any pressure they may be under from a corner is fall over and pretend to be hurt and as long as the ball hasn't left the box they get it back, absolutely bananas 🙃

Online KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: March 3, 2024, 11:58:59 pm »
Genuinely the fuss over a mistake that happened 2 mins before a goal (and should have been an in-direct freekick to LFC anyway) is INCREDIBLE 😂

A MONUMENTAL error according to Mike Dean :lmao

More fuss for this than to that Arsenal dickhead playing basketball in the penalty area or for the Luis Diaz (no)goal.

The Diaz goal did cause a fuss. Some of our fans do have short memories. There was stupid stuff about replaying the game then social media flew into a rage about that. Then we had Webb talking about it with Owen, then the transcript...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #968 on: March 4, 2024, 01:13:41 am »
Ah, its all misdirection bullshit. Tierney gave us the ball because it was our guy got kicked in the head that he chose to ignore till he couldn't. Refs discretion not a mistake at all. Not giving a yellow card, that was the mistake.

held to forensic accounting standards freeze frame and freeze time of course. tiresome bullshit. 2 mins later Gomez brilliantly won a corner and they had to defend it and couldn't because we were very skilled in what we did about 5 times in a row. not even a related matter.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #969 on: March 4, 2024, 01:42:47 am »
The Diaz goal did cause a fuss. Some of our fans do have short memories. There was stupid stuff about replaying the game then social media flew into a rage about that. Then we had Webb talking about it with Owen, then the transcript...

Both games should be replayed. Spurs away and Forest away. Possible to get even 6 points instead of 3.

On a side note, replay United vs Wolves as well.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: March 4, 2024, 02:04:39 am »
Yeah it's a weird one.

I live away from Liverpool now, so for the first time I'm interacting with lots of English football fans from the South on a regular basis. I remember meeting one of my now-mates, nice enough lad by most accounts and an Arsenal fan (so no real beef with them, or so I thought), with a step mum from Liverpool (so it's not an anti-Scouse thing). The first time we got into footy chat, he told me "I hate your club, mate".

Likewise I know a few Newcastle fans here, one of them a good friend of mine (none of them from Newcastle, I should add). Two of them both told me, "I used to like Liverpool, but now I can't stand them". The other one (my good friend actually!) has simply never liked us.

You ask them why, and they just come up with vague fluff about decisions going our way, or our fans being intolerable, or LFC being "favoured" by the media and ex-LFC pundits etc.

I think a lot of it must be social media influenced. We certainly have our own army of social media gobshites. And generally the 24-hour clickbait style football "talking points". I think ultimately it all just seeps through. Plus of course the fact that we have been great in the Klopp era. No one likes seeing their clubs getting battered at Anfield every year.

I didn't grow up in the UK so I'm probably talking shite, but I always got the impression a lot of the hatred towards our club came from Hillsborough. The outsider's view is that British culture is very much of the "stiff upper lip" variety - if a grave injustice is done to you you just have to take it on the chin and not whinge and moan, spirit of the Blitz and all that, jolly good, tallyho and over the top we go *roar of machine-gun fire then silence*. Not taking shit from The S*n really got people's goat and they've never forgiven us even when we were proved right.

Is that unfair?

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #971 on: March 4, 2024, 06:40:39 am »
I’m Irish living in Vancouver and and was in an elevator with a neighbour and his 80 year old mother from Manchester recently and the old woman hit me a thump when her son told her I supported Liverpool, the eye on her said as much as the belt. The hatred runs deep in some folk!!  ;D
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #972 on: March 4, 2024, 06:54:34 am »
Both games should be replayed. Spurs away and Forest away. Possible to get even 6 points instead of 3.

Neither game will get replayed why you would want to with the number of games we still have to play, I'm not sure.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #973 on: March 4, 2024, 07:50:34 am »
Clark should have had a corner. We were robbed. Who knows what would have happened had we been correctly given that corner.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #974 on: March 4, 2024, 08:41:34 am »
Clark should have had a corner. We were robbed. Who knows what would have happened had we been correctly given that corner.

CHO dove to win a free kick on the halfway line. A monumental error that resulted in a turnover of possession.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: March 4, 2024, 08:48:13 am »
See I can understand the fume to some extent from Forest fans but the most audacious thing to me about them is the ones crying Konate faked the injury. Like we didn't see one of their players who had been supposedly injured walk normally as soon as he got off the pitch, and their keeper clutching his head after getting knocked into slightly from Danns.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #976 on: March 4, 2024, 09:05:14 am »
The carry-on from a drop ball a whole two minutes from the winning goal is just mental.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: March 4, 2024, 09:05:25 am »
You never notice a good referee

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #978 on: March 4, 2024, 09:58:20 am »
I understand the 'hatred' completely. We're brilliant. And we've done it all off our own bat.

Never underestimate how people genuinely detest excellence. It provokes them for some reason. They resent bought success much less. Bought success comes with its own mitigation. It's not entirely real and therefore people aren't antagonised by it (You can see this in poor people's attitude to royalty or aristocracy). But success like Liverpool's is available to everybody if you have the skill and talent and work hard. Most don't and it makes them angry. 

When we started winning stuff with kids last week the hatred went up, not down. That is very revealing.

Long may this hatred last, I say.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #979 on: March 4, 2024, 10:19:27 am »
I understand the 'hatred' completely. We're brilliant. And we've done it all off our own bat.

Never underestimate how people genuinely detest excellence. It provokes them for some reason. They resent bought success much less. Bought success comes with its own mitigation. It's not entirely real and therefore people aren't antagonised by it (You can see this in poor people's attitude to royalty or aristocracy). But success like Liverpool's is available to everybody if you have the skill and talent and work hard. Most don't and it makes them angry. 

When we started winning stuff with kids last week the hatred went up, not down. That is very revealing.

They hate our success, they fucking detest how we've been able to go about it, because they can't put it down to any kind of cheating or financial doping, and it kills them

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: March 4, 2024, 10:31:21 am »

They hate us because of our name, it brings out the c*nt in just about every other county in the country & the reason for that is because of Government lies, lies that have been peddled for a Century.

Has fuck all to do with us winning.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #981 on: March 4, 2024, 10:35:37 am »
If I was Dyche or any of the other managers in the relegation scrap, I would be kicking off asking why VAR never called Tierney to the screen for a red card decision on Yates. Clear reckless out of control high boot.
He should be sat in the stands for 3 games.
Corrupt eh?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #982 on: March 4, 2024, 10:38:03 am »

Very good point about humans in general.  Good to see RAWK doesnt just covers football tactics

:wellin :wellin

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: March 4, 2024, 10:38:45 am »

Are you taking the piss?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: March 4, 2024, 10:42:24 am »
They hate us because of our name, it brings out the c*nt in just about every other county in the country & the reason for that is because of Government lies, lies that have been peddled for a Century.

Has fuck all to do with us winning.

Exactly - the hatred has fuck all to do with football, its thieving Scousers, its because we don't care about the Royals and the dirge we're expected to sing (ITS NOT A FUCKING NATIONAL ANTHEM, ITS A SONG ABOUT ONE OVERPRIVILEDGED PERSON YOU FORELOCK TUGGING c*nts), its because we won't lie down and be pissed and shit on by the establishment and because we fucking stand up for ourselves and for others. Basically Scousers aren't c*nts and the UK, which is full of c*nts, doesn't like it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: March 4, 2024, 11:07:44 am »
Are you taking the piss?

We'd be 3pts better off  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #986 on: March 4, 2024, 11:18:42 am »

Nice post.
However, I generally don't think it's just hatred based on the feelings you've described.
E.g. if any other team has done what we've done, they wouldn't be so hated. Think of any other city/town/team in England..

It's because we're scouse and we're Liverpool.

The real test would be if Everton had our history and present day success (God forbid!).
Would they also be hated like us?

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #987 on: March 4, 2024, 11:23:23 am »
Exactly - the hatred has fuck all to do with football, its thieving Scousers, its because we don't care about the Royals and the dirge we're expected to sing (ITS NOT A FUCKING NATIONAL ANTHEM, ITS A SONG ABOUT ONE OVERPRIVILEDGED PERSON YOU FORELOCK TUGGING c*nts), its because we won't lie down and be pissed and shit on by the establishment and because we fucking stand up for ourselves and for others. Basically Scousers aren't c*nts and the UK, which is full of c*nts, doesn't like it.

Jaysus monday morning and Im all fired up for the Scousers (braveheart style).  Im Irish and have been supporting Liverpool since the early 80s loved Dalglish Whelan Hansen Souness etc. But as I got older and understood the city and the culture, the Thatcher fuck them they arent going to vote for us, booing God save the fuckin Queen i love them even more.  Love the repulican in the scousers the we arent bending over attitude.  I lived in Brighton in my 20s for 7 years, so totally get what Yorkie and Rob are saying.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #988 on: March 4, 2024, 11:30:56 am »
I think they're both true. 100% the success comes into it. 100% the bile and outrage is ramped up because of Liverpool.

Fuck em all.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #989 on: March 4, 2024, 11:49:37 am »
Who's phone did Virg grab in the celebration?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #990 on: March 4, 2024, 11:51:49 am »
Who's phone did Virg grab in the celebration?

I'd like to think that was organic but the fact that there's a Pixel tag and it's also in the top corner of the video makes it look a little sus.  Maybe an official from the club or something.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1764048040388964481
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #991 on: March 4, 2024, 12:01:57 pm »
If I was Dyche or any of the other managers in the relegation scrap, I would be kicking off asking why VAR never called Tierney to the screen for a red card decision on Yates. Clear reckless out of control high boot.
He should be sat in the stands for 3 games.
Corrupt eh?

Yea just watched Ref watch on SKY and Dermot saying the Celtic player was right to be sent off for the high foot yesterday. No difference to the Yates high foot but still no mention that we should have had a free kick never mind the dropped ball.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #992 on: March 4, 2024, 12:15:09 pm »
So let me get this straight, if we had a corner, the ball comes in, a forest player drops to the floor immediately with a "head injury" after a collision with one of our players, he hits the floor before the ball leaves the box, but the ball drops to one of our players, and the referee stops the game for the "injury", the ball automatically goes back to forest?
Depends at what point he/her decides they blew the whistle.

More to the point, the debate is acaqdemic, he should have blown for a foul and red carded the forest player for a high foot to the head.

« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 12:16:53 pm by DonkeyWan »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #993 on: March 4, 2024, 12:15:23 pm »
Yea just watched Ref watch on SKY and Dermot saying the Celtic player was right to be sent off for the high foot yesterday. No difference to the Yates high foot but still no mention that we should have had a free kick never mind the dropped ball.

They said Kelleher took out Konate, not a mention of the kick......must keep the rage going I guess.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: March 4, 2024, 12:24:57 pm »
Well, all we got was a half arsed apology from the ref after the Spuds game, so here we go. Sorry Forest, you got beat after a dodgy ref call (if it was), join the fuckin club.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: March 4, 2024, 12:44:49 pm »
Exactly. Imagine if the game ended 0-0 and afterwards John Henry runs onto the pitch to attack the ref and LFC is demanding justice from PGMOL in the media. Can you imagine the reaction? The whole thing is just laughable.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: March 4, 2024, 01:06:05 pm »

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #997 on: March 4, 2024, 01:21:42 pm »
Up the mighty piss-boiling Reds.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #998 on: March 4, 2024, 01:30:56 pm »

In a nutshell.

Fuck em
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: March 4, 2024, 01:33:16 pm »
Unfortunately now we're going to have another * beside our title win if we manage to do it this season 😁

Livarcheats!!