Author Topic: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'  (Read 35962 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'
« Reply #920 on: March 3, 2024, 12:02:13 pm »
If two Forest players hadn't have been booked for timewasting in the 93rd minute, we don't play 99 minutes, so go fuck yourselves :wave  ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #921 on: March 3, 2024, 12:03:08 pm »

My slight hope is that they'll ban Tierney from reffing our matches. ;D

Yeah said it earlier but it would be ironic if it is this that stops him being assigned to our matches ;D

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #922 on: March 3, 2024, 12:19:51 pm »
Posted this earlier in the MOTD thread, Sky have put a video up and Forest boot it out for a throw in during the gap. They've sped up the video for some reason, so watch carefully!!
 ;D ;D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13085892/referee-error-before-liverpools-winner-at-nottingham-forest-causes-controversy-as-mark-clattenburg-speaks-out

Not actually seen the whole thing back properly but it's like Van dijk tells Tierney to give the ball to kelleher, then Kelleher nicks it from Tierney. But it's almost like someone on Tierneys earpiece says give it to the keeper.

I think it's a pretty honest mistake anyway. Like a wrongly called throw in or corner. And it didn't lead directly to a goal. Can't see if Tierney is looking at Konate or where the ball is when he blows as he is out of shot and that may have impacted who he gives the ball to.

It's bizarre the amount of fuss this has generated.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #923 on: March 3, 2024, 12:24:26 pm »
'Mark Clattenburg, Forest’s referee analyst' - WTF is this?

And:

"Clattenburg added he was not allowed into the referees' dressing room to speak to Paul Tierney after the game."

Why the hell should he be? I wasn’t particularly bothered about Forest one way or the other but I sincerely hope they get relegated now.

I don't understand how Forest have been allowed to have this. Can you imagine the chaos if every club had one!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: March 3, 2024, 12:28:14 pm »
In amongst all the crying, has anyone remembered that Harvey called for Tierney to stop the game when his shot hit the Forest player in the head?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline GarciaAndNunezNunezNunez

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #925 on: March 3, 2024, 12:32:21 pm »
After the Klopp news, there were questions and suspicions that it would be unneeded added pressure on the team.

Some thought the team could even implode. Seems to have done the reverse and completely galvanized the group. When players are this good and playing at this level with the stakes so high, it usually goes one way rather than the other.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: March 3, 2024, 12:36:16 pm »
I don't understand how Forest have been allowed to have this. Can you imagine the chaos if every club had one!

And Mark sodding Clattenburg of all people too!

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #927 on: March 3, 2024, 12:39:13 pm »
Yes the ball goes out of play and then passed back to Kelleher so the ball was practically dead. It wasn't as it we have a lot of pressure directly after the incident.

The video also shows that the referee blew his whistle when the ball was outside the penalty area and with Forest so, yes, they should have been given the ball back but they had ample opportunity afterwards to defend or even mount an attack themselves. If they had scored themselves they would have said absolutely zero about it.

Does anyone have a video of the similar incident that happened when their player went down. When did the referee blow the whistle; was the ball outsdie the area and with us?

I haven't seen it back, but from memory he blew as soon at it came off the Forest players head and he went down, technically it should only be our drop if our player touches the ball before he blows which I suspect didnt have time to happen.

On another note where was the outrage in the first half when Clark lifted the ball into the box only for a Forest player to head out and Tierney give a goal kick?
He is just a shit ref, we have all been saying it for years.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #928 on: March 3, 2024, 12:42:18 pm »

I’m pretty sure Real Madrid have had one for a while, I remember reading it and thinking it’s incredibly suspect that they essentially have someone in place to liaise with officials. For me it’s a disgrace and should be removed. What’s even worse is he can come out and speak directly to the media to instantly control the narrative with outrageous bias. The media will report it a bit like they report what Peter Walton said or Dermot Gallagher on SSN, when really he’s an employee of their club bemoaning a minor detail of a minor call not going their way. It would be like writing to PGMOL because a throw in was given to the wrong side.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #929 on: March 3, 2024, 12:52:55 pm »

And:

"Clattenburg added he was not allowed into the referees' dressing room to speak to Paul Tierney after the game."

Why the hell should he be? I wasn’t particularly bothered about Forest one way or the other but I sincerely hope they get relegated now.

That ‘role’ that Clattenburg has is dodgy as fuck. We all know it’s the old boys club who stick together, he shouldn’t be allowed to have any affiliation with any club, and if he even tried to go in and speak to Tierney in his capacity in that ‘role’, other clubs should be calling this out for what it is.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: March 3, 2024, 01:05:55 pm »

And:

Maybe the referee was eating a sandwich and the PGMOL didn't want to get caught up in a huge controversy again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #931 on: March 3, 2024, 01:18:36 pm »
That ‘role’ that Clattenburg has is dodgy as fuck. We all know it’s the old boys club who stick together, he shouldn’t be allowed to have any affiliation with any club, and if he even tried to go in and speak to Tierney in his capacity in that ‘role’, other clubs should be calling this out for what it is.

Especially when you consider the Forest owner has a checkered history. He went to the referees room at half time during a Greek cup final to complain about decisions, has been named in various match fixing scandals, had an altercation with Cisse that led to him being attacked by fans and last but not least was charged with drug trafficking.

Passed the fit and proper persons test though.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 01:33:09 pm by Eeyore »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: March 3, 2024, 01:51:28 pm »
Well, I'm enjoying the amount of piss being boiled this morning. 

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: March 3, 2024, 01:59:36 pm »
I haven't seen it back, but from memory he blew as soon at it came off the Forest players head and he went down, technically it should only be our drop if our player touches the ball before he blows which I suspect didnt have time to happen.

On another note where was the outrage in the first half when Clark lifted the ball into the box only for a Forest player to head out and Tierney give a goal kick?
He is just a shit ref, we have all been saying it for years.

Yeah, he blew as one of their players was heading it out of the box so correct that it restarted with their keeper even though I think the header landed with one of ours.

The goal kick being given in the first half has as much relevance on the goal as us being given the ball back instead of Forest given the time between it and the fact they had cleared it twice, into our half for a throw in on one of them ffs.

The outrage is purely because it’s us. Liverpool bad is guaranteed interactions on social media.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #934 on: March 3, 2024, 02:00:47 pm »
Maybe the referee was eating a sandwich and the PGMOL didn't want to get caught up in a huge controversy again.
😁
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: March 3, 2024, 02:07:01 pm »
The anti scouse thing runs deep in a lot of people's psyche without them having any idea why other than the decades of media stereotyping.

The pub last night was full of pissed up dickheads having a 'laugh' singing etc to various tunes they asked Alexa to play until they got onto the typical footy type chants.

Sweet Caroline, Fat Les, Ingerland etc which was weird considering I'm in Wales.  None of them even follow football 🤷

I'd let it pass till I heard someone shout something about scousers then I stepped in, unplugged Alexa and told them to stfu from dissing anything Scouse!!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #936 on: March 3, 2024, 02:37:13 pm »
Genuinely the fuss over a mistake that happened 2 mins before a goal (and should have been an in-direct freekick to LFC anyway) is INCREDIBLE 😂

A MONUMENTAL error according to Mike Dean :lmao

More fuss for this than to that Arsenal dickhead playing basketball in the penalty area or for the Luis Diaz (no)goal.

Offline Markus_12

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #937 on: March 3, 2024, 02:41:52 pm »
The best part is the opposing fans commenting saying Konate faked a head injury and saying it was unsportsmanlike for Liverpool to not kick the ball back to Forest. Get fucked…

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #938 on: March 3, 2024, 02:44:26 pm »
It's hilarious. 😂

Forest, the media and opposition 'fans' are thoroughly embarrassing themselves while we nipped in and out of town with the three points.  :lmao

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: March 3, 2024, 02:51:02 pm »
It's hilarious. 😂

Forest, the media and opposition 'fans' are thoroughly embarrassing themselves while we nipped in and out of town with the three points.  :lmao

And no Sheriff to be seen!! 

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: March 3, 2024, 03:03:54 pm »

They will dump Clattenburg as soon as they are relegated. Complete waste of money. Given their chanting about us- they can fuck right off. Hope Luton stay up. These twats should go down.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #941 on: March 3, 2024, 03:04:57 pm »
And no Sheriff to be seen!!
Too busy getting his arse handed to him by Robin (Nunez) Hood.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #942 on: March 3, 2024, 03:06:24 pm »
Not actually seen the whole thing back properly but it's like Van dijk tells Tierney to give the ball to kelleher, then Kelleher nicks it from Tierney. But it's almost like someone on Tierneys earpiece says give it to the keeper.

I think it's a pretty honest mistake anyway. Like a wrongly called throw in or corner. And it didn't lead directly to a goal. Can't see if Tierney is looking at Konate or where the ball is when he blows as he is out of shot and that may have impacted who he gives the ball to.

It's bizarre the amount of fuss this has generated.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to Tierney. Konate went down with an obvious head injury and once the referee notices that he is hardly thinking where the ball is or who has it. The immediate concern is that the player is seriously injured and therefore every second may be important. The head injury rule is there to prevent serious complications from an injury. So what if the referee gets the dropball wrong. He did the right thing and blew and probably was not focusing n who should get the ball. Hence it is a minor mistake but the important thing that everyone is overlooking is that he was concerned about Konate. In fact we should have got a freekick and the Forest player should have got a yellow or more correctly a red card.

I thought we should have been given the ball for the incident where their player went down but if the referee blew the whistle before any of our players touched the ball outside of the box then it was the correct decision. However I would not have gone ballistic if the call was incorrect. Poor calls do happen and you have to accept them but not so much if a goal is wrongly disallowed or allowed or if a penalty is not given or given. A drop ball is not the worst of bad calls.......I'd rather have a corner than a drop ball.

It's all piss boiling over nothing. It was not a serious bad decision and certainly we didn't benefit directly from it. Forest had the ball and just had to clear it when Endo nicked it from them and we scored.
#JFT97

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #943 on: March 3, 2024, 03:10:57 pm »

Clattenberg who previously admitted in his newspaper column how terrified they all where of Ferguson and the sway he held over officials.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: March 3, 2024, 03:12:07 pm »
Watching the goal back, what the hell were the Forest players thinking trying to play it out?! One swing of the ball and Tierney would have blown right away. Though fair play to Endo for making the interception and keeping the attacking passage alive.

Crazy scenes yesterday of Real Madrid actually scoring at the death but the ref blowing the whistle just as the cross came in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjGeojLjNY

The Madrid players understandably lost the plot. Imagine if the same played out with us? The ref blowing up as soon as Mac put in his cross!

Referee is bonkers for making that call. Totally against the rules.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: March 3, 2024, 03:13:08 pm »
Watching the goal back, what the hell were the Forest players thinking trying to play it out?! One swing of the ball and Tierney would have blown right away. Fair play to Endo for making the interception and keeping the attacking passage alive.

Crazy scenes yesterday of Real Madrid actually scoring at the death but the ref blowing the whistle just as the cross came in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCjGeojLjNY

The Madrid players understandably lost the plot. Imagine if the same played out with us? The ref blowing up as soon as Mac put in his cross!

Referee is bonkers for making that call. Totally against the rules.

How is it against the rules? Corner came in, got cleared, time was then up. Whistle went before the cross was delivered.

Online Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: March 3, 2024, 03:14:09 pm »
How is it against the rules? Corner came in, got cleared, time was then up. Whistle went before the cross was delivered.

Pretty sure the referee has to wait until the attacking passage is dead. Madrid were still active in the attacking third.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: March 3, 2024, 03:15:11 pm »
Pretty sure the referee has to wait until the attacking passage is dead. Madrid were still active in the attacking third.

Doesn't have to. It's up to the ref.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #948 on: March 3, 2024, 03:31:30 pm »
Liverpool are a huge talking point.

Was there this much fuss about the Rodri handball ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #949 on: March 3, 2024, 03:32:36 pm »
You’ve never heard of the referee Clive Thomas have you :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #950 on: March 3, 2024, 03:33:43 pm »

Nope. Referee stops when time is up.

I remember Clive Thomas blowing the full time whistle in a 1978 World Cup game just a second before Brazil scored a winner in a group game (Sweden?) that was fun!

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #951 on: March 3, 2024, 03:34:24 pm »
You’ve never heard of the referee Clive Thomas have you :)

Haha beat me too it!

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: March 3, 2024, 03:46:15 pm »
Didn’t some ref blow the whistle as the ball was heading towards an empty net against Everton in one of the derbies in the 90s?

Can only imagine the level of fume if that happened today. You’d power the national grid for decades.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #953 on: March 3, 2024, 04:36:17 pm »
That role should be binned off asap cant have former refs influencing current ones with there so called "views"
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #954 on: March 3, 2024, 05:08:12 pm »
Liverpool are a huge talking point.

Was there this much fuss about the Rodri handball ?

What fuss there was was created by Lampard and Everton.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: March 3, 2024, 05:13:38 pm »

It's almost as good as the three points.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #956 on: March 3, 2024, 06:06:35 pm »
Really, giving us possession from the drop ball is like giving a goal kick instead of a corner. Yes the attacking team loses possession whilst in a good moment but that kind of thing happens all the time. Even if they were goven the ball back its not like they wouldve had the ball in our third let alone where the Hudsen Odoi had the ball.

Its simply a way to get in a dig at us. Does go to show reporters and pundits only watch the highlights, else they would pick up on all the events pf the game and provide balance, but that means more work for less clicks.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #957 on: March 3, 2024, 06:09:05 pm »
Didn’t some ref blow the whistle as the ball was heading towards an empty net against Everton in one of the derbies in the 90s?

Can only imagine the level of fume if that happened today. You’d power the national grid for decades.
Graham Poll.

Sander Westerveld hit a FK, I believe, ball hit Don Hutchinson on the back and it's rebounding towards the goal and ref blew the full time whistle. There was still about 10 seconds remaining from minimum injury time.  :D

The fewm inside Goodison was beautiful!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #958 on: March 3, 2024, 06:13:02 pm »
So let me get this straight, if we had a corner, the ball comes in, a forest player drops to the floor immediately with a "head injury" after a collision with one of our players, he hits the floor before the ball leaves the box, but the ball drops to one of our players, and the referee stops the game for the "injury", the ball automatically goes back to forest?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #959 on: March 3, 2024, 06:56:56 pm »
This stinks to me of a piss take on the part of the owner for him to be able to say "well Clattenburg agrees with me" (about any bullshit whatsoever he is paid to say). An absolute vanity appointment with zero meaning. They are though of course another sports washing club who are about to get bitten on the arse.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"