Author Topic: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'  (Read 35949 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: PL : Forest 0 v Liverpool 1 Nunez 98'
« Reply #880 on: March 3, 2024, 09:43:32 am »
As Forest did earlier on.

Exactly. It's been abused for years. Not our problem.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #881 on: March 3, 2024, 09:50:46 am »
Loved the way you reserved more venom for Jenas.

;D

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #882 on: March 3, 2024, 09:51:53 am »
Fair enough if Kelleher takes the drop ball, kicks it beyond half way directly to Nunez  who sprints away from the defenders and does the difficult thing chipping it over the advancing keeper .. But like 2 minutes later we score ... It's like saying we benefited from the game restarting at half time ... That lead to us scoring too
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: March 3, 2024, 09:53:33 am »
If that had been City instead of us scoring a goal like that against Forest, I'd bet my non-existent mortgage that it wouldn't be getting this level of dissection.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: March 3, 2024, 09:54:16 am »
This team, this club... Wouldn't want the game played any other way  ;D
Have to say the VAR-effect did spoil my celebration as well. Such a horrible system for football.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Reflexivity

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #885 on: March 3, 2024, 09:57:43 am »
The violent reaction from the Forest staff and the intimidation from their owner was disturbing.
 I though Tierney stood his ground and was supported by the presence of big Virg there.
If only there was a Ref Support group or charity that could show up and comment on this.
Wouldn't want this to get 'blown out of proportion'.

Cassidy man, where art thou?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: March 3, 2024, 10:08:38 am »
Fair enough if Kelleher takes the drop ball, kicks it beyond half way directly to Nunez  who sprints away from the defenders and does the difficult thing chipping it over the advancing keeper .. But like 2 minutes later we score ... It's like saying we benefited from the game restarting at half time ... That lead to us scoring too

Posted this earlier in the MOTD thread, Sky have put a video up and Forest boot it out for a throw in during the gap. They've sped up the video for some reason, so watch carefully!!
 ;D ;D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13085892/referee-error-before-liverpools-winner-at-nottingham-forest-causes-controversy-as-mark-clattenburg-speaks-out
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #887 on: March 3, 2024, 10:10:17 am »
If that had been City instead of us scoring a goal like that against Forest, I'd bet my non-existent mortgage that it wouldn't be getting this level of dissection.

Judging by this seasons previous examples of ‘wait until it happens elsewhere’ they will have the exact same situation today without any fuss.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: March 3, 2024, 10:11:37 am »

The only significance of this storm in a teacup about the restart is if a narrative builds before the City game that we benefitted from the error. We know how thick and easily influenced refs are and they will be desperate to avoid one going in our favour again.

It shouldn’t matter but it does so the club should make a point of drawing attention to the exact same earlier incident when Forest were given the ball back as well as the 2 minutes that elapsed between the error and our goal. This butterfly effect bollocks just enables failure and it won’t be long before teams will be moaning about incorrectly awarded throw ins affecting the game half an hour later.

Nothing will ever be as bad as the Tottenham screw job where we had a goal disallowed because two fat Mancs in a booth couldn’t speak English properly, and two red cards that were adjudicated to a totally different standard to most every other game. Club have to respond robustly when we are inevitably asked about it at press conferences.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: March 3, 2024, 10:13:07 am »
The violent reaction from the Forest staff and the intimidation from their owner was disturbing.
 I though Tierney stood his ground and was supported by the presence of big Virg there.
If only there was a Ref Support group or charity that could show up and comment on this.

It's not so long ago that that Turkish footie club owner assaulted a referee. He resigned and I think he was arrested, but his comments were unapologetic.

Who the fuck do Forest think they are?

Popcorn's Art

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: March 3, 2024, 10:13:35 am »
Also just seen that Tsimikas prevented Tierney from getting approached by a Forest fan after the goal. He should really continue doing us some favours!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Reflexivity

• Main Stander
« Reply #891 on: March 3, 2024, 10:17:36 am »
Also just seen that Tsimikas prevented Tierney from getting approached by a Forest fan after the goal. He should really continue doing us some favours!
You'll know yourself having played a bit.....always try and 'pal the ref up' if poss.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: March 3, 2024, 10:38:34 am »
You'll know yourself having played a bit.....always try and 'pal the ref up' if poss.

Yep. It's one of the reasons English players tend to get much more favourable refereeing in the PL than those nasty foreigners.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #893 on: March 3, 2024, 10:39:13 am »
Posted this earlier in the MOTD thread, Sky have put a video up and Forest boot it out for a throw in during the gap. They've sped up the video for some reason, so watch carefully!!
 ;D ;D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13085892/referee-error-before-liverpools-winner-at-nottingham-forest-causes-controversy-as-mark-clattenburg-speaks-out

The fact they sped it up proves how irrelevant it was to our goal.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Reflexivity

• Main Stander
« Reply #894 on: March 3, 2024, 10:43:32 am »
Yep. It's one of the reasons English players tend to get much more favourable refereeing in the PL than those nasty foreigners.
Yes now that Kostas is passing himself off as 'Scouser Greek'

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #895 on: March 3, 2024, 10:44:38 am »
Did Konate have a head injury because he got kicked in the head?

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: March 3, 2024, 10:47:47 am »

Exactly this has been overlooked by EVERY media outlet ive seen it is a clear free kick.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #897 on: March 3, 2024, 10:49:14 am »
Its quite something to see the level of negative reaction we are getting to that win. Jenas and Shearer on MOTD have stoked a lot of it by not providing any balance in their review, Keith Hackett has joined in blaming Tierney for an incorrect decision and obviously the paid shril Clattenberg. But there is no balance in the reporting, only our fans are mentioning the almost identical incident in the first half and the fact that Tierney missed an extremely high foot irrespective if he connects or not.

For the dropped balls, it all depends when the ref blows the whistle. I understand that the ball doesn't have to be in the penalty area for it to be given to the keeper on restart, just the last touch needs to be in the penalty area when the whistle is blown. So lets say for the first one it hits the players head and the ref blows before MacAllister gets the ball. Re-start is with the Forest keeper - correct decision if an accurate description. For the 'controversial one' Tierney looks at Konate and blows the whistle as the ball leaves the penalty area, now whether its before or after the Forest player touches the ball I have no idea, but he is clearly looking at the floored Konate as the ball leaves the area, so its reasonable to assume he has either blown his whistle (making the drop ball with the keeper the correct decision) or is about to and doesn't see the Forest player get the ball, which is a mistake, but a very minor one, certainly compared to the missed high foot.

I really struggle to understand why there is so much hatred for Liverpool, why do City escape this level of hatred given the 115 charges?

Also the Forest owner was a disgrace, he should be fined/banned for his reaction, its totally over the top.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #898 on: March 3, 2024, 10:50:36 am »

He was holding his face and Kelleher hit him from behind, so its likely.
Even if he doesnt connect its a high foot so a free kick, Tierney got the decision right accidentally!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #899 on: March 3, 2024, 10:51:00 am »
Its quite something to see the level of negative reaction we are getting to that win. Jenas and Shearer on MOTD have stoked a lot of it by not providing any balance in their review, Keith Hackett has joined in blaming Tierney for an incorrect decision and obviously the paid shril Clattenberg. But there is no balance in the reporting, only our fans are mentioning the almost identical incident in the first half and the fact that Tierney missed an extremely high foot irrespective if he connects or not.

For the dropped balls, it all depends when the ref blows the whistle. I understand that the ball doesn't have to be in the penalty area for it to be given to the keeper on restart, just the last touch needs to be in the penalty area when the whistle is blown. So lets say for the first one it hits the players head and the ref blows before MacAllister gets the ball. Re-start is with the Forest keeper - correct decision if an accurate description. For the 'controversial one' Tierney looks at Konate and blows the whistle as the ball leaves the penalty area, now whether its before or after the Forest player touches the ball I have no idea, but he is clearly looking at the floored Konate as the ball leaves the area, so its reasonable to assume he has either blown his whistle (making the drop ball with the keeper the correct decision) or is about to and doesn't see the Forest player get the ball, which is a mistake, but a very minor one, certainly compared to the missed high foot.

I really struggle to understand why there is so much hatred for Liverpool, why do City escape this level of hatred given the 115 charges?

Also the Forest owner was a disgrace, he should be fined/banned for his reaction, its totally over the top.

The national anthem booing stokes some of it, or even fuck the Tories, given the millions that vote for them.

It was never as bad before social media though. The bitterness, resentment and hatred from certain fanbases towards us (namely Everton, United, City, Forest, Chelsea) gets amplified and every excuse to lay into Liverpool is jumped on.

Nobody gives a fuck about City (United fans might but they hate us much more). Only fans of some other London clubs give a fuck about Chelsea or Arsenal.

« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 10:55:38 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #900 on: March 3, 2024, 10:55:19 am »
The national anthem booing stokes some of it, or even fuck the Tories, given the millions that vote for them.

It was never as bad before social media though. The bitterness and hatred from certain fanbases towards us (Everton, United, City, Forest, Chelsea) gets amplified and every excuse to lay into Liverpool is jumped on.

Yeah, you are probably right, I do also think its deeper than that and stems back to the perception built in the 80s around the riots and Tories managed decline. I thought that might fade over time, but if anything its getting worse.

Just seen your addition about social media, yep its toxic.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: March 3, 2024, 10:57:24 am »

It was never as bad before social media though. The bitterness and hatred from certain fanbases towards us (Everton, United, City, Forest, Chelsea) gets amplified and every excuse to lay into Liverpool is jumped on.

Nobody hates City (United fans might but they hate us much more). Only fans of some other London clubs give a fuck about Chelsea or Arsenal.

It's why many on here believe the anti-Liverpool bias exists. We don't play the game or follow the rules, so we get shat on.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #902 on: March 3, 2024, 10:59:33 am »

It was never as bad before social media though. The bitterness, resentment and hatred from certain fanbases towards us (namely Everton, United, City, Forest, Chelsea) gets amplified and every excuse to lay into Liverpool is jumped on.

Nobody gives a fuck about City (United fans might but they hate us much more). Only fans of some other London clubs give a fuck about Chelsea or Arsenal.

It doesn't help that the main sports channel brainwashes fans with agendas from ratboy every week, and any time Klopp tries to improve the game (where his changes eventually get implemented when another manager talks about it) the media says he is ranting and moaning yet again.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #903 on: March 3, 2024, 10:59:58 am »
Yeah, you are probably right, I do also think its deeper than that and stems back to the perception built in the 80s around the riots and Tories managed decline. I thought that might fade over time, but if anything its getting worse.

It does go back to the 80s but the mood music was still a lot different in the 90s/early 2000s.

The Derby started getting poisonous at Goodison by the late 90s, Liverpool-United always a big grudge match, maybe a bit of traditional rivalry with Leeds/Forest (without the toxic chants) but there was no seething anger and rage towards everything Liverpool outside of Everton and United circles until the social media age.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: March 3, 2024, 11:03:01 am »
All the shit we have endured with var and dodgy decisions and we never resorted to that . We had grounds
To tear the place apart after the spurs game. This is nothing by comparison and they invade the pitch to attack the referee

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: March 3, 2024, 11:07:43 am »
Did anyone mention them singing anti-scouse songs for 99 minutes? Funny stuff. Shite team, shite fans.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #906 on: March 3, 2024, 11:14:52 am »

Ha Ha Martin Cassidy is the biggest red you will ever meet. Always makes me laugh when I see him on Telly pretending to be objective and sensible. 

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #907 on: March 3, 2024, 11:19:13 am »
I love the smell of fume in the morning.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #908 on: March 3, 2024, 11:21:02 am »
They don't care when we get a decision against us. They laugh at it.
F**k them. It's not our problem. Let Forest make fools of themselves, let the media print whatever they want.
The main injustice of the Spurs game was the disallowed goal, but was there even a mention that Spurs scored 90 seconds later? Was it even mentioned by everyone else?
Of course it wasn't.
As for Forest, AND Clattenberg, they need to be charged. Who do they think they are? The owner waited for the referee, and apparently chased him to his room? The coaching staff? And Clattenberg? Who does he think he is?
This referee analyst role gives him absolutely no right to seek out the referee, and no right to come out and say he was wrong, to the press. It gives him no more right than the coaches, the physics, the nutritionists etc. He needs to be charged.
Where is the clamour about protecting and respecting the officials now? Where are the public cries about the kids watching this behaviour and copying it?
Where are the cries for being role models?
Where are the cries about ruining the PL product, that is watched worldwide?
If Forest and Clattenberg are not charged over this it's a disgrace.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: March 3, 2024, 11:22:30 am »
You just know that had this been the other way round and we’d been on the receiving end, the narrative would’ve been so different. We’d be making all the same points Jermaine Penis et al were making but they’d be rubbished.

They’d be emphasising Tierney had done the same at an earlier incident, that it would’ve been a red card anyway for the boot to the face and that almost 2mins passed between the restart and the goal so we should just accept mistakes happen and we should move on.

They would’ve dismissed all the noise we’d make about it and tell us to pipe down. It’d not be getting anywhere near as much media attention as it is just now.

Poor Forest. 🤮
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #910 on: March 3, 2024, 11:24:19 am »
11 games to go red men.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #911 on: March 3, 2024, 11:31:14 am »
Can I just ask why people are saying Forest should've got the ball back the time their fella goes down and we're right around their box? Is that actually the rule and how does that possibly make sense?

Spoiler

[close]

I didn’t see that incident but if the ball was outside their box then we should get the drop ball. If it was inside, Forest should get it. If the rule I posted above is correct (taken directly from the Premier League website listing IFAB rules) then it would appear that the Forest players and staff (not to mention the MOTD panel) don’t know the rules.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 11:37:40 am by El_Macca_17 »
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: March 3, 2024, 11:32:11 am »
How did we end up with Tierney as ref again?

How many times is that now this season, compared to other refs
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #913 on: March 3, 2024, 11:34:06 am »
The only significance of this storm in a teacup about the restart is if a narrative builds before the City game that we benefitted from the error. We know how thick and easily influenced refs are and they will be desperate to avoid one going in our favour again.

It shouldn’t matter but it does so the club should make a point of drawing attention to the exact same earlier incident when Forest were given the ball back as well as the 2 minutes that elapsed between the error and our goal. This butterfly effect bollocks just enables failure and it won’t be long before teams will be moaning about incorrectly awarded throw ins affecting the game half an hour later.

Nothing will ever be as bad as the Tottenham screw job where we had a goal disallowed because two fat Mancs in a booth couldn’t speak English properly, and two red cards that were adjudicated to a totally different standard to most every other game. Club have to respond robustly when we are inevitably asked about it at press conferences.

I don’t know. Tierney getting abuse from their players and coaches, as well as abuse from the owner, won’t go down well with PGMOL.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: March 3, 2024, 11:34:57 am »
Honestly end of the day, we got the 3 points that's all that matters.

In terms of controversy it's a pretty minor one unfortunately Forest out of control reaction has made it a main story. You would question why they haven't been getting more criticism for that as when our manager shouts at a referee it is a big talking point worthy of nationwide condemnation. Disgraceful scenes at the end for a minor error at best. From a team that were diving, feigning injuries and time wasting.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #915 on: March 3, 2024, 11:39:58 am »
What a result.  I was playing round the clock in my local and a few Irish lads had a stream on. Me mate was about to throw a dart and I ran and jumped on his back . Mental.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #916 on: March 3, 2024, 11:43:25 am »
'Mark Clattenburg, Forest’s referee analyst' - WTF is this?

And:

"Clattenburg added he was not allowed into the referees' dressing room to speak to Paul Tierney after the game."

Why the hell should he be? I wasn’t particularly bothered about Forest one way or the other but I sincerely hope they get relegated now.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #917 on: March 3, 2024, 11:48:15 am »
It does go back to the 80s but the mood music was still a lot different in the 90s/early 2000s.

The Derby started getting poisonous at Goodison by the late 90s, Liverpool-United always a big grudge match, maybe a bit of traditional rivalry with Leeds/Forest (without the toxic chants) but there was no seething anger and rage towards everything Liverpool outside of Everton and United circles until the social media age.

Yeah it's a weird one.

I live away from Liverpool now, so for the first time I'm interacting with lots of English football fans from the South on a regular basis. I remember meeting one of my now-mates, nice enough lad by most accounts and an Arsenal fan (so no real beef with them, or so I thought), with a step mum from Liverpool (so it's not an anti-Scouse thing). The first time we got into footy chat, he told me "I hate your club, mate".

Likewise I know a few Newcastle fans here, one of them a good friend of mine (none of them from Newcastle, I should add). Two of them both told me, "I used to like Liverpool, but now I can't stand them". The other one (my good friend actually!) has simply never liked us.

You ask them why, and they just come up with vague fluff about decisions going our way, or our fans being intolerable, or LFC being "favoured" by the media and ex-LFC pundits etc.

I think a lot of it must be social media influenced. We certainly have our own army of social media gobshites. And generally the 24-hour clickbait style football "talking points". I think ultimately it all just seeps through. Plus of course the fact that we have been great in the Klopp era. No one likes seeing their clubs getting battered at Anfield every year.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 11:50:43 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline swish

• Main Stander
« Reply #918 on: March 3, 2024, 11:51:07 am »
All the shit we have endured with var and dodgy decisions and we never resorted to that . We had grounds
To tear the place apart after the spurs game. This is nothing by comparison and they invade the pitch to attack the referee

100 percent, Forest make out they have been robbed, 2 fucking minutes passed by between the incident and the goal.

The spurs game for us was the biggest injustice in the history of VAR and we didn't got to the lengths forest have,

Teams should of backed us about the diaz goal against spurs, they didnt so fuck them what goes around comes around.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #919 on: March 3, 2024, 11:57:16 am »
 ;D ;D

Yes the ball goes out of play and then passed back to Kelleher so the ball was practically dead. It wasn't as it we have a lot of pressure directly after the incident.

The video also shows that the referee blew his whistle when the ball was outside the penalty area and with Forest so, yes, they should have been given the ball back but they had ample opportunity afterwards to defend or even mount an attack themselves. If they had scored themselves they would have said absolutely zero about it.

Does anyone have a video of the similar incident that happened when their player went down. When did the referee blow the whistle; was the ball outsdie the area and with us?
#JFT97